Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 69. (Read 171852 times)

Activity: 724
Merit: 500
I think a new unofficiall DTC thread (with a FAQ etc) from the unofficial DTC team and the guy running datacoin.info would do wonders for DTC promotion. The original dev has only interest in coding DTC, but zero interest in promoting it.

Agree with you. Starting this thread in 5 minutes

URL please!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
Checked, all works Smiley
8b06d21c307bff542a8bf850da6da626786c22614bbcce7249a54c69b7fdc65c

Please add transaction history.
DTC unofficial team
Activity: 392
Activity: 637
Announcing krypte.net BETA

A datacoin service for uploading/downloading data from the blockchain.

_                     _                    _   
| |                   | |                  | | 
| | ___ __ _   _ _ __ | |_ ___   _ __   ___| |_
| |/ / '__| | | | '_ \| __/ _ \ | '_ \ / _ \ __|
|   <| |  | |_| | |_) | ||  __/_| | | |  __/ |_
|_|\_\_|   \__, | .__/ \__\___(_)_| |_|\___|\__|
            __/ | |                             
           |___/|_|                             

c60f6173aa6c4dce76bf48a75cbadc29c1bd85a3c5b349a469cea7c135ea09a8

This service is still in beta, I will publicly announce it on other forums/threads when ready, meanwhile please help me test it.
  • Register an account (mail address required)
  • If you want to get data from the blockchain you just need the transaction id.
  • If you want to send data (128K max) you need funds for the datacoin fee (0.05 per kilobyte plus 0.05 service fee per download), in order to fund your account, go to Account information and take note of your address, then go to the Datacoin client and just send some funds to that new address.

You can help build the service by reporting the problems you face but also asking for new features.

You can always withdraw your funds just sending your coins to your own address (widthdraw fee is 0.01).
Just like an online wallet.

I have started this service with just 10 DTC from a giveaway by bidji29 , so if you want to support further development send DTC to DLjcy3vu8KhMGbqbEtRcrGQUEweuMpiZqs the funds there will only be used to help develop/maintain the site.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
We are need a open pool~~~~~~~
PLS~~~~~
 Cry Cry Cry Cry
Am I doing something wrong or just unlucky ?

Not unlucky. The difficulty is just extreme for such a young coin.
DTC unofficial team
Been mining for a couple of days but only got 1 block and 3 orphans.
Whats funny is that my smallest rig hashing 0.52 chains per day found the valid block.
My bigger rig (16 core) is finding nothing after 2 days.

"blocks" : 87194,
    "chainspermin" : 25,
    "chainsperday" : 2.68485530,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 9.69136578,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "primespersec" : 5099,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "sieveextensions" : 9,
    "sievepercentage" : 10,
    "sievesize" : 1000000,
    "testnet" : false

seems like just pure luck
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
Been mining for a couple of days but only got 1 block and 3 orphans.
Whats funny is that my smallest rig hashing 0.52 chains per day found the valid block.
My bigger rig (16 core) is finding nothing after 2 days.

"blocks" : 87194,
    "chainspermin" : 25,
    "chainsperday" : 2.68485530,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 9.69136578,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "primespersec" : 5099,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "sieveextensions" : 9,
    "sievepercentage" : 10,
    "sievesize" : 1000000,
    "testnet" : false

DTC unofficial team
I think a new unofficiall DTC thread (with a FAQ etc) from the unofficial DTC team and the guy running datacoin.info would do wonders for DTC promotion. The original dev has only interest in coding DTC, but zero interest in promoting it.

Agree with you. Starting this thread in 5 minutes
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Looks like im going to wait until a pool is up for this Smiley. Somebody please post in here when one is set up.
There is a vote thread about which coin to put on a new exchange:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=353594.40
Activity: 966
Are coinwarz.com going to put Datacoin in the list??
Any news on the pool? I've stopped mining because of the high difficulty.
DTC unofficial team
I just thought, that including virus/malware code(not working) in blockchain can cause antivirus software to block/delete the chains.  Shocked
Of cousre you can exclude blockchains directory for antivirus, but there should be better solutions for this.

If all files are crypted with some key, it will be impossible for antivirus to find it. But if someone posts it here just bziped... hmm, maybe you're right. Anyway, it is not _big_ problem - your wallet will be safe anyway  Tongue We cannot make all users to encrypt data, but maybe later it will be implemented on top-level of Datacoin
Activity: 476
I just thought, that including virus/malware code(not working) in blockchain can cause antivirus software to block/delete the chains.  Shocked
Of cousre you can exclude blockchains directory for antivirus, but there should be better solutions for this.
DTC unofficial team
Thanks, I'll also add this info to FAQs that I'm supporting
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
What if i modify the data inside a transaction? How do other peers can protect themselves?
Seems something critical.

Data is signed with TxInput's keys. If you change data transaction's signatures become invalid. It's the same as if you change output address or locktime. No peer would accept tx into mempool with invalid signatures.
Activity: 637
When you send the file to the blockchain, it is not an executable, and it won't be. Base64 encoded bits. So no risk at all. After a transaction is sent you can't modify it.

I mean, there is no check (that I know of ), on the data so that a malicious node could delete/overwrite/alter the data inside the blocks and seed to other peers that would download the wrong data causing havoc on the blockchain.

mstfck answered you just after me - see post above

In fact, I quoted his reply.
Pages:
Jump to: