Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 316. (Read 1201327 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
The 3 top world currencies will be BTC, ETH, and DCR they will equal 100 Billion dollars in market cap

when? Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
The 3 top world currencies will be BTC, ETH, and DCR they will equal 100 Billion dollars in market cap
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
Decreed and Thecreed are boths doing well.

It seems "TheCreed" stole the name from Decred (and some other things as well). Please don't put the two in the same category, they are not related in any way.

One thing I wanted to add is that the added value of Decred will come even more in the future because of the RFP model.
Activity: 882
Decreed and Thecreed are boths doing well.
legendary
Hello everybody, I've read the introduction and unfortunately I don't have time to read the entire thread right now. My question is following is there any information anywhere on what would be the business case for Decred. I see a lot of info on technical stuff but I'm curious about the business side. Who is the project targeted for, who are the end users, what are the typical use cases so to say and what is unique about Decred to make it really stand out from other blockchains and currrencies that seem to pop up right now like mushrooms after the rain ? I don't know about others but I just don't mine anything without fundamental understanding of everything behind the currency. The information given in the introduction is clearly not enough. This on the other hand was very informative for me
http://www.coindesk.com/morgan-stanley-positions-stock-medium-term-blockchain-earnings/
Being in charge of foreign markets business development for the third largest money transfer company in the world i really understand what Morgan Stanley analysts  are coming from predicting the future of blockchains. Whether we like it or not the future is for permissioned blockchains as a mainstream financial/settelement related instrument and some public blockchains with what I see to be quite limited uses just because nothing in the world could really go mainstream totally bypassing legislation/compliance/kyc and therefore governments. I want to be wrong on this, I really do. But please tell me more about Decred. I'm sure combining PoW with PoS isn't enough to make it succeed. Lots of respect for ehtical approach to development and self funding so to say, but that again isn't enough.

A currency is a currency. It doesn't need to be something other than a currency.
The only question is, if a crypto-currency offers any significant improvements over the Bitcoin crypto-currency in two fields:
1) tech;
2) governance.
Does Decred offer improvements in both fields: this is a matter of opinion of course, but my opinion is that yes, it does.
We can discuss those two points if you want. But a currency doesn't need to have a "target audience".
Only "scam/shit-coins" do that... "A coin for Trump supporters" - "A coin for My Little Pony enthusiasts" etc.
Or maybe I don't get what you mean exactly by "target audience"?

The target audience is anybody who wants to transfer money from A to B without wanting (to rely on) third-party interference.
That is potentially everyone, if they understand the advantage of this and are able to use the technology in day to day life.

Decred doesn't compete with Counterparty (or Ethereum, Lisk etc.) and related blockchain technolgies so it would be like comparing apples and oranges.

Decred doesn't try to invent something new but improve on the original Bitcoin decentralized crypto-currency idea. Or rather return to the original idea more authentically since we went through the Bitcoin experience and now we're in a better position to have ideas about what are the good and the bad parts about the way BTC is run.

At least that's how I see it, and why I believe in the project.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Hello everybody, I've read the introduction and unfortunately I don't have time to read the entire thread right now. My question is following is there any information anywhere on what would be the business case for Decred. I see a lot of info on technical stuff but I'm curious about the business side. Who is the project targeted for, who are the end users, what are the typical use cases so to say and what is unique about Decred to make it really stand out from other blockchains and currrencies that seem to pop up right now like mushrooms after the rain ? I don't know about others but I just don't mine anything without fundamental understanding of everything behind the currency. The information given in the introduction is clearly not enough. This on the other hand was very informative for me
http://www.coindesk.com/morgan-stanley-positions-stock-medium-term-blockchain-earnings/
Being in charge of foreign markets business development for the third largest money transfer company in the world i really understand what Morgan Stanley analysts  are coming from predicting the future of blockchains. Whether we like it or not the future is for permissioned blockchains as a mainstream financial/settelement related instrument and some public blockchains with what I see to be quite limited uses just because nothing in the world could really go mainstream totally bypassing legislation/compliance/kyc and therefore governments. I want to be wrong on this, I really do. But please tell me more about Decred. I'm sure combining PoW with PoS isn't enough to make it succeed. Lots of respect for ehtical approach to development and self funding so to say, but that again isn't enough.

Everything same as BTC, but with the addition of this:

https://dcrstats.com/articles/understanding-the-value-of-the-decred-dcr-system

So far, the "value" of these things is.... ~$1.60/dcr. Cheesy
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Accumulation phase. This is because there are some great news incoming.
YES hopethe price increases , it seems too low atm.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Being in charge of foreign markets business development for the third largest money transfer company in the world i really understand what Morgan Stanley analysts  are coming from predicting the future of blockchains. Whether we like it or not the future is for permissioned blockchains as a mainstream financial/settelement related instrument and some public blockchains with what I see to be quite limited uses just because nothing in the world could really go mainstream totally bypassing legislation/compliance/kyc and therefore governments. I want to be wrong on this, I really do. But please tell me more about Decred. I'm sure combining PoW with PoS isn't enough to make it succeed. Lots of respect for ehtical approach to development and self funding so to say, but that again isn't enough.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder
Why setting another POS pools is so difficult?

Activity: 1308
Merit: 508
What's going on with suprnova?... I'm recently more off- than online....

Anyone here knows a good pool which has a better availability and less downtime?

It should be fine since a few hours, it's currently getting ddosed pretty heavily but I've listed most of the other pools on the frontpage of suprnova like posted earlier

Cause everyone wants decred.
Price will rise x10

Don't talk such crap... DCR is almost dead...
I'm just mining for fun. But everyone knows that DCR will never be successful.
Price is dropping same as the volume... and it won't ever change.

Ok, so who buys?

Stupid ppl who doesn't have basic economy knowledge and don't realize that DCR is already dead before it started.

What kind of "basic economy knowledge" are we lacking (supposedly), let's hear a little about it?
My investment in DCR so far has been lucrative. As a matter of fact, my investment has doubled.
 How does your brilliant economic theory account for that, do tell?

The basic knowledge that people don't sit in threads just to warn people about losing money because they have a heart of gold, quite the opposite. They do it because they're trying to scare the price down and buy; this means that they believe that it will rise, and actually trying to make others lose money, while appearing to be concerned for them. Tongue

I have never bought and I will never buy DCR due to the fact that the price is dropping since weeks.

And that's why you're still here. Whining about it.

No, I'm here because it's my hobby and mining(hardware) is fun for me.
I'm just not as stupid to think that it will ever pay off.

Anyone here knows a good pool which has a better availability and less downtime?

It should be fine since a few hours, it's currently getting ddosed pretty heavily but I've listed most of the other pools on the frontpage of suprnova like posted earlier

Price will rise x10

Ok, so who buys?

Stupid ppl who doesn't have basic economy knowledge and don't realize that DCR is already dead before it started.

What kind of "basic economy knowledge" are we lacking (supposedly), let's hear a little about it?
My investment in DCR so far has been lucrative. As a matter of fact, my investment has doubled.

The basic knowledge that people don't sit in threads just to warn people about losing money because they have a heart of gold, quite the opposite. They do it because they're trying to scare the price down and buy; this means that they believe that it will rise, and actually trying to make others lose money, while appearing to be concerned for them. Tongue

I have never bought and I will never buy DCR due to the fact that the price is dropping since weeks.
Activity: 966
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Seems like my counter measures are working finally, pool is stable for the last 24h now, thanks for your patience.
legendary
Is there a place to see decred mining difficulty over time? Thanks!

Yeah there is https://dcrstats.com/

derp.  Shoulda known I could find it there...
Activity: 459
Merit: 250

Yeah there is https://dcrstats.com/
legendary
legendary

Price will rise x10

Ok, so who buys?

Price will rise x10

Ok, so who buys?

Activity: 700
Accumulation phase. This is because there are some great news incoming.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder

Price will rise x10

Ok, so who buys?
Jump to: