Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 313. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
What's going on with suprnova?... I'm recently more off- than online....

Anyone here knows a good pool which has a better availability and less downtime?

It should be fine since a few hours, it's currently getting ddosed pretty heavily but I've listed most of the other pools on the frontpage of suprnova like posted earlier

Cause everyone wants decred.
Price will rise x10

Don't talk such crap... DCR is almost dead...
I'm just mining for fun. But everyone knows that DCR will never be successful.
Price is dropping same as the volume... and it won't ever change.

Ok, so who buys?

Stupid ppl who doesn't have basic economy knowledge and don't realize that DCR is already dead before it started.

What kind of "basic economy knowledge" are we lacking (supposedly), let's hear a little about it?
My investment in DCR so far has been lucrative. As a matter of fact, my investment has doubled.
 How does your brilliant economic theory account for that, do tell?

The basic knowledge that people don't sit in threads just to warn people about losing money because they have a heart of gold, quite the opposite. They do it because they're trying to scare the price down and buy; this means that they believe that it will rise, and actually trying to make others lose money, while appearing to be concerned for them. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
Certainly I am not arguing either that 50 dcr per ticket is a bad deal per se.
But with only a little observation one can see the pattern in prices and realize that waiting a few days at most can lead in getting anywhere from 2 to 5 times more tickets.

It makes no sense at all to choose to pay the higher price or at least I fail to find a single good reason to do so. My guess is that they don't really know what they are doing. Perhaps they are not even aware of decred stats site

I don't even own 50 coins anymore. So it isn't me purchasing them.  Cheesy
Activity: 409
Merit: 250
Certainly I am not arguing either that 50 dcr per ticket is a bad deal per se.
But with only a little observation one can see the pattern in prices and realize that waiting a few days at most can lead in getting anywhere from 2 to 5 times more tickets.

It makes no sense at all to choose to pay the higher price or at least I fail to find a single good reason to do so. My guess is that they don't really know what they are doing. Perhaps they are not even aware of decred stats site
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

People probably just opened their wallet with a bat file that automatically purchases tickets and set the max price high or not at all. Not everyone loves this command line terminal and so they take all of the shortcuts they can. The fact that they have figured out how to stake at all, probably indicates that their intelligence is at least 1 standard deviation above the mean. So I wouldn't exactly say they are
stypidfdddd.

Well, if they got the batch files from someplace and did not even care to change the parameters they are not exactly smart either.

If the had no max price ( 0 ) then they could only buy tickets manually which is probably the best thing to do.

I cannot understand how anyone at all buys tickets at 50 price.

I'm not making a case for buying tickets for higher than required to, but in fairness even at 50DCR per ticket you are earning an average compounding annual interest rate of around 47%, that compounds about 13 times annually. Not exactly a terrible earning compared to fiat investments or most other cryptos.  I wouldn't characterize someone who settles for that kind of interest rate
stypidfdddd.
either.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Not to say that those arguments are entirely without reasoning, but there's some wild predictions being claimed as the certain future there, lacking any substantive evidence whatsoever. Were can I get one of them crystal balls please?  Grin

With a solid business foundation you don't need the crystal ball as much but agreed it's all a gamble;)
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Not to say that those arguments are entirely without reasoning, but there's some wild predictions being claimed as the certain future there, lacking any substantive evidence whatsoever. Were can I get one of them crystal balls please?  Grin
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Real transactional volume is going to be on permissioned blockchains, all public ones will become heavily regulated and the rest is going to be used by darknet. This is the future like it or not. Few currencies is really enough. From my perspective even one is enough.  Businesses don't really want to duplicate infrastructure to support new currency.  People can pay with bitcoins and that is enough unless the network is going to go down completely the chances of which is quite slim.
I guess nobody wants to discuss the business case for Decred ? People seem to be stuck on technical stuff. The mining is working fine but you don't even get a dollar per card per day. I'm just wondering what others base their belief that its going to take of on ?

I don't see that a particular business case is needed. People have long debated what the business case for Bitcoin is, and the jury is not out on that one yet... What is most distinguishing with Decred, is in effect the technical stuff.

Once the comprehensive voting infrastructure is built (beyond voting on PoW), development funding and direction is effectively decentralized. This is unique and truly powerful, especially on a platform that is largely similar to Bitcoin but with a lot of technical improvements to begin with. But since you don't seem to care much about the technical stuff, I don't expect any of this to resonate...

Note: I do believe that a particular business case is sometimes useful and valuable, however I don't think that one is always fundamentally required. If you look at the majority of the popular altcoins (say for example a top50, by what I suppose most people would define as popular, some sort of combination of market cap along with sustained trade volume), you'll find that business cases are largely absent, barring a couple of exceptions.

As a former real time software developer I could understand and appreciate technical stuff.  But what I really want to understand is what is going to trigger massive move from bitcoin to decred. How critical are these improvements ? If somebody could give real examples I would really appreciate it. For example 1000 people and 100 companies using bitcoin today are asking for these and can't live without it.

Bitcoin price and success is mostly supported by darknet and Chinese. There is some real demand for it for legitimate transactions but its secondary. Ethereum rise is supported by bitcoin holders wanting to get rich on another rally.  Who is going to buy decred and for what puproses ? I'm willing to participate but I'd like to see some added value first.
legendary
Activity: 952
I don't see that a particular business case is needed. People have long debated what the business case for Bitcoin is, and the jury is not out on that one yet... What is most distinguishing with Decred, is in effect the technical stuff.

Once the comprehensive voting infrastructure is built (beyond voting on PoW), development funding and direction is effectively decentralized. This is unique and truly powerful, especially on a platform that is largely similar to Bitcoin but with a lot of technical improvements to begin with. But since you don't seem to care much about the technical stuff, I don't expect any of this to resonate...

Note: I do believe that a particular business case is sometimes useful and valuable, however I don't think that one is always fundamentally required. If you look at the majority of the popular altcoins (say for example a top50, by what I suppose most people would define as popular, some sort of combination of market cap along with sustained trade volume), you'll find that business cases are largely absent, barring a couple of exceptions.

That was true in 2013/2014 when most of the altcoins that have survived were created but it is a fallacy to compare the situation now with then.  Sooner or later a business model will be required.  I am hoping that DCR will have enough community support to survive until then. 
legendary
Activity: 1154
I guess nobody wants to discuss the business case for Decred ? People seem to be stuck on technical stuff. The mining is working fine but you don't even get a dollar per card per day. I'm just wondering what others base their belief that its going to take of on ?

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Any new update of gui wallet.
Activity: 27
If anyone is interested in helping the software improve, please share the RPC commands you most frequently use. I just made a post on the forum requesting this information, and to quote from the post:

TLDR: Please post commands you use so that testing can improve and a new RFP can be released to develop exhaustive behavioural tests of the software.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as it will have direct impact.

Code:
dcrwallet -u [user] -P [pass] --dcrdusername=[user] --dcrdpassword=[pass] --walletpass=[passphrase] --enablestakemining --balancetomaintain=0 --ticketmaxprice=0 --ticketaddress=[address] --reuseaddresses
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet walletpassphrase [passphrase] 0
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet getbalance "*" 0 all
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet getbalance "*" 0 spendable
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet getbalance "*" 0 locked
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet purchaseticket default 10
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet getstakeinfo
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet setticketfee 0.01
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet settxfee 0.01
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet setticketmaxprice 0
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet setbalancetomaintain 0
dcrctl -u [user] -P [pass] --wallet consolidate 99999 default
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder
New miner binaries now available! Updated the OP text to reflect the release. Big thanks to Epsylon3 and Wolf0 who completed RFP-5 milestones that made this release possible! More information in the announcement.

Wow.. Huge thank you! I'll check after 24 hrs but after an hour it looks like I got a 5-10% increase in hashrate and a 100% reduction in rejects.  My rejects were around 1% on pool.mn. I haven't had a reject in an hour.  Cheesy

What is your hashrate?
legendary
Activity: 1151

People probably just opened their wallet with a bat file that automatically purchases tickets and set the max price high or not at all. Not everyone loves this command line terminal and so they take all of the shortcuts they can. The fact that they have figured out how to stake at all, probably indicates that their intelligence is at least 1 standard deviation above the mean. So I wouldn't exactly say they are
stypidfdddd.

Well, if they got the batch files from someplace and did not even care to change the parameters they are not exactly smart either.

If the had no max price ( 0 ) then they could only buy tickets manually which is probably the best thing to do.

Well, ask yourself, why samples are with high-price tickets Cheesy
Activity: 409
Merit: 250

stypidfdddd.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
legendary
Activity: 1151
weird thing with new miner versions

ccminer works fine.
cgminer won't connect to stratum ports of pool.mn and suprnova :S

cgminer still not supporting stratum?!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
I can not understand
Why stupid people did not wait to buy ticket at fair price of 8 to 10 Dcr
And they buy ticket at more high price

Are you stypidfdddd

stupid like concert people ? :p or iphone buyers ? :p
Activity: 5
The new miner works flawless for me, too!

I am really happy to see progress in the development of decred. Developers went from alpha to beta status with their latest release of the decred software. There is an awesome progress and it`s a pleasure to see the RFP development starting so early, also talented and motivated people can help making it a success. I came to this forum to see discussions of the people about the decred coin for the first time today and i am wondering why a lot of people are so uneasy about the actual state of the software.

Decred is on mainnet, but the software is still in beta status. A lot of changes happening right now, developers have a huge output on a daily basis, simultaneously they pay community members for developing on the RFP programs, which is awesome and speed up the progress. There will be great features coming up!

First stakepools operating on mainnet, stakepool software currently gets his finish up, i feel stakepools are pretty close and will arrive very soon for the public.

Hybridizing PoW and PoS brings a whole new concept and is definitely a game changer! No more 51% problem, real governance possible trough votings by the stakeholders!

If anyone is telling that transactions are slow,  Roll Eyes then you ain`t transfered some decreds yet my friend! Sadly a lot of the discussions in here are just about polo or bittrex, gui wallet and why the price is not the same as yesterday. A lot of big mouth talk, speculations and philosophize. Most sadly some people also try to manipulate peoples stance by lying and wrong predictions on purpose, just for their own advantages.

It`s a new concept working with 3 binarys only in Cli, so the software is not widespread. This is reflected by the demand on the exchanges of course. Most people just have to wait until the GUi is there and stuff is idiot proof. Right now it is for early adaptors! But if you feel decred is dead before it started, than my friend, you did not understand the innovation, motivation, uniqueness and concept behind decred or you just a bad lobbyist who is obvious like cutlet in aspic.

Jump to: