Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 88. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I really like blocknet and would like to invest. However, I have one question:

Are their developers/team visible? Do we know their public identities?

Thanks!
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
Orders successfully placed for both Digibyte and BitBay on the decentralized exchange!

Sounds very interesting!

Regards Anoxy
MR1
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
Orders successfully placed for both Digibyte and BitBay on the decentralized exchange!

You have to announce this news on DGB thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/digibytedgb-core-v61651-digishield-digispeed-segwit-408268

This is on testnet?! So no test on mainnet yet? If so I would love a txid
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

You have to announce this news on DGB thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/digibytedgb-core-v61651-digishield-digispeed-segwit-408268
Activity: 141
Great, this will rock finally it will launch to mainnet! This year Block will rock!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Activity: 210
legendary
Which coins will be on the first launch? And is XC still being developed or is it history?

Lol

Sorry, not everyone is a genius like you. I don't understand anything technical about blockchain or any of these shitcoins. Im in this to make a quick buck and gtfo, like most.

At present, pretty much every Bitcoin clone is supported out of the box, since our integration requirements are (a) support for OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and (b) a stock JSON RPC interface.

However, being supported is not the same as being adopted; the latter is largely up to coins' communities.

Currently we have successfully tested and either placed orders or fully traded the following coins:
- BitBay
- Bitcoin
- BitSwift
- Dash
- Digibyte
- Litecoin
- Syscoin
- Stealthcoin

Finally, there are projects who we're in partnership or some form of collaboration with, or have otherwise committed to interoperate with, but haven't reached completed testing yet:
- Duality Solutions
- Ethereum
- Bitnation
- XCurrency
- ZCash

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
The Slack #testnet community team would like to officially confirm that DASH is supported on the Blocknet DX after a successful XBridge SYS for DASH trade about an hour ago!  Special thanks to xman and aderks for their help in testing!

It's very good news. Keep up the good work, devs!
Activity: 210
Which coins will be on the first launch? And is XC still being developed or is it history?

Lol

Sorry, not everyone is a genius like you. I don't understand anything technical about blockchain or any of these shitcoins. Im in this to make a quick buck and gtfo, like most.
legendary
86B
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
The Slack #testnet community team would like to officially confirm that DASH is supported on the Blocknet DX after a successful XBridge SYS for DASH trade about an hour ago!  Special thanks to xman and aderks for their help in testing!
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Quack.

true 0/

just a thought of mine - if blocknet is a Blockchain to Blockchain trading platform - how does the transaction time work?

say for example i want to exchange BTC for LTC. Blocktimes/Confirmation times are different so im locked until ive got my coins? (to trade further) also who does pay the transaction fee for the trade? (BTC and LTC)

i mean if i want to buy a coin because i believe in it longtherm its a great solution because i dont have to trust a central authority but if i just want to daytrade or scalp the markets im way better with polo/bittrex/whatever?

thanks!

synechist from the dev team answers this in the Reddit Blocknet AMA, here's the piece discussing your question - https://www.reddit.com/r/theblocknet/comments/676buj/ask_anything_about_blocknet_qa/#bottom-comments

Several people have asked what the speed of the decentralised exchange is, and how it will be affected by heavy volume, so I'll put that down here as a question.

[–]synechist 2 points 1 month ago
The capacity of the Blocknet's decentralised exchange increases with its user base. Since order broadcast and order matching are completely decentralised, there are no bottlenecks other than the ones which lie with users, namely their local internet connections.
In addition though, there is a shared capacity in the broadcasting system, which is really sky-high. Here is a relevant quotation from a Bitcoin wiki (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability#Scalability_targets):
Network Let's assume an average rate of 2000tps, so just VISA. Transactions vary in size from about 0.2 kilobytes to over 1 kilobyte, but it's averaging half a kilobyte today. That means that you need to keep up with around 8 megabits/second of transaction data (2000tps * 512 bytes) / 1024 bytes in a kilobyte / 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte = 0.97 megabytes per second * 8 = 7.8 megabits/second. This sort of bandwidth is already common for even residential connections today, and is certainly at the low end of what colocation providers would expect to provide you with. When blocks are solved, the current protocol will send the transactions again, even if a peer has already seen it at broadcast time. Fixing this to make blocks just list of hashes would resolve the issue and make the bandwidth needed for block broadcast negligable. So whilst this optimization isn't fully implemented today, we do not consider block transmission bandwidth here.
Finally, there is an inherent limitation in the blockchains traders choose to use which affects the time between trading coins and re-trading them, which is the blockchain's confirmation time. Thus, if a trader wishes to trade Bitcoin at a "trustless" (well, widely regarded as non-risky) level of security, (s)he should wait an hour before re-trading an address. However, I have proposed a solution to this, in the form of a "0-conf slider" in the UI, which functions to filter orders according to the number of confirnations that the user is willing to wait for. Thus, at a small increase of risk, scalping and other fast trading strategies may be employed.
I think that suitably addresses concerns. The Blocknet is fast.

Hope this helps!

thank you!

what exaclty is the risk? is there a more technical explanation? also - when im trading with coins i dont have a confirmation to spend on, how does blocknet or my bitcoin/litecoin wallet block the coins not to be spend elsewhere? as i understand i will need the full blockchains to do transactions. so i guess the blocknet client is executing transactions via my btc/ltc client?

I believe that's why they need oplockverify option enabled. It acts as a kind of escrow in this case and will make sure the coins sent and received are valid and will be confirmed properly, etc.

ah ok - thanks ;-)
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
Would it be accurate to summarize Blocknet as a direct peer-to-peer exchange of digital assets?
Direct peer-to-peer is a characteristic of a (truly) decentralized exchange. Another characteristic is that you can't get scammed (as opposed to classical peer-to-peer where someone could pretend he has the assets you're looking for and just run with your money, or where you would need to use an escrow for safety)
Activity: 385
Would it be accurate to summarize Blocknet as a direct peer-to-peer exchange of digital assets?

I've been doing a bunch of research lately and fsr ... my understanding of Blocknet keeps getting pulled in different directions.

Can Blocknet be summarized "in a nutshell" (I realize leaving a lot out, but still ...), and if so, is the above summary about right?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
philipmarshall [2:40 AM]
I have an update from Arlyn @synechist for you all:

[2:40]
He has been chipping away at the design spec, and yesterday succeeded in placing orders for both Bitbay and Digibyte.
Will spread the word after he contacts the respective devs.
So not all is quiet with him. he says he just have very little energy and only has few hours of work in him per day right now.
He says multiple questions on multiple channels sounds completely overwhelming at the moment but to tell the good folks he is alive and working. (edited)
Activity: 476

true 0/

just a thought of mine - if blocknet is a Blockchain to Blockchain trading platform - how does the transaction time work?

say for example i want to exchange BTC for LTC. Blocktimes/Confirmation times are different so im locked until ive got my coins? (to trade further) also who does pay the transaction fee for the trade? (BTC and LTC)

i mean if i want to buy a coin because i believe in it longtherm its a great solution because i dont have to trust a central authority but if i just want to daytrade or scalp the markets im way better with polo/bittrex/whatever?

thanks!

synechist from the dev team answers this in the Reddit Blocknet AMA, here's the piece discussing your question - https://www.reddit.com/r/theblocknet/comments/676buj/ask_anything_about_blocknet_qa/#bottom-comments

Several people have asked what the speed of the decentralised exchange is, and how it will be affected by heavy volume, so I'll put that down here as a question.

[–]synechist 2 points 1 month ago
The capacity of the Blocknet's decentralised exchange increases with its user base. Since order broadcast and order matching are completely decentralised, there are no bottlenecks other than the ones which lie with users, namely their local internet connections.
In addition though, there is a shared capacity in the broadcasting system, which is really sky-high. Here is a relevant quotation from a Bitcoin wiki (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Scalability#Scalability_targets):
Network Let's assume an average rate of 2000tps, so just VISA. Transactions vary in size from about 0.2 kilobytes to over 1 kilobyte, but it's averaging half a kilobyte today. That means that you need to keep up with around 8 megabits/second of transaction data (2000tps * 512 bytes) / 1024 bytes in a kilobyte / 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte = 0.97 megabytes per second * 8 = 7.8 megabits/second. This sort of bandwidth is already common for even residential connections today, and is certainly at the low end of what colocation providers would expect to provide you with. When blocks are solved, the current protocol will send the transactions again, even if a peer has already seen it at broadcast time. Fixing this to make blocks just list of hashes would resolve the issue and make the bandwidth needed for block broadcast negligable. So whilst this optimization isn't fully implemented today, we do not consider block transmission bandwidth here.
Finally, there is an inherent limitation in the blockchains traders choose to use which affects the time between trading coins and re-trading them, which is the blockchain's confirmation time. Thus, if a trader wishes to trade Bitcoin at a "trustless" (well, widely regarded as non-risky) level of security, (s)he should wait an hour before re-trading an address. However, I have proposed a solution to this, in the form of a "0-conf slider" in the UI, which functions to filter orders according to the number of confirnations that the user is willing to wait for. Thus, at a small increase of risk, scalping and other fast trading strategies may be employed.
I think that suitably addresses concerns. The Blocknet is fast.

Hope this helps!

thank you!

what exaclty is the risk? is there a more technical explanation? also - when im trading with coins i dont have a confirmation to spend on, how does blocknet or my bitcoin/litecoin wallet block the coins not to be spend elsewhere? as i understand i will need the full blockchains to do transactions. so i guess the blocknet client is executing transactions via my btc/ltc client?

I believe that's why they need oplockverify option enabled. It acts as a kind of escrow in this case and will make sure the coins sent and received are valid and will be confirmed properly, etc.
Pages:
Jump to: