Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 91. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Where is link to download and try this Blocknet exchange? I can't find it.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Quack.
strong btc lets c how block will do ;-P
Activity: 371
Merit: 252
I own both Blocknet and Internet of Coins. Basically I see the main differences right now is that IoC is just finishing up their ico. They only have an alpha wallet on tor. That's all they have "just a wallet" in their own words. I really like the team they assembled and have been following them since 2014. They announced their project about the same time as block. I'm looking forward to their future.

But IoC doesn't have a product yet. They are a year away from testnet. Whereas Blocknet is currently live on testnet right now. Trades have occurred between blockchains. We will have a live decentralized exchange within the near future.

The future is upon us with Blocknet. IoC is not ready any time soon.
Activity: 771
Merit: 521
There are only 3.9 million blocks. The rest is a burn address. 3% staking per year.

Also, this might help answer your questions regarding differences between Waves & Ark and so on:

https://www.reddit.com/r/theblocknet/comments/676buj/ask_anything_about_blocknet_qa/
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Hi, could you explain what are the differences between your project and IOC and why should I invest in your project and not on IOC, or other similar projects that aim to connect different blockchains like Ark, Waves etc?

Here's the IOC whitepaper for reference:

https://internetofcoins.org/public/uploads/whitepaper_ioc.pdf

Also what will the total supply be on this one? at what rate are the coins released into the market? Is it a predictable supply? (like bitcoin:

)

In coinmarketcap it says

"10,079,084 BLOCK "

Is this the actual total supply forever or there will be some kind of inflation? How was that number determined to be the total supply?

Also another additional problems i have with Blocknet:

1) You need to run a full node for each coin you want to trade. This is unpractical because most people don't bother running full nodes. It is good to run a bitcoin core full node, but nobody that wants to speculate with alts is going to download a full node for each alt they want to trade.

2) I've heard there will be SPV support (so you can trade using wallets like Electrum) but at this point, can you still call it decentralized? Since SPV is not really decentralized.

3) I don't see what we have now as a proper exchange. It is more like a marketplace. A proper exchange needs charts, instant setting of buy and sell orders etc, high liquidity.
The reason people risk it with centralized exchanges like Poloniex is because there aren't really any other alternatives. Will you be able to achieve this same experience in a decentralized way?

What i've heard about this is pretty vague. How do you aim to achieve that in a decentralized way and working under a browser?
Update from Dev:

List of Coins (in alphabetical order) that can be traded on Blocknet Decentralized Exchange:
(To be updated as we find out about compatible coins)

BitBay
Blocknet (forthcoming)
Bitcoin
BitSwift (forthcoming)
Duality Solutions
Ethereum (forthcoming)
Litecoin
Stealthcoin (confirmation pending)
Syscoin
XCurrency
ZCash (small enhancement required on XBridge's API)         

Soft fork will occur late July when the DX goes "live".
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
$7.50 Smiley  Cool

Damn it was just 5.xx , around 220K satoshi in the morning, its now 280K

Great movement tho!
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
@scamalert: marketing group started work just few weeks ago, things are going to be developed, whitepaper is short to be finished. You should join slack and read the OP on first side. At the moment after years of silent develpment, few things are not up to date like roadmap, ect. I think this will be done until mid of July referring to slack.
Activity: 498
Merit: 250
Hello , I am new in Blocknet project please give me the link of Roadmap and next development links ..
Thank you
Activity: 170
I also think that we are just days/weeks before the next rocket starts like the one brought as from 2 to 8$. Its to much phantasie at the moment the market could not react... I think these prices at the moment last for to long!

Agree - we are so stable. After going to ATHs (0.003 BTC) we corrected to a healthy level (0.002 BTC), stabilized, and it's now slowly trending up. Next target will probably be $15-20.
I also think that we are just days/weeks before the next rocket starts like the one brought as from 2 to 8$. Its to much phantasie at the moment the market could not react... I think these prices at the moment wont last for to long!
Activity: 170
Why would anyone use BLocknet when there is already working product called BitSquare.io where people can do everything Blocknet promises without the meme token?
BitSquare.io has nothing to do with idea of blocknet.It is like cat and apple...
Blocknet is using Xbridge P2P application,to make contact between different blockchains,and make atomic swaps.

Bitscuare.io is just p2p BTC/FIAT exchange,nothing more...

Yes, and to add to that: since it uses 2-of-3 multisig addresses (buyer, seller, and arbitrator), it is not truly atomic and trustless as Blocknet is. You must also pay security deposits to trade (0.01 BTC), which will add additional network transaction fees and is a barrier to entry for microtrades (think of pay-as-you-use microservices such as decentralized storage, internet, etc.)
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Why would anyone use BLocknet when there is already working product called BitSquare.io where people can do everything Blocknet promises without the meme token?

Blocknet is also an already working product and it's totally different from Bitsquare, DYOR.

Really looking forward to the soft fork, have been holding this for some months now, just bought some more, I believe we're really at the brisk of a huge rise in price for Block. Like Trollollo says, the community has a rock-solid trust in the project, the devs and the tech. We are at the absolute bottom right now. In the coming month, the brand new marketing team will be releasing it's first stuff, there will be a whitepaper release, a soft fork for the mainnet launch and a new UI. Block is around ranking 100 right now, with a product far superior to WAVES, but a market cap which is more than 20x smaller. This is just a no-brainer for me right now, by far my biggest bag i've ever held.
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
BitSquare.io has nothing to do with idea of blocknet.It is like cat and apple...
Blocknet is using Xbridge P2P application,to make contact between different blockchains,and make atomic swaps.

Bitscuare.io is just p2p BTC/FIAT exchange,nothing more...
Russian and german OPs are ready"! Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 255
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Quack.
There is so low volume,because people are holding blocks for long therm.We all believe in this coin,and trust to it`s developers,because they deliver their promises. Devs was able to run away,and make another ICO and maybe get millions,but they still stick with their first babies (Block and XC) and I think,this means a lot for community.There are some day traders,of course-some people are selling to make profits,or invest in other projects,but I believe what most part of community are holding for long therm,and this is reason why we have so low volume.People are afraid from daytrading,because block may skyrocket at any time.
I personally think,what price will rise up couple weeks or months after softfork,and it will rocket up when UI will be ready,but in these markets you need to be ready to 200% price change over night,so I think-it is better to hold,because if you place sell order in hope what you will buy back cheaper,before going sleep,and we get pumped over night,your next day will be bad day.

true. thanks for your thoughts. im sitting on my blocks - no doubts here B-)
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
There is so low volume,because people are holding blocks for long therm.We all believe in this coin,and trust to it`s developers,because they deliver their promises. Devs was able to run away,and make another ICO and maybe get millions,but they still stick with their first babies (Block and XC) and I think,this means a lot for community.There are some day traders,of course-some people are selling to make profits,or invest in other projects,but I believe what most part of community are holding for long therm,and this is reason why we have so low volume.People are afraid from daytrading,because block may skyrocket at any time.
I personally think,what price will rise up couple weeks or months after softfork,and it will rocket up when UI will be ready,but in these markets you need to be ready to 200% price change over night,so I think-it is better to hold,because if you place sell order in hope what you will buy back cheaper,before going sleep,and we get pumped over night,your next day will be bad day.
Soft Fork should come in third week of July regarding to a post by synchrist @ slack. And this finally brings the working exchange from testnet to working blockchain. This will cause a lot of publicity. Better to start investing now. I look forward to it! Gui and SPV WILL come after that, thats not a general question, just a question of time! This year will be a blocknet year i hope and guess!
Pages:
Jump to: