Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 106. (Read 1201324 times)

Activity: 506
Merit: 250
Thanks @riskthebiscuit @bspus @MrSunshine for the clarification im grateful!
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Please vote for Decred listing in Chinese exchange Binance:

https://www.binance.com/vote.html

You need to register in exchange website (email + password)
Then you should verify your email and you can vote. It will take only 1-2 minutes, but will increase our trading volumes 5 times Shocked
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
I am trying to setup a POS ticket with a pool and just wanted to confirm that whilst the DCR are in my wallet, the pool cannot access it? I just want to make sure my funds are

safe before setting up a ticket, as I have never done this before. Also is for the backup is the only thing you need the wallet.db file? Or do you need more files?

Cheers mates!

Yes, the pool doesn't have access to your coins, they remain in your wallet during the stake period, you cann't use them until this period is completed. It can take from 24 hours to 142 days, it depends on your luck.
Sometimes it's possible to have several tickets bought and voted with the same coins within a month, making the profit go from ~2.5% to ~5%, 7.5% per month.

For backup you need only the seed or if you prefer the wallet.db file.
With the seed you can recover in different wallets.
With wallet.db only in an equal wallet.
Hello please i would like some clarity on the percent earned for POS is it percent of coins i own or percent of block mined that i earn? And how does the ticket work is it like a lottery or once i have 63 DCR i can just start staking?

Yes, the current ticket price is 63.04 and the ROI is 2.29%, see current ticket prices and history here: https://dcrstats.com/
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
How big is the current total blockchain of Decred?

Would it be possible to store the blockchain on a external hdd and stake the Decred from there?

thx BR Harry
Please anybody with answers to the questions raised above i am highly interested in knowing also!

You can stake offline if you are staking by pool. If the concept of staking by pool confuses you, you need to read about decred staking because it is unique

If you want to stake solo you need the command line wallet and it needs to be on all the time.

Also in any case you need to buy the tickets (the cost is locking your coins, you don't actually spend them to buy the tickets). Just having coins in the wallet does not lead to staking automatically

The blockchain data on my hard drive right now is about 1.92 GB
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
I have been a follower although not much of a contributor Sad
Activity: 518
Merit: 252

Would it be possible to store the blockchain on a external hdd and stake the Decred from there?

thx BR Harry
Please anybody with answers to the questions raised above i am highly interested in knowing also!

I believe all the answers lie in this very detailed guide created by a reddit user

1) roi=2.23 roughly per tic
2) yes you can stake offline if i read correect

have a read

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/6vljah/how_do_i_stake_decred_and_what_profits_can_you/

ps thanks @EmilioMann I feel secure now staking

thx BR Harry
I am trying to setup a POS ticket with a pool and just wanted to confirm that whilst the DCR are in my wallet, the pool cannot access it? I just want to make sure my funds are

safe before setting up a ticket, as I have never done this before. Also is for the backup is the only thing you need the wallet.db file? Or do you need more files?

Cheers mates!

Yes, the pool doesn't have access to your coins, they remain in your wallet during the stake period, you cann't use them until this period is completed. It can take from 24 hours to 142 days, it depends on your luck.
Sometimes it's possible to have several tickets bought and voted with the same coins within a month, making the profit go from ~2.5% to ~5%, 7.5% per month.

Hello please i would like some clarity on the percent earned for POS is it percent of coins i own or percent of block mined that i earn? And how does the ticket work is it like a lottery or once i have 63 DCR i can just start staking?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo

Cheers mates!

Activity: 518
Merit: 252

Cheers mates!
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Total Network Hashrate now is more than 303 Thash/s. If I'm not mistaken, this is the biggest number since nertwork start.

difficult increase for PoW miners but for PoS stakers the profits are pretty constant  Grin

And that's really cool. It's the most profitable POS that I know. It's hard to imagine the price of a coin in the foreseeable future. The sky is the limit.
legendary
Activity: 1981
Merit: 1039
Total Network Hashrate now is more than 303 Thash/s. If I'm not mistaken, this is the biggest number since nertwork start.

difficult increase for PoW miners but for PoS stakers the profits are pretty constant  Grin
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513

I think too, Claymore dual mining increse this hashrate but the Decred Coin is very considerated
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Activity: 577
Merit: 283
http://bluemagic.info/blog/

Blue Magic Capital adding more Decred

Hehe, good news Wink People start understand that it's better to take a set in this rocket!
Activity: 6
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Hello,

I am lost with so many pages of this thread. I would like to inow if is it possible and profitable mining decred with last genaration nvidia gpu's? 1060, 1070 ang 1080ti?

Thanks

use https://whattomine.com/ put whatever gpu in and it will work out profitability.

6 x 1070 gtx is about  8 dollars a day.

it is better to mine something more profitable and swap for decred.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
Agreed, but don't forget Decred is still relatively young compared to a lot of the heavy weights. Good things need time. I am personally looking forward to seeing what impact would the listing on Binance have if that happens.
Activity: 308
DCR is one of the most underrated coins of all time, it should trade @0.04-0.05 at least
Activity: 22

thx BR Harry
Jump to: