Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet. - page 36. (Read 82589 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

I 100% agree. But still, lunatic or not, being a grown man rising a child, I expect from him at least a pinch of honor and return his IPO share. Otherwise, he's a thief and his reputation is done in crypto.

I would think his reputation is done with, regardless.

But in a land of anonymous developers, it may not matter as much as we'd think.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I think the rest of the team should not be responsible for Bob going berserk, and unfortunately nobody can force him to hand the BTC from the IPO, because he's a fucking lunatic.

Well, Bob accused Kreativecrypto of spending his BTC from the IPO. But if he himself got kicked out from the team and he's not willing to return his IPO share, what that makes of him? You don't run with the company's money after you are fired, unless you are a thief!

Accusations from a lunatic shouldn't necessarily be taken seriously. It's like asking someone who just got fired from their job what they think of their boss.

I 100% agree. But still, lunatic or not, being a grown man rising a child, I expect from him at least a pinch of honor and return his IPO share. Otherwise, he's a thief and his reputation is done in crypto.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
NOT FUD! FACTS!
We will soon be added to Mintpal voting list Smiley
Lets see how much love does the coin have Smiley
NOT FUD! FACTS!
I think the rest of the team should not be responsible for Bob going berserk, and unfortunately nobody can force him to hand the BTC from the IPO, because he's a fucking lunatic.

Well, Bob accused Kreativecrypto of spending his BTC from the IPO. But if he himself got kicked out from the team and he's not willing to return his IPO share, what that makes of him? You don't run with the company's money after you are fired, unless you are a thief!

Btw, I came across this comment... I don't know all the facts, but obviously some people are aware of Bob's previous contributions...

Good thing he got kicked early Smiley

Accusations from a lunatic shouldn't necessarily be taken seriously. It's like asking someone who just got fired from their job what they think of their boss.

What we should be demanding is that they use 19 BTC to get us onto mintpal so we know that they haven't blown all the funds, we will get onto mintpal, and at least some of the team is still invested in this coin.

Either way, I won't dump my remaining position as a turnaround is certainly still possible.  We currently have a market cap that's < $100,000.

I'd be happy if they spent around half that, got the coin into the top 10, and sped up polo listing the coin. That would buy them some time to build up the coin infrastructure and keep the price stable. It's also a show of good faith that they are willing to spend ipo funds on voting. Each dev kicks in a couple of btc from their ipo fund, and they can manage it.

Btw, I came across this comment... I don't know all the facts, but obviously some people are aware of Bob's previous contributions...

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 896
+1

I would want to buy heaps if the funds are still there. please post the public btc address to attract more investors.

And I would buy heaps more myself.....

OK, I've managed to get in touch with some of the guys on the team. Here's our preliminary response:

1) We will not be releasing public wallet addresses for each member. The reasoning behind this is that our wallets contain other funds which really are noone's business. You can consider the information provided below as our first "semi-official" response as to the project's financial situation. To compare the situation to the business world: when a company gives you a financial statement, they also don't let you look at their bank account but provide a summary. Please understand that we are trying to be transparent here without having to reveal personal financial information.

Easy solution to this, each member moves the fund to a new address.  Not so hard to do.  After what transpired, team words mean nothing to investors.  If we don't see transparency, trust will not be there going forward.

-tb-

Not quite as easy as you're thinking.  They'd have to either put it through a mixer or send tiny chunks to bittrex before withdrawing the funds to another address.

What we should be demanding is that they use 19 BTC to get us onto mintpal so we know that they haven't blown all the funds, we will get onto mintpal, and at least some of the team is still invested in this coin.

Either way, I won't dump my remaining position as a turnaround is certainly still possible.  We currently have a market cap that's < $100,000.
NOT FUD! FACTS!
I trust that the team will deliver, and the community can help too, so I don't care too much about the IPO funds, as much as they keep the coin alive.

Yeah, I wouldn't blame the team based on his actions. It could be a matter of  a lawsuit, if they wanted to pursue it, but that is up to the dev team.

Private wallets for the other devs could be shown, however. Just set up new wallets for the funds. You can of course list what expenses that have already occurred as far as coin/software development goes as a subtraction.

And I assume at this point Bob's exclusion is factual. I mean, how could it not be?

I strongly suggest the devs nip this is the bud, provide some clarity, and be active this weekend with whatever coin things you may have planned. That includes MP voting, new exchanges, putting up merchant info and all of that stuff. Yes, most coins have plenty of time to do those things, but this is certainly a weird situation. Most dev teams don't accidentally take on a lunatic. Best to deal with it now, than take time off and rest... rest when the coin is stable.

And rather than be pleasantly surprised when polo adds the coin, I'd try to make sure it happens by this weekend. If it takes a bit of extra effort, so be it.
NOT FUD! FACTS!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
+1

I would want to buy heaps if the funds are still there. please post the public btc address to attract more investors.

OK, I've managed to get in touch with some of the guys on the team. Here's our preliminary response:

1) We will not be releasing public wallet addresses for each member. The reasoning behind this is that our wallets contain other funds which really are noone's business. You can consider the information provided below as our first "semi-official" response as to the project's financial situation. To compare the situation to the business world: when a company gives you a financial statement, they also don't let you look at their bank account but provide a summary. Please understand that we are trying to be transparent here without having to reveal personal financial information.

Easy solution to this, each member moves the fund to a new address.  Not so hard to do.  After what transpired, team words mean nothing to investors.  If we don't see transparency, trust will not be there going forward.

-tb-
As a legitimately worried member of the community and IPO investor, I demand the issue to be addressed immediately by all dev team members. As business goes, when company struggles with an internal issue, a "weekend" is not an excuse to take an appropriate actions!

I demand each one of the dev team members to either confirm or deny the exclusion of Bobsurplus from the dev team. In my personal opinion, Bobsurplus unprofessional behaviour and deliberate intent of hurting Digital Commerce image by publicly spreading FUD about other dev team member (neither confirmed or denied as of now), I see Bobsurplus exclusion from the team as recommended.

If Bobsurplus exclusion is factual, I demand from him to release his share of the IPO funds and pass it on in a transparent manner (for all DCM community members to see) to other legit team members. Being no longer a dev team member, and having no further involvement in DCM developement, refusal to do so should be considered as an act of theft. 
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
+1

2) So, this is the state of our finances right now (from personal communication with 5 out of 6 devs):

a) Background: each of us received 22.26 BTC from the IPO to be held in trust for meaningful, coin-development related services. We have agreed that each of us is entitled to 2 BTC for their personal use as a payment/reward/salary for the time we have sunk into getting this coin launched and the further development of the coin. This may not be the answer you're looking for but we spent many days & nights with little sleep getting everything into place (coin development, website launch, drafting of supporting documents & statements, exchange negotiations, getting stratum up and running, etc) and will be spending much more time over the coming weeks & months to advance the stated goals of the coin. It all adds up to a lot of time and we feel that 2BTC/person is a reasonable (if not low) compensation for this; we all have families to support and have to eat as well. Having said this, our ultimate compensation will be a rising coin-price when we deliver on our stated goals. Realize that when we bought into the IPO, we did so using our own funds. As such it is in our personal interest to get the coin price to rise substantially over the coming weeks and months. As far as I know, everybody who bought into the IPO is still holding their coins.

b) Detailed statements:
i) KreativeKrypto: still holding around 18BTC from the IPO. He spent about 2 BTC for vendor acquisition support materials, marketing materials, etc.
ii) SeriousCoins: still holding around 19BTC from the IPO. He spent about 1 BTC renting hash power to secure the network for the post-IPO period
iii) Wallenstein (myself): still holding around 17 BTC from the IPO. I recouped some (very) minor costs I had advanced before the launch (domain names, hosting, HTML layouts, etc) and this morning moved 3BTC to Bittrex for buy support when I saw the price was approaching IPO-level.
iv) AHumanBeingX: still holds around 19BTC from the IPO. He spent about 1BTC getting the blockchain explorer and other network related stuff up and running and also rented some hash power to point towards the multipool.
v) Aszu: haven't been able to reach him yet, so I don't know but I am 99.999% certain that his IPO funds are also still in place and ready to be applied to the project.
vi) BobSurplus: told me he also still has his BTC from the IPO.

Bottom line: we are still in it for the long haul. DCM is not a scam coin and as far as I know, noone has run off with the IPO money. Our goal is to use the IPO money responsibly and develop a coin which can stand the test of time.

As you are all aware, the last 2 days have been rough; we are working on a coordinated response to leave these troubled times behind us and move the coin (and it's price) into thoroughly positive territory. You can expect several announcements next week which will detail that we are regrouping and making progress. Please grant those of us with families the weekend to recoup from what has been a very busy and stressful period.

We appreciate the faith and trust our investors have put into us and will do our best to make it worth your while; both from a financial as well as a community point of view.
Activity: 196
What about the BTC public addresses for the development fund? And what about the portion of the development fund entrusted to Bob's care?
Activity: 196
Rossr1, to address your statement we have vendors and merchants (and more to come), we have a multipool which needs another 1-4 gigahash to make it worth having. We have our whitepaper and an infographic ready community based events (logo contest and reddit mod, we had one person submit a logo and no one applied so far for reddit mod). All of the events have a bounty I'm personally funding along with a generous supporter who offered to give more. If you read what my position and where my funds are allocated and the very sentence you quoted, have I not already delivered in 4 days what sometimes takes other dev teams weeks?

To your other statement, I'm probably older than 70% of this forum, I apologized and resolved the issue with Bob as there was no other option, and lastly no, I will not dignify another thing he writes with a comment. That, is what "teen" would do.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Took a few minutes to quickly do this. If this coin is going to be merchant-focused, the logo should be clean and simple, in my opinion. Suggestions welcome, always Smiley.

http://i.imgur.com/2BEyFnz.png

I also have to agree with some of rossr1's points above. Even though drama like this can't always be avoided, if the coin is to succeed with its current goal of being professional, professional statements and responses to unprofessional events have to happen quickly. And if working with the community is important, transparency about the team's status and IPO fund locations should be as public as possible.

I believe in the dCom team, but this drama's only going to hurt more and more if it's not completely cleared soon!
Any chance of using 19 BTC to force us on mintpal?  We're still not on the voting list, but if we're added before Monday and 19 BTC is used, it would put us at the top.
You can't FORCE yourself onto mintpal. You can buy votes but there is no guarantee that they'll add us. Spending almost 1/6th of the IPO proceeds to something that ultimately we have no control over, seems like a bad deal to me. It's better to grow the coin organically and get the community involved in the voting list. This at least shows community involvement and a long-term mindset, which are the foundations to a strong coin and will eventually get Mintpas's notice.

As stated, yeah, you can sort of force you way onto it. It's not 100% certain, but if ITC can do it, I'd wager any coin can. I do agree that it may not make sense to use all the funds immediately to jump to the very top of voting, but I would suggest spending some of it, get into the top 10-15, and give people a sense of stability -- they'll at least know that MP is on the horizon then.

You could do the same with cryptsy too, by the way.

It's sort of interesting where the coin is. To play it safe, people may wish to get out. Yet coins are so cheap, and if getting on polo (already planned and in the works) + MP eventually pans out, it could really get into profit territory. That is the carrot the devs need to dangle right now, if they want the price to stabilize. That buys you time to do all the normal coin stuff.

XBC is in a similar boat, and they have kept things semi-stable lately-- I'd say primarily because of their community voting on MP and getting the coin into the top 10. It is important to many people.
legendary
Activity: 896
Any chance of using 19 BTC to force us on mintpal?  We're still not on the voting list, but if we're added before Monday and 19 BTC is used, it would put us at the top.
You can't FORCE yourself onto mintpal. You can buy votes but there is no guarantee that they'll add us. Spending almost 1/6th of the IPO proceeds to something that ultimately we have no control over, seems like a bad deal to me. It's better to grow the coin organically and get the community involved in the voting list. This at least shows community involvement and a long-term mindset, which are the foundations to a strong coin and will eventually get Mintpas's notice.

Also, if Bobsurplus is taking the funds and will not deliver on vendors or whomever, will you be taking him to court?
I can't speak for the project as a whole, but I think the answer to this is "no" for 2 reasons:
1) No contracts were signed, we started this entire coin based on trust.
2) I don't think spending IPO money on lawyers is a good idea; that tends to get expensive really fast.

You can force yourself onto mintpal.  They've added the top coin every time even if it was a bad one like ITC.

Your second point is why I want your team to force us onto mintpal.  You guys can just run off with the money with no accountability.  If you get us added to mintpal within a week, at least it will inspire some confidence.  You will have done something that many devs fail to do.

Also, he can be sued and he'd have to pay the lawyer fees as well.  He entered into a verbal contract to work for the coin when he accepted the funds.  If he reneges and doesn't return the funds, he can certainly be sued.

edit: As proof that he reneged on the deal, I have a screenshot and you can currently take one as well of him telling people to sell and saying that he's going to use the funds to go on vacation thanks to kreative, along with the phrase "Viva las vegas."
Pages:
Jump to: