Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 105. (Read 1201324 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Waiting for Up trend.
Will the DCR grow ?? When!? Shocked

I would love to say yes, but i am not sure. Looks like since April, with a brief exception in June, Decred's price is just declining. It drop when BTC dump and it doesn't grow when BTC is going up... Now even PIVX is 10 places above DCR.
Decred is a mature and professional project, but something is not working, there is no leadership who would steer the project to upward trend. And without a leadership team, no for-profit organisation ever succeeded.

that is very bad, so - wait that the price will rise at least to 0.01 in the next month makes no sense?(
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Waiting for Up trend.

I would love to say yes, but i am not sure. Looks like since April, with a brief exception in June, Decred's price is just declining. It drop when BTC dump and it doesn't grow when BTC is going up... Now even PIVX is 10 places above DCR.
Decred is a mature and professional project, but something is not working, there is no leadership who would steer the project to upward trend. And without a leadership team, no for-profit organisation ever succeeded.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Waiting for Up trend.
Activity: 105
Merit: 17
Callisto Network (CLO)
https://twitter.com/Jorobg1/status/906039523691433984

" Circulating Supply 5,708,201 DCR coins AND 41.65%-2,552,806 coins are locked in PoS mining! "  Shocked

It's good. Maybe always be so, at least until to reach 21m DCR (2039)
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
We've updated the OP text. Would love some feedback on what can be improved. Mad props to lustosa for helping out on this one. And of course, Eeter for making the graphics!
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
Decred <> Dead coin fake pump dump
I don't understand this skepticism around the decreds, devs are serious and project is important but is like the coin is "dead"

It's how the cycle works when you're a serious project. People have become accustomed to ICO scams full of promises and hype, without much substance. Decred's development activity has been unusually active in the background when compared to other projects. A little while ago I calculated the number of pull requests (collections of code) finalised and merged into Decred's core repositories and it was well over 2,000 since launch. Now that's a weak statistic to base development quality on, but it shows serious activity.

Anyone familiar with the codebase itself can attest to its quality. I would imagine that's why the upstream project (same developers, same core codebase) received praise from the Lightning Network this year: "Our Bitcoin library of choice is btcsuite, the very set of libraries that powers btcd, the full-node implementation which is also written in pure-golang."

If the same code and effort that went into Decred is good enough for them, I'd say we're on the right track. Especially considering the great major milestones on the updated roadmap:

• Public proposal system
  • Stakeholder-directed DAO
  • Lightning Network
  • Enhanced user privacy

Having said all that, it takes particularly skilled people to recognise this and read between the lines.

I just hold my fews decreds and i hope on you and your team, dcr is one on my fav coins  Smiley
Activity: 220
Merit: 101
Having said all that, it takes particularly skilled people to recognise this and read between the lines.

Hodlers ... I think (!?!?) he just complimented your good taste  Wink
I don't understand this skepticism around the decreds, devs are serious and project is important but is like the coin is "dead"

It's how the cycle works when you're a serious project. People have become accustomed to ICO scams full of promises and hype, without much substance. Decred's development activity has been unusually active in the background when compared to other projects. A little while ago I calculated the number of pull requests (collections of code) finalised and merged into Decred's core repositories and it was well over 2,000 since launch. Now that's a weak statistic to base development quality on, but it shows serious activity.

Anyone familiar with the codebase itself can attest to its quality. I would imagine that's why the upstream project (same developers, same core codebase) received praise from the Lightning Network this year: "Our Bitcoin library of choice is btcsuite, the very set of libraries that powers btcd, the full-node implementation which is also written in pure-golang."

If the same code and effort that went into Decred is good enough for them, I'd say we're on the right track. Especially considering the great major milestones on the updated roadmap:

• Public proposal system
  • Stakeholder-directed DAO
  • Lightning Network
  • Enhanced user privacy

Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
I have voted..  Smiley
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
Activity: 368
Did Decred team apply for listing? Binance list coins for only 5BTC, but they need to write a good application text.
It's surprising that none of these Chinese exchanges list Decred yet. Well, at least you have Poloniex and Bittrex.

Hi ekin4,

Just searched the whole binance website and found nothing mentioning the listing fee amount. Only that fees are paid with BnB.

What is your souce for the 5BTC listing fee?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Binance came for a chat into Slack. I guess they said they were negotiating.
Activity: 663
Merit: 505
Please vote for Decred listing in Chinese exchange Binance:

https://www.binance.com/vote.html

You need to register in exchange website (email + password)
Then you should verify your email and you can vote. It will take only 1-2 minutes, but will increase our trading volumes 5 times Shocked

Did Decred team apply for listing? Binance list coins for only 5BTC, but they need to write a good application text.
It's surprising that none of these Chinese exchanges list Decred yet. Well, at least you have Poloniex and Bittrex.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113
There's no need to be upset
Why is the ticket price rising so much the last few days?
Can somebody explain it?

actually it's way more steady nowadays than in the past, after changing the alrgorythm we're having less swings on the price
you can check some stats here

https://dcrstats.com/

EDIT: just seen the rise now. new graph is supposed to have small peaks and come back a bit higher than before if I'm not wrong...
Activity: 434
Merit: 257
Why is the ticket price rising so much the last few days?
Can somebody explain it?
I'll be updating the OP text today and posting in this thread. It's missing lots of new info.
N30
Activity: 309
Please vote for Decred listing in Chinese exchange Binance:

https://www.binance.com/vote.html

You need to register in exchange website (email + password)
Then you should verify your email and you can vote. It will take only 1-2 minutes, but will increase our trading volumes 5 times Shocked

Done!
Jump to: