Author

Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin" - page 494. (Read 1150746 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002
CLAM Developer
Will send you a PR for the .icn file to replace BC graphic with CLAM.
Awesomeness!!
I'm sure you can understand how important security is when it comes to compiled binary files, especially a crypto like CLAMS.
As soon as our primary tech guy comes around, we will have to have a chat.
I wasn't clear. The PR is for just a clams-rebranded OS X .icns resource file to replace the existing Blackcoin one for when you compile the app.
Cheers,
Graham
Hardly familiar with OSX at all, to be honest.
Which is why I should hold my tongue until the brainy ones of the operation are about Tongue

That is help none-the-less and appreciated Grin
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

Awesomeness!!
I'm sure you can understand how important security is when it comes to compiled binary files, especially a crypto like CLAMS.

I wasn't clear. The PR is for just a clams-rebranded OS X .icns resource file to replace the existing Blackcoin one for when you compile the app.

Cheers,

Graham

CLAM Developer
Interresting, but should wait for the MAC OSX client Cry
Have no fear, the OSX Client will be here very soon  Wink
I hope so, really love the idea behind your coin, want to take part.
Thanks so much Grin
Will put a rush on it for you Grin
Got one working here on OS X 10.6.
I was able to run ./Clam.app --salvagewallet successfully in a terminal window. All working fine so far, staking successfully.
Cheers,
Graham

Awesomeness!!

Thanks for being pro-active tho!!  Grin Grin Cheesy
legendary

Thanks so much Grin

Got one working here on OS X 10.6.

I was able to run ./Clam.app --salvagewallet successfully in a terminal window. All working fine so far, staking successfully.

Cheers,

Graham
CLAM Developer

Thanks so much Grin

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

CLAM Developer
It is interesting ,
But how many coins can i get once?
 Huh

That entirely depends.

Any BTC, LTC, or DOGE address that you control, that had a balance when the chain was scraped, should have been given a ~4.6 CLAM share.

So, anywhere from 0 to ~30 CLAMS would likely be average?

^^^ Just a guess, as there is no way to tell which addresses belong to which wallets.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
It is interesting ,
But how many coins can i get once?

Huh
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
Trying to do the math on the Proof-Of-Chain distribution.
CLAMS has a total POSSIBLE distribution of 15 Million.
I think that is not taking everything into consideration, however.
Actual Total Distribution = Total Possible - Lost BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys - Destroyed BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys - Un-Redeemed BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys
The question is, what does that mean?
I would expect the total distribution of CLAMS to be EXREMELY LESS than 15 Million at any given time.  In order to get to the full 15 Million possible distribution it would have to be one of if not THE world's leading crypto-currency.
Mining inflation normally destroys coins.
For every coin created by mining, there must be an equal in-flow of dollars of demand.  If there isn't then the value of the coin drops.
With CLAMS, there is no mining and only 1% Proof-Of-Stake.
So each unit of demand should only be counter-acted by new users who redeem their CLAMS.  And, new users who redeem their CLAMS are in and of themselves a source of demand.
If you add to that equation the kHashier.com multi-pool, which has been stacking BTC while waiting for the markets to adopt and have a stable market for CLAMS.....
I still think those who dump their CLAMS immediately after redeeming, or those who don't keep an eye on this one will deeply regret it.
I don't see a single negative when the economics are considered.
Just my two-cents.
^^ We think all of those assumptions are reasonable.
We designed CLAMS with the idea that inflation cause by claiming CLAMS would correlate to and be counter-balanced with an increase in demand.
The idea was to create stability, instead of the extreme mining pump and dump inflation cycle.
You seem intelligent, and we are glad you agree Grin
I don't know much about economics, I'm more of a tech guy myself.. but I suspect because of the way clams were distributed the total clam distribution will trend with the total users. aka The more people that claim their Clams the more clams there will but the more demand there would be also which would possible lead to a constantly rare coin.
Should be very interesting to see this progress.

I think people will look back on these posts in some months and wonder how the hell they missed it.  Maybe not.  But with all the billion coin supply cryptos, it is rare to see one that makes economic and adoption sense.

More Users = More Coins.

So simple, yet it makes so much sense.

If this one ever catches fire, watch out world.
Activity: 304
Merit: 252
CLAM Dev
I don't know much about economics, I'm more of a tech guy myself.. but I suspect because of the way clams were distributed the total clam distribution will trend with the total users. aka The more people that claim their Clams the more clams there will but the more demand there would be also which would possible lead to a constantly rare coin.

Should be very interesting to see this progress.
CLAM Developer
Actual Total Distribution = Total Possible - Lost BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys - Destroyed BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys - Un-Redeemed BTC/LTC/DOGE privateKeys
I would expect the total distribution of CLAMS to be EXREMELY LESS than 15 Million at any given time.  In order to get to the full 15 Million possible distribution it would have to be one of if not THE world's leading crypto-currency.
For every coin created by mining, there must be an equal in-flow of dollars of demand.  If there isn't then the value of the coin drops.
So each unit of demand should only be counter-acted by new users who redeem their CLAMS.  And, new users who redeem their CLAMS are in and of themselves a source of demand.
If you add to that equation the kHashier.com multi-pool, which has been stacking BTC while waiting for the markets to adopt and have a stable market for CLAMS.....
I still think those who dump their CLAMS immediately after redeeming, or those who don't keep an eye on this one will deeply regret it.
Just my two-cents.

^^ We think all of those assumptions are reasonable.

We designed CLAMS with the idea that inflation cause by claiming CLAMS would correlate to and be counter-balanced with an increase in demand.

The idea was to create stability, instead of the extreme mining pump and dump inflation cycle.

You seem intelligent, and we are glad you agree Grin
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin

Just my two-cents.
CLAM Developer

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
CLAM Developer
Interesting.
I'd like to join in!
all the Btc address will receive coins?
I'll have a try! Roll Eyes

Indeed Smiley  All BTC addresses with a balance received CLAMS Grin
Activity: 308

Hi,

I'm running the site www.crypto-coins-table.com

- 646 coins indexed so far (28th May 2014)
- providing detailed charts on pricing and volume
- capitalisation listing
- top and flop coins
- many filters to analyse

personalized features
- create individual watchlists
- track your coins value and compare

I have listed your coin already. To provide the full information
on your coin for all users, please use the update function.

thanks

contact us, if you would like to support or advertise on crypto-coins-table.com

CLAM Developer
Code:
1. Download the CLAM Client, below.
2. Find the location of your BTC, LTC, or DOGE wallet.dat file.
3. This is usually the folder: "C:/Users//AppData/Roaming//"
4. You may have to enable "Show Hidden Files And Folders" to see this folder.
5. Replace with your Windows account username.
6. Replace with either Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin.
7. Inside of that folder you will find the WALLET.DAT file that holds the private keys for your wallet.
8. Make a copy of this file and place it in your "C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Clam/" folder.
9. Run the CLAM Client with the commandline argument --salvagewallet (Note the double --).
10. You should see your Clams.
   Can  someone make images tutorial for this  Cry

That is definitely toward the top of our list "to-do" Grin

Ah, I think I get it - thanks.
Just to check my understanding, am I correct in surmising that there's a bonanza of CLAMs heading out to those people who actually followed the recommendations?
"as a common measure of security and privacy, it is ALWAYS recommended that users use a different receive address for each payment they receive."
If so, good for them.
Yes and no.  If they left coins in those addresses, and still had them when CLAM did their blockchain dumps, then yes.  I use a unique receiving address for everything, but then bundle the coins into other addresses on occasion, so in my case I don't have coins in all the receiving addresses, and wouldn't get CLAMs for those (but I would get 4clam for each "bundle" address that still has coins).

I think that sounds pretty accurate phzi.  Those who use unique receive addresses, as recommended for basic privacy, are likely to get more CLAMS - unless they gather those outputs like you've mentioned, or send funds out, which gathers them in the background.

The good news is; the basic Client tends to attempt to make sends that are "small" and include less individual outputs. 
This is because the "larger" a transaction is the more it costs in transaction fees to send.
legendary
If they left coins in those addresses

sound of penny dropping

Thanks.

Cheers,

Graham
Activity: 173
zjz_lgd
Interesting.
I'd like to join in!
all the Btc address will receive coins?
I'll have a try! Roll Eyes
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Ah, I think I get it - thanks.

Just to check my understanding, am I correct in surmising that there's a bonanza of CLAMs heading out to those people who actually followed the recommendations?

"as a common measure of security and privacy, it is ALWAYS recommended that users use a different receive address for each payment they receive."

If so, good for them.
Yes and no.  If they left coins in those addresses, and still had them when CLAM did their blockchain dumps, then yes.  I use a unique receiving address for everything, but then bundle the coins into other addresses on occasion, so in my case I don't have coins in all the receiving addresses, and wouldn't get CLAMs for those (but I would get 4clam for each "bundle" address that still has coins).
Jump to: