Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 103. (Read 523478 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
I love this coin.  Dev has really done a great job.

I've got DGC picked to be the next LTC, or another LTC-type coin trading above $3.

The current price of roughly 6,000 DGC coins for 1 BTC is ridiculously cheap so I picked up 30,000 coins, and I may add more. These aren't trading coins but longer term speculation investment coins.  I wish all Cryptos were this easy to pick out.

Good luck to everyone!
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
The current implementation imposes limits on the minimal and maximal duration for hashing 1080 blocks. Currently the limits are:

Maximum time: 4 x target 1080 block time equals 24hrs
Minimum time:  0.25 x target 1080 blocks time equals 1.5hrs.

After block #476280 the limits change to:
Maximum time: 2 x target 1080 block time equals 12hrs
Minimum time:  0.50 x target 1080 blocks time equals 3hrs.

Effectively this leads to 12/6 * diff = 2 * diff == 100% maximum rise and 3/6 * diff = 0.5 * diff == 50% maximum drop.

When this new system would already be in effect the current 3.316 difficulty would drop 50% after 12 hours. This would bring it to 1.658 what could be just the right figure to prevent the hopperpools from switching to DGC. Only time will tell if it is going to work...

Block #476280 to be exact
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
Well, last update should rise diff for max 100% and drop for max 50%. Why it is not happening?

It's supposed to happen at a certain block number, which will be reached in less than 2 weeks.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Well, last update should rise diff for max 100% and drop for max 50%. Why it is not happening?
3.316 according to the DGC chain explorer:

See http://dgc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/114681a69327bd4334d311c73bf1c3d3f5f72c29df9ac4f74282f726db368877

• Next adjustment will be at block 423360.
  • Based on current hashing power (It took 3hrs and 20minutes to hash 180 blocks) I expect this to happen in about 18 hrs from now.
  • New difficulty will then be around 0.9 again (It took 21 hours to generate 1080 blocks since the difficulty adjustment to 3.316, DGC target is 6hrs, so the difficulty will be adjusted with a factor 6/21. 6/21 * 3.316 equals approx. 0.9)
  • This will cause the multi pools to jump on DGC again and start the cycle all over again.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
What is the correct difficulty right now?
See here a graph of difficulty vs. network hashing power. This clearly shows the effect of the 'highest profit' coin jumping pools.

http://s8.postimg.org/i2xl63xd1/chart.png
Why difficulty just went from 0.9 to 3.3?

0.9 must have been a blip. It's been around 3-4 for the last couple weeks. There's been a lot of fluctuation lately, which is the reason for the recent mandatory client update. But from what I've seen 3.3 (admittedly not watching 24/7) has been more the rule than the exception.

I checked it on 3 sites, it was 0.9
Activity: 140

0.9 must have been a blip. It's been around 3-4 for the last couple weeks. There's been a lot of fluctuation lately, which is the reason for the recent mandatory client update. But from what I've seen 3.3 (admittedly not watching 24/7) has been more the rule than the exception.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
the price now is so low.
legendary
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
submitted an article about the client update to cryptocoinsnews, hope it gets listed today or tomorrow:)

Posted on CryptoSource: http://cryptosource.org/digitalcoin-releases-mandatory-client-update-to-combat-against-profit-hopping-pools/
legendary
submitted an article about the client update to cryptocoinsnews, hope it gets listed today or tomorrow:)
Where can I find next difficulty estimate and approximately when it will take place? It used to be on http://dgc.epools.org/
My guess is that the transactions are too large due to being from a lot of little p2pool mining payments. But there ought to be some way around it. Having all the DGC I've mined be unspendable is not cool.
I'll buy them how much?

I appreciate the offer but I'm not sure how that helps. I'd still have to send the DGC to you somehow.
Same here, except I'm only trying to send 100 DGC. And it's not prompting me for any fees.

My guess is that the transactions are too large due to being from a lot of little p2pool mining payments. But there ought to be some way around it. Having all the DGC I've mined be unspendable is not cool.

Replying to myself. *sigh*

Anyway, it seems I was right about that.

For the not-faint-of-heart there is a way to clean up "dust" transactions: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=218447.20

I took the easy way out. I split it up into smaller chunks and bit the bullet with my transaction fees.

I sent four payments: 50 DGC, 20 DGC, 15 DGC and 15 DGC. Total cost: 126 DGC with fees.

It might be time for me to give up the p2pools.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I've been trying to transfer 5000 DGC to Cryptsy for the past couple of days and constantly getting "Error: Transaction creation failed."

I've previously transferred multiples of 5000 DGC without issue. Any ideas?

Edit.... I'm able to transfer small amounts, however it appears the fee charged for the transaction is completely random, example 1000DGC first attempt 5.90DGC fee, clicked cancel and tried again 3.30DGC, tried again 1.80DGC, tried again 5.50 DGC - what the hell is going on - is this a joke, with shit like this going on I'm considering moving my miners back to LTC.

Same here, except I'm only trying to send 100 DGC. And it's not prompting me for any fees.

I'll buy them how much?
I've been trying to transfer 5000 DGC to Cryptsy for the past couple of days and constantly getting "Error: Transaction creation failed."

I've previously transferred multiples of 5000 DGC without issue. Any ideas?

Edit.... I'm able to transfer small amounts, however it appears the fee charged for the transaction is completely random, example 1000DGC first attempt 5.90DGC fee, clicked cancel and tried again 3.30DGC, tried again 1.80DGC, tried again 5.50 DGC - what the hell is going on - is this a joke, with shit like this going on I'm considering moving my miners back to LTC.

Jump to: