Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 311. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 500
This was the big mistake on decred. Launch without a gui wallett.
Everyone who is waiting for a GUI wallet for a price rise is completly wrong.
A gui wallet shoud be launched at beginning.

They spent 3 years on development,it will not make any difference to wait 3 years and 6 months to launch but with a GUI wallet ready.

Am i wrong?

What do you think that investors are waiting a GUI wallet? lol.

We are talking, but it's funny how "crypto expert" trolling about a GUi wallet that will skyrocket price.
So, the best innovation of 2016 on cryptoworl is a GUI wallett for a coin? lol

EDIT: i know many investors that are waiting a GUI wallet to dump airdrop since they are not tech with command line.
So, when GUI wallet comes out, excpetc a huge dump, not a rise.

legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
GUI wallet may not be enough on its own to get things going but it is still a must and it will help.

At the very least it will make things more convenient for current users who want to stake.

Unfortunately that dual miner is doing a lot of damage I fear. So many people who dont want dcr are mining it and dumping it while mining what they really want which is eth

That makes it unprofitable to mine for people who actually wanted to keep it but can't use the dual miner.

Just a few things to remember. The term "dump" is deceiving. Whenever someone "dumps" DCR, there is someone BUYING them, accumulating them.
So there is no damage there. The price is currently very stable, actually it seems to be slowly rising.
We're at an early phase of this crypto- ... let's be patient and see where it goes.
If you believe in this coin, then keep the coins you mine.
If you don't believe in it, then just mine whatever coin is the most profitable at the moment and "dump" it, no?
What's the problem? - Also, I wouldn't keep those ETH if I were you... ETH = lots of vapor and hype IMO.
Activity: 409
Merit: 250
GUI wallet may not be enough on its own to get things going but it is still a must and it will help.

At the very least it will make things more convenient for current users who want to stake.

Unfortunately that dual miner is doing a lot of damage I fear. So many people who dont want dcr are mining it and dumping it while mining what they really want which is eth

That makes it unprofitable to mine for people who actually wanted to keep it but can't use the dual miner.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000
Peaky Blinder
Once the DCR graphical wallet is out with POS voting, the price of DCR will skyrocket

Highly unlikely. Anyone who is interested in it is already buying in or already has. I do not see any new blood coming in especially now that BTC itself is on the move and as a result alts will suffer as always and DCR is no exception.

He can be right if GUI wallet with all annouced features will be released @POLO should list DCR at once and this would skyrocket for sure.

BTW we had reversal on Bittrex, so in midtime we're on uptrend.
Activity: 594
Blockchain entrepreneur✔
Once the DCR graphical wallet is out with POS voting, the price of DCR will skyrocket
We think skyrocket is to much. We think after GUI launch the price slowly doubles to 3 - 4 usd a 1 decred. Thats a normal reaction because a lot of people are going to pos stake and needs some additional coins (ticket price also doubles).

And with a windows GUI wallet Decred become available for the normal people. Now is decred a coin only for the "computer nerds" Grin
Activity: 966

Highly unlikely. Anyone who is interested in it is already buying in or already has. I do not see any new blood coming in especially now that BTC itself is on the move and as a result alts will suffer as always and DCR is no exception.

I could see that major exchanges like Coinbase, Bitstamp, Bitpay, CEX, Kraken, others will include DCR and ETH in new fiat markets.  This move will make DCR and ETH just a liquid as BTC. USD/DCR, CNY/DCR, and EUR/DCR markets and USD/ETH, CNY/ETH, and EUR/ETH markets.  I believe the total market cap of BTC+DCR+ETH=$100 BILLION USD plus is just a few years away. $5,800 USD/BTC, $150 USD/ETH, and $340 USD/DCR
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

Activity: 966
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Anyone have an ELI5 for the first post?

Decred is an early-stage project that is attempting to build a principled platform for blockchain and project governance. Blockchain governance is a complex topic, but in simple terms, Decred will give its users representation in the determination of where the blockchain goes by voting on blocks to achieve social consensus about its future. It is early-stage because right now the software is mostly accessible to users comfortable with a command-line interface, users are still getting to know the concepts, developers are still improving the software on a daily basis, and the necessary infrastructure is still being put in place so voting is accessible to all users.

Project governance, however, is a concept that has been explored more thoroughly. Decred is backed by a group of developers responsible for btcsuite - a suite of packages and tools for working with Bitcoin in Go (Golang) including btcd, a full node, mining-capable, Bitcoin implementation. Decred is also self-funding, which means users and miners can have confidence in the notion that development is active and will remain active. In short, developers maintain and improve Decred, but ultimately it will be up to the collective that has formed in Decred to use its features to decide where it goes - even things like smart contracts are quite easily done in Decred, but right now it's about focusing on the fundamentals so that everyone with interest may have accessible representation and a say in Decred.

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Smart contracts on decred? That's an amazing news!

Well look at Counterparty, it does smart contracts on the Bitcoin blockchain, so naturally it can be done on Decred, too.
http://www.helenabitcoinmining.com/2016/03/17/counterparty-brings-ethereum-smart-contracts-to-bitcoin-blockchain/
legendary
Activity: 2408
Why not wait price ticket go down

Will have your Dcr locked for 40 days for nothing final
Activity: 744
Is Decred online wallet secure? Any feedback?

Let me quote from the FAQ section in dcrdocs, which is currently being completed as part of RFP-4:

The web client is a fork of Copay, so it is as secure as that. The seed (and hence private keys) are kept and computed locally in your browser's local storage and everything is run client-side. The server never has access to any of the private data needed to spend coins.

That means it's not an account service, so it basically uses your browser to act as a GUI.

Ok. Another question is if Decred guarantee 100% anonymity with its Schnorr signatures?

Nobody can answer???
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
lower memorz clock to min, Decred is not taxing memorz, hence the dual miner from Claymore - memory intensive algo + one that is using cache-only
Activity: 409
Merit: 250

At this price and that diff. it isn't even capable of covering the energy bill.

I got 5 GH/s at 1.000 Watt.

What do you mine with? 200W per Gh sounds like too much. What card and hashrate? Maybe you can play around with intensity and settings and get only slightly lower hash rate at significantly lower power consumption.

But at that price of electricity there is probably no way you make a real profit. And I thought my 0.15/KW euro was expensive
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Well you do live in Europe and pay a metric shit ton for electricity. I live in California, which is quite expensive for electricity in the US, and I pay a bit more than half that rate.
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508
wow 10th/s network hashrate..

Seems like there is quite a bit of interest in DCR...hashrate keeps climbing.

It's almost the most profitable coin to mine, and now that there is the dualminer with ETH, which is the most profitable coin to mine, it makes sense that hashrate would rise. I wouldn't necessarily expect price to rise though, more likely to drop as farms and stuff dual-mine and dump.

At this price and that diff. it isn't even capable of covering the energy bill.

I got 5 GH/s at 1.000 Watt.

1 KW = 0,24€

1*24*30*0,24 = 172,80€ Energy costs

Outcome = 2,5 DCR / day

2,5*30*0,0035 = 0,2625 BTC / month

1 BTC = 400€

400*0,2625 = 105 € revenue

172,80 - 105 = 67,80€ loss / month
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
The 3 top world currencies will be BTC, ETH, and DCR they will equal 100 Billion dollars in market cap

when? Smiley
Yup, that's what i was also thinking while watching the price falling.
I brought some coins at a high price...... 0.005BTC per decred. But now all i can do is cry and see the price falling and falling.
Comeon pumpers, where are you now?

If you had taken the effort to learn how to solo stake, you would have mitigated your loses by now, or at least broke even. Of course, this is your very first post, so it's clear you just made this account to post some FUD.
I'm just waiting for my tickets to come in to relieve myself of this bag. It may take a while. Good luck to everyone else. Hope all your dreams come true with this coin.

Asking for pump groups, too - which will only hurt or kill the coin long term. Fuck that guy.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116

It's almost the most profitable coin to mine, and now that there is the dualminer with ETH, which is the most profitable coin to mine, it makes sense that hashrate would rise. I wouldn't necessarily expect price to rise though, more likely to drop as farms and stuff dual-mine and dump.
Activity: 532
Anyone have an ELI5 for the first post?

Decred is an early-stage project that is attempting to build a principled platform for blockchain and project governance. Blockchain governance is a complex topic, but in simple terms, Decred will give its users representation in the determination of where the blockchain goes by voting on blocks to achieve social consensus about its future. It is early-stage because right now the software is mostly accessible to users comfortable with a command-line interface, users are still getting to know the concepts, developers are still improving the software on a daily basis, and the necessary infrastructure is still being put in place so voting is accessible to all users.

Project governance, however, is a concept that has been explored more thoroughly. Decred is backed by a group of developers responsible for btcsuite - a suite of packages and tools for working with Bitcoin in Go (Golang) including btcd, a full node, mining-capable, Bitcoin implementation. Decred is also self-funding, which means users and miners can have confidence in the notion that development is active and will remain active. In short, developers maintain and improve Decred, but ultimately it will be up to the collective that has formed in Decred to use its features to decide where it goes - even things like smart contracts are quite easily done in Decred, but right now it's about focusing on the fundamentals so that everyone with interest may have accessible representation and a say in Decred.

Thank you for this excellent explanation of Decred. I continue to do research and find these kinds of explanations to be very helpful.  They build my confidence in the project.
Activity: 464
Merit: 260

Jump to: