Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 9. (Read 1201064 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Can someone point me out to which "Bitcoin Devs" are working on this project as is claimed in the title?
I think at least one of the founders/developers for decred is also the founder and developer for the btcsuite Bitcoin implementation. Jake Yocom-Piatt or something. I think that basically the group of people that developed btcsuite now collectively work on decred, but I'm less sure about that.
Those are not Bitcoin developers, those are developers that developed something for Bitcoin (and/or contributed somehow). Otherwise, everyone even with trivial contributions would be a esteemed Bitcoin developer - boost up your CV the easy way. I have to verify that this is the case though, otherwise OP is misrepresenting the project i.e. committing fraud.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102
Can someone point me out to which "Bitcoin Devs" are working on this project as is claimed in the title?

I think at least one of the founders/developers for decred is also the founder and developer for the btcsuite Bitcoin implementation. Jake Yocom-Piatt or something. I think that basically the group of people that developed btcsuite now collectively work on decred, but I'm less sure about that.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

Maybe not as big a spike, because fewer tickets were sold near top of the ticket prices compared to other times.

Isn't the rate of ticket voting constant? Like, 5/block I believe. Not sure what you mean by sold near the top. /ponder

Yes the rate of ticket inclusion (consumption) is constant but the ticket pool fluctuates. People can choose not to buy more tickets at high prices.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
156.91 DCR for a ticket  Shocked What the hell?
Current ticket price is 158.01 DCR as per Dcrstats.com and I think this will greatly increase in the coming days. It's quite interesting to see that it's only on the 124.37 DCR per ticket last December 4 and now jumped to that number today. What's the reason behind this?

The reason is supply and demand. If you look at the tickets bought on the PoS Ticket Price, DCR chart on dcrstats.com, you will notice ~1500 tickets were bought Dec 6th because the ticket price started going up. This is much more than the average ~700 a day, so the ticket prices spike to average this out. Also with over 51% of all DCR supply staked, there is just less room for tickets.

Yeah, I pretty much understand how the law of supply and demand works. But there were even greater spikes of volume throughout this year which didn't cause such increases in price. That's why I was a little surprised to see such price action. Maybe it's because there's more DCR in the market now, so the same movements happen on a larger scale.

Could be. I'm betting its more due to the pool size being consistently full. Then, when spikes have occurred, it causes the difficult algo to geometrically up the price ->->-> big ass price spikes.

I guess we're gonna see one of these "big ass price spikes" pretty soon, then Smiley

Maybe not as big a spike, because fewer tickets were sold near top of the ticket prices compared to other times.

Isn't the rate of ticket voting constant? Like, 5/block I believe. Not sure what you mean by sold near the top. /ponder
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
Current ticket price is 158.01 DCR as per Dcrstats.com and I think this will greatly increase in the coming days. It's quite interesting to see that it's only on the 124.37 DCR per ticket last December 4 and now jumped to that number today. What's the reason behind this?

The reason is supply and demand. If you look at the tickets bought on the PoS Ticket Price, DCR chart on dcrstats.com, you will notice ~1500 tickets were bought Dec 6th because the ticket price started going up. This is much more than the average ~700 a day, so the ticket prices spike to average this out. Also with over 51% of all DCR supply staked, there is just less room for tickets.

Yeah, I pretty much understand how the law of supply and demand works. But there were even greater spikes of volume throughout this year which didn't cause such increases in price. That's why I was a little surprised to see such price action. Maybe it's because there's more DCR in the market now, so the same movements happen on a larger scale.

Could be. I'm betting its more due to the pool size being consistently full. Then, when spikes have occurred, it causes the difficult algo to geometrically up the price ->->-> big ass price spikes.

I guess we're gonna see one of these "big ass price spikes" pretty soon, then Smiley

Activity: 437
Merit: 258

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Decred v1.5.0 is out!

This release includes a new consensus vote agenda for block header commitments. The vote will activate after 75% of PoS and 95% of PoW have upgraded.

Release notes: https://github.com/decred/decred-binaries/blob/master/release-notes.md
Downloads: https://decred.org/downloads

legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
156.91 DCR for a ticket  Shocked What the hell?

So what? I don't see how it could affect the ticket price. The price of Decred itself, yes, but not the ticket price.
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
Activity: 1708
Merit: 606
Buy The F*cking Dip

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
November's issue of the Decred Journal is out now! Check it out for updates on DEX development, v1.5.0, approval of the Latam marketing initiative, a series of blog posts about LightningNetwork ticket splitting, and packed Media and External sections.

https://medium.com/decred/decred-journal-november-2019-3f4a5d0ad6de

copper member
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
NTX developer
Decred has been listed at https://cointostake.com (staking statistics + monitoring)

Check staking rewards, stats, ROI. POS earning calculator.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
...Atack decred costs 20X more than taking control of bitcoin in a 51% attack...
Honestly, one should be more afraid of the chance solar flares will ruin internet infrastructure before worrying about Decred having a contentious chain split.

Thank you very much for all these detailed answers and all the additional info both of you have provided.

I have asked these questions because the explanation that nobody will fork Decred because of the high costs, somehow doesn't convince me.

We have seen already that in crypto space people are able to lose millions of dollars just to stand up and prove something to someone (hash wars).

You're right, I'm not convinced. Because the in nature of cryptocurrency networks is its immutability. Once forked/changed, everyone is expected to follow, it can't be unchanged. But what about the part of the community who didn't want those changes? Plus what if they're right?
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

No, in my opinion Decred, with its thesis of on-chain governance, will be a failure if indeed a motivated minority does cause a chain split.

Are you a troll?

Don't do that. I'm debating for learning's sake. There are some people in the Bitcoin community who had been saying that "blockchain governance is a joke". I'm simply trying to find answers.

But I'll try to get answers from some of the developers to simple questions, like what if the motivated minority, comprised of miners and stakers, simply refuse to run the Core developers' software, and develops their own, with their own rules?

You have been answered here many times about this question.
Decred devs are no longer coming to bitcointalk for toxicity and trolls.
You can talk to all of them on DCR matrix

https://chat.decred.org/#/welcome

stop spamming your virus/wallet stealer links bro!

===> WALLED GARDEN STYLE COMMUNICATIONS ^^^ = TEXTBOOK QUALIFIER TO BEING CRYPTO FRAUD.

" ===> ACTUAL GOVERNMENTS ENFORCE THEIR CURRENCIES USING FORCE @ THE BARREL OF A GUN.

DECRED DEVELOPERS EXIT SCHEME WHEREAS THEY RUN AWAY LAUGHING WITH ACTUAL MONEY & USERS INFO TO SELL ON THE DARKWEB===>

UNREGISTERED SECURITIES / PHISHING SCAMS LIKE THIS ARE PERFECT TARGETS FOR GOVT. REGULATORS * 

>> WHERE'S MY AIRDROP COINS YOU GREEDY PRICKS!! = WE NEVER FORGET WE NEVER FORGIVE * EXPECT BITCOINERS!! * "
legendary
Point of fact: every "established" blockchain project has their own forum/chat....usually multiple.  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: