Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 15. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 1083
Merit: 503
I really like the user interface of this site. It's not difficult for beginners to navigate. The information conveyed is also straightforward and to the point. Very well developed. But I still look forward to your bounty or airdrop Wink Wink
Airdrop? Lets back to 2016.  Grin bounty? try to contribute here https://bounty.decred.org/  Grin
Activity: 209
Merit: 3
I really like the user interface of this site. It's not difficult for beginners to navigate. The information conveyed is also straightforward and to the point. Very well developed. But I still look forward to your bounty or airdrop Wink Wink
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
Decred just dropped under 0.002 BTC :/

Think that's an all time low on the ratio. If they're building a better bitcoin it certainly doesn't appear that the market agrees with them.

Everyone is always "building a better Bitcoin", from Litecoin to Monero to Dash to Ethereum to Grin. The market disagrees with ALL of them. But, Decred as a software experiment, why not? It's not a failure until the chain splits.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Decred just dropped under 0.002 BTC :/

Think that's an all time low on the ratio. If they're building a better bitcoin it certainly doesn't appear that the market agrees with them.
legendary
#mitandopelomundo

That blog post is 16 months old. Is there a functional Decred dex? A prototype?

It's under development, I'm not following this but you can go on matrix and ask it to a DEV

https://decred.org/community/

Do the devs show up in the Telegram group as well?

I don't use telegram, but as far as I know the devs usually participate more on matrix.
There are channels to track the development of everything, Politeia, Privacy, DEX ...
Slack is connected to matrix, but has been set aside as there is a limit on messages and the past is deleted from time to time.
Activity: 518
Merit: 18
An article on Decred, Raxaxz, co-founder and CEO Jake Yock-Payette, about the beginning of creation and comparison with bitcoins, was published on the bravenewcoin website https://bravenewcoin.com/insights/podcasts/decreds-privacy-flow-building-a-better-bitcoin-and-the-legend-of-satoshi
Activity: 437
Merit: 258

It's under development, I'm not following this but you can go on matrix and ask it to a DEV

Do the devs show up in the Telegram group as well?
legendary
#mitandopelomundo

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

legendary
#mitandopelomundo
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
@gembitz, Are you lost your money and cry on this topic? Stop please, anyway I just agnore you

Guys, How is privacy influence on regulation from the side exchanges and AML, FAFT? Can decred faces with some problems, what your think about that?

I think it will not have much if any impact as it is an optional feature. With cash I can privately hand you a $10 bill, or send you $10 from my bank for all to see.

There could be some problems with trading DCR in certain jurisdictions, I suppose. Although the ability to make private transactions would appeal to some users.

Korea now prohibits its exchanges from trading cryptocurrencies with private transactions. And I think regulators will more and more prohibit this from happening. They want to control everything.
Activity: 437
Merit: 258
@gembitz, Are you lost your money and cry on this topic? Stop please, anyway I just agnore you

Guys, How is privacy influence on regulation from the side exchanges and AML, FAFT? Can decred faces with some problems, what your think about that?

I think it will not have much if any impact as it is an optional feature. With cash I can privately hand you a $10 bill, or send you $10 from my bank for all to see.

There could be some problems with trading DCR in certain jurisdictions, I suppose. Although the ability to make private transactions would appeal to some users.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1062

hm, if that optional feature that really nice  Smiley I will get more attention next time
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1062

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
LOL the fudders decided to make a coordinated attack.
As has been said a thousand times before, but gembitz e jwinterm ignore, the premine was distributed via airdrop to the community and the other half was not for "the developers" but for the "development fund", which is also used to pay marketing, designers, events, etc.

About the vote, you must also have more than 60% of your total votes for your proposal to be validated.
You may have the most votes "yes", but if many of the other people clicked "no" on your proposal, you will need more votes to reach 60% of the total (yes+no).

Please don't do that. Taking the easy way out of the debate by shouting "FUD". Remember, that in Decred, changes/new features that were voted, and hard forked in the network, cannot simply be changed back to the state it was in before.

I believe when Decred becomes large enough, it will also go through the same problems that Bitcoin did, like the "scaling debate".

Anyone else have a reply? Please post them. I'm really starting to believe that "blockchain governance" of any form might not be the solution we thought it that it might be.
legendary
#mitandopelomundo
Next month, decredproject BR will help a young team of students working in the field of robotics to get to Brazil at the Latin American Robotics Competition PINGUIMBOTS , will sponsor their trip

retwitt, please: https://twitter.com/Decred_BR/status/1175523830292451328
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
If you're in SF next Tuesday, come at
Coinbase HQ to learn about privacy implementations with Jake Yocom-Piatt.

https://www.meetup.com/pt-BR/San-Francisco-Decred-Meetup/events/264917644

"coinbase" and "privacy" do not belong in the same sentence!  Roll Eyes  you guys cozy up to the financial police obviously not a privacy loving group. "premine is safu in coinbase"?lol
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
Putting aside the details of devs staking the premine and vote losers still being able to fork away, this was my main point in the previous page:

If Bitcoin used this system then Barry Silbert would have activated segwit2x in like thirty seconds, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. Apparently the market as a whole is skeptical as well that Decred is "bitcoin upgraded" considering it's price versus BTC has dropped by over 50% in the last six months. 

I just don't think the market as a whole considers any "governance" structure as better, whether it's the eth benevolent dictator model, Monero's technocratic approach, Decred richest holders decide, or anything else. Yes, the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent, but I think the market tends towards the best choice, and looking at a time period of 3-5 years now that choice is clearly bitcoin.

True enough, historically! I expect sentiments will shift after Politeia's value is demonstrated a few times over sufficiently 'difficult' or 'controversial' decisions need to be made. Plus, once the Treasury (dev fund) is truly decentralized, and solely ticket holders have the power of releasing those funds, well that will be something special I think. IMO, the self-sustaining feature on this SoV coin will prove itself to be highly-valuable in the years to come.

"dev fund" a.k.a. defense lawyers kids trust fund $$$  Shocked  reeeee
Pages:
Jump to: