Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 329. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 619
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
I've got a little problem when I try to plot. I followed the crowetic's guide and when I set 75% of my memory (the total is 8192 MB so 75% is 6144 Mb), it says me not 6144 MB of memory used but 15XX MB of memory used (I forgot the XX number but it isn't very import, you can see that it isn't the same number). To hit the 6144 MB of memory used, I need to put a number close to 18000. What's the problem ? Can you help me ?

The memory size when ploting is expressed in nonces (256KB) not MB. So to get 6144MB, you need to multiply by 4 - so use 24,576 instead. And I'd normally aim for closer to 50% rather than 75%

H.

Thank you ! And what's the utility of this memory ?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Activity: 619
Did burstbank pay today?
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
-[http://burst.ninja POOL UPDATE ANN]-

-We believe we have fixed all issues! The pool should be 100% stable and error free now!!! (crowd cheers!)

-We implemented a "miner detector" that will tell you which miner the miner is running, right now it picks up who is using blago's miner. We will add more later!

Thank you!

check it out! http://burst.ninja

**new UI coming soon Wink**

ALSO

Just to let everyone know. You can watch the miners with the name "BURSTCITY" (with a number, i.e. BURSTCITY1) to see the miners that are mining for the ByteEnt asset currently. Those will be mining for ByteEnt asset until we launch our ByteCloud service, then they will mine partially for that and partially for ByteEnt.

Thanks!

Can you give a key for which miner each word relates to? The Blago miners are obvious with version number, but does poolmining refer to dcct's miner or a different one? A key would prevent future questions similar to this one.

Currently the only miner that is noticed is Blago, we will add functionality for other miners soon.

edit- actually, it looks like cat already added uray and java miners too.
Activity: 539
I've got a little problem when I try to plot. I followed the crowetic's guide and when I set 75% of my memory (the total is 8192 MB so 75% is 6144 Mb), it says me not 6144 MB of memory used but 15XX MB of memory used (I forgot the XX number but it isn't very import, you can see that it isn't the same number). To hit the 6144 MB of memory used, I need to put a number close to 18000. What's the problem ? Can you help me ?

The memory size when ploting is expressed in nonces (256KB) not MB. So to get 6144MB, you need to multiply by 4 - so use 24,576 instead. And I'd normally aim for closer to 50% rather than 75%

H.
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
On blago's miner, what's the ss and rs number in the bottom of the cmd ? The number of shares ?
sdl - sent deadlines
rdl - recieved confirms deadlines
ss - sent getMiningInfo to server
rs - recieved getMiningInfo from server
(0) - errors
after 999 counters sets to 0

So if I've 0 sdl/rdl , I mined nothing ?
Or nothing better than pool`s target deadline.
legendary
On blago's miner, what's the ss and rs number in the bottom of the cmd ? The number of shares ?
sdl - sent deadlines
(0) - errors

So if I've 0 sdl/rdl , I mined nothing ?
Activity: 280
I have a question about Flow chart of the process. Why plot chunk (scoop) is 32-bytes in size? Isn`t it 64?

I think that the scoop is 32-bytes, but for the deadline calculation it used 2 scoops (64-bytes), the calculated and the next one.

tex81 is correct. it should say 64 bytes
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
hi burst bank.

Can you update the pie chart on http://burstbank.com/index.php with wallets number?

for example:

BurstBank: 18.1%
Coins: 125290311
Wallets: 12345

many thanks!!!

have a nice day!
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
I have a question about Flow chart of the process. Why plot chunk (scoop) is 32-bytes in size? Isn`t it 64?

I think that the scoop is 32-bytes, but for the deadline calculation it used 2 scoops (64-bytes), the calculated and the next one.

sdl - sent deadlines
(0) - errors
{
    "Mode": "pool",
    "Server": "burst.ninja",
    "Port": 80 8124,
    "SendBestOnly": true,
    "SendInterval": 200,
    "TargetDeadline": 3000000 3888000,
    "UseFastRcv": false,
    "UpdaterAddr": "burst.ninja",
    "UpdaterPort": 80 8124,
    "UpdateInterval": 2000,
    "ShowWinner": true,
    "InfoAddr": "burst.ninja" "127.0.0.1",  (or some other public wallet)
    "InfoPort": 8125,
    "EnableProxy": false,
    "ProxyPort": 8126,
    "Paths": [
        "F:\\plots\\optimized",
        "H:\\plots\\optimized",
        "I:\\plots\\optimized",
        "Z:\\plots\\optimized"
    ],
    "SkipBadPlots": false,
    "CacheSize": 100000,
    "UseSorting": true,
    "UseCleanMem": true,
    "Debug": true,
    "UseLog": true,
    "ShowMsg": false,
    "ShowUpdates": false
}

Current max deadline at burst.ninja is 3888000, also I'd prefer it if all API-like calls were done via port 8124 rather than port 80. I'm trying to slowly segregate UI/web to port 80 and mining to port 8124. Also please use your own local wallet or some other public wallet for InfoAddr.

Just a heads-up to let people know the port for mining is 8124 (not 8125 or 80) and port 80 is really for UI/webpage stats.
Also, I'd like to remove public access to the pool's wallet in the near future so change your InfoAddr appropriately too please!

"Server": "burst.ninja".
If the miners will use "InfoAddr": "127.0.0.1" instead of "burst.ninja", sometimes will display incorrect information about Winner (or "no info yet"). This will be the case at the forks in the pool and local wallet...
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I see that crowetic uses poolmining for a miner . . .

Possible bank idea (Sorry to make it so lengthy):
One major issue with a Burst bank is trusting the third party and determining the source of income for the interest because there are no loans by the bank.  It has been proposed that there are CD equivalent accounts where penalties for withdrawing early are used toward the interest rate.

My addition would be to use a pool as a bank.  A portion of the pool fee(slightly higher than normal fee to give a decent interest rate) would go toward interest and the normal rewards from mining would be diverted as deposits to an account owned by the trusted pool owner.  The length of the CD would be randomly chosen between a set amount of time to prevent mass withdrawals at once.  The penalty on withdrawals could scale down based on the time remaining in such a way that the penalty is 0% after 90% of the contract.  When the contract reaches completion, it would be automatically renewed for another randomly chosen amount of time (6-8 months?).  If someone decides to take a penalty and withdraw early, the additional funds would go toward a higher interest rate for that period. 

The trick part is securing the bank.  As catbref has already mentioned, removing public access to the wallet would help.  Even better, the funds should be sent to a separate account with a 2048+ character passphrase. Withdrawals are also difficult and I am sure could be done with smart contracts.  For security reasons, I think it would be better for the pool owner to make payouts manually.  The random interval on contract length would hopefully limit this number to about 10 per day.  Requests for payment could be made by PM on this forum, sending a message on the blockchain, or some other way.

Possible addition:
Owners with large amounts of BURST and almost no mining equipment could deposit money into the bank to earn interest.  This would take money away from the pool fee of legitimate miners, but it would encourage the whales (refers to size of wallet, not belt size) to keep their money longer for the interest.  In most cases, someone who bought a bunch of BURST without mining probably plans to do a mass dump in the future unless they have a reason to grow that amount (similar to POS with penalties or POSp?).  Potentially, the more BURST in the bank, the longer the contract length at the same interest rate.  This would force the whales to take a large penalty for mass dumping or grit their teeth with minor market fluctuations. 

As we have learned with any hacked exchange or accounts with large sums of money, security is the biggest concern.  It might even be necessary for the pool owner to have a separate account for every X (say 10) account holders or X% of total to reduce the security risk.  If one wallet is compromised, the attacker would not get as much and the funds could be covered by the pool owner. 

If someone picks up this idea, it would be nice if they gave me a small portion of their pool fee, but unfortunately not a requirement. 
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
{
    "Mode": "pool",
    "Server": "burst.ninja",
    "Port": 80 8124,
    "SendBestOnly": true,
    "SendInterval": 200,
    "TargetDeadline": 3000000 3888000,
    "UseFastRcv": false,
    "UpdaterAddr": "burst.ninja",
    "UpdaterPort": 80 8124,
    "UpdateInterval": 2000,
    "ShowWinner": true,
    "InfoAddr": "burst.ninja" "127.0.0.1",  (or some other public wallet)
    "InfoPort": 8125,
    "EnableProxy": false,
    "ProxyPort": 8126,
    "Paths": [
        "F:\\plots\\optimized",
        "H:\\plots\\optimized",
        "I:\\plots\\optimized",
        "Z:\\plots\\optimized"
    ],
    "SkipBadPlots": false,
    "CacheSize": 100000,
    "UseSorting": true,
    "UseCleanMem": true,
    "Debug": true,
    "UseLog": true,
    "ShowMsg": false,
    "ShowUpdates": false
}

Current max deadline at burst.ninja is 3888000, also I'd prefer it if all API-like calls were done via port 8124 rather than port 80. I'm trying to slowly segregate UI/web to port 80 and mining to port 8124. Also please use your own local wallet or some other public wallet for InfoAddr.

Just a heads-up to let people know the port for mining is 8124 (not 8125 or 80) and port 80 is really for UI/webpage stats.
Also, I'd like to remove public access to the pool's wallet in the near future so change your InfoAddr appropriately too please!
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Can you give a key for which miner each word relates to? The Blago miners are obvious with version number, but does poolmining refer to dcct's miner or a different one? A key would prevent future questions similar to this one.

"poolmining" is some miner that uses "pool-mining" as the secretPhrase when it submits nonces - I've not yet worked out which miner that is!

I've suggested adding HTTP headers to nonce submissions like:

X-Miner: Blago v1.150328
(format should be obvious here)

X-Capacity: 13000
(integer GB)

So the whole request might look like:

Code:
POST /burst?requestType=submitNonce&accountId=XXXX&nonce=YYYY&deadline=ZZZZZZ HTTP/1.0
X-Miner: Blago 1.150328
X-Capacity: 13000
Connection: close

Activity: 257
Merit: 255
Just want to bring this up again.

We will decrease reward down to 0.5% tomorrow

Dmitry, thank you very much for your generous donation, AGAIN.

But there are still 34 % (233 M) of Burst parked on the exchanges, so I am not sure you're getting what you aimed for.
I hope you are not going to p&d the markets (as you may own half the parked coins)..

But I have seen that there's nearly zero activity with the (mining) assets, not neccessarily due to your injection.

Opinions ? Where are we heading ?

Some amount of Burstcoins was removed from exchanges, may be 10.000.000 - 20.000.000 directly to our member wallets.
Also we can see that Burst price start some climbing. Not sure because of BurstBank or not.
It is a long term project, so lets wait a bit more, may be several weeks or months, then we could see some results i think. Smiley
Now we got near 100.000.000 Bursts involved, tomorrow we will decrease reward again, down to 0.3%, and will slowly downgrade it more, proportionally total amount increasing.

I appreciate this activity, but is possible to run it in long term? The involved wallets can be dumped imidiately.
Woudnt be better some AT script holding the BURST and releasing them slowly after some time? E.g 5% each month.

Each user would have own smart contract:
I send amount of X BURST to the script address
Burst Bank send e.g. 2% of X to the script address
after 7 days the script checks if there is X+(X/100*2) BURST
If not - it means, no interest from the BurstBank - X Burst is sent back to me
If yes - it will wait 10800 blocks (30 days) and then it will send (X+X/100*2) / 20  -  it will take 20 months to get the burst back.

I was also thinking about holding the burst for the whole year, but when releasing it at once will cause dumping the price in the future.

I modified the crowdfund AT, to expect 1,050,000 BURST after 4 day after creation. 1,000,000 will be provided by the owner ow the script. 5% will be provided by anyone who wants to block the amount for the next year.

When the target is not met, BURSTs will be sent back (same as in crowdfund)
If the amount will be greater or equal it starts sending BURST to the owner of the script. 1/12 each 30 days (10800 blocks).
It can be modified by adding delay before first sending (optional $blocks_before_first_repayment)

DISCLAIMER: Its my first script, so take it only as proof of concept. Can someone who understands ATs check it for mistakes? Thanks :-)

Code:
SET @months #0000000000000012
SET @interest_decision #0000000000001440
SET @month_in_blocks #0000000000010800
SET @target_amount #0105000000000000

FUN @block_height get_Block_Timestamp
SLP $interest_decision
FUN @amount get_Current_Balance
BGE $amount $target_amount :repayment
FUN @timestamp get_Creation_Timestamp

refund_loop:
FUN A_to_Tx_after_Timestamp $timestamp
FUN @tx_info check_A_Is_Zero
BZR $tx_info :end_loop
FUN @tx_amount get_Amount_for_Tx_in_A
FUN @timestamp get_Timestamp_for_Tx_in_A
FUN B_to_Address_of_Tx_in_A
FUN send_to_Address_in_B $tx_amount
JMP :refund_loop

repayment:
FUN @monthly_payout get_Current_Balance
DIV @monthly_payout $months
FUN B_to_Address_of_Creator
(SLP $blocks_before_first_repayment)

repayment_loop:
SLP $month_in_blocks
FUN @current_ammount get_Current_Balance
BGE $monthly_payout $current_ammount :end_loop
FUN set_A1 $current_ammount
FUN send_A_to_Address_in_B
FUN @timestamp get_Last_Block_Timestamp
JMP :repayment_loop

end_loop:
FUN A_to_Tx_after_Timestamp $timestamp
FUN @tx_info check_A_Is_Zero
BZR $tx_info :end_loop
FUN @timestamp get_Timestamp_for_Tx_in_A
FUN B_to_Address_of_Creator
FUN send_All_to_Address_in_B
JMP :end_loop

Any updates on 'Decentralized Bank' AT? 

Also, if someone wants or needs to withdraw funds early they should be allowed to, just charge a fee proportional to the size of the "CD"  The fee could be kept by the bank as profits, or whatever.
Decentralized Bank dont need any profits, those fees from early withdrawed funds may be distrubuted to more patient members! Smiley
In this case, Bank can be able to successfully operate even without any sponsors!
Unpatient dumpers will lost, for example, 20%, that will go to more patient holders.
It will be much stronger motivate to hold coins, that currently BurstBank.com

So this Decentralized Bank (if will got many amounts and members involved), will prevent dumps at all and will smooth volatility!
That is a very important problem of cryptocurrencies, in cause of solved - Burstcoin can be able to get amazing attention and rise very high!

If it will be created, i can sponsorship start balance for percentages, and also will put a big part of my Burst as a member.

Totally agree that would be awesome!
Btw. thanks sooo much for the daily interest, i will keep my gentlemen's agreement to hold :-)
legendary
Jump to: