Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BTL] Bitleu - Romanian investment cryptocurrency - ASIC-MultiPool proof ! - page 11. (Read 104697 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Have you seen the coin's current hash rate? Investors also look at this.
Script Jane is losing miners to more efficient algos. If Bitleu continues in this path, it will become extinct.

Don't like X11? Blake 256 has merged mining (guaranteed miners)

Another idea, destroy most of the premine and thereby reducing it to 250 million instead of 2.5 billion. The coin value will shoot up instantly. Having more of the coins dilutes each coin's value.

Let's not emulate countries that print more money and thereby reducing the value of one's monetary assets.

Script Jane is not losing miners to more efficient algos. An algo can be only more efficient than an algo that has the same result but doing it in a different way. X11 and scrypt-jane suite of algos are completely different. Mining a coin can be more efficient than others and that is in terms of producing money or in terms of money/electricity consumed. That efficiency is not coming from the algo itself but there are many variables involved: current difficulty/number of miners in the network, value of the coin on the exchanges. . etc.

The premine will not be destroyed. That will not shoot up the value of the coin, because the premine is not listed as a sell wall. If we lower the block reward, that is what will make the coin more scarce in terms of what the miners can be selling on the exchanges. That's when we will be able to sustain a higher value for BTL with only few people coming in everyday.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Stemming inflation is a good idea, but you need to increase coin value fast. Miners might not mine anymore.
We work on this. Besides what we already have, any good feasible idea is welcomed and very much appreciated!

Teodor, since you already plan to hard fork. Why not convert wallets to X11 algorithm which is more efficient and popular nowadays. Or convert to Blake-256 so it can be merged mined http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/273/how-does-merged-mining-work

Doing the above steps will ensure the network will remain healthy and hash rates stay up even with reduction on rewards.

X11 - most miners are on this now.
Blake 256 - Guaranteed mining since a miner can mine many other coins simultaneously (Dirac, Blakebitcoin, Photon, EFL)

They are open-sourced and can be implemented asap.

If we tie BitLeu with a merged mining network, it might not be healthy in the long term. Miners will be mining this automatically with other coins and dump it on the go.
My opinion is that if we stay on the original Scrypt-Jane then a much higher percentage of the people mining it will be interested to hold.

I do not foresee a change of the algo soon. The N-factor change is already enough, it will be harder and harder to mine it but will also allow people with CPU's only to mine this coin, after more than 2 years at N-factor of 15 and 16.

About the health of the network, I think that there are more and more people interested in BTL, soon we will see more miners. When the coin will raise on the exchanges, many will join the network, we do not worry about this.

Thanks for all the advises, it is good to see people trying to bring improvements to BitLeu. I can already feel there is a community forming.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Scrypt-chacha with variable n factor is where it's at...leave it be.

High n factors make the coin mineable by owners of cheap gpus, and equalize hash rates between a 280x and a gtx 750 ti, or even an r7 240 4gb card...cpus can mine "profitably" but won't ever get on par with gpus, still usable though.

I think chacha is way better for coin distribution, since anyone with some dedication can tweak the miner and run it efficiently.
Problem is people are LAZY and want to copy paste setups and run the latest sgminer fork to mine whatever random coin without any work, and get paid in btc. But trust me, I've had more luck mining yacoin than any other coin so far, and it's been a long time since launch.
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
Maybe this hard fork will implement all these ideas.
If you have more, don't hesitate to share with us.
I've been checking Github. Only the block reward is changed and possible PoS implementation.

Anyone here can give me a complete dossier on Bitleu, Bitleu's projects, BitLeu's history, key people, why a large premine, who controls the coin development, why mahogany, plans for the future?

I'll write a press release. PM me.

The coin should be the one catching up and adjusting to project developments. Not the other way around.

High inflation and slow project developments spell disaster.

If the rate of real life projects outpaces a coin's inflation. Each coin's value will also increase.
so you want bitcoin algo changed to X11 too ?

It's been discussed by the btc foundation (hard forking, not x11 though).

Everybody agrees it will be chaotic.

If Bitcoin will change to another algo, that means all these ASICs for SHA256 will be pretty useless...... WOW !

Also algo change won't happen because big money from large ASICs farms will stop it.
Activity: 826
'All that glitters is not gold'
The coin should be the one catching up and adjusting to project developments. Not the other way around.

If the rate of real life projects outpaces a coin's inflation. Each coin's value will also increase.

If Bitcoin will change to another algo, that means all these ASICs for SHA256 will be pretty useless...... WOW !
legendary

I think the scrypt-jane algo will stay.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

legendary
Script Jane is losing miners to more efficient algos. If Bitleu continues in this path, it will become extinct.

Another idea, destroy most of the premine and thereby reducing it to 250 million instead of 2.5 billion. The coin value will shoot up instantly. Having more of the coins dilutes each coin's value.

Let's not emulate countries that print more money and thereby reducing the value of one's monetary assets.
miners don't care that much about algo, they just care about profitability.
There are still people mining MRC, Yac, CacheCoin and BDC (the newcomer to scrypt-jane...)
And the advantage of scrypt-jane is that it is mostly under the radar of asic development. (I mean, there will never be any scrypt-jane asic unless btl become very profitable   Wink )

Blake is mined by FPGA.
If a new algo would have to be chosen, I would rather vote for groestl as there is no big improvement from cpu to gpu or anything else meaning everyone has his chance to get something.

I agree if changing the reward to 25 from 250, then the premine should be reduced as well, it was already huge, it would become insanely huge...
However assuming the airdrop takes place, it is better to give people something which is worth 4 block rather than something which is worth even not half a block (I would write I told you so, but I would need to search the message I posted few months ago about that on that thread  Grin)
Maybe this hard fork will implement all these ideas.
If you have more, don't hesitate to share with us.
legendary

legendary

legendary
How about scrypt-N (like Vertcoin) ?
hell no  Grin (summer is almost there... and I am wondering what am I doing in front of my pc  Huh)
Seriously what's wrong with scrypt-jane ?
well may-be freezing the increase of the N factor would be a good thing...
How about scrypt-N (like Vertcoin) ?
legendary
Stemming inflation is a good idea, but you need to increase coin value fast. Miners might not mine anymore.
We work on this. Besides what we already have, any good feasible idea is welcomed and very much appreciated!

Teodor, since you already plan to hard fork. Why not convert wallets to X11 algorithm which is more efficient and popular nowadays. Or convert to Blake-256 so it can be merged mined http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/273/how-does-merged-mining-work

Doing the above steps will ensure the network will remain healthy and hash rates stay up even with reduction on rewards.

Blake 256 - Guaranteed mining since a miner can mine many other coins simultaneously (Dirac, Blakebitcoin, Photon, EFL)

X11 is a very bad idea in my opinion, there are 3 X11 launches everyday. Why in the hell, anyone even remotely serious would like to move to X11 at the moment (such a bad idea), groestl would be a better choice ( Grin just keeping with scrypt-jane is ok... the are much less clone using scrypt-jane)

Also it wouldn't ensure neither the network, miners are just moving from one X11 coin to another.
X11 coins are just good for fast dumping on the exchange and most of these coin will loose all their values at best in a couple of months.
legendary

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Good day everyone,

We have new updates regarding BitLeu.

The new fork is coming starting block 125 000 so please everyone update your clients as soon as possible.

We are offering a reward of 50 000 BTL for someone that will compile the BitLeu windows client and also 50 000 BTL for the Mac client and we will post it here when it is available.

What were we updating ? The most important thing is block reward:

Starting Block 125 000, BitLeu will have only 25 coins per block instead of 250.
We feel like something was wrong with the way it was conceived and the big amount of coins that are on the market daily can't sustain the new investors in the coin. Also, the large amount of coins on the market will make it much harder to increase it's value.

As we intend to develop it more, we feel like changing the block reward is something that we are supposed to be doing, besides other incoming development, marketing and real life incoming sustainable project.
In order to observe all the development, we kindly ask you to patiently watch for all the announcements, follow our twitter @BitLeu or follow our facebook.com/bitleu.

We wish everyone good luck in trading and happy mining !
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Hahaha. Buying 500k BTL is a lot cheaper.  Smiley
Even your 0.0001 BTC is very optimistic with 5 billion coins. Hahaha.
But it is a nice idea  Wink for tree investors .

To buy 500K wont be easy soon  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: