Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 11. (Read 1201096 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
In my opinion, Decred was always a decent project with a dedicated team.

We can see that the development is ongoing and lately we have some strong moves upwards price wise and that is why I started to wonder what is so special about Decred, despite this what I have already mentioned?

There are other better, faster and cheaper altcoins that already are used for transfers, we have BTC which has found a place as digital gold and safe haven and to be honest I don't hear anything about Decred implementations or use cases?

Community governance sounds very good and to be honest, on this hype Decred makes his way to the top 50 on CMC, but what is the future for Decred?

You didn't say anything about privacy and the lightning network that is already implemented in v1.5 release candidadate1 recently released

EDIT: There is no other currency as safe against attacks as decred.
         DCR is more safe than bitcoin
         The governance system through politeia allows any new feature on market to be implemented if the stakeholders wish.

On-chain governance system works until a motivated minority stops following the majority. Remember, changes in the network are permanent. What happens if there's a group dedicated enough not to accept those changes?

Dedicated minorities don't mean beans for Decred Cheesy Chain splits like what happened with BTC/BCH and ETH/ETC can't happen in Decred (next to impossible). Check out my earlier post for sauce:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52950978

Can't happen? What if there was a motivated minority that didn't want the "new feature" in an upgrade? What if the majority already voted in 1GB blocks, and the minority didn't want it? What if the miners need to change the supply cap to support their costs, and the majority voted for it, but the minority didn't want it?

What would happen to the minority? They wouldn't have the ability to fork, and split away?
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

We can see that the development is ongoing and lately we have some strong moves upwards price wise and that is why I started to wonder what is so special about Decred, despite this what I have already mentioned?

There are other better, faster and cheaper altcoins that already are used for transfers, we have BTC which has found a place as digital gold and safe haven and to be honest I don't hear anything about Decred implementations or use cases?

Community governance sounds very good and to be honest, on this hype Decred makes his way to the top 50 on CMC, but what is the future for Decred?

You didn't say anything about privacy and the lightning network that is already implemented in v1.5 release candidadate1 recently released

The governance system through politeia allows any new feature on market to be implemented if the stakeholders wish.

On-chain governance system works until a motivated minority stops following the majority. Remember, changes in the network are permanent. What happens if there's a group dedicated enough not to accept those changes?

Dedicated minorities don't mean beans for Decred Cheesy Chain splits like what happened with BTC/BCH and ETH/ETC can't happen in Decred (next to impossible). Check out my earlier post for sauce:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52950978
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

you are not safe from the "powers that be" when they decide to nuke you off the map  Roll Eyes  wait for it.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
...The governance system through politeia allows any new feature on market to be implemented if the stakeholders wish.

I know of course about this but still what is the main use case for Decred? And if there is any then who is actually using Decred for this purpose? I hope it is clear enough?

We all know that experts assume that only 10% from all cryptocurrencies will survive in the end and the most important thing for each altcoin, token or any other cryptocurrency is to have a use case or at least to find its place on the crypto market like BTC as the safe heaven or XRP used for transactions because is fast, cheap and scalable.

There are already 3000 altcoins so 10% would be around 30 cryptocurrencies. Only so much will stay and that is why we have to start to ask the right questions and think properly about it.  There are many alts that are dying actually. Let's take all masternodecoins which on the hype of high ROI boomed in 2018 and today almost all of them lost 99% of the value.

We have to rethink if a particular coin is actually still needed at the end of the 2019 year and what will happen with it in 2020 and later?

Just look at all infrastructure projects like ETH, Waves, Wings, Stratis, etc. In the hype of ICO and Dapps building they also boomed but to be honest there are no Daaps which are known and widely used, additionally ICOs market changed and now we have IEO and in 2020 there will be no ICOs anymore.

So tell me please who is using Decred actually today and for what?

Many people, including me, use it as a store of value, just like btc.
But I prefer decred to believe that it will have a higher appreciation than bitcoin in the coming years.
DCR will appreciate in front of the btc, I see nothing that prevents decred from reaching where dash, monero and eth have already arrived. around 0.1 btc.
In addition there are several blockchain projects in the real world that use dcr, mainly in Brazil, such as www.originalmy.com
It is a company that intends to replace the notary's and that serves for general document and patent filings. Originalmy has already been accepted as legal evidence by the Brazilian Supreme Court.
The creator of originalmy is currently in eastern Europe, creating solutions for the Estonian and Latvian governments using the decred and DCRtime blockchain.
In Brazil there are also companies that pay your bills and receive decred.
Soon we will have a prepaid visa card which will be loaded with dcr and can be used in any store .

These are just small examples from the community I created in Brazil.
originalmy.com and its creator have no connection with decred's developers.
He is just a currency investor who has great ideas and has found a way to make money and disclose dcr through currency blockchain.
This is how a consistent ecosystem should be created.
With community action, just as it is with bitcoin.
Expecting developers to do everything, even find use for currency, is the biggest mistake everyone else makes.

EDIT: Some Brazilian companies that use decred through originalmy

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
...The governance system through politeia allows any new feature on market to be implemented if the stakeholders wish.

I know of course about this but still what is the main use case for Decred? And if there is any then who is actually using Decred for this purpose? I hope it is clear enough?

We all know that experts assume that only 10% from all cryptocurrencies will survive in the end and the most important thing for each altcoin, token or any other cryptocurrency is to have a use case or at least to find its place on the crypto market like BTC as the safe heaven or XRP used for transactions because is fast, cheap and scalable.

There are already 3000 altcoins so 10% would be around 30 cryptocurrencies. Only so much will stay and that is why we have to start to ask the right questions and think properly about it.  There are many alts that are dying actually. Let's take all masternodecoins which on the hype of high ROI boomed in 2018 and today almost all of them lost 99% of the value.

We have to rethink if a particular coin is actually still needed at the end of the 2019 year and what will happen with it in 2020 and later?

Just look at all infrastructure projects like ETH, Waves, Wings, Stratis, etc. In the hype of ICO and Dapps building they also boomed but to be honest there are no Daaps which are known and widely used, additionally ICOs market changed and now we have IEO and in 2020 there will be no ICOs anymore.

So tell me please who is using Decred actually today and for what?
legendary

legendary
#mitandopelomundo

Activity: 437
Merit: 258

Name a few
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

legendary
What percentage of all DCR have been mined? I believe Decred's "scaling debate"/biggest test to the blockchain governance in practice would be if to "increase/change the block reward/schedule without increasing the supply cap", or "increase the supply cap".

First pie chart as you scroll down Cheesy
https://dcrstats.com/

Years, and years away. But wait for it, miners will not mine if the incentives to mine, can't pay for the costs to mine. It's economic reality.

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
What percentage of all DCR have been mined? I believe Decred's "scaling debate"/biggest test to the blockchain governance in practice would be if to "increase/change the block reward/schedule without increasing the supply cap", or "increase the supply cap".

First pie chart as you scroll down Cheesy
https://dcrstats.com/
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip
Just announced:

"On November 18, we're launching a US dollar (USD) market for Decred (DCR). Eligible Bittrex accounts are auto enabled for USD trading." - Bittrex Exchange

Code: (LINK)
https://twitter.com/BittrexExchange/status/1194330471385186316?s=19
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

...jy-p (Jake Yocom Piatt) from Decred and jyap (Julian) from bittrex are not the same person

undermines the credibility of your claim, because it is not really known if it indeed is the same person.

Cheesy They are known people

This is jy-p aka Jake Yocom-Piatt from decred

And this is jyap aka Julian from bittrex

SEC targets DECRED criminal enterprise ran by the Asian mafia connected bittrex phishing scammers touted via the darkweb   Shocked BOOK EM DANO!!
legendary
#mitandopelomundo

https://github.com/decred/decred-binaries/releases/tag/v1.5.0-rc1

v1.5.0 first release candidate is out!

If you like to live on the edge and want to try out the latest goodies from Decred v1.5-RC1 look no further!  

Be sure to let us know if you find any issues as we gear up towards a final release.

Some New features:

- This release introduces the privacy features based on CoinShuffle++.
CoinShuffle++ cooperative mixing features are added. Through this process, tickets may be bought from outputs in a CoinJoin transaction. CoinJoin change is not anonymized, and must be isolated to a different account and mixed down at standard amount values.
This implementation of CoinShuffle++ currently requires a central server as a coordination point between all peers in a mix. The Decred project operates a server at https://cspp.decred.org/, and more details about correct usage can be found there. Anyone is able to host their own server and configure their wallets to use it, but for the largest anonymity set it is best that most people remain using the same server.

- It also includes a preliminary Lightning Network implementation by matheusd. Most of the other work was completed by vctt and a new member of the team, bgptr. Many thanks to them for their hard work on this release.
This initial support should give users a chance to experience the capabilities of LN while we can also collect user feedback about how to best improve their experience with documentation or help.
To enable LN support, please set the new option "ln_enabled" to "true" in your config.json.

- Window size responsiveness has been added to most of the pages to allow for graceful change from small, medium and large screen sizes. When in "small" mode, the sidebar is moved to the bottom of the screen much like a mobile app.
When in "medium" mode, the sidebar is collapsed shows only icons. When in "large" mode, the sidebar is fully expanded and all the fields are fully shown.

- Dark mode (tonality) has been updated to have a more thoughtfully compiled pallette of color combinations. We can now start to develop other color modes if users show an interest in such a feature.

- Update Politeia proposal fetching to reduce amount of data that is consistantly requested. Previously, every load of decrediton would cause an unnecessary amount of data to be requested.
Activity: 219
Merit: 30
legendary
#mitandopelomundo

v1.5.0 first release candidate is out!

If you like to live on the edge and want to try out the latest goodies from Decred v1.5-RC1 look no further! 

Be sure to let us know if you find any issues as we gear up towards a final release.

Hey, @Wind_FURY, looks like our shilling worked and somebody decided to buy lots of cheap Decred for staking Cheesy

Haha. I was not shilling. Staking is/was cheaper. Cool

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding Grin But some ppl indeed chose the right time to buy more Decred. I hope it hit rock bottom a couple of weeks ago and we're not gonna see those prices again.

Only the market can decide if people chose the right time. We can only buy the dip, and do dollar-cost-averaging if it dips futher than expected. Cool

Sure, that was only my opinion, I should've added something like "IMHO" at the end of that sentence
legendary
Hey, @Wind_FURY, looks like our shilling worked and somebody decided to buy lots of cheap Decred for staking Cheesy

Yeah, I know, I was just kidding Grin But some ppl indeed chose the right time to buy more Decred. I hope it hit rock bottom a couple of weeks ago and we're not gonna see those prices again.

Only the market can decide if people chose the right time. We can only buy the dip, and do dollar-cost-averaging if it dips futher than expected. Cool

Pages:
Jump to: