Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 90. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
@Optimiza that's the experience I hope to have - is this possible? I am not sure how the DX will work exactly from the user viewpoint

With Jaxx-wallet the idea is partially there so far, however it has limited coins, does not connect to hardware wallet, and the exchange is made using Shapeshift.  Wallets like these could fall within the Blocknets scope, although maybe blocknet may end up being a specialized exchange service (i.e. one of the wallets 'apps').  More ambitiously, the end product I see would be something like the Ethereum Mist Browser, except the Browser is blockchain specific, whereas this general purpose software would be multi-blockchain.  I haven't found any project like this out there (except Jaxx and hardware specific lite clients like Trezor, but  how do you invest in them?); blocknet comes nearest to the above vision from the projects I know.   
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Activity: 771
Merit: 521
Wow.  In a sea of red at Coinmarket cap, Block is a shining 14% green right now. Its outperforming 90% of all the other coins. Only 10 coins are green right now and Block is right in the middle.  Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Is there any Team section Where can I look at the Dev team members ?

I would assume the marketing team is coming out with all that stuff soon, but Dan(atcsecure) is the man, the myth, the legend, behind this project.  You can find out a little information on what he's been involved in on his linkedin profile, but I learned the most through the XCurrency and Blocknet threads over the years.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dan-metcalf-b821a812/

Again, I'm fairly confident the new marketing team is working on more of what you're looking for(the whole team), but Synechist may also be able to share a link or page on their website that I somehow didn't see before.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Is there any Team section Where can I look at the Dev team members ?
86B
Activity: 45
Merit: 1

Update from lead dev atcsecure about 2 hours ago on Slack:

atcsecure
[8:06 AM]

[8:06]
I can give a quick update as its been quiet since the last round of testing

right we have 2 major tracks

the api & orderbook for the “testing” dx

you can use the dx today with btc/syscoin/ltc

the 2nd track is the service-node update which is slated for 3rd week of july

however we haven’t started testing that release yet so that date may move a little depending on when we start/finish testing, the alpha release is coming end of next week so we can discuss the timeline then if needed

so the current milestone is a working api/orderbook and with the major mile stone being the update to service-nodes

atcsecure
[8:10 AM]
we also have a few coins to add to the DX.. that will be happening over the next week or 2

Big things coming very soon!
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
@Optimiza that's the experience I hope to have - is this possible? I am not sure how the DX will work exactly from the user viewpoint
Activity: 116
Quack.
it will also be possible to trade on the same blockchain? for example trading tokens on the ETH chain for ETH. or ETH tokens for other ETH tokens?

thanks
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Early conceptual mockups of the decentralised exchange UI by sadochismo: https://twitter.com/The_Blocknet/status/855801087646982145
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
I mean,roadmap and whitepaper is in process
is there a development roadmap published?

It is in process right now
Activity: 70
Here is my imagined user experience circa 2025 (hopefully much earlier)

I plug in the hardware wallet and run the "Blocknet Lite Client". The client reads off the keys from the hardware wallet and shows the accounts  and values for the various different coins I have, say A , B , C
I wish to trade A with B. After pushing the 'Trading' Button,  I specify the trading pair A,B and get the market information. After evaluating, I click "Trade" and after some waitable time, I note that effectively, A has been converted into B.  All in a days work, I then close the lite wallet and unplug the hardware wallet.  I would not know the technology in full detail, but I would rest assured that the  that my private keys were not exposed at any moment during the process.

Does this seem feasible and fall within the Blocknet roadmap? 

If you want to participate in some ICO,you need to dump another coins on centralised exchange,exchange them for BTC,Eth or another crypto,send these coins to your wallet,wait for confirmations....With blocknet DX,you just need to exchange coins for Btc or Eth,and send them to ICO address without paying extra fees and waiting. Wink
Activity: 141
@danielwwt: true words, yes, nothing, if i make a mistake its my mistake, not everyone else steals my money and buys the multicolored lamborghini  Grin
Activity: 78
It gets better when you update the USD value to the current price.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 147
I found some interesting information,what can be used in marketing.
There is list of hacked exchanges and losses

Date             Bitcoin Service Targeted                   Attack Details                        BTC stolen                  USD value
2016 Aug                    Bitfinex (exchange)             user wallets/inside job                 119,756                 $66,000,000
2016 May                    Gatecoin (exchange)               hot wallet multicurrency                                                 $2,000,000
2016 Mar                 ShapeShift (exchange)     inside job   multicurrency                                                 $230,000
2016 Mar                      Cointrader                         hot wallet                                 81 BTC                 $33,600
2016 Jan                    Bitstamp (exchange)               hot wallet                                 18,866                 $5,263,614
2015 Feb                          Bter (exchange)             cold wallet/inside job                  7,000                         $1,750,000
2015 Feb                       Exco.in (exchange)             cold wallet/inside job                    n/a                            n/a
2015 Feb                        Kipcoin (exchange)     cold wallet/inside job                  3,000                         $690,000
2015 Feb                         796 (exchange)             cold wallet/inside job                 1,000                         $230,000
2015 Jan                       Bitstamp (exchange)           hot wallet                                 19,000                 $5,100,000
2015 Jan                        Cavirtex (exchange)     user database stolen                   n/a                              n/a
2014 Dec                  Blockchain.info (wallet)   c user wallets (bug, R values)           267                         $101,000
2014 Dec                    Mintpal (exchange)                      inside job                          3,700                         $3,208,412
2014 Aug                   Cryptsy (exchange)                      inside job multicurrency                                         $6,000,000
2014 Mar                        Flexcoin (wallet)                  hot wallet                                  1,000                         $738,240
2014 Mar                 CryptoRush (exchange)    cold wallet/inside job                  950                         $782,641
2014 Jan                   Mt.gox (exchange)        hot & cold wallets/inside job          850,000                 $700,258,171
2013 Dec               Blockchain.info (wallet)     2-factor authentication breach                  800                         $800,000
2013 Nov                  Inputs.io (wallet)           cold wallet/inside job                          4,100                         $4,370,000
2013 Nov                       BIPS (wallet)                 cold wallet/inside job                          1,200                         $1,200,000
2013 Nov               PicoStocks (exchange)        cold wallet/inside job                          6,000                         $6,009,397
2012 Mar                 Linode (webhosting)                inside job                                  46,703                 $228,845

Do not be next sucker,use blocknet! Kiss
Activity: 186

Thanks.

I have to run all wallets to trade. Few of them take days to sync. I don't see mass adoption as for now. This is just too complicated for normal user and takes too much time and effort to start.

When will be user friendly app available? I can't find that info too.

SPV trading wallet which doesn't require blockchain downloads is in the pipeline.

I remember Monero when it first came out was complicated to use and I struggled with different guides. But getting in early paid off.

Thanks.

I have to run all wallets to trade. Few of them take days to sync. I don't see mass adoption as for now. This is just too complicated for normal user and takes too much time and effort to start.

You need to run only wallets of coins,what you want to trade.Join our slack,and read discussion on general channel from today.It will take you 10-15 minutes,but you will get many answers.
Synechist has answered to many questions today.
You need to understand,what blocknet is ahead of other competitors right now in building truly decentralized exchange.
People don`t trust to exchanges,but when they hear what they need to download whole blockchains of trading pairs,many of them say something like you.Process will be more user friendly in near future,but right now,you need to download full blockchains of trading pairs,but this is full decentralization.No more exchanges,what are keeping your coins and wanisch some day with all users money like it was many times before.All coins what you trade,belongs to you,and stay on your local PC.
Right now there is no date estimated,when will be more friendly user app available,but it will be there.
We are still in beginning stage of mass adoption of cryptos,and only patient people will be truly rewarded.
Like someone said on slack-"Other coins have marketing and whitepapers,with raw platforms without working tech.Blocknet made working tech,and whitepaper is in progress,and marketing is just starting"
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

Thanks.

Pages:
Jump to: