Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 130. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
sold everything.

Why. I think it has potential to rise again.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
Is Decred mining still profitable? Or is it necessary to take into account several factors? How locality (price of electricity), availability of materials (parts, machines, etc)?
You always need to consider these facts. Given the right hardware and low E-fees it can still be profitable, yes.
Most mining-algorithms are self regulating and slightly profitable. Otherwise (if it is not profitable) only idealists would mine it or everybody would do it if it's super profitable.
Activity: 617
Merit: 251
Is Decred mining still profitable? Or is it necessary to take into account several factors? How locality (price of electricity), availability of materials (parts, machines, etc)?
Activity: 196
sold everything.
For Dash? xD
My guess places of DCR and DASH will be swapped by the end of 2017.

DCR could easily pull this off longterm.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
sold everything.
For Dash? xD
My guess places of DCR and DASH will be swapped by the end of 2017.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
"Step-by-step walkthrough detailing the issues an average non-technical user faces when trying to work with Decred for the first time"

https://www.reddit.com/r/decred/comments/68lqjs/stepbystep_walkthrough_detailing_the_issues_an/
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
I think decred is not ready for the competition yet.

I think governance can be a killer app if done correct so DCR can be a sleeping giant like some people say.
I like decred a lot and it is a big portion of my portofolio, but im also worried a lot because;

The fundamentals are pretty negative atm if you ask me;
1) miners are dual mining and making a lot sell pressure.
2) Tickets fee are skyrocketing on low ticket price giving the miners a lot of extra fee ever block (approx 0,25 dcr a ticket)
3) A huge rise of x20

Beside that i think also that because all the sell pressure its not even worth keeping the coins locked in POS and that can be a serieus problem.
Cause how can you get democrazy like this. You can lock your coins for 2,5 to 3% but the coin makes swings of 40% in that same period.
That makes is insane risky for the people that buy the coins around this price.

The 28 day on avarage lock is just a lot, would be much better if the tickets where cheaper and the lockdown/reward were lower.

Example instead of 5 tickets 10 will be picked this lowers the waiting time, and lower the reward you get to composate for the same pos supply.

Beside the fundamental i also think there should be more like a aim for the coin. Now its a coin in the middle.
Obvious its mostly focussed on being a payment system, but there are a lot coins out there like that so thats a really hard market to crack.
XEM is a great example aiming for enterprise so at least people know what they need to market.

Ofcourse a coin with governance can go every way that people vote for but first the coin need to get usage so it can increase in value, this is more
important than people know. Think about dev subsidy and developers joining etc.

1) If you take a look at the inflation of bitcoin in its first 2 years of life, you will see that it's similar to decred. IMO it's a way to reward early adopters. From next year, inflation will be greatly reduced.

2) One item in the current vote is exactly to fix that.

3)I love this and be prepared because Decred should value a lot more during this year and next year.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
I think decred is not ready for the competition yet.

I think governance can be a killer app if done correct so DCR can be a sleeping giant like some people say.
I like decred a lot and it is a big portion of my portofolio, but im also worried a lot because;

The fundamentals are pretty negative atm if you ask me;
1) miners are dual mining and making a lot sell pressure.
2) Tickets fee are skyrocketing on low ticket price giving the miners a lot of extra fee ever block (approx 0,25 dcr a ticket)
3) A huge rise of x20

Beside that i think also that because all the sell pressure its not even worth keeping the coins locked in POS and that can be a serieus problem.
Cause how can you get democrazy like this. You can lock your coins for 2,5 to 3% but the coin makes swings of 40% in that same period.
That makes is insane risky for the people that buy the coins around this price.

The 28 day on avarage lock is just a lot, would be much better if the tickets where cheaper and the lockdown/reward were lower.

Example instead of 5 tickets 10 will be picked this lowers the waiting time, and lower the reward you get to composate for the same pos supply.

Beside the fundamental i also think there should be more like a aim for the coin. Now its a coin in the middle.
Obvious its mostly focussed on being a payment system, but there are a lot coins out there like that so thats a really hard market to crack.
XEM is a great example aiming for enterprise so at least people know what they need to market.

Ofcourse a coin with governance can go every way that people vote for but first the coin need to get usage so it can increase in value, this is more
important than people know. Think about dev subsidy and developers joining etc.

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
newbie to decreed, I understand one needs to buy tickets, but where are the ticket prices?

Well, you could see them in the wallet. Or see them here: https://dcrstats.com/
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
newbie to decreed, I understand one needs to buy tickets, but where are the ticket prices?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
buy high, sell low... like all the kikoolols here
Activity: 150
sold everything.
Just thinking to buy some
Can you tell what's the reason ?

Probably bought at the peak of the pump yesterday, then bailed.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
sold everything.
Just thinking to buy some
Can you tell what's the reason ?
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
Activity: 68
Just bought about 7BTC in DCR, i believe in this coin.

Don't forget to stake and vote : )
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
Buyed another 1 btc in Decred, i think this coin is very undervalued  Wink
Activity: 70
I also think Decred will be a hit later this year. It gained publicity thaks to the relatively big price rise, but still a lot of people are not aware of it's capabilities.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
Just bought about 7BTC in DCR, i believe in this coin.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
deCRED is on the road of success  Wink

Now decred's market cap is more than 100 million usd, milestone has been done, congratulations.

Decred will be top 10 on Market Cap soon Smiley

Right now that means 350mil market cap. My, how have all these market caps risen recently!
I think it's not far-fetched to say that crypto is finally going mainstream now. Slowly, but surely.
Activity: 68
People still don't see the hidden potential behind Decred, better then XMR or DASH...

Decred is not a typical simply structure cryptocurrency.  Smiley
What is special about this currency?

The things that matter to me are:

Governance - Decred is the #1 governance coin. The end goal is to let this blockchain govern itself. If we don't like the dev team, we can kick them out. I think that says a lot about Jake and the team.
PoS/PoW Hybrid - Proper balance of PoS and PoW. They noticed the benefits to both and implemented it perfectly.
Professionalism - The documentation, approach, everything... Has been more professional than any other project I've seen.

Product before hype - This is one of the biggest things for me. The team's focus has been on perfecting the project, or at least making it really good, before hyping it up and marketing. For a lot of the investors, this has been frustrating, but I love it.
If you build it, they will come. I think that if you put out something good, it will sell itself... And the less this is advertised while in the early stages, the lower the value stays and the more we can potentially accumulate.

Many other reasons.

I failed to mention... I think Decred will implement Lightning Network before anyone else...
That is going to be insane for the price, but truth be told, Decred, like Bitcoin was back in 2010, is invaluable and shouldn't be looked at relative to anything else.

I hope the team takes a while to do it, so I can get more funds into crypto and buy more...

I've shared this same train of thought for a while now. I just wish my entry to buying wasn't through BTC first...shit's expensive right now! Undecided

Just transfer your money immediately and it won't make a difference... It'll be as though you're buying it directly... The same $100 in USD, becomes the same $100 in BTC, becomes the same $100 in DCR - at present value.
Jump to: