Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CRC] Craftcoin - Portable Minecraft Game Currency w. Economy Plugin - page 31. (Read 92271 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Trust me Guys i can't Do it on my own with this card!

I'd hold on to that card....
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
success!  That backup card was a champ. Smiley
Activity: 213
Mining history: BTC->LTC->FTC->CRC:2200kh/s
Trust me Guys i can't Do it on my own with this card!
Activity: 294
hope the difficulty troubles get solved. no one will mine it if diff is soo high and profit is so less....
Activity: 280
i love Craftcoin

please sent me any coin

Q5w5BmgkaUeiQmJzXNemByHzHozADSigHk

thanks
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
My guys are doing their part! Wink

Around 3 hours since the network has solved a block :/
Activity: 448
heh.  Homer can't do it alone.  Spread some hashpower back to this pool Smiley

Donation %'s set all go back to the devs!

Happy mining.
Activity: 148
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
Cap the difficulty change and implement 1 block retarget using the last 288 blocks (which would imitate the current intended retarget time of 1 day) sounds like the best plan to me.

I agree, it sounds like a good solution. Let me see what I can pull together.

Thanks for the input. I will update you all ASAP.
Cap the difficulty change and implement 1 block retarget using the last 288 blocks (which would imitate the current intended retarget time of 1 day) sounds like the best plan to me.

+1
Activity: 168
Captain Jack Fenderson
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
Any chance for some big miners to come back to the pool?

http://crc.scryptmining.com/blocksAuth

It has been 12+ hours...
I've added craftcoin to my charts website:
http://cryptometer.org/craftcoin_96_hour_charts.html
http://cryptometer.org/craftcoin_90_day_charts.html

The charts don't update automatically so if you want to see more recent data, just remind me to update it.

I'm seeing about 2 blocks an hour at the moment.  Network hashrate around 52 MHashes/sec.  Difficulty changes at block 9504 which is 229 blocks away.  If the hashrate stays the same, I guestimate it will take 4.7 days to reach the difficulty change.

Thanks for this
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1084
Looking for some consensus: What I'm thinking is that we will (1) fork to manually adjust difficulty and (2) cap the max difficulty adjustment.

open to suggestions / ideas.

If you are doing a hard fork anyway, another option is to have a block which allows you to manually adjust the difficulty downwards.  

(I am not sure what your crypt skills are like)

You sign the block and the difficulty of that block is automatically accepted.

This could be set to only last for the first 6 months of the coin operation until it is reasonably stable.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Looking for some consensus: What I'm thinking is that we will (1) fork to manually adjust difficulty and (2) cap the max difficulty adjustment.

I think we should implement each block retarget like in NVC

Yes, the PPC or in the case of scrypt coins NVC (NVC is for the most part a scrypt version of PPC) is the best difficulty algo in terms of adjusting with hash rate swings and difficulty attacks.

If you plan to make a hard-fork change, I would seriously advise you to consider implementing a PPC like algo. For clairification, this does NOT mean the POS/POW setup.

Basically it works like this:

The difficulty algo basically adjusts the difficulty of each block based on a rolling "windows" of blocks. Lets just say 400 blocks (just pulled off the top of my head). Every blocks difficulty adjustment is based on how far off the target time the last 400 blocks were.There is also a percentage limitation as to how far the difficulty can be from the previous block.

Normally I would tell a developer to talk to Sunny, as he is a very friendly and helpful developer, however he has just released Primecoin and is very busy at the moment. You could try and pm Balthazar (NVC developer), every time I have contacted him, he also has been helpful.

Activity: 364

Sounds good.  Although I don't see why you modified this scrypt coin to be 5 min blocks.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1084

Another option is to use rewards.  For example, you will send 20 CRC each to the miners who find the next 20 blocks.

This increases miner profits and might help (or might just mean you burn through your reserve).

Feather coin apparently did it (with BTC rewards) and it helped.

I have always thought that coins should take real time into account more.

If you are considering a hard-fork anyway, you could add the testnet rule where if blocks are coming slowly, then you can submit lower POW blocks.  Ofc, this is a "hard" problem, how to do it without it being abused.
Pages:
Jump to: