Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 8. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
Hello guys.

People usually misunderstanding what decentralization means, thinking on equality.

Most of us, already know that inequalithy is human intrinsic.

The Decred's governance model, put the decision makers under a "skin in the game" set.

This model ain't better, but a different way from bitcoin.

Bitcoin has a tough governance, almost immutable via hardforks when it needs, always creating another coins instead of solving or improving the technical rules.

It could be perfect over decades as SOV, but as a softfork's hostage, some basic implements could be impossible to make, becoming it outdated.

Decred allows HF without creating another chains.

About centralization, new coins tend to be more centralized than old ones.

Greetings.

Right the governance models between BTC and DCR are almost complete opposites. Some say it is a strength of BTC to be almost immutable, but some day a fork may be necessary, and allow DCR to jump near or ahead of BTC. We will see what happens. I own both.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello guys.

People usually misunderstanding what decentralization means, thinking on equality.

Most of us, already know that inequalithy is human intrinsic.

The Decred's governance model, put the decision makers under a "skin in the game" set.

This model ain't better, but a different way from bitcoin.

Bitcoin has a tough governance, almost immutable via hardforks when it needs, always creating another coins instead of solving or improving the technical rules.

It could be perfect over decades as SOV, but as a softfork's hostage, some basic implements could be impossible to make, becoming it outdated.

Decred allows HF without creating another chains.

About centralization, new coins tend to be more centralized than old ones.

Greetings.
Activity: 323
Merit: 19
Hi everyone,

I became interested in Decred recently and I plan to be involved more in different aspects.
I'm happy to see that here on my favorite forum there are 554 pages! It will take me a while to read it)

I think there are 2 aspects which interested me the most Politeia and the "Contributors" part. I recently wrote article about Telos governance experience and I'm going to test Politeia soon, I will buy some Decred today and vote, when it will become possible. I actually planned to vote for MondePR, watched the video on Twitter and decided to vote. It seems that vote is over and MondePR won, so congratulations! 

Also I wrote in "DCR Event" section about 20 March - Blockchain conference in Kyiv (Ukraine), if there might be speaker from Decred, it would be great. If somebody just wants to visit biggest conference in Eastern Europe - fine too, tickets are cheap and we (as media partners) can provide discount promo-code. It would be good, I didn't hear much about Decred here, and only recently discovered that one of Decred Voting Service Provider is from Kyiv as well.

Welcome, I'm sure you won't be disappointed
Activity: 1974
Merit: 350
Hi everyone,

I became interested in Decred recently and I plan to be involved more in different aspects.
I'm happy to see that here on my favorite forum there are 554 pages! It will take me a while to read it)

I think there are 2 aspects which interested me the most Politeia and the "Contributors" part. I recently wrote article about Telos governance experience and I'm going to test Politeia soon, I will buy some Decred today and vote, when it will become possible. I actually planned to vote for MondePR, watched the video on Twitter and decided to vote. It seems that vote is over and MondePR won, so congratulations! 

Also I wrote in "DCR Event" section about 20 March - Blockchain conference in Kyiv (Ukraine), if there might be speaker from Decred, it would be great. If somebody just wants to visit biggest conference in Eastern Europe - fine too, tickets are cheap and we (as media partners) can provide discount promo-code. It would be good, I didn't hear much about Decred here, and only recently discovered that one of Decred Voting Service Provider is from Kyiv as well.

legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
this fanclub isn't any much different

Is the Bitcoin fan club different?
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
You call my arguments "bullshit" but want me to do this research for you... No thanks
Any claims about Decred superiority exist due to ignorance and/or to defraud users, that's about it. It's the same as with most altcoins and tokens, this fanclub isn't any much different. Irrelevant as that may be though, if you don't want to supply information then that is your choice and not my problem.

That's your opinion. Glad you have one Cheesy
This forum isn't an effective place to get conversations with Devs/SMEs. Most people in the crypto community already know this about btctalk...

Visit https://decred.org/community/
or our slack/discord: https://discord.gg/
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
You call my arguments "bullshit" but want me to do this research for you... No thanks
Any claims about Decred superiority exist due to ignorance and/or to defraud users, that's about it. It's the same as with most altcoins and tokens, this fanclub isn't any much different. Irrelevant as that may be though, if you don't want to supply information then that is your choice and not my problem.
Putting this aside, are the people that are "bitcoin devs" still involved in the project or not? That's the only thing that I am yet uncertain of, i.e. need clarifying. Even though I strongly disagree with the used distinction, I still thank you for putting in effort and giving me the information in the post.

I don't think any of the lead devs work on anything bitcoin related anymore. There are some contractors that may work for both projects.
The whole reason the core Decred team left btcsuite development was because they would write what they thought was useful code that was rejected by the BTC gatekeepers to often. Basically they didn't like the BTC governance process, yet loved the idea of Bitcoin. So Decred was born; similar to BTC in it's scarcity but with POW/POS, a development fund, governance ...
I was asking whether they were working on Decred still, these "Bitcoin developers". Your argumentation and all claims about governance are utter and complete bullshit out of which is evident that the Decred team itself is semi-competent at best, but that is something else entirely which I don't want to waste my time on. If the answer to my question is still yes, could you maybe point me out to their Github profiles/proof-of-current-involvement? I'd be very thankful and can finish this inquiry!

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

centralization cartel on mining is obvious...this is unsustainable! :\ devs hodl premine to fix votes.
Putting this aside, are the people that are "bitcoin devs" still involved in the project or not? That's the only thing that I am yet uncertain of, i.e. need clarifying. Even though I strongly disagree with the used distinction, I still thank you for putting in effort and giving me the information in the post.

I don't think any of the lead devs work on anything bitcoin related anymore. There are some contractors that may work for both projects.
The whole reason the core Decred team left btcsuite development was because they would write what they thought was useful code that was rejected by the BTC gatekeepers to often. Basically they didn't like the BTC governance process, yet loved the idea of Bitcoin. So Decred was born; similar to BTC in it's scarcity but with POW/POS, a development fund, governance ...
I was asking whether they were working on Decred still, these "Bitcoin developers". Your argumentation and all claims about governance are utter and complete bullshit out of which is evident that the Decred team itself is semi-competent at best, but that is something else entirely which I don't want to waste my time on. If the answer to my question is still yes, could you maybe point me out to their Github profiles/proof-of-current-involvement? I'd be very thankful and can finish this inquiry!

you even AIRDROP bruh?  Kiss  DECRED is international criminal enterprise ~> * Asian money laundering *

Goldman Saches pawned $DCR via $CLAM fire sale stealing millions of users $BTC Wink reeee
legendary
Terminated.

legendary
Terminated.
There is no fraud here.
As already explained, there is a difference between "bitcoin devs" and "bitcoin core devs" and decred was developed by bitcoin devs, which in addition to many other things used in bitcoin also developed atomic swaps.
Says who? Decred Team and Decred investors because it benefits them?

One of Decred's founding devs, J.C. Vernaleo, also was a NASA developer.
Irrelevant appeal to authority.

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
There is no fraud here.
As already explained, there is a difference between "bitcoin devs" and "bitcoin core devs" and decred was developed by bitcoin devs, which in addition to many other things used in bitcoin also developed atomic swaps.
The first bitcoin atomic swap, performed by Charlie Lee with litecoin, was using technology developed by decred's devs.
Do you know Jimmy Song from bitcoin Core Team?

One of Decred's founding devs, J.C. Vernaleo, also was a NASA developer.
Currently, the currency development is decentralized.
Company 0 has become just one of the companies that develop it.
Anyone can submit a project that will be voted on and if accepted by the community, implemented and the developers paid for the work.
If I'm not wrong DCR has over 200 contributors to the code
If you want to talk to devs you can find they here:

https://decred.org/community/

Can someone point me out to which "Bitcoin Devs" are working on this project as is claimed in the title?
I think at least one of the founders/developers for decred is also the founder and developer for the btcsuite Bitcoin implementation. Jake Yocom-Piatt or something. I think that basically the group of people that developed btcsuite now collectively work on decred, but I'm less sure about that.
Those are not Bitcoin developers, those are developers that developed something for Bitcoin (and/or contributed somehow). Otherwise, everyone even with trivial contributions would be a esteemed Bitcoin developer - boost up your CV the easy way. I have to verify that this is the case though, otherwise OP is misrepresenting the project i.e. committing fraud.
I mean, they produced the second or third most widely used node implemention, which is used by some of the more popular lightning network applications. I don't know whether or not they have commits in the bitcoin core repo, but it seems a bit arbitrary and subjective to say they're not "Bitcoin developers". But I'm not super knowledgeable in what they've done anyways, so I'll let them answer themselves.
That implementation as is useful as me preventing climate-change induced city-wide flooding by using 1 bucket to put water back into the ocean . No, definitely not what I'd promote as "Bitcoin developers". However, it is somewhat understandable to be listed this way assuming that they are in fact: 1) Behind the project. 2) Still involved in the project. If 2) is no longer the case, OP has to take out this claim out of the title and any other places that he controls.

"Bitcoin Fraudsters"  Roll Eyes  lol
legendary
Terminated.
Can someone point me out to which "Bitcoin Devs" are working on this project as is claimed in the title?
I think at least one of the founders/developers for decred is also the founder and developer for the btcsuite Bitcoin implementation. Jake Yocom-Piatt or something. I think that basically the group of people that developed btcsuite now collectively work on decred, but I'm less sure about that.
Those are not Bitcoin developers, those are developers that developed something for Bitcoin (and/or contributed somehow). Otherwise, everyone even with trivial contributions would be a esteemed Bitcoin developer - boost up your CV the easy way. I have to verify that this is the case though, otherwise OP is misrepresenting the project i.e. committing fraud.
I mean, they produced the second or third most widely used node implemention, which is used by some of the more popular lightning network applications. I don't know whether or not they have commits in the bitcoin core repo, but it seems a bit arbitrary and subjective to say they're not "Bitcoin developers". But I'm not super knowledgeable in what they've done anyways, so I'll let them answer themselves.
That implementation as is useful as me preventing climate-change induced city-wide flooding by using 1 bucket to put water back into the ocean . No, definitely not what I'd promote as "Bitcoin developers". However, it is somewhat understandable to be listed this way assuming that they are in fact: 1) Behind the project. 2) Still involved in the project. If 2) is no longer the case, OP has to take out this claim out of the title and any other places that he controls.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

Pages:
Jump to: