Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CRC] Craftcoin - Portable Minecraft Game Currency w. Economy Plugin - page 27. (Read 92271 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Captain Jack Fenderson
Thanks for doing this, but unfortunately for pool miners, fees usually go to the pool. Maybe a generous donation to the pool would be quicker.

The PPS doesn't share the fees?  Anyway, I don't see how a direct donation to the pool helps more than just making it a tx fee.

I guess my understanding of how a pool gets the fees with the block it finds is different than yours.

Pools collect a percentage fee from miners, not all the fees from the block.

EX: Pool collects a 1% mining fee, so for every 100 coins a miner receives the pool gets 1 coin

So when a pool says that they get the block fees, what are they referring to?

(From BTC Guild)
.....at a 3% fee, which has some variance, but also includes block transaction fees.

What that's saying isn't that it's getting the TX fees in the block, but rather 3% of the total (block+fees).

Say the block is 20 coins and has 5 coin in fees on it, the pool get's 3% of 25, not 3% of 20 and then the other 5.

This depends on the pool of course, but a poll that claims all the block fees aren't going to get many miners. That's like a diner manager that takes all the tips, that's just a douche move.
Activity: 213
Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s
Any word on running game servers or test servers?
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Most pools keep the TX fees to themselves. P2pools give them to the miners.

The fee's on P2Pools are a bit different than other pools. Any fees that a p2pool has is probabilistic (yes, I had to look up the definition of that word too) Smiley

In other words if your p2pool has a 1% fee then 1% of the shares goes to the pool not 1% of every share. The pool can have periods of bad luck in relation to the fee and get nothing at all but it should average out over time.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Hopefully some servers with ~20 active people adopt this soon.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1084
I guess my understanding of how a pool gets the fees with the block it finds is different than yours.

The pool creates the block in advance.  This will direct the tx fees + mint fees to the pool's address.  The block winner sometimes gets 1% of the block reward so there is an incentive to actually send in the winning share.

The pool is then responsible for distributing the rewards.

p2pools work differently.  They use the coinbase to send coins directly to the miners.  It never hits the pool's address (since there is no address).

In both cases, the fees + minting reward are paid.

However, a pool might have a rule that tx fees are kept by the pool.
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
Thanks for doing this, but unfortunately for pool miners, fees usually go to the pool. Maybe a generous donation to the pool would be quicker.

The PPS doesn't share the fees?  Anyway, I don't see how a direct donation to the pool helps more than just making it a tx fee.

EX: Pool collects a 1% mining fee, so for every 100 coins a miner receives the pool gets 1 coin

So when a pool says that they get the block fees, what are they referring to?

(From BTC Guild)
.....at a 3% fee, which has some variance, but also includes block transaction fees.
Activity: 168
Captain Jack Fenderson

The PPS doesn't share the fees?  Anyway, I don't see how a direct donation to the pool helps more than just making it a tx fee.

legendary

The PPS doesn't share the fees?  Anyway, I don't see how a direct donation to the pool helps more than just making it a tx fee.

legendary

legendary
I added another 10 CRC tx fee transaction.

legendary
I added another 10 CRC tx fee transaction.
legendary
I am back (errr...) Homer is back mining on the pool. Sorry for the delay.........

Long Live Craftcoin!!!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Good coin, keep it up  Roll Eyes
legendary
Block found, here's the 10 CRC fee transaction
legendary
As a small incentive for miners, I sent 10 CRC to myself with a 10 CRC tx fee.  This doubles the reward for the next block.

If everyone did that with say 10% of their coin, then it would boost the profit for miners.  It only benefits the miner of the next block though, so ideally, the funding would be spread out.

Think of it as a crowdsourced mining incentive.  It's not like your CRCs are worth much if the currency fails.

To add a high TX fee transaction, go to settings -> options -> main tab.

You can set a fee per kb.  Unless you have some weird inputs, that will be the fee per transaction.

Set that to 1 CRC and then send a 1 CRC transaction back to yourself.

NOTE: Don't forget to set it back to whatever it was before

You don't want to end up always paying that much.
legendary
i'm only gonna be putting my 2.3mhash @ http://crc.scryptmining.com until morning (9:45pm now) then i have to go back to LTC to pay the bills but it would be nice if we could get a little help

alright boys and girls i'm going to have to point the rig back at ltc =( let me know if you need a few mhash to kickstart something down the road

Thanks for your help....Homer found the last block for the pool at ~8 am EDT, I guess the pool only finds 1 block per day now. Homer needs to go to another coin too. Good luck Craftcoin miners.
Activity: 213
Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s
i'm only gonna be putting my 2.3mhash @ http://crc.scryptmining.com until morning (9:45pm now) then i have to go back to LTC to pay the bills but it would be nice if we could get a little help

alright boys and girls i'm going to have to point the rig back at ltc =( let me know if you need a few mhash to kickstart something down the road
legendary
i will not hashing in this network until the dev solves this difficulty problem, because hashing now to the retarget then skyrocketing-diff again and we have the same problem!

Fundamentally, the problem is the large difficulty step per update.  If a coin is paying 120% of the market price for hashes, it will get loads of miners.  This triggers a re-target (X4 to difficulty), and suddenly, it is paying 30% of the market price.  Miners will leave in droves.

However, if it steps by 1% at a time, then it tracks better.  Going from 101% of market price to 99% isn't going to cause miners to leave.  Some will stay since they see the future of the coin.

The hash rate will drop, but less and the next block will re-target to 101% again.
Activity: 238
I'm doing what I can do, sorry.

I will continue to work at it. Thanks for your patience.

The fact you are trying to do something about it is a feather in your cap!

I have a feeling this coin is going to be quite successful due to the size of the minecraft community!

Keep up the good work!
Activity: 156
I'm doing what I can do, sorry.

I will continue to work at it. Thanks for your patience.
Pages:
Jump to: