Author

Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin" - page 495. (Read 1150746 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

Concerning the 4 separate credits:

The block chain does not (thankfully) store information connecting multiple addresses within the same wallet.  Evidentally, there were 4 separate outputs on the DOGE block chain to 4 separate addresses in your wallet -> thus 4 separate credits!

Ah, I think I get it - thanks.

Just to check my understanding, am I correct in surmising that there's a bonanza of CLAMs heading out to those people who actually followed the recommendations?

"as a common measure of security and privacy, it is ALWAYS recommended that users use a different receive address for each payment they receive."

If so, good for them.

Cheers,

Graham
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
Code:
1. Download the CLAM Client, below.
2. Find the location of your BTC, LTC, or DOGE wallet.dat file.
3. This is usually the folder: "C:/Users//AppData/Roaming//"
4. You may have to enable "Show Hidden Files And Folders" to see this folder.
5. Replace with your Windows account username.
6. Replace with either Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin.
7. Inside of that folder you will find the WALLET.DAT file that holds the private keys for your wallet.
8. Make a copy of this file and place it in your "C:/Users//AppData/Roaming/Clam/" folder.
9. Run the CLAM Client with the commandline argument --salvagewallet (Note the double --).
10. You should see your Clams.
   Can  someone make images tutorial for this  Cry
Activity: 784
Merit: 1002
CLAM Developer
If you do want them, well.... then: Your Welcome Smiley

Your -> You're

You're apparently contradicting yourself ...
Your instructions in the OP:
9. Run the CLAM Client with the commandline argument -salvagewallet.
8. Run the CLAM Client from the command line adding the -salvagewallet argument.
And from a subsequent response of yours:
run the CLAM Client with --salvagewallet.  The double -- is important.

HTH.
Cheers,
Graham

Thank you very much for the corrections.
Indeed, the command line mistake was a very important one!

Think the OP post should be correct now, and reflect the changes.

Anybody had successfully received some CLAMs?
Yes. After reading through the instructions and subsequent confirmatory posts, I decided to take the direct route.
I have standard linux wallets for BTC, LTC and DOGE.
BTC and LTC wallets are empty, never seen any transactions so neither are due to receive CLAMs because the addresses have never been recorded in the bitcoin blockchain as part of a transaction.
But all is not lost, I am a (lapsed) Shibe and my DOGE wallet address has at some time in the past been recorded in the Dogecoin blockchain as part of a transaction (when I acquired the DOGE and when I credited the tipbot's address).
Code:
$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS \n \l
$ cd /tmp
$ git clone https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams
$ cd clams
$ qmake-qt4                                              # Qt5 menubar icons and ubuntu unity don't place nice.
$ make -j4                                               # entry-level core i3 (Sandybridge) Acer laptop
                                                         # I ignored several compiler warnings about an unchecked
                                                         # return type, might hack up a PR later.
$ ./clam-qt -printtoconsole -debug
^C
$ cp ~/Documents/BackupWallets/dogecoin-unsecured-backup-wallet-00.dat ~/.clam/wallet.dat
$ ./clam-qt
Works for me, better than expected, I got 4 separate credits of 4.60545574 CLAM.
Why 4 credits, I wonder?
And it's successfully staking, a transaction just showed up in the wallet, itemised as "Mined", totalling 0.00136895.
The overview states I have 13.8-odd CLAM to spend and I am staking 4.6-odd CLAM

Date: 27/05/2014 16:55
Source: Generated
Debit: 0.00 CLAM
Net amount: -4.60545574 CLAM
Transaction ID: 1e605b6726a3682ac739dfe8f2fa96e9479b7271d2da484a40946a9dc62a2da5
Generated coins must mature 510 blocks before they can be spent.

(I shuffled the transaction hash id before posting)
Congratulations on what's beginning to look like a solid implementation of a really well-considered approach.
Cheers,
Graham

Super happy to hear you've had a good experience with the import process Grin

And a stake right away! 
Likely due to the fact that the coins had been accruing "coinDays"/age since the sends were done.
That effect should only get more powerful as time goes on.
New users will have a great deal of coinDays accrued and hopefully stake quite quickly on the network!

Concerning the 4 separate credits:

The block chain does not (thankfully) store information connecting multiple addresses within the same wallet.  Evidentally, there were 4 separate outputs on the DOGE block chain to 4 separate addresses in your wallet -> thus 4 separate credits!

We did our best to try to formulate rules that would be as fair as possible, alas there is only so much data on the block chain.

Like we've said previously, it isn't perfect: but it includes everyone!
legendary
Anybody had successfully received some CLAMs?

Yes. After reading through the instructions and subsequent confirmatory posts, I decided to take the direct route.

I have standard linux wallets for BTC, LTC and DOGE.

BTC and LTC wallets are empty, never seen any transactions so neither are due to receive CLAMs because the addresses have never been recorded in the bitcoin blockchain as part of a transaction.

But all is not lost, I am a (lapsed) Shibe and my DOGE wallet address has at some time in the past been recorded in the Dogecoin blockchain as part of a transaction (when I acquired the DOGE and when I credited the tipbot's address).

Code:
$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS \n \l
$ cd /tmp
$ git clone https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams
$ cd clams
$ qmake-qt4                                              # Qt5 menubar icons and ubuntu unity don't place nice.
$ make -j4                                               # entry-level core i3 (Sandybridge) Acer laptop
                                                         # I ignored several compiler warnings about an unchecked
                                                         # return type, might hack up a PR later.
$ ./clam-qt -printtoconsole -debug
^C
$ cp ~/Documents/BackupWallets/dogecoin-unsecured-backup-wallet-00.dat ~/.clam/wallet.dat
$ ./clam-qt

Works for me, better than expected, I got 4 separate credits of 4.60545574 CLAM.

Why 4 credits, I wonder?

And it's successfully staking, a transaction just showed up in the wallet, itemised as "Mined", totalling 0.00136895.

The overview states I have 13.8-odd CLAM to spend and I am staking 4.6-odd CLAM

Date: 27/05/2014 16:55
Source: Generated
Debit: 0.00 CLAM
Net amount: -4.60545574 CLAM
Transaction ID: 1e605b6726a3682ac739dfe8f2fa96e9479b7271d2da484a40946a9dc62a2da5

Generated coins must mature 510 blocks before they can be spent.

(I shuffled the transaction hash id before posting)

Congratulations on what's beginning to look like a solid implementation of a really well-considered approach.

Cheers,

Graham
legendary
If you do want them, well.... then: Your Welcome Smiley

Your -> You're

You're apparently contradicting yourself ...

Your instructions in the OP:
9. Run the CLAM Client with the commandline argument -salvagewallet.
8. Run the CLAM Client from the command line adding the -salvagewallet argument.

And from a subsequent response of yours:
run the CLAM Client with --salvagewallet.  The double -- is important.

HTH.

Cheers,

Graham
CLAM Developer
This sounds fun and interesting. However, I was wondering, is there a way to check your clam balance (or the balance you are 'entitled' to)  without importing your wallet.dat first?
A complicated answer:
Yes, and No.
If you understood change addresses (which do NOT show up in the client, and most users don't even know they have them) you could take a look at the CLAMS block chain and see if those addresses have a balance.
However, to make this even more difficult, the first time you start the Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin Client it creates no less than 100 change addresses.
However, to make this even more difficult, every single time you send coins you use up a change address, and your Client periodically creates more change addresses.
However, to make this even more difficult, the addresses in the Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin Client would need to be converted into an address that could be searched on the CLAM Network.  This would require a hand-rolled script.
So, the short answer is, "yes."
The Long answer is, "It is quite difficult."
Ok, I understand it would take a lot of time.
Another question. If I have multiple wallets (say dogecoin and litecoin), is there a way to import multiple wallet.dat files? I tried 'importwallet' but I am getting an error, probably because the wallet.dat is encrypted. Is there a way to import, without first undoing encryption of original wallet, saving unencrypted wallet.dat, and re-encrypting?

Sure, thanks for stopping in Grin

So, the multiple wallets is the more difficult part.

As far as encryption is concerned, we have imported an encrypted wallet, without un-encrypting it.  It is simply STILL an encrypted wallet once it is inside of the CLAM Client, i.e. you need your passphrase to dispose of your CLAMS.

The dumpwallet/importwallet command is a command created by Sipa.  The format it dumps in is NOT the same format as the wallet.dat file.

MultiBit uses the same format when you "Export" your wallet, and the core Bitcoin client uses the same format when you "dumpwallet".
To my knowledge, Litecoin and Dogecoin do NOT have the importwallet/dumpwallet command at all.

AGAIN, ALWAYS HAVE A BACK-UP IN A SAFE PLACE.

To do multiple encrypted wallets, one would have to copy the encrypted wallet.dat file over to the AppData/Clam/ folder, and run the CLAM Client with --salvagewallet.  The double -- is important.  This would have be done for each wallet.

To get all of the coins into a single wallet, the coin would have be sent to an address in a single wallet, after each was imported.

Hope that helps and makes sense!!
Activity: 420
This sounds fun and interesting. However, I was wondering, is there a way to check your clam balance (or the balance you are 'entitled' to)  without importing your wallet.dat first?

A complicated answer:

Yes, and No.

If you understood change addresses (which do NOT show up in the client, and most users don't even know they have them) you could take a look at the CLAMS block chain and see if those addresses have a balance.

However, to make this even more difficult, the first time you start the Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin Client it creates no less than 100 change addresses.

However, to make this even more difficult, every single time you send coins you use up a change address, and your Client periodically creates more change addresses.

However, to make this even more difficult, the addresses in the Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin Client would need to be converted into an address that could be searched on the CLAM Network.  This would require a hand-rolled script.

Ok, I understand it would take a lot of time.

Another question. If I have multiple wallets (say dogecoin and litecoin), is there a way to import multiple wallet.dat files? I tried 'importwallet' but I am getting an error, probably because the wallet.dat is encrypted. Is there a way to import, without first undoing encryption of original wallet, saving unencrypted wallet.dat, and re-encrypting?
CLAM Developer
This sounds fun and interesting. However, I was wondering, is there a way to check your clam balance (or the balance you are 'entitled' to)  without importing your wallet.dat first?

A complicated answer:

Yes, and No.

However, to make this even more difficult, the addresses in the Bitcoin, Litecoin, or Dogecoin Client would need to be converted into an address that could be searched on the CLAM Network.  This would require a hand-rolled script.

This sounds fun and interesting. However, I was wondering, is there a way to check your clam balance (or the balance you are 'entitled' to)  without importing your wallet.dat first?
CLAM Developer
We added a new guide to the main Post for MultiBit!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Please let us know how it works for you!
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
From which date was the data dump? I only have one btc private key from a multibit wallet that held different amounts of btc in the recent past, but unfortunately importing it to the CLAM wallet didnt yield any CLAM, so I guess the data dump was made before I received btc on this address
How did you do this?
first make sure you understand that you shouldnt be exposing a private key to a address that still hold coins, so understand it and dtake the appropriate measures.
on multibit go tools -> export private keys
select "do not password protect" so you can read the keys in plaintext, then export it to a file, read the file in a text editor and copy the private key(s)
on CLAM go to help -> debug window -> console
importprivkey x  (where x is the private key you are importing)
restart clam and launch the wallet with the -salvagewallet argument
Didn't work for me it just keeps saying invalid key, also I don't know how to export the private key from my Android to a readable format so yet again I'm feeling like I won't get the Clams assigned to my addresses Sad

Don't lose hope, friend Smiley

A MultiBit key dump should look something like this:

# KEEP YOUR PRIVATE KEYS SAFE !
# Anyone who can read this file can spend your bitcoin.
#
# Format:
#   [[]]
#
#   The Base58 encoded private keys are the same format as
#   produced by the Satoshi client/ sipa dumpprivkey utility.
#
#   Key createdAt is in UTC format as specified by ISO 8601
#   e.g: 2011-12-31T16:42:00Z . The century, 'T' and 'Z' are mandatory
#
KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX 2014-05-25T14:32:37Z
# End of private keys

If your dump doesn't look similar to that ^^^ Then, you likely need to click "Do not password protect" before you dump.

In that dump above, the privateKey you need to import is this string of characters:

KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX

So the command:

importprivkey KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX

^^ Should do the trick.

As far as the Android wallet, could you please link us directly to the Android wallet your speaking of?
So we can take a look and see if we can find any info for you?

Even if the above fails, don't give-up hope Grin

We intend to keep hammering away at this until we get it simplified and tutorialized.

Keep checking back with us!

Doesn't work, I did exactly what you said and it just says Invalid Private Key, as for the Android wallet I mean the Dogecoin wallet
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Follow @AllAltNews on Twitter and Facebook!
No Twitter or Facebook to help promote?
CLAM Developer
do you  have some plan to develop,dev ?

Let me shoot you straight:

Developers who list 5 dozen development goals, the first of which is "Take over the world", are either silly or liars.

Here is what I CAN tell you about our intentions at the moment:

- We have been working on this project, in one form or another, for quite some time.
What this means:  We don't intend to stop any time soon.  We hadn't anticipated folks having quite this much difficulty with the import process; that much is certain.  I think at the moment the primary goal should be simplifying the import process.  Without a community, CLAMS is just a good idea with a tech-demo.

- Crypto is(should be at least) a decentralized endeavor.
What this means:  We were hoping for some community involvement.  There are millions of people out there with un-redeemed CLAMS.  At least some of these people should have a say in the direction and "path" of future CLAMS development.  First, however, we need to get them here and interested.  I think simplifying the import process, along with attaining more markets for CLAMS should help achieve that goal.  We have had some personal conversations with a couple additional exchanges, and intend to continue these talks as much as possible.  In the end, we really need the help of those who have already started to become involved.  The voices of users can help immensely in securing additional exchanges and markets.

- As a development team, this process should start with a question; NOT an answer.
What this means: What are you folks interested in?  We love tech and interesting ideas.  But, we aren't the all mighty masters of the universe.  Why not start this whole process by asking YOU what YOU want to see in the future of CLAMS Grin
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
do you  have some plan to develop,dev ?
CLAM Developer
From which date was the data dump? I only have one btc private key from a multibit wallet that held different amounts of btc in the recent past, but unfortunately importing it to the CLAM wallet didnt yield any CLAM, so I guess the data dump was made before I received btc on this address
How did you do this?
first make sure you understand that you shouldnt be exposing a private key to a address that still hold coins, so understand it and dtake the appropriate measures.
on multibit go tools -> export private keys
select "do not password protect" so you can read the keys in plaintext, then export it to a file, read the file in a text editor and copy the private key(s)
on CLAM go to help -> debug window -> console
importprivkey x  (where x is the private key you are importing)
restart clam and launch the wallet with the -salvagewallet argument
Didn't work for me it just keeps saying invalid key, also I don't know how to export the private key from my Android to a readable format so yet again I'm feeling like I won't get the Clams assigned to my addresses Sad

Don't lose hope, friend Smiley

A MultiBit key dump should look something like this:

# KEEP YOUR PRIVATE KEYS SAFE !
# Anyone who can read this file can spend your bitcoin.
#
# Format:
#   [[]]
#
#   The Base58 encoded private keys are the same format as
#   produced by the Satoshi client/ sipa dumpprivkey utility.
#
#   Key createdAt is in UTC format as specified by ISO 8601
#   e.g: 2011-12-31T16:42:00Z . The century, 'T' and 'Z' are mandatory
#
KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX 2014-05-25T14:32:37Z
# End of private keys

If your dump doesn't look similar to that ^^^ Then, you likely need to click "Do not password protect" before you dump.

In that dump above, the privateKey you need to import is this string of characters:

KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX

So the command:

importprivkey KwEGbfZzry1ZHbuiPgQet8tCs3Jn2GgPrmK98aia4nfELViS5yPX

^^ Should do the trick.

As far as the Android wallet, could you please link us directly to the Android wallet your speaking of?
So we can take a look and see if we can find any info for you?

Even if the above fails, don't give-up hope Grin

We intend to keep hammering away at this until we get it simplified and tutorialized.

Keep checking back with us!
CLAM Developer
I spent 0.0002 BTC (transaction fee) to send my BTC on multibit, the result I have 4 CLAMs  Grin
the current high bid is 0.00003 BTC/1 CLAM  Huh
so i spent 0.0002 to have 0.00012 BTC?!  Angry
If you obtained them just to dump them, yes, why is that surprising?..

Two things to consider:

#1: We believe importing your wallet without moving your coins first is entirely safe.
-> Ergo: Moving the coins first is a safety per-caution for those who are skeptical.  We don't blame you at all; but it is not necessary.

#2: There is no current high bid.  CLAMS does not have enough volume at an exchange yet to have gone through the process of valuation.
-> Ergo: Only "God" and Oprah know what the price-point of CLAMS might end up being.

Sorry to hear about the high transaction fees you paid, and your distaste with the process Sad
Certainly wasn't our intention at all.

Our intention was to give everyone in Crypto free coins. Period Grin Grin Grin
CLAM Developer
Cant understand  Huh if I use Electrum (Alt client) and never start original Bitcoin client.  Can i receive some CLAM`s?
Thank You

Pretty much all of the "flavors" of wallet should provide a means for getting at your private keys.  The difficult part is that each will be slightly different.

In the case of Electrum, this post might be helpful:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Electrum#Export_and_import_addresses

I hope that helps a bit, though it is slightly complicated if your not used to dealing with a daemon. 
If your still having troubles, please post back with as many specific details about what part your stuck on - and we will do our best to help you out!
Activity: 434
Universal Life Church Minister
Cant understand  Huh if I use Electrum (Alt client) and never start original Bitcoin client.  Can i receive some CLAM`s?
Thank You
I spent 0.0002 BTC (transaction fee) to send my BTC on multibit, the result I have 4 CLAMs  Grin

If you obtained them just to dump them, yes, why is that surprising?..
Activity: 686
Merit: 266
Jump to: