Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 315. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
The 3 top world currencies will be BTC, ETH, and DCR they will equal 100 Billion dollars in market cap

when? Smiley
Yup, that's what i was also thinking while watching the price falling.
I brought some coins at a high price...... 0.005BTC per decred. But now all i can do is cry and see the price falling and falling.
Comeon pumpers, where are you now?

If you had taken the effort to learn how to solo stake, you would have mitigated your loses by now, or at least broke even. Of course, this is your very first post, so it's clear you just made this account to post some FUD.
I'm just waiting for my tickets to come in to relieve myself of this bag. It may take a while. Good luck to everyone else. Hope all your dreams come true with this coin.

Asking for pump groups, too - which will only hurt or kill the coin long term. Fuck that guy.
So what do you suggest me for getting back what I have lost in decred.
I heard people talking good things about decred here and there, so i brought decred from all the bitcoins I was having and now i don't have any left with me for buying more decred at this low price.
So can you tell me how can i get back to what I was having initially?

Is there a wallet for DCR available comparable to a usual Bitcoin Core wallet with GUI?

Not yet but supposedly soon. Its still in testing.

Many people are waiting for this. I hope price will pick up when it is released.
and yes, GUI wallets are available, you can search for this on the decred forum and get the wallet from there. But the decred developers haven't made the wallet, so there can be a few bugs in it.

Thanks
Activity: 409
Merit: 250
Is there a wallet for DCR available comparable to a usual Bitcoin Core wallet with GUI?

Not yet but supposedly soon. Its still in testing.

Many people are waiting for this. I hope price will pick up when it is released.
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508
Activity: 406
This development dispatch covers work completed since the Decred v0.1.0 release from April 18th, 2016. Since then, developers have merged 18 pull requests of code into 3 software repositories. During this period, a total of 18 commits occurred in these repositories and represent modifications to the effect of 848 lines of code added to and 275 lines removed from the codebase.

A series of RFP milestones were achieved and paid for from the development subsidy. Milestones paid for include (See: Status and Expenditures):

• RFP-3: Port has been completed (limited milestones) (6ae7950)
  • RFP-6: Pool has been successfully tested for 1 week on testnet and configuration verified (x4) (e5bcf90, f9ea04d, e94c540, fc58177)

Binaries: https://github.com/decred/decred-release/releases/tag/v0.1.1

dcrd
  • Added a check to disallow by default transactions to be broadcast if the fee per kilobyte is 100x above the minimum (0.01 DCR). This check does not affect other incoming transactions to the node, it only checks transactions going out of the node (124-b7e88f4)
  • Added a new RPC command called ticketfeeinfo to provide statistical information about ticket fees per kilobyte for the mempool, recent blocks, and recent difficulty windows (132-41abd20)
  • Updated fee calculation (125-a5ca12f), error handling (127-82a0e17), documentation (128-fd40243), and versioning (136-4f8ad73)

dcrwallet
  • Fixed the build when using newer versions of the gRPC packages (189-3f411f0)
  • Isolated the address pool to prevent excessive address creation (192-4e689d6)
  • Fixed an issue where the purchaseticket RPC command would fail if the ticket address or pool address was undeclared, not allowing the user to set the ticket expiry if either was absent (198-0740964)
  • Added ability to change the ticket autopurchase frequency and changed the frequency to a default of 1 (can be changed with the command-line argument --ticketbuyfreq=) (201-823bddb)
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Paymetheus from starting properly (203-b28ae9a)
  • Updated dust calculation (193-df0af6e), fee calculation (194-5d77ddb), documentation (195-2a1e04c, 208-0bcc487), index scan length (196-38cdae0), user prompts (202-8ed9a8c), and versioning (209-c5e47fb)

dcrrpcclient

Suprnova has been updated
thanks for update.
now working smoothly
Activity: 539
Merit: 500
Something is wrong with suprnova stratum or it's only for me ?

Looks good here, what problem have you got ?

disconnect

It seems to be back now  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Looks good here, what problem have you got ?
Activity: 539

Activity: 952
Don't mind how is possible that from the launch date, DCR still not have is own wallet!!
Activity: 462
This development dispatch covers work completed since the Decred v0.1.0 release from April 18th, 2016. Since then, developers have merged 18 pull requests of code into 3 software repositories. During this period, a total of 18 commits occurred in these repositories and represent modifications to the effect of 848 lines of code added to and 275 lines removed from the codebase.

A series of RFP milestones were achieved and paid for from the development subsidy. Milestones paid for include (See: Status and Expenditures):

• RFP-6: Pool has been successfully tested for 1 week on testnet and configuration verified (x4) (e5bcf90, f9ea04d, e94c540, fc58177)

dcrd
  • Added a check to disallow by default transactions to be broadcast if the fee per kilobyte is 100x above the minimum (0.01 DCR). This check does not affect other incoming transactions to the node, it only checks transactions going out of the node (124-b7e88f4)
  • Added a new RPC command called ticketfeeinfo to provide statistical information about ticket fees per kilobyte for the mempool, recent blocks, and recent difficulty windows (132-41abd20)
  • Updated fee calculation (125-a5ca12f), error handling (127-82a0e17), documentation (128-fd40243), and versioning (136-4f8ad73)

dcrwallet
  • Fixed an issue where the purchaseticket RPC command would fail if the ticket address or pool address was undeclared, not allowing the user to set the ticket expiry if either was absent (198-0740964)
  • Added ability to change the ticket autopurchase frequency and changed the frequency to a default of 1 (can be changed with the command-line argument --ticketbuyfreq=) (201-823bddb)
  • Updated dust calculation (193-df0af6e), fee calculation (194-5d77ddb), documentation (195-2a1e04c, 208-0bcc487), index scan length (196-38cdae0), user prompts (202-8ed9a8c), and versioning (209-c5e47fb)

dcrrpcclient

Thanks for the update mate. Volume is not impressing right now but I'm confident
Activity: 700
The 3 top world currencies will be BTC, ETH, and DCR they will equal 100 Billion dollars in market cap

And XRP, LISK...
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508
What's going on with the new version of cgminer?
Any news or did I miss the launch?
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
Hi, I keep getting the "Error querying the blockchain" whenever I try to withdraw some DCR from the web wallet. It's been like this for over two days, after withdrawing a few coins to bittrex. It's getting ridiculous Sad

So I went and downloaded the latest binary for Windows, followed the specs to the exact letter from the front page sticky thread, imported the seed key from the web wallet, and it keeps telling me my balance is zero and that it can't create a wallet address

-4: Address pools for account 0 are undeclared

Any help, please? Preferably ELI5 for the web wallet

which unit did you try it, dbits or DCR?
try it with dcr if you are on dbits.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Hi, I keep getting the "Error querying the blockchain" whenever I try to withdraw some DCR from the web wallet. It's been like this for over two days, after withdrawing a few coins to bittrex. It's getting ridiculous Sad

So I went and downloaded the latest binary for Windows, followed the specs to the exact letter from the front page sticky thread, imported the seed key from the web wallet, and it keeps telling me my balance is zero and that it can't create a wallet address

-4: Address pools for account 0 are undeclared

Any help, please? Preferably ELI5 for the web wallet
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

dcrd

dcrwallet

dcrrpcclient

Suprnova has been updated
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

A currency is a currency. It doesn't need to be something other than a currency.
The only question is, if a crypto-currency offers any significant improvements over the Bitcoin crypto-currency in two fields:
1) tech;
2) governance.
Does Decred offer improvements in both fields: this is a matter of opinion of course, but my opinion is that yes, it does.
We can discuss those two points if you want. But a currency doesn't need to have a "target audience".
Only "scam/shit-coins" do that... "A coin for Trump supporters" - "A coin for My Little Pony enthusiasts" etc.
Or maybe I don't get what you mean exactly by "target audience"?

The target audience is anybody who wants to transfer money from A to B without wanting (to rely on) third-party interference.
That is potentially everyone, if they understand the advantage of this and are able to use the technology in day to day life.

Decred doesn't compete with Counterparty (or Ethereum, Lisk etc.) and related blockchain technolgies so it would be like comparing apples and oranges.

Decred doesn't try to invent something new but improve on the original Bitcoin decentralized crypto-currency idea. Or rather return to the original idea more authentically since we went through the Bitcoin experience and now we're in a better position to have ideas about what are the good and the bad parts about the way BTC is run.

At least that's how I see it, and why I believe in the project.

This is all fine but there needs to be a driver for mass adoption of Decred and I don't quite see what the driver is going to be. If bitcoin infrastructure is going to technically collapse and ethereum proves to be technical utopia may be.  If one currency/infrastructure already has mass adoption you could copy and improve on it all day long but its not going to trigger mass adoption for you. Paypal had to give out 80 million dollars of real cash to people to get the initial use base. Ethereum spectacular rise was financed by bitcoin owners and when people sell ETH BTC goes up because this money simply moves back. For the same thing to happen to DCR it has to have unique sex appeal which I just don't see so far. Technical improvements and improved goverance is not gonna do it, sorry guys I don't buy it. But I may be wrong please convince me otherwise. I like the Claymore miner that mines DCR without reducing the speed of ETH mining. I wonder who the developer is and why he believes in DCR so much to spend time developing it. Anybody has some info on him ?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Activity: 156
Merit: 236

dcrd

dcrwallet

dcrrpcclient
Activity: 90
My balance is 160, but I can not send 100 out ?

-32603: -22: TX rejected: tried to spend zero value output from input 693439b152
a77da09929273f2b73647fb476b80b17df30b28277762c91047c68, idx 2

why??
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828

when? Smiley
I brought some coins at a high price...... 0.005BTC per decred. But now all i can do is cry and see the price falling and falling.

If you had taken the effort to learn how to solo stake, you would have mitigated your loses by now, or at least broke even. Of course, this is your very first post, so it's clear you just made this account to post some FUD.
I'm just waiting for my tickets to come in to relieve myself of this bag. It may take a while. Good luck to everyone else. Hope all your dreams come true with this coin.

Activity: 67

when? Smiley
Jump to: