Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 441. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 916
Merit: 500
Great volume Wink

As expected, there's been a lot of enthusiasm surrounding Decred from the very beginning.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

how many decred per airdrop?
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Windows wallet won't boot GUI and online wallet won't accept my seed. Also, says can't read the key file. ? Help Huh
Activity: 606
so after i restarted PC

steps@STEPS:~/AltcoinSteps/decreed$ dcrctl -u xxx -P xxx walletpassphrase xxx 0
-1: This implementation does not implement wallet commands

put --wallet before walletpassphrase
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Let's make a new altcoin environment.
so after i restarted PC

steps@STEPS:~/AltcoinSteps/decreed$ dcrctl -u xxx -P xxx walletpassphrase xxx 0
-1: This implementation does not implement wallet commands
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
everyone who will sell this coin under 1 bitcoin is only stupid, do you think Jacob Yocom-Piatt, Christina Jepson and the other bitcoin developer made this coin for fun?

Wait, you're telling me that cjepson isn't Carly Rae Jepsen but Christina Jepson? I'm going to have do some thinking because that was a big component to me. I may be out.

sup owl ===> boilerplate ===>

" Furthermore, there will be an ‘airdrop’ of 4% of the total Decred supply that will be distributed equally and unconditionally among valid participants of the project. "

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-developers-are-creating-a-new-digital-currency-called-decred/
Activity: 507
Self-funded development via block subsidy - In order to have an ongoing source of funding for development work, a consensus rule has been added to allocate 10% of each block subsidy to a development organization.

Does this mean that 10% of all future block rewards go to a centralized wallet/location/group?

To the dev. team.

At the current emission rate, how many coins is that per day going to the dev team?
Activity: 770
Any tutorials on how to set up pos staking, buying stake tickets, how to vote etc?

thats a tricky couldn't figure it out myself for sure yet, voting is disabled till block 4096, buying tickets should work though. If you really want to mess with it you may find an answer at decred forum.
I for myself will wait for the POS pool that will be announced very soon
Activity: 350
Any tutorials on how to set up pos staking, buying stake tickets, how to vote etc?
Activity: 591
Merit: 501
Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow
everyone who will sell this coin under 1 bitcoin is only stupid, do you think Jacob Yocom-Piatt, Christina Jepson and the other bitcoin developer made this coin for fun?

LMAO. They made it for profit and they gonna make it. Some people never learn.
Activity: 829
Merit: 1000
Regarding this "unknown-work" issue - I did some research and found that it is a miner issue, its a wrong reversal of the hash.

I expect (for example) 012345678 from the miner when validating the work - but I get 876543210 - and this is where the hash is rejected.

Would be interesting which version is the "bad" one - I did not see that behavior on the latest github version...

How does difficulty retargeting works on decred?
Activity: 867
Activity: 350
wait till polo adds decred with margin, people realise its true potential, now not many people know about it is the time to buy.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
10 % of funds for the devs is far too much, the 1% would be enough, it is quite clear devs need funding but  only time will say if i am wrong, at moment i see lots of buy orders, lets wait one or two months if the strong buy pressure is still here

maybe not, lawyers don't come cheap and issuing your own currency/stock on behalf of a LLC or registered company could have legal fees someday? ...hmm :-)
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

That's cool names. Just though DCR was as made by anonymous dev's and I investigate some about the coin.
IMO the most important is people showing not only what they want but, more important, who they are, and I miss it because it's not explicit on the website.

About selling and being stupid that's a bit moralist no? How can you tell what's happening in peoples lives and heads when they sell?

legendary
Activity: 1386
10 % of funds for the devs is far too much, the 1% would be enough, it is quite clear devs need funding but  only time will say if i am wrong, at moment i see lots of buy orders, lets wait one or two months if the strong buy pressure is still here

but you do now how much bitcoin was premined right?

10% are nothing, and the developer of Decred are the developer of Bitcoin!!!
legendary
Activity: 966
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
Self-funded development via block subsidy - In order to have an ongoing source of funding for development work, a consensus rule has been added to allocate 10% of each block subsidy to a development organization.

Does this mean that 10% of all future block rewards go to a centralized wallet/location/group?

To the dev. team.
Jump to: