Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 158. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Looking at my wallet I see at the right side:

Recent Blocks
Height   Date   Amount + Fee   # TX
146998   9/26/2015 22:44:25   3'338.41831589 + 13        13
146997   9/26/2015 22:37:45   0 + 0   0
146996   9/26/2015 22:37:38   0 + 0   0
146995   9/26/2015 22:34:39   4'498.26915206 + 8       8
146994   9/26/2015 22:30:17   1 + 1   1
146993   9/26/2015 22:28:41   6'382.35132008 + 14        14
146992   9/26/2015 22:25:39   0 + 0   0
146991   9/26/2015 22:25:29   0 + 0   0
146990   9/26/2015 22:23:26   0 + 0   0
146989   9/26/2015 22:15:02   0.00000001 + 1       1

Can anybody explain what are "Amount + Fee" and "# TX" represent?

I don't even load the wallet more than once every few months at most, but I'm 99% sure amount + fee represents the amount of burst being transferred in that block, fee is the total amount of fees the miner would collect, and # TX is the number of transactions in that block. Aren't you supposed to be like a BURST expert, Elmit? How the hell do you not know this? Is this a trick question? Am I taking crazy pills right now?!
Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
Looking at my wallet I see at the right side:

Recent Blocks
Height   Date   Amount + Fee   # TX
146998   9/26/2015 22:44:25   3'338.41831589 + 13        13
146997   9/26/2015 22:37:45   0 + 0   0
146996   9/26/2015 22:37:38   0 + 0   0
146995   9/26/2015 22:34:39   4'498.26915206 + 8       8
146994   9/26/2015 22:30:17   1 + 1   1
146993   9/26/2015 22:28:41   6'382.35132008 + 14        14
146992   9/26/2015 22:25:39   0 + 0   0
146991   9/26/2015 22:25:29   0 + 0   0
146990   9/26/2015 22:23:26   0 + 0   0
146989   9/26/2015 22:15:02   0.00000001 + 1       1

Can anybody explain what are "Amount + Fee" and "# TX" represent?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I'm running quite a few Seagate 4 and 5 TB external drives, been running quite a while without issue.

I bought them because the price was right  Cool. As far as I can tell BURST has done zero damage to them.

Everything is still running exactly the way it should be.

I bought recently four 8TB HDD of Segate. One was broken directly, one has displayed an error after about four weeks in RAID.
Two and a exchanged run until now well so far.

The super cheap "archive" drives must be used with some care.  I have found that if you throw too much data at them too fast, then they totally freeze up, sometimes crashing windows 10 along with themselves. They can go silent and not show up in disk manager for hours if they first get stressed out. Not sure if it is thermal or cache/firmware issues or both.

in any way, if i don't push data to them too hard ( no copy these 4TB plots onto this 8TB drive kinda operations )  then they work just fine..  i use the free program FastCopy to copy stuff in a slow pace onto the drives ( fastcopy can be set up to run at reduced speed, i use 50% setting)

when an archive drive has been stressed to become unstable, even reading from it is a bitch, it cannot sustain any kind of reasonable transfer rate.. but if you keep it on for some hours or longer, it tend to sort itself out again. Also filling the drive up completely seems to make it go berserk.

Haven't tried to have burst plots on archive drives, but i guess it will be allright perhaps as long as you leave some room on the drive to make the firmware happy.  Don't copy your plots over at full speed though, they choke on 100 mb/s for more than 20-40GB at a time.  If you copy slowly ( using fastcopy or similar ) you can copy hundreds of MB wo issues

With small chunks of data ( 5-10 MB ) you can copy as fast as the SATA allows you to, they are fine with that.  As I understand it, they use part of the platters for intermediate storage, and as long as you don't fill that up, they are pretty fast.

It was the archive one.
But the first drive was broken on first connection, so there wasn't a fault on my side.
The second drive was broken after a short power cut (but there wasn't any writeoperation active at this moment).

I never hab problems while writing to this disks, as long as you consider that these hard drives, because of the technology, are a bit slower at writing than conventional drives.
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
shameless plug, but with a burst twist :

burst bounty.

if you place top-25 in the weekly ranking list (free to play game) at www.betonfinance.com then when you mail with the admin to claim winnings, add your burst addresss and a note to the admin staff to ask Dennis to pay burst bounty, i will send you 10000 burst as an extra prize.

This will last until i decide it is too expensive ;-)

tnx for trying out our game - feedback is welcome, we're learning.

I just solo mined my burstcoin # 4 million.. hooray for me and my trusty drives ;-)
I'm running quite a few Seagate 4 and 5 TB external drives, been running quite a while without issue.

I bought them because the price was right  Cool. As far as I can tell BURST has done zero damage to them.

I bought recently four 8TB HDD of Segate. One was broken directly, one has displayed an error after about four weeks in RAID.

The super cheap "archive" drives must be used with some care.  I have found that if you throw too much data at them too fast, then they totally freeze up, sometimes crashing windows 10 along with themselves. They can go silent and not show up in disk manager for hours if they first get stressed out. Not sure if it is thermal or cache/firmware issues or both.

in any way, if i don't push data to them too hard ( no copy these 4TB plots onto this 8TB drive kinda operations )  then they work just fine..  i use the free program FastCopy to copy stuff in a slow pace onto the drives ( fastcopy can be set up to run at reduced speed, i use 50% setting)

when an archive drive has been stressed to become unstable, even reading from it is a bitch, it cannot sustain any kind of reasonable transfer rate.. but if you keep it on for some hours or longer, it tend to sort itself out again. Also filling the drive up completely seems to make it go berserk.

Haven't tried to have burst plots on archive drives, but i guess it will be allright perhaps as long as you leave some room on the drive to make the firmware happy.  Don't copy your plots over at full speed though, they choke on 100 mb/s for more than 20-40GB at a time.  If you copy slowly ( using fastcopy or similar ) you can copy hundreds of MB wo issues

With small chunks of data ( 5-10 MB ) you can copy as fast as the SATA allows you to, they are fine with that.  As I understand it, they use part of the platters for intermediate storage, and as long as you don't fill that up, they are pretty fast.

I bought them because the price was right  Cool. As far as I can tell BURST has done zero damage to them.

I also buy the cheapest ones. I have had drives fail from time to time, but it seems to be different over time, what company make the bad batches, hard to predict, almost all my drives have lasted long enough to become too small so i replace them with larger ones bf they go R.I.P. I'd guess my average drive lasts 5 to 7 yrs bf i discard it for being too small.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
The BURST price can really use a pump now, the price is pretty low and it won't stay this low for long time because after we will get more projects on the start, it will start to rush up.

Any plans to promote BURST? I got one if anybody is interested, and it doesn't cost anybody anything.

I'm still on the boat , so I'm interested in...
Activity: 504
Merit: 512
The BURST price can really use a pump now, the price is pretty low and it won't stay this low for long time because after we will get more projects on the start, it will start to rush up.

Any plans to promote BURST? I got one if anybody is interested, and it doesn't cost anybody anything.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
dumpity dump dump miner scam
BTW, every time I disassemble an old laptop (manufactured like from 2000-2005) 9 out of 10 times, they have Hitachi HDDs. And God dammit, I'm still to find a malfunctional Hitachi after all those years since creating them. Too bad they are too small to mine with  Cheesy

I bought them because the price was right  Cool. As far as I can tell BURST has done zero damage to them.

The 8TBs, were they the "archive" model or the later released "desktop" version? I heard that the first one have had massive problems for regular pc usage.

Kinda funny with all this knowledge of HDDs we gathered after almost 15 months Wink
Activity: 6

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

The same thing here. I have a Samsung M3 1 TB (yeah, not so much...) external drive and he is still working like a charm after near 1 year of mining with at least 3 hours a day.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

My own experience is one thing, the BackBlaze study of hard drives is another. They Do extreme capacity drive pods using consumer grade hard drives:

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/best-hard-drive/

H.

This is an extremely useful review and BURST miners can use this to improve their mining efficiency, by lowering their mining expenses that are a result of failing hard drives.

This link should be put on the BURST website to help miners.
Activity: 539
A couple of things on my mind today.
Plots don't last and it is really difficult to keep replacing corrupted ones let alone find it. Jminer at least that one did tell you however Blagos is what I use right now and needs to tell you. Corrupted plots might be because it is a usb drive with the internal drives.

What pool is charging for a how-to guide? Goto https://cynin.burst-team.us:446/home/public/how-tos

Yes at least Crowetics and others is free thankyou.

Yep.

H.

Yes awesome thankyou.... It was an external  5TB Seagate USB hard drive on a usb 2.0 port going up against a WD 2TB  and 1TB Seagate internal drive
( just saw post 1-5 above hard drive tests)

Seagate have a horrible reputation, I'fve had three die under normal operation - not mining on them - mining may have accelerated your drive's death, but it was terminal to begin with ... ;-)

H.

Drawing conclusions based - or perhaps exemplified? - by your own experience of HDDs, seems like a statistical nightmare, dear H, even if one happens to be right.

Here's same data:
Three-year, 27,000 drive study reveals the most reliable hard drive makers

Hard Drive Failure Rate Hitachi Vs Western Digital Vs Seagate Comparison

You also have the HDD dedicated http://www.storagereview.com

My own experience is one thing, the BackBlaze study of hard drives is another. They Do extreme capacity drive pods using consumer grade hard drives:

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/best-hard-drive/

H.
We are 70% ready towards paying the first dividends, it takes longer than expected but better late than never.

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/ann-income-asset-decentralized-referral-empire-based-income.839/page-5#post-6211

We made 1 sale in the shop:   11342RbXCbpiPjxnpoie6mwBnjCvFpBRTi

But we need 1 more to start the NXT branch of INCOME, so if anybody wants to buy some items, be my guest:

https://www.btcdlc.com/shop/earnbitcoinguide
Activity: 12
Just adding to above - For me is not the brand too important. I generally go with the cheapest one, if I have decent back-solutions and there are no problem to RMA. With Seagate, the RMA has never been a problem.
Jump to: