Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 131. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 306
Merit: 250
deCRED is on the road of success  Wink

Now decred's market cap is more than 100 million usd, milestone has been done, congratulations.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
People still don't see the hidden potential behind Decred, better then XMR or DASH...

Decred is not a typical simply structure cryptocurrency.  Smiley
What is special about this currency?

The things that matter to me are:

Governance - Decred is the #1 governance coin. The end goal is to let this blockchain govern itself. If we don't like the dev team, we can kick them out. I think that says a lot about Jake and the team.
PoS/PoW Hybrid - Proper balance of PoS and PoW. They noticed the benefits to both and implemented it perfectly.
Professionalism - The documentation, approach, everything... Has been more professional than any other project I've seen.

Product before hype - This is one of the biggest things for me. The team's focus has been on perfecting the project, or at least making it really good, before hyping it up and marketing. For a lot of the investors, this has been frustrating, but I love it.
If you build it, they will come. I think that if you put out something good, it will sell itself... And the less this is advertised while in the early stages, the lower the value stays and the more we can potentially accumulate.

Many other reasons.

I failed to mention... I think Decred will implement Lightning Network before anyone else...
That is going to be insane for the price, but truth be told, Decred, like Bitcoin was back in 2010, is invaluable and shouldn't be looked at relative to anything else.

I hope the team takes a while to do it, so I can get more funds into crypto and buy more...

I've shared this same train of thought for a while now. I just wish my entry to buying wasn't through BTC first...shit's expensive right now! Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010
deCRED is on the road of success  Wink
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
People still don't see the hidden potential behind Decred, better then XMR or DASH...

Governance - Decred is the #1 governance coin. The end goal is to let this blockchain govern itself. If we don't like the dev team, we can kick them out. I think that says a lot about Jake and the team.
PoS/PoW Hybrid - Proper balance of PoS and PoW. They noticed the benefits to both and implemented it perfectly.
Professionalism - The documentation, approach, everything... Has been more professional than any other project I've seen.

Product before hype - This is one of the biggest things for me. The team's focus has been on perfecting the project, or at least making it really good, before hyping it up and marketing. For a lot of the investors, this has been frustrating, but I love it.
If you build it, they will come. I think that if you put out something good, it will sell itself... And the less this is advertised while in the early stages, the lower the value stays and the more we can potentially accumulate.

Many other reasons.

I failed to mention... I think Decred will implement Lightning Network before anyone else...
That is going to be insane for the price, but truth be told, Decred, like Bitcoin was back in 2010, is invaluable and shouldn't be looked at relative to anything else.

I hope the team takes a while to do it, so I can get more funds into crypto and buy more...

Many other reasons.
Activity: 553
Merit: 509
why somebody no vote for LN? i think many member don't know that can vote for all agendas in one ticket
Activity: 756
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
Another great milestone for the project: 100000+ Downloads of the Decred software. http://decredible.com/2017/05/17/download-decred-software/
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
There's a pump going on atm.
Huge buy an hour ago.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Any update on hardware wallet integration?
Activity: 966
I have coins stuck in my wallet, I can't move them. The wallet is up to date on the latest block.
Activity: 574
True. It can happen in 257 or 40960 blocks.
Activity: 434
Merit: 257
Thanks, so that means that to vote I have to chain down my coins for quite a while, but of course the retrurn is the extra DCR.
Activity: 574
Hannusolo, you need to purchase a ticket. If you do it solo, you need to run the wallet 24/7. If you do it through a pool, you can turn your computer off. Current ticket price is 168.91 DCR. It will fall back to 50-ish. Check out dcrstats.com
Activity: 434
Merit: 257
Stupid question here:
Now I'm only storing some DCR on exchanges, currently I have no local wallet installed. If I install one and send the coins there can I vote, or do I need to put them into staking?
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
Since both votes started and will end at the same block, the different percentages of abstain votes makes me conclude that some people are knowingly abstaining on the LN vote (since the same people obviously voted for the stake algo change).

I can understand the people who abstain on both because they don't know/can't be bothered to vote in the first place but I wonder why someone would abstain on purpose on the LN vote.

Could it be they are trying to botch the vote by not reaching the critical mass of votes? What percentage minimum of non-abstaining votes is required for the voting to be valid? Which btw is a serious issue in itself. Since the progress of the voting is transparent, it can encourage this sort of strategic voting where abstaining can lead to the desired result easier that a no vote

Finally, what valid reasons are there for anyone to vote against such a feature? It's not like there is something else currently in the agenda competing for development resources.
Anyone have day and time for voting completion?
Just looked over DCP-0001 and voted yes.
Obviously yessed LN.

Fan-fucking-tastic job team. Keep it up.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Can I vote already with Evolution? I just seen new option in my account.

Yes, both stakepool.dcrstats.com and evolution.dcrstats.com users can select their voting policy Wink

If you use Stakepool directly, please use your GUI wallet or go to this page to update your votes:
https://stakepool.dcrstats.com/voting

If you use Evolution, please set your votes on this page:
https://evolution.dcrstats.com/profile/tickets

Thank you, Dcrstats! Already set my votes on Evolution page. So, I see that we have more than 98.3% votes for LN integration and 97.6% for Change PoS Staking Algorithm. That's really cool.
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

I like this quote from the article:

Decred is well on its way to becoming the ultimate cryptocurrency. A self-funded coin with an outstanding development team, an unrivaled decentralized governance system and a community that is second to none. If we throw in instant low-cost transactions with LN integration and privacy enhancement on the roadmap – can anything surpass the greatness of Decred?
Jump to: