Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 104. (Read 1201324 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
hey can anyone explain me the voting system a bit more?
1) will stakeholders vote for proposals on-chain?? just like hf voting for LN?! that is not clear to me
2) what will the % required to make Proposals pass be? same as for hard forks or different?

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Any information about Evolution tokens? When can we have possibility to trade them?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
I'm trying out the Paymetheus wallet for the first time. The wallet asks me something cryptic about RPC connection and asks for some certificate. What am I supposed to do?

just click on "continue"
Activity: 511
Merit: 250
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
I'm trying out the Paymetheus wallet for the first time. The wallet asks me something cryptic about RPC connection and asks for some certificate. What am I supposed to do?
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Blockchain Marketing: tokensuite.io
I downloaded the wallet and wanted to withdraw my coins from exchanges but the step where you need to enter your seed manually is really a conversion killer. Have you perhaps considered making that more user friendly? I can only imagine the number of users that were put off by that step.

It is a good feature for security. I would suggest you copy and paste it from a quality password manager.

The point is, you can't copy/paste in this scenario.

Still tho, a quality password manager is good advice Cheesy

I believe this is done to make sure people writes down their seed. Might be boring for regular crypto users, but also essential for newbies.

Meanwhile Decred rises. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
I downloaded the wallet and wanted to withdraw my coins from exchanges but the step where you need to enter your seed manually is really a conversion killer. Have you perhaps considered making that more user friendly? I can only imagine the number of users that were put off by that step.

It is a good feature for security. I would suggest you copy and paste it from a quality password manager.

The point is, you can't copy/paste in this scenario.

Still tho, a quality password manager is good advice Cheesy
Activity: 452
Merit: 251

Not unfair criticism. However, it serves a very important security function as mentioned in the thread. There are constant improvements being made to the UI/UX of the wallets. An alternative that you could try is the Exodus Wallet. They have excellent UI/UX that you may find preferable. Thank you for the feedback!
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

Activity: 392
Looking for shmexy coins!
Activity: 15

But it needs to integrate with something to show a real-world usability

this will be a turning point - I suspect when it is first integrated to be used as payment

people can understand this - whereas lightning network and governance are not easy for them to grok now

I understand that webstore integration is being worked on and when the first places start to accept DCR then we should see a lot more attention focused on DCR's other great attributes
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
Dear friends of Decredians, I hope to get good news for our community DECRED, I hope to get ... eheheh ... I bring news soon ... stay tuned ...
Activity: 322
Oddly enough ... I am in the middle of th road on this thought-line. Literally.
It feels time for Decred to do something, and I'm not thinking a full blown media blitz, nor am I thinking wait and make it perfect...
But it needs to integrate with something to show a real-world usability. Show the masses how to use this wonderful toy that has been created.

The proposal system will mark the beginning of a process that propels Decred into taking on entirely new cybernetic properties. Governance is fundamentally a social system at its core. What the proposal system will allow us as stakeholders to do is communicate and control for actions in a formal system. This is significant because without structure, humans struggle to organise and turn their ideas into actions. Directed actions in turn drive societal and technological progress.

The empty promises of fly-by-night operations (e.g., the modus operandi of many ICO projects) fear this point - because it marks the moment real skill and talent find a structure to build on. The moment our structure emerges will be the moment everything changes. Expect it and prepare your affairs accordingly. It's coming.

"without structure, humans struggle to organise and turn their ideas into actions" - This is exactly I am waiting for and I am happy that it will happen... As I mentioned, I think without a leadership no project can be successful. This new feature can give a leadership structure which could work.. I am waiting to see this.
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
It feels time for Decred to do something, and I'm not thinking a full blown media blitz, nor am I thinking wait and make it perfect...
But it needs to integrate with something to show a real-world usability. Show the masses how to use this wonderful toy that has been created.

The proposal system will mark the beginning of a process that propels Decred into taking on entirely new cybernetic properties. Governance is fundamentally a social system at its core. What the proposal system will allow us as stakeholders to do is communicate and control for actions in a formal system. This is significant because without structure, humans struggle to organise and turn their ideas into actions. Directed actions in turn drive societal and technological progress.

The empty promises of fly-by-night operations (e.g., the modus operandi of many ICO projects) fear this point - because it marks the moment real skill and talent find a structure to build on. The moment our structure emerges will be the moment everything changes. Expect it and prepare your affairs accordingly. It's coming.
Activity: 220
Merit: 101
from all I have read DCR is a very sound project with very good underlying fundamentals and a good schedule for improvements

so what it really needs is the exposure - marketing etc

probably the best exposure is when it is listed on exchanges because then people notice it and start to research it.

I also think a DCR/USD cross on an exchange will allow it to expand

Devs have already addressed this.  This project isn't the kind that boasts or makes promises on future developments. All the best improvements to the code base were done or nearly completed before "public" announcements came (unless you follow the github, then you're always in the know Cheesy).  I don't think current market price is a real concern to all those really invested in the project. Like many others, I'd prefer to keep marketing efforts to a minimum. Let the tech improve. Let's get LN running. Smart Contracts. Enhanced privacy solution (stoked to watch this unfold).

Unfortunately this is the attitude of the Decred project as you described... And this is the reason why investors stopped waiting and moving away.
Marketing and PR are at least as important as the tech itself...

If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done.
- Ecclesiastes 11:4

Too many people spend too much time trying to perfect something before they actually do it. Instead of waiting for perfection, run with what you’ve got, and fix it along the way.
- Paul Arden

I'm quite happy to buy into lower prices. No reason to worry about price now. It's already pumped up > 400% over last year. What reason is there to put particular efforts into marketing right now? Better to continue work according to the current roadmap and project plans.

Let's finish that, then the devs can assess the situation again and see what makes sense.

My $0.02 : A new version of OpenBazaar has just been released ... does it still allow other currencies to fork it still ? (the previous linux version failed me terribly, so I gave up playing with it) Putting Decred on a platform like that for now would get it in many more users hands. Even if the platform is replaced by something of Dev's own further down the road, there will be a broader userbase adept at transacting in it. (And you have to admit, at the current price, it is much easier for Newbs to buy in, on a easy platform)
legendary
from all I have read DCR is a very sound project with very good underlying fundamentals and a good schedule for improvements

probably the best exposure is when it is listed on exchanges because then people notice it and start to research it.

Devs have already addressed this.  This project isn't the kind that boasts or makes promises on future developments. All the best improvements to the code base were done or nearly completed before "public" announcements came (unless you follow the github, then you're always in the know Cheesy).  I don't think current market price is a real concern to all those really invested in the project. Like many others, I'd prefer to keep marketing efforts to a minimum. Let the tech improve. Let's get LN running. Smart Contracts. Enhanced privacy solution (stoked to watch this unfold).

Unfortunately this is the attitude of the Decred project as you described... And this is the reason why investors stopped waiting and moving away.

Too many people spend too much time trying to perfect something before they actually do it. Instead of waiting for perfection, run with what you’ve got, and fix it along the way.
- Paul Arden

I'm quite happy to buy into lower prices. No reason to worry about price now. It's already pumped up > 400% over last year. What reason is there to put particular efforts into marketing right now? Better to continue work according to the current roadmap and project plans.

Let's finish that, then the devs can assess the situation again and see what makes sense.

Devs have already addressed this.  This project isn't the kind that boasts or makes promises on future developments. All the best improvements to the code base were done or nearly completed before "public" announcements came (unless you follow the github, then you're always in the know Cheesy).  I don't think current market price is a real concern to all those really invested in the project. Like many others, I'd prefer to keep marketing efforts to a minimum. Let the tech improve. Let's get LN running. Smart Contracts. Enhanced privacy solution (stoked to watch this unfold).

- Paul Arden

legendary

Devs have already addressed this.  This project isn't the kind that boasts or makes promises on future developments. All the best improvements to the code base were done or nearly completed before "public" announcements came (unless you follow the github, then you're always in the know Cheesy).  I don't think current market price is a real concern to all those really invested in the project. Like many others, I'd prefer to keep marketing efforts to a minimum. Let the tech improve. Let's get LN running. Smart Contracts. Enhanced privacy solution (stoked to watch this unfold).

DCR is added to Poloneix and Bittrex already, the major exchanges are covered. I am not sure about any Chinese one at the moment as they are not too crypto friendly nowadays. But would worth a try.
The DCR/USD would be very useful indeed, I agree.  Preferably being in Coinbase where everyone would be able to buy directly using a credit card instead of via BTC. I am not talking about changelly as it is way overpriced.
Activity: 15

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
Waiting for Up trend.
Will the DCR grow ?? When!? Shocked

When the last complainer sells.
Jump to: