Author

Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin" - page 499. (Read 1150679 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
You should also contact bittrex, they tend to add new coin very fast and it is a good exchange.

Common Sense Ideas == Good Ideas;

We will definitely get on the horn with them Smiley
My BTC has been in the exchange....
Can not get Clam。。
OH NO。。。
Activity: 784
Merit: 1002
CLAM Developer
You should also contact bittrex, they tend to add new coin very fast and it is a good exchange.

Common Sense Ideas == Good Ideas;

We will definitely get on the horn with them Smiley
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
OK so an exchange is needed as soon as possible because I do not feel people will mine for days on a pool without any payout.
Otherwise I find the distribution idea quite original but it requires 2 important trusts:
1. You have not created tons of addresses for you before distribution
2. Exchanges and online wallets must cooperate in the distribution

Thank you for the positive words Smiley

We thought it was quite an original idea as well Grin

We have already been in contact with Poloniex.com as well AGX.io.

We anticipate a response shortly  Cheesy

Activity: 228
Activity: 399
Merit: 257
Using our private keys on a newly forked wallet exposes us to a lot of risk for very little reward. I prefer being able to claim my Clams by verifying a message digitally signed with my BTC/LTC/DOGE address and not by importing the private key itself. Would the dev team be willing to implement such a change?
Activity: 84
 ;DThe MTG will get most of CLAM
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
I think posting from your regular BTT account so people can see your history would help a bit with the trust issues.
CLAM Developer
OK so an exchange is needed as soon as possible because I do not feel people will mine for days on a pool without any payout.
Otherwise I find the distribution idea quite original but it requires 2 important trusts:

Thank you for the positive words Smiley

We thought it was quite an original idea as well Grin

We have already been in contact with Poloniex.com as well AGX.io.

We anticipate a response shortly  Cheesy
How does the payout occurs at kHashier ? There is no exchange accepting CLAM yet.

kHashier.com uses a unique form of payout, which accrues shares over the entire time miners mine at the pool.

At the moment, shares are accruing and coins from found blocks are being automatically dumped to exchanges to yield BTC.

Once CLAMS is listed on an exchange, buy orders will be placed for clams.  

These clams will be distributed to the miners of the pool in direct proportion to the amount of "work" that miner has input into the pool.

Hope that is helpful Smiley

CLAM Developer
How does the payout occurs at kHashier ? There is no exchange accepting CLAM yet.

kHashier.com uses a unique form of payout, which accrues shares over the entire time miners mine at the pool.

At the moment, shares are accruing and coins from found blocks are being automatically dumped to exchanges to yield BTC.

Once CLAMS is listed on an exchange, buy orders will be placed for clams. 

These clams will be distributed to the miners of the pool in direct proportion to the amount of "work" that miner has input into the pool.

Hope that is helpful Smiley
Activity: 182
DGB.Get-By.com Admin
The ANN is legit.  My Clams were in my wallet, and so are my BTC as well.

Mildly familiar with the code, and frankly there aren't a whole lot of changes.

I will delete my account if this is a scam to steal wallet.dat files.
Of course we are being asked to TRUST the exchanges, don't mince words.
Quote "We would like to think (read 'hope') that these services would consider" (my bold)
Think ... Hope ... Consider ...
Everything is based on "hope" and possibility - read your own announcement.
As transactions are non-reversable, once the clam have been strip-mined there is no way back.
Personally, I hope genetic engineering would consider creating me a Unicorn that smells of pineapple and poos glitter.
I think it is possible.
It probably isn't though.

My, aren't you the colorful one  Shocked

The fact is, any responsible member of this community would recommend after the numerous thefts of user funds by various exchanges that all users...

Pro Tip: KEEP THEIR COINS IN THEIR PERSONAL WALLET.

Assuming that at least a good deal of intelligent people did just THAT..... then your witch hunt would be quite... mis-placed?

Further, a basic understanding of the mechanics behind a service that utilizes crypto-daemons in any large business would understand that though exchanges will have some coins, the risk is not the pariah you would make it out to be.  Cold-Wallets, dust-collection, and any number of other necessary functions to keep the daemons running smoothly would limit and counter-act this effect you speak of.

We are sorry you seem to be quite upset - but until we see otherwise, the development team does not believe this to be the massive issue you make it out to be.

A final word:

If you are trolling this thread, out of personal gain and commitment for a different coin and any perceived threat you might think CLAMS poses to that coin..... we would appreciate greatly if you would consider the work and effort of others before you continue.

Or, show us another that gave away 100% of the total money supply before launch.
I am not trolling.  I am not committed to any particular coin, I have quite a few coins on the go.  I am not trying to derail clam because of any perceived threat.

I am, however, deeply suspicious - and in the quagmire of here-today-gone-tomorrow coins, this one stands out as being a little odd.

I have raised a valid point which has not been adequately answered.

Many people hold BTC/LTC/DOGE *ON* exchanges so they can exchange quickly when prices rise/fall - they do not always unload to their own wallet between trades.

If your intentions are honourable and I have got the wrong impression, then I apologise.

I won't be installing clam.

If it takes off, I may trade some in the future.

Good luck with your project.
Activity: 22
Pretty innovative idea for distribution but it all seems a little sketchy to me with all the wallet .dat changes and every 5th word in the announcement being "trust". Apparently I've already got my CLAMS so any guinea pigs post back...
What if we could claim our clams with just our wallet addresses?
CLAM Developer
Quote "We would like to think (read 'hope') that these services would consider" (my bold)
As transactions are non-reversable, once the clam have been strip-mined there is no way back.
Personally, I hope genetic engineering would consider creating me a Unicorn that smells of pineapple and poos glitter.
I think it is possible.

My, aren't you the colorful one  Shocked

The fact is, any responsible member of this community would recommend after the numerous thefts of user funds by various exchanges that all users...

Pro Tip: KEEP THEIR COINS IN THEIR PERSONAL WALLET.

Assuming that at least a good deal of intelligent people did just THAT..... then your witch hunt would be quite... mis-placed?

Further, a basic understanding of the mechanics behind a service that utilizes crypto-daemons in any large business would understand that though exchanges will have some coins, the risk is not the pariah you would make it out to be.  Cold-Wallets, dust-collection, and any number of other necessary functions to keep the daemons running smoothly would limit and counter-act this effect you speak of.

We are sorry you seem to be quite upset - but until we see otherwise, the development team does not believe this to be the massive issue you make it out to be.

A final word:

If you are trolling this thread, out of personal gain and commitment for a different coin and any perceived threat you might think CLAMS poses to that coin..... we would appreciate greatly if you would consider the work and effort of others before you continue.

Or, show us another that gave away 100% of the total money supply before launch.
I have my old doge wallet backup but there's no doge left in them. Do I still get clams?

That would depend.  How old is your old doge back-up?  If you DOGE back-up had coins in it when we did our dump some days ago; then yes, you could expect to find some CLAMS.  If not, we are sorry.

That said, I suppose there is not harm in throwing the wallet in the client and checking Grin

Haven't had doge in there in months, so maybe I'm out of luck.
Section : "A Word Concerning Third-Parties" - take a good, long read of that and re-read again.
That section of the announcment sounds deeply suspicious.
It suggests trust and fairness, but reading between the lines exposes scam on a massive scale, potentially only benefitting the exchanges themselves.
How do we know this coin was not actually CREATED by an exchange or cartel of exchanges?
If it was, and the possibility *MUST* be entertained, then they could simply hold them and trade them without any knowledge of the owner of the BTC, LTC or DOGE wallets on their exchange.
Clam coins could then be manipulated by the exchanges themsleves and sold for BTC at their leisure as THEY would be the major holders of clams, not the users whose wallets they hold.
All they would need to do is install clam, upload all the addresses on their exchange and strip-mine the clam coins.
Remember, we are being asked to TRUST exchanges to be FAIR and HONEST when dealing with clam.  
They run exchanges to make money.
**WARNING**
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH
Someone, somewhere will always have to pay.
Please don't let it be you.

I certainly wish we ran an exchange Smiley

Alas, we do not.

That said, you are not being asked to TRUST exchanges.
In fact, the section you quote, was a very very polite way of requesting that the community....

Take up pitchforks and torches -> demanding their CLAMS.

Buy beyond that, we can't force a holder of a privateKey to do the right thing and distribute those coins to their users.

I swear: if we had thought up a way, we would have. We certainly tried.

I think it is possible.

legendary
Activity: 2690
Merit: 1175
Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse
sorry, to complicated and fishy for me  Tongue
CLAM Developer
most of the coin is for exchange platform!
I got my 4.6CLAM.
But I think the 4.6CLAM don't have too much value. It now is not worth to apply for it when having potential risk.
I think the biggest winners are exchanges.

I am not quite sure where this sentiment is coming from...

First of all, a responsible exchange would keep the majority of their coins in what are called "Cold Wallets".

The transaction which moves the coins to that cold wallet, would cause them to LOSE any CLAMS they might get from the deposits that make it up.

Further, I think the fact that we do not even HAVE an exchange yet, makes all of this a bit silly.... don't you?...?
Jump to: