Author

Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin" - page 500. (Read 1150657 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
I got my 4.6CLAM.

But I think the 4.6CLAM don't have too much value. It now is not worth to apply for it when having potential risk.

I think the biggest winners are exchanges.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1002
CLAM Developer
Section : "A Word Concerning Third-Parties" - take a good, long read of that and re-read again.
That section of the announcment sounds deeply suspicious.
It suggests trust and fairness, but reading between the lines exposes scam on a massive scale, potentially only benefitting the exchanges themselves.
How do we know this coin was not actually CREATED by an exchange or cartel of exchanges?
If it was, and the possibility *MUST* be entertained, then they could simply hold them and trade them without any knowledge of the owner of the BTC, LTC or DOGE wallets on their exchange.
Clam coins could then be manipulated by the exchanges themsleves and sold for BTC at their leisure as THEY would be the major holders of clams, not the users whose wallets they hold.
All they would need to do is install clam, upload all the addresses on their exchange and strip-mine the clam coins.
Remember, we are being asked to TRUST exchanges to be FAIR and HONEST when dealing with clam.  
They run exchanges to make money.
**WARNING**
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH
Someone, somewhere will always have to pay.
Please don't let it be you.

I certainly wish we ran an exchange Smiley

Alas, we do not.

That said, you are not being asked to TRUST exchanges.
In fact, the section you quote, was a very very polite way of requesting that the community....

Take up pitchforks and torches -> demanding their CLAMS.

Buy beyond that, we can't force a holder of a privateKey to do the right thing and distribute those coins to their users.

I swear: if we had thought up a way, we would have. We certainly tried.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Section : "A Word Concerning Third-Parties" - take a good, long read of that and re-read again.

That section of the announcment sounds deeply suspicious.

It suggests trust and fairness, but reading between the lines exposes scam on a massive scale, potentially only benefitting the exchanges themselves.

How do we know this coin was not actually CREATED by an exchange or cartel of exchanges?

If it was, and the possibility *MUST* be entertained, then they could simply hold them and trade them without any knowledge of the owner of the BTC, LTC or DOGE wallets on their exchange.

Clam coins could then be manipulated by the exchanges themsleves and sold for BTC at their leisure as THEY would be the major holders of clams, not the users whose wallets they hold.

All they would need to do is install clam, upload all the addresses on their exchange and strip-mine the clam coins.

Remember, we are being asked to TRUST exchanges to be FAIR and HONEST when dealing with clam.  

They run exchanges to make money.

**WARNING**

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH

Someone, somewhere will always have to pay.

Please don't let it be you.

Activity: 318
Merit: 250
very interested ,but want to know more details.
CLAM Developer
60 KH/s Scrypt and almost 30 KH/s Scrypt-N at kHashier.com

Thank you to anyone who might be sending their hash our direction Smiley
CLAM Developer
How many total CLAMS?Pls tell us.   3.1M*4.6=14.26M?

Sorry for the delay Smiley
You can use the "debug" window inside of the client to execute the command "getinfo".
That will show you the total money supply.

It is currently around 14.9 million.  But the coin features a 1% annual Proof-Of-Stake reward - so it not quite a static total money supply.

The doge blockchain has become so big that someone invented multidoge, similar to multibit for bitcoin. What happens to all the multibit and multidoge users? They do not have wallet.dat files and will probably lack the technical skills to export keys.

I do not use Multi-Doge; though I have used MultiBit. 
MultiBit provides a function in the menu bar titled "Export Private Keys".

The process would be to go into the CLAMS Client and click Help -> Debug Window.  Then click the "Console".

From there a user can type "Help" to get a list of commands.

The command that would likely be helpful to import your keys would be: "importprivkey"

In the long-term, we intend to spend some time creating tools and guides to ease the conversion for the dozens of available wallet solutions.

Fuck IPO=Scam!

There is no IPO.  If you will look closely, the gif animation in the OP thread is reversed.  The joke was that he is gathering glitter, not tossing it Smiley

Another question is if I need my BTC/LTC/DOGE wallet update to the latest block before I copy it to the appdata/Roaming/CLAM/  ?

No, the other clients do not need to be sync'd.  The Clam Client WILL have to be sync'd however, once the wallet is imported Smiley

I have my old doge wallet backup but there's no doge left in them. Do I still get clams?

That would depend.  How old is your old doge back-up?  If you DOGE back-up had coins in it when we did our dump some days ago; then yes, you could expect to find some CLAMS.  If not, we are sorry.

That said, I suppose there is not harm in throwing the wallet in the client and checking Grin

I have my old doge wallet backup but there's no doge left in them. Do I still get clams?

No.  Obviously the wallet.dat has to contain private keys that hold funds.  DUH!!! OTHERWISE HOW WILL THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY.

I understand your dis-trust.  I really do.  This is why the code is open source and available for everyone to review.  In addition, we have provided instructions on how to move your funds to a new wallet, safe and sound; BEFORE you import the old (now EMPTY) wallet.dat into the Clam Client.

Additionally, the client has been compiled as gitian build -> hopefully adding even more independent verifiability to the endeavor.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
abaddon

No.  Obviously the wallet.dat has to contain private keys that hold funds.  DUH!!! OTHERWISE HOW WILL THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY.
Activity: 141
Activity: 69
Another question is if I need my BTC/LTC/DOGE wallet update to the latest block before I copy it to the appdata/Roaming/CLAM/  ?
Activity: 182
the step seem a little complexed//// but worth to get!
do I need my BTC/LTC/Doge wallet have some non-zero  balance in order to get CLAM?
Activity: 77
The doge blockchain has become so big that someone invented multidoge, similar to multibit for bitcoin. What happens to all the multibit and multidoge users? They do not have wallet.dat files and will probably lack the technical skills to export keys.
Activity: 126
too complicated for most of people.. I think
Anybody had successfully received some CLAMs?
Activity: 140
How many total CLAMS?Pls tell us.   3.1M*4.6=14.26M?
CLAM Developer
If most exchanges keep coins in a separate address for each user, then they will control the vast majority of clams. Most users probably keep all their coins in one address if they run a wallet on their computer.

Although you are partially correct, most users do not quite understand how the standard wallet functions.

CLAMS were sent to unique addresses with unspent OUTPUTS.  
Most even marginally active personal wallets, which haven't sent their entire balance (combining outputs) should have multiple unspent outputs in multiple addresses.

Indeed, as a common measure of security and privacy, it is ALWAYS recommended that users use a different receive address for each payment they receive.

In addition, a commonly unknown fact is that the client automatically creates 100 "change" addresses, in the background.  Each and every time you send a coin from one place to the next, all outputs utilized must be allocated entirely.  This means that your payment goes to the receiving address, and the rest of those ouputs arrives in what are called "change" addresses.

A long-winded explanation to a commonly misunderstood concept; our apologies.

BTC wallet with coin?
BTC wallet which HAD coins roughly a handful of days ago when we did our data scrape of the block chains.  You could quite safely send those coins wherever you please at this point, and it would not affect your current balance of CLAMS on the clam network.

How can I get my CLAMS?plz post detail.

Happy to help if you have a specific issue.  Detailed instructions can be found above, under "Wallet Transfer Guides:"

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I am looking for a dev!
How can I get my CLAMS?plz post detail.
Activity: 77
If most exchanges keep coins in a separate address for each user, then they will control the vast majority of clams. Most users probably keep all their coins in one address if they run a wallet on their computer.
Jump to: