Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet. - page 24. (Read 82589 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Why not use part of the IPO to set up a moving buy wall? Start it out at say 5000, then as once current price is say 6500, move it up to 6000. Do this until the price has gotten close to 8k and has stabilized some. Worse case scenario, the devs pick up some more coins. As long as the devs keep up their hard work, the price will have to go up. This should be profitable to everyone except the dumpers. I have faith in this coin, and I've been holding and accumulating since the IPO.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
Forgot one last thing. Although I know the dev team seemingly is against it, and so are a number of people here in this thread, you may wish to consider the anonymity idea again.

If you have a unique way of implementing it, and can do so in a reasonable time frame, I'd suggest strongly considering it.

Dangling the anonymity carrot is one way to stabilize the price. But I should stress it needs to be a real carrot, not some far off, vague, or false promise like so many other devs have done lately.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
This is only a suggestion to the list of bounty that we must establish:

BOUNTY LIST:

Translations
Games
Video (marketing and professional tutorial)
Marketing/fanart image
Faucet
Another explorer
Articles
Merchants and services
Wiki
Mobile App
Infographic (something like http://spectrum.ieee.org/img/06Bitcoin-1338412974774.jpg)
Other Things

We have some of those things now and in the works, a few of those are excellent ideas though and very doable. Thank you for these!
Activity: 121
This is only a suggestion to the list of bounty that we must establish:

BOUNTY LIST:

Translations
Games
Video (marketing and professional tutorial)
Marketing/fanart image
Faucet
Another explorer
Articles
Merchants and services
Wiki
Mobile App
Infographic (something like http://spectrum.ieee.org/img/06Bitcoin-1338412974774.jpg)
Other Things

That's all very true, we have internally started pushing time frames up, we are just making sure that the code behind these services is triple checked for accuracy and error free. Good things in this coin will come to those who wait, I cannot stress this more. We are giving it 110% though to be time sensitive and your suggestions are weighed considerably.

As for other ways to keep the price stable, temporarily boosting the multipool prices may help. Yep, it's a short-term bandaid. But when you are bleeding away, anything at all can help. You just want to buy some time right now and get the coin at a decent floor. Even if that floor is below ipo levels, so long as it remains stable, you can work from there.

You can also try smaller exchanges ... swisscex, kingcoiny, austin global, etc. It's not much, but no harm in extra exchanges. And try to see if you can get polo to speed up their review process a bit.

Even if you don't want to pay for MP voting just yet, you may wish to use some funds to pay for voting contests/giveaways. They tend to spur on a coin's community a bit, and of course the extra bonus is more votes.
Poor, you are missing the bigger picture. If we spend 12,000 USD on votes and we get one pump (who can even guess how high it will even go) what does that do for our infrastructure if we cannot pay developers for the actual work we are doing. If this was a good idea then paying a team of pumping whales to get DCM to .001-.005 is even better. The downside is after the dump it may be this project is unrecoverable. We are thinking longer term, or Id have just launched this coin solo, pocketed 90k myself pumped the price make another 500btc and moved on.

If those in the community are not here for the long run then this currency and its goals may not be the best choice for you. We are committed to not only raising the value of DCM over time, but to raise the value of digital money to the public's perception as well.

We are working internally on 3 very big projects that have never been done by a dev team that is growing their coin. More details will be released after everything has been mapped out and the money/legality is proven sound.

I'm not looking at it from the perspective of a MP pump. Notice I didn't say to vote the coin to the very top of the list ... you just want to get the coin some attention, get MP within sight and give people a reason to hold the coin.  People are less likely to dump at cheap prices if they know a payday is coming.

It would take weeks of voting, maybe a month or two, at the least, to move a coin from the top 10 to number 1, so it buys the team some time. That's all I am saying, you need some breathing room to do the things you guys have planned and keep the price stable. You guys did take in over 100 btc, using some on MP shouldn't really put a damper on any future plans... I mean, it should be plenty of coin to do both.

Perhaps MP won't be needed and I am wrong. I just have the feeling that you guys are working on a different timescale than investors will want ... they see an ever-falling price, promises of nice things in the future... and wait. Crypto people have such insanely short attention spans that a week of silence to them means the devs have vanished and a coin will die. It's just the way it is. And whenever a coin falls below ipo prices it should be a wake up call to the devs that they need to do something, and do it quickly.

So whatever you guys have planned, I suggest moving your time table up and get something out there as soon as you can.

That's all very true, we have internally started pushing time frames up, we are just making sure that the code behind these services is triple checked for accuracy and error free. Good things in this coin will come to those who wait, I cannot stress this more. We are giving it 110% though to be time sensitive and your suggestions are weighed considerably.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Amr (User)
07/06/2014 9:38 PM
Hello

i would like to see Digital commerce being added to Mintpal voting list

great coin with amazing team leading it

thread link : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndcm-digital-commerce-135-mil-coins-100-possoon-anonaccounting-wallet-636470

--------------

MintPal Jason (Staff)
09/06/2014 10:37 AM
Hi,

Your coin has now been added to our public voting page (https://www.mintpal.com/voting). Periodically we will select the top coin from the list and add it to the website.

Happy voting!

--------------
Kind Regards,
MintPal Jason
Poor, you are missing the bigger picture. If we spend 12,000 USD on votes and we get one pump (who can even guess how high it will even go) what does that do for our infrastructure if we cannot pay developers for the actual work we are doing. If this was a good idea then paying a team of pumping whales to get DCM to .001-.005 is even better. The downside is after the dump it may be this project is unrecoverable. We are thinking longer term, or Id have just launched this coin solo, pocketed 90k myself pumped the price make another 500btc and moved on.

If those in the community are not here for the long run then this currency and its goals may not be the best choice for you. We are committed to not only raising the value of DCM over time, but to raise the value of digital money to the public's perception as well.

We are working internally on 3 very big projects that have never been done by a dev team that is growing their coin. More details will be released after everything has been mapped out and the money/legality is proven sound.

I'm not looking at it from the perspective of a MP pump. Notice I didn't say to vote the coin to the very top of the list ... you just want to get the coin some attention, get MP within sight and give people a reason to hold the coin.  People are less likely to dump at cheap prices if they know a payday is coming.

It would take weeks of voting, maybe a month or two, at the least, to move a coin from the top 10 to number 1, so it buys the team some time. That's all I am saying, you need some breathing room to do the things you guys have planned and keep the price stable. You guys did take in over 100 btc, using some on MP shouldn't really put a damper on any future plans... I mean, it should be plenty of coin to do both.

Perhaps MP won't be needed and I am wrong. I just have the feeling that you guys are working on a different timescale than investors will want ... they see an ever-falling price, promises of nice things in the future... and wait. Crypto people have such insanely short attention spans that a week of silence to them means the devs have vanished and a coin will die. It's just the way it is. And whenever a coin falls below ipo prices it should be a wake up call to the devs that they need to do something, and do it quickly.

So whatever you guys have planned, I suggest moving your time table up and get something out there as soon as you can.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Here's the thing, i can stick with this coin for a long time but the dev is what i'm worried about. How determined you guys to stay with the coin during hard times like this? Usually it's the dev that given up, not the holder.

I'm pretty positive the devs will not give up on this coin.  They are all well known throughout the crypto world, and abandoning this coin would not do well on their reputations.  

I personally just don't see that being a concern right now. We all have a common goal, and that is for this coin to succeed.
Here's the thing, i can stick with this coin for a long time but the dev is what i'm worried about. How determined you guys to stay with the coin during hard times like this? Usually it's the dev that given up, not the holder.

We are very active and committed to DCM longterm, our actions prove this and will continue to prove it. All of us have a vested interest in our currency. Those buying right now at nearly half the IPO price stand to make a fortune as we continue to deliver on our mission and goals. This includes our team who are all large holders.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Low price itself is not important.  All that matters is if the team flakes.  They could use the low price to accumulate and then blast us off with some incredible unannounced features.  However, if there is no interest in this coin and they burn through a good part of their funds, they will abandon it.  That's why mintpal is so important.  Once a coin is on mintpal, it can always take off again even if it falls.  If a coin is only on bittrex, it's much easier to permanently abandon since the barrier to getting on bittrex is much lower.

I don't agree in regard to price. As price reflects the perception of the coin. If a coin sinks too low, the general perception will be of a dead coin ... yes, devs could then announce some incredible features, but then it only brings the coin up to a certain point. A point probably still below ipo prices.

And of course I agree about MP. It's something the devs should have done a day or two ago, when all the fud/trolling stuff started.
legendary
Activity: 896

I'm going to look into some options to stimulate per coin growth today, in the meantime please post what changes we could make to the wallet that our community would like to see in the near future.

Although suggested many times, I'll suggest it again -- use ipo money to vote the coin into at least the top 5-10 on MP, ideally even higher. You don't have to vote it to the top, just enough where it has the number 1 spot in sight. It should hopefully stabilize the price and buy the team more time. If the price drops any further, forget whatever plans you guys have for the coin, whatever developments... it'll be considered a dead coin.

I had gotten out of the coin after all the hubbub started the other night, but see I am back in on a very low buy order that I never expected to get filled. Ideally this low order doesn't become the new high.

Low price itself is not important.  All that matters is if the team flakes.  They could use the low price to accumulate and then blast us off with some incredible unannounced features.  However, if there is no interest in this coin and they burn through a good part of their funds, they will abandon it.  That's why mintpal is so important.  Once a coin is on mintpal, it can always take off again even if it falls.  If a coin is only on bittrex, it's much easier to permanently abandon since the barrier to getting on bittrex is much lower.

I'm going to look into some options to stimulate per coin growth today, in the meantime please post what changes we could make to the wallet that our community would like to see in the near future.

Although suggested many times, I'll suggest it again -- use ipo money to vote the coin into at least the top 5-10 on MP, ideally even higher. You don't have to vote it to the top, just enough where it has the number 1 spot in sight. It should hopefully stabilize the price and buy the team more time. If the price drops any further, forget whatever plans you guys have for the coin, whatever developments... it'll be considered a dead coin.

I had gotten out of the coin after all the hubbub started the other night, but see I am back in on a very low buy order that I never expected to get filled. Ideally this low order doesn't become the new high.

legendary
Activity: 896
I have a few meetings today with potential merchants and investors. In regards to bringing up the price, we can only do this a few times before it defeats the purpose of raising money for development. I've spent 2 btc of my portion of the stabilization fund in the past 5 days.

Another keeps suggesting we pay the MP more btc to get them to do 150% payouts. Let's face it, when that ends if miners aren't vested in the coin they will stop mining right after, then its more money wasted on short term bandaids for the price.

I think going on mintpal will help a lot, distribution will be better, not only a hand of so self-named "investors" who panic at the first idiotic FUD.

Yep.  We really need mintpal.  Even when our value dropped to a ridiculously low level, volume didn't pick up.  No one knows about this coin currently.
Activity: 121
That's weird...I deposited in large amounts to my wallet, and I don't have a problem with staking.  

are we talking like xxxx or xxxxx  like i don't want to know how many coins u got ... just give me example or something ... i have a couple of xxxx and i still not staking

I have xxxx and xxxxx transfers into my wallet, and have had no issue with staking.  I've made 6 separate deposits in those ranges.

Now this is a cosmetic thing, and in no way affects how the wallet runs.  But I feel that the "green" arrows for incoming deposits should point in the other direction.  The tip of the arrow should face the left side. 
The stabilization fund was outside the IPO funds, its funded by only a couple of us. Made by some short term gains. It won't last forever though, and even famous hedge fund managers cannot protect their coins from dumping. Naut is what comes to mind here, and that dev has more money in his wallet than 3 of our IPOs.

My point is we may need what I call in marketing as a "value stimulus upgrade". This is why I hope our dedicated community members could help me brainstorm by PMing me suggestions on wallet improvements.
Pages:
Jump to: