Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 203. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250
It takes a lot to build but not much to lose
OMG, the reward for the puzzle is already $1,500

https://dcrstats.com/mockingbird

Please help me to solve it, I really need this coins Grin

What is the puzzle? I cant see it
Activity: 630
Merit: 309
Price back to $1.5 look it

I do not think so, the next big update will be February 7 and in front of a lot of good news and many PR from Decred developers. Some price correction may occur, but probably not as big. Decred has a great future and in this year we will see a lot of interesting!

Look for Decred roadmap here: https://blog.decred.org/

Looking forward to try a new GUI wallet Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1006

I do not think so, the next big update will be February 7 and in front of a lot of good news and many PR from Decred developers. Some price correction may occur, but probably not as big. Decred has a great future and in this year we will see a lot of interesting!

Look for Decred roadmap here: https://blog.decred.org/
Activity: 630
Merit: 309
OMG, the reward for the puzzle is rising.
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
Activity: 770
Activity: 378
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
It seems that Decred's going to be in the top 10 market cap sooner than most of us expected. We're going to be surprised.

ready to argue that we will be there by March

Hello. Very nice coin, recently shown a good momentum of the Community ... I wish great success!
Activity: 248
One World
Activity: 910
It seems that Decred's going to be in the top 10 market cap sooner than most of us expected. We're going to be surprised.
Then Decred will come to $13? If you arrive, it will be in 10th place!  Grin
what is the number of  total coins eventually ?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
WOW, a new puzzle with a big news and the prize now is more than $1000   Grin
Activity: 444
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Soon, the new release incoming.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
How come Decred devs have chosen such an UNdemocratic mining algorithm for the POW part?

I know that blake is a near perfect cryptographic algo, but that is not my point!!

ASICs will come (fpga are heavily used already for this algo).

How long do you estimate it will take to develop ASICs for blake? It took years before they were developed for litecoin, and litecoin has been in the top 10 for years. It used to be the number two coin so its ASIC developers were guaranteed a good ROI. Decred has a lower market cap so ASIC developers aren't guaranteed a good ROI if they develop blake ASICs for it.

If I'm not mistaken, Blake implemented in Decred has modifications and is exclusive. An asic for blake will not mining DCR

I believe decred just used fourteen rounds of Blake, nothing really special, just more rounds than Blakecoin or whatever used it previously.

Also, I think technically there are already ASICs that mine Blake. Since X11 had Blake as one of its algorithms, and there are X11 ASICs available, that I believe are at least somewhat customizable because I believe these same ASICs can mine quark and qubit as well, it isn't that far out to think these existing ASICs could already be mining decred.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
How come Decred devs have chosen such an UNdemocratic mining algorithm for the POW part?

I know that blake is a near perfect cryptographic algo, but that is not my point!!

How long do you estimate it will take to develop ASICs for blake? It took years before they were developed for litecoin, and litecoin has been in the top 10 for years. It used to be the number two coin so its ASIC developers were guaranteed a good ROI. Decred has a lower market cap so ASIC developers aren't guaranteed a good ROI if they develop blake ASICs for it.

If I'm not mistaken, Blake implemented in Decred has modifications and is exclusive. An asic for blake will not mining DCR
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Activity: 505
Merit: 252

ASICs will come (fpga are heavily used already for this algo). And yes this is totally fine as well. What is not ok is that a select few will profit from this. = VERY undemocratic
How come decred EMBRACES the next ASIC scams or the next centralized mining farms.

If you are looking foward to the ASIC endgame then chose an algo for which ASICs are already in existence.
The problem isn't ASICs but the TRANSITION PHASE TO ASICs which this coin (algo) will go through again.

While bottlenecked algos (mostly memory hard ones) serve absolutely NO purpose in the mind of devs (cryptographically) they do serve a democratic purpose as in a fairer (nothing is fair anyway) distribution.

After all, Decred is at the bottom of the heart a currency (shhh don't tell the govs), please think about issues beyond coding because some very much can be/are issues IMHO.

PS: The POS implementation is grandiose btw!
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
what is DCR current marketcap again??  Cool

Amazing, Coblee is hyping Decred, and LTC, XMR. DCR is on the way to moon. Congrats guys who have DCR in hand, we will take by satellite.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
Noobie question, what are PoW and PoS inflation rates, are they constant, or do they decrease in later years?
https://dcrstats.com/subsidy

Thanks!
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Noobie question, what are PoW and PoS inflation rates, are they constant, or do they decrease in later years?
https://dcrstats.com/subsidy
Jump to: