Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 314. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
New miner binaries now available! Updated the OP text to reflect the release. Big thanks to Epsylon3 and Wolf0 who completed RFP-5 milestones that made this release possible! More information in the announcement.

Wow.. Huge thank you! I'll check after 24 hrs but after an hour it looks like I got a 5-10% increase in hashrate and a 100% reduction in rejects.  My rejects were around 1% on pool.mn. I haven't had a reject in an hour.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
I can not understand
Why stupid people did not wait to buy ticket at fair price of 8 to 10 Dcr
And they buy ticket at more high price

Are you stypidfdddd

People probably just opened their wallet with a bat file that automatically purchases tickets and set the max price high or not at all. Not everyone loves this command line terminal and so they take all of the shortcuts they can. The fact that they have figured out how to stake at all, probably indicates that their intelligence is at least 1 standard deviation above the mean. So I wouldn't exactly say they are
stypidfdddd.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Can someone explain me what's the software contain exactly ?

Which software are you asking about? Paymetheus?

I don't know the name ; but I see this word in many threads. Will ingsoc release a software ?
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
I can not understand
Why stupid people did not wait to buy ticket at fair price of 8 to 10 Dcr
And they buy ticket at more high price

Are you stypidfdddd
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Do we have any ETA on a GUI wallet yet?  Also any news on Poloniex add?  I've personally filled in the request form and suggest anyone else on here who is interested in DCR does the same https://poloniex.com/coinRequest - if you don't want to click the link just go to the support section a the bottom of the page and click on the FAQ section to get there yourself.
Activity: 156
Merit: 236
New miner binaries now available! Updated the OP text to reflect the release. Big thanks to Epsylon3 and Wolf0 who completed RFP-5 milestones that made this release possible! More information in the announcement.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

Which software are you asking about? Paymetheus?

No one for my question ?
Activity: 882
Any release date for GUI wallet?
Activity: 594
Blockchain entrepreneur✔
Is there a wallet for DCR available comparable to a usual Bitcoin Core wallet with GUI?

Not yet but supposedly soon. Its still in testing.

Many people are waiting for this. I hope price will pick up when it is released.

You mean Ticket price will sky rocket because a lot of people are going to pos staking with their GUI wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
If anyone is interested in helping the software improve, please share the RPC commands you most frequently use. I just made a post on the forum requesting this information, and to quote from the post:

TLDR: Please post commands you use so that testing can improve and a new RFP can be released to develop exhaustive behavioural tests of the software.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as it will have direct impact.

Code:
start daemon:
dcrd --rpcuser [user] --rpcpass [password]

start wallet:
dcrwallet -u [user]-P [password]--enablestakemining --ticketmaxprice=0 --ticketaddress=[address]

unlock wallet:
dcrctl -u [user] -P [password] --wallet walletpassphrase [passphrase] 0

get stake info:
dcrctl -u [user] -P [password] --wallet getstakeinfo

get balances:
dcrctl -u [user] -P [password] --wallet getbalance * 0 locked
dcrctl -u [user] -P [password] --wallet getbalance * 0 spendable
dcrctl -u [user] -P [password] --wallet getbalance * 0 all

buy ticket:
dcrctl -u [user] -P [password] --wallet purchaseticket "default" [maxprice] 1 [address]

I have each command as a separate batch file with the parameters I want.
I would like a getbalance parameter to show unconfirmed coins too. I know I can calculate it in the batch with [all - (spendable + locked)] but its nice to have natively
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
If anyone is interested in helping the software improve, please share the RPC commands you most frequently use. I just made a post on the forum requesting this information, and to quote from the post:

TLDR: Please post commands you use so that testing can improve and a new RFP can be released to develop exhaustive behavioural tests of the software.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as it will have direct impact.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Anyone have an ELI5 for the first post?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
So what do you suggest me for getting back what I have lost in decred.
I heard people talking good things about decred here and there, so i brought decred from all the bitcoins I was having and now i don't have any left with me for buying more decred at this low price.
So can you tell me how can i get back to what I was having initially?

There are several strategies you can try.
     The first is to learn to use the command line wallet and learn how to solo stake.
     The second is to look for arbitage opportunities between Bleutrade and Bittrex. The risk with arbitage is you may not be able to transfer coins in time, before the arbitage opportunity disappears. To counter this, you would have to have BTC and DCR on both exchanges.
     The third is to try and take advantage of the spread. You can put in an both an ask and a bid. The risk to this is the market may have an extended bull or bear run and you end up having to chase the market.
     You can also HODL, and hope the market eventually makes a turn around.

Thanks for your lesson
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
So what do you suggest me for getting back what I have lost in decred.
I heard people talking good things about decred here and there, so i brought decred from all the bitcoins I was having and now i don't have any left with me for buying more decred at this low price.
So can you tell me how can i get back to what I was having initially?

There are several strategies you can try.
     The first is to learn to use the command line wallet and learn how to solo stake.
     The second is to look for arbitage opportunities between Bleutrade and Bittrex. The risk with arbitage is you may not be able to transfer coins in time, before the arbitage opportunity disappears. To counter this, you would have to have BTC and DCR on both exchanges.
     The third is to try and take advantage of the spread. You can put in an both an ask and a bid. The risk to this is the market may have an extended bull or bear run and you end up having to chase the market.
     You can also HODL, and hope the market eventually makes a turn around.
but what if DCR is 4x what you bought it for in 6 months?

Or 40x. Wink
Jump to: