Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Checkcoin] Explore the world using Checkcoin [PR PHASE] - page 32. (Read 237657 times)

legendary
Activity: 2453
Merit: 1025
Energy coin master

Best wishes for CKC team!
Year 2015 is the year of GEO-Crypto applications!
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
Double your Checkcoins with CryptoDouble in 100 Hours!

http://cryptodouble.com/?ref=rlB6E

Carefull with this link and service. Use at your own risk. - Unverified.

"Cryptodouble(.com) Have the proud distinction to be the first proven scam to accept #paycoin Sad isn't it. Let's nail them."

https://twitter.com/Badbitcoinorg/status/546421066298826752

You can also inform yourself and learn about some risks in crypto's and finance here: http://www.badbitcoin.org/
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Thanks for the update @BTCat!  Smiley
Looks like we got some movement on Bittrex with some very decent volume, good thing I managed to buy a bunch of CKC yesterday while it was under 1k sat.
Also, can't wait to start winning some contests  Grin
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
GET IN BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE, CHO CHO CHO, THE TRAIN IS LEAVING THE STATION
Activity: 434
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."
Sounds good, Thank you for the update. Looking forward to updates coming more often  Wink
Activity: 425
Update Checkcoin developments from Bitsend.

The past few weeks the Checkcoin team has been working on many things. Developments are going very well. Below I will highlight some the main subjects. Ofcourse much more has been done behind the scenes, results from that will be included in the weekly updates that will be posted, starting from next week on every Wednesday. That will hopefully relieve some stress that comes from a period of having no news. This worry really is not necesary, enough things ARE developing and are also newsworthy to post, it's just a matter of communication. Let's do it.

Bitsend is in search for a skilled designer for the Checkcoin mobile wallet (iOs/Android). They have taken a lot of time for this because they only want the best, someone that fits the budget but who also can make a high standard product that is perfected in the small details. For this they are in conversation with at least 3 companies in The Netherlands, Flitsmeister as advisor, Fourdigits and Dezzign for the designing. More news about this in future updates.

The team has been giving presentations to several interested companies and institutes with the goal to receive investments in future development stages of Checkcoin. This they want because it may be possible to increase the possibilities and functionalities of Checkcoin substantially and on top of the software that is currently being developed. Such enhancements will cost a lot of extra funds and are only possible to develop with the help of investors. The release of the first CKC GPS-enabled wallet is not affected whether they succeed in this or not, the team is looking way further into the future and developments won't just stop after the first release. At least they don't want to. A creative mind could think of hundreds of applications that could be build around the Checkcoin system and Bitsend is willing to explore these opportunities.     

In the first few months after Checkcoin was launched some concerns were raised about GPS-spoofing where a user creates a GPS signal without actually being physically on the location. Bitsend is in talks with several GPS/GPRS developers about the security of the Checkcoin network. To use Checkcoin GPS system, users will need to have a smartphone or device with Assisted_GPS. This system is verifying the real location of users using cell tower data. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GPS) This way it will be impossible for users to fake a location and grab the offered coins from faucets from behind their computer elsewhere. This is extremely important and for Bitsend the challenge is in finding the right people to implement the system in the app. More news about this in future updates as well.

Last but not least for now:
The guys from Bitsend will donate 50,000 of their own Checkcoins for community events and bounties. Soon community members will be able to earn CKC's either by simple tasks or by winning contests. I will make a public ledger for spendings per campaign on the CKC forum. If you have ideas for a bountycampaign or have a task that needs to be done for Checkcoin, welcome to contact me (BTCat). I will donate 10,000 CKC myself seperately for small costs that I make on the way, I might need to hire some help once awhile. Stay tuned for more updates about these bounties in the coming week. 

Thanks everyone for your continued support.

On behalf of Bitsend/ Checkcoin devteam,

BTCat
(community manager)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, LET'S GO BABY
legendary
Update Checkcoin developments from Bitsend.

The past few weeks the Checkcoin team has been working on many things. Developments are going very well. Below I will highlight some the main subjects. Ofcourse much more has been done behind the scenes, results from that will be included in the weekly updates that will be posted, starting from next week on every Wednesday. That will hopefully relieve some stress that comes from a period of having no news. This worry really is not necesary, enough things ARE developing and are also newsworthy to post, it's just a matter of communication. Let's do it.

Bitsend is in search for a skilled designer for the Checkcoin mobile wallet (iOs/Android). They have taken a lot of time for this because they only want the best, someone that fits the budget but who also can make a high standard product that is perfected in the small details. For this they are in conversation with at least 3 companies in The Netherlands, Flitsmeister as advisor, Fourdigits and Dezzign for the designing. More news about this in future updates.

The team has been giving presentations to several interested companies and institutes with the goal to receive investments in future development stages of Checkcoin. This they want because it may be possible to increase the possibilities and functionalities of Checkcoin substantially and on top of the software that is currently being developed. Such enhancements will cost a lot of extra funds and are only possible to develop with the help of investors. The release of the first CKC GPS-enabled wallet is not affected whether they succeed in this or not, the team is looking way further into the future and developments won't just stop after the first release. At least they don't want to. A creative mind could think of hundreds of applications that could be build around the Checkcoin system and Bitsend is willing to explore these opportunities.     

In the first few months after Checkcoin was launched some concerns were raised about GPS-spoofing where a user creates a GPS signal without actually being physically on the location. Bitsend is in talks with several GPS/GPRS developers about the security of the Checkcoin network. To use Checkcoin GPS system, users will need to have a smartphone or device with Assisted_GPS. This system is verifying the real location of users using cell tower data. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assisted_GPS) This way it will be impossible for users to fake a location and grab the offered coins from faucets from behind their computer elsewhere. This is extremely important and for Bitsend the challenge is in finding the right people to implement the system in the app. More news about this in future updates as well.

Last but not least for now:
The guys from Bitsend will donate 50,000 of their own Checkcoins for community events and bounties. Soon community members will be able to earn CKC's either by simple tasks or by winning contests. I will make a public ledger for spendings per campaign on the CKC forum. If you have ideas for a bountycampaign or have a task that needs to be done for Checkcoin, welcome to contact me (BTCat). I will donate 10,000 CKC myself seperately for small costs that I make on the way, I might need to hire some help once awhile. Stay tuned for more updates about these bounties in the coming week. 

Thanks everyone for your continued support.

On behalf of Bitsend/ Checkcoin devteam,

BTCat
(community manager)
I hope so to lol we could really use some good news.  Wink
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
issue is solved after sending 300Mh ! resolution time 1mn  Wink
+1 my wallet synced up again. Waxo, big thumbs up, great support Thanks! Cheesy

"blocks" : 123425,
"networkhashps" : 861343134,

@BTCat Re-tweeted  Smiley
Thanks!

...  BTCat will tell us more? Come on now i'm sure yall can give us more news than that.
This is the plan yes. Bitsend has agreed to provide weekly updates for me to post here, on Twitter, the CKC forum and Tumblr. This should be in effect starting coming week, I'm expecting a large update on Tuesday.

HOPE THE SEE THE UPDATE WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR  Grin Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 952
Cheap to buy again  Smiley
legendary
issue is solved after sending 300Mh ! resolution time 1mn  Wink
+1 my wallet synced up again. Waxo, big thumbs up, great support Thanks! Cheesy

"blocks" : 123425,
"networkhashps" : 861343134,

@BTCat Re-tweeted  Smiley
Thanks!

...  BTCat will tell us more? Come on now i'm sure yall can give us more news than that.
This is the plan yes. Bitsend has agreed to provide weekly updates for me to post here, on Twitter, the CKC forum and Tumblr. This should be in effect starting coming week, I'm expecting a large update on Tuesday.
issue is solved after sending 300Mh ! resolution time 1mn  Wink
My frustration with ckc is the lack of communication from the dev team. Last update was what we traveled, did some thinking and BTCat will tell us more? Come on now i'm sure yall can give us more news than that.

why the devteam dont use few satoshi to rent a mining rig for a while until the issue is resolved ?

it's cost 0.01854 for 100M/24h .....

I have just rented a 300 Mh for 3 hours, let's see if this hashpower will solve the issue.
My frustration with ckc is the lack of communication from the dev team. Last update was what we traveled, did some thinking and BTCat will tell us more? Come on now i'm sure yall can give us more news than that.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Guys relax, this minor setback is nothing  Smiley I understand how this could be testing your resolve though, you just have to decide how much you believe in the project (not as in believe that the coin will be a success but as in believe that the concept of crypto + geocaching is worthy of your support regardless of whether it fails or succeeds). I believe that people who got in just for profits are starting to back out now and that's fine, nothing wrong with that. It means that those people who are still around are not primarily motivated by money and that's cool. It doesn't matter how long it takes, Checkcoin will definitely move forward. In the meantime, I'm still buying every chance I get  Wink

@BTCat Re-tweeted  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
What needs to be done is promote mining. The total hashrate was swinging between 1,5 Gh/s and a few 10 MH/s. When the big miner(s) left, they leave CKC with high diff. When the block is found, it will be ok again, but more miners have to come in. Promote the mining.

Good idea. RT if you have Twitter: https://twitter.com/Checkcoincc/status/546053755721224192

How's going? Are we gonna unstuck?
legendary
Activity: 1176
where is the dev,..
ckc have serious problem but even the dev do not appear here
legendary
What needs to be done is promote mining. The total hashrate was swinging between 1,5 Gh/s and a few 10 MH/s. When the big miner(s) left, they leave CKC with high diff. When the block is found, it will be ok again, but more miners have to come in. Promote the mining.

Good idea. RT if you have Twitter: https://twitter.com/Checkcoincc/status/546053755721224192
legendary
Activity: 952
legendary

Of course they can but they don't want to do it. 42 hours already, they have not even replied to the thread, it's fishy.  Roll Eyes

.... we (Bitsend) have decided to assign one of our active community members to the role community manager.

BTCat will focus on keeping our bitcointalk forum up to date, moderating the Checkcoin community forums and staying active on other social channels.

BitSend

They have replied because I've posted on behalf of Bitsend. Below is part of the issue as they described it:

"We have just looked on the block explorer. It seems that the blocks for that last block are found very quickly in succession (multipole similar) and KGW therefore the difficulty is quite screwed up. The result is a difficulty that is 'too high' (making the multipole leave)."

"Sooner or later this block is found, optionally we can accelerate this by adding some hashing power."

So first the multipool joins and increases the difficulty with a lot of hash, but when difficulty get's too high for his taste he leaves the network and the smaller miners are left with a tough block to solve. Not a very ethical way to mine really but not everyone cares about this.
Pages:
Jump to: