Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 99. (Read 523478 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Please, stop feeding the troll. The mods should just delete his posts. Enough derailing of this thread.

Back to issue: I have a question related to the price decline at Cryptsy:

Even if people buy up large amounts of digitalcoins to a higher price, the autosale drops do not adjust to the new highs
at all. Someone could buy it up to 50.000 and the next price would still be 13050 !??
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
Look at you Vlad , all excited ...

Be careful last time I was this excited about a sure thing the superior benefactor Goddess chose to make an example of me .
It was struck down .

Hail the Goddess , and all woman our superiors.

I guess only time will tell , can I ask did you get your BFL device yet ?

** the one you ordered after the company had been comfirmed as one of the largest scams in history , just short of Ponzi himself.

*** they are serving coffee and tea I hear now as you wait for your BFL .
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

Yes, You're missing something.
20sec/block, retarget at every 1080 blocks, so difficulty changes every 6 hours, but in the last month a reality is else: 22 hours at high diff and 2 hours with low diff. So it's only ~2160 blocks/day. In my opinion We reach block 476280 in end of the first week in October.

Even with that its still far short from the 2 months from now figure.

May I ask?

This change in DIFF was something crucial - intended to stop this constant collapse in the coin's price, correct?

So why would such an urgent fix not be implemented right away?  What's the rationale here?  I've seen fixes which are coded and they effect the same day or at the latest, in a few days?  Why make it next month?  For what purpose?

It's this type of behavior which doesn't add up and gives credence to speculation, rumors and hearsay.  Why create such a hostile atmosphere unless there is a purpose for it?  For the only other option is sheer incompetence and I wouldn't dare suggest that of Minions Master.

Anyone have a plausible and logical reason for such a long delay in this so important fix?  TIA

Vlad you started out here as a reasonable guy as evidenced by your early posts

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3119534

actually praising Baritus. What happened? Is it possible to have a civil and constructive conversation without you being obnoxious and so abrasive to people?

The fix is primarily to stop the diff wildly bouncing between 1 and 5 or so and to give the average miners a chance to mine for dgc at a reasonable diff instead of just multipools having it all to themselves for a short period of time. The reason coin prices are down across the board seems to be mainly because of the high btc price and people cashing out for it in combination with multipools/autoselling and not some crazy conspiracy.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dgc-digitalcoin-client-version-02-released-mandatory-update-24-hours-289818

The block number I would say was chosen to give everyone fair time to update their dgc wallets.

Activity: 473
Merit: 250
Activity: 203
Merit: 100

20sec/block, retarget at every 1080 blocks, so difficulty changes every 6 hours, but in the last month a reality is else: 22 hours at high diff and 2 hours with low diff. So it's only ~2160 blocks/day. In my opinion We reach block 476280 in end of the first week in October.

Even with that its still far short from the 2 months from now figure.
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
Where are you getting your 2 month from now figure from?

block 476,280 - diff change block #

436,810  - current block as of this post

That means there is 39,470 blocks left until the diff change.

From the first post of this thread:
Block Time: 20 seconds

That means there's around 4320 blocks per day.  39,470 / 4320 = 9.1 days
I guess it's easier to believe theres some sort of conspiracy going on then to actually do the math?  Maybe I'm missing something here?

Activity: 203
Where are you getting your 2 month from now figure from?

block 476,280 - diff change block #

436,810  - current block as of this post

That means there is 39,470 blocks left until the diff change.

From the first post of this thread:
Block Time: 20 seconds

That means there's around 4320 blocks per day.  39,470 / 4320 = 9.1 days
I guess it's easier to believe theres some sort of conspiracy going on then to actually do the math?  Maybe I'm missing something here?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Can you guys cut out the rubbish back and forth in this thread.  Keep it on topic thanks - nothing more annoying than checking this thread for updates and having to go through all the dribble.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Can you elaborate more please? At what block will diff change apply? Thats like in 2 months time frame right?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
I wanna thank Baritus and gang for the dirt cheap 25,000 DGC I picked up 5 minutes ago.

I'll be back for more tomorrow.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Constant throwing of shit and pointless slander about Baritus on Cryptsy trollbox by the same pathetic user over and over again, yesterday, today, everyday gives me the opportunity to stack cheap DGC and SRC, awesome!
Both are on the candidate list for possible coins becoming the next Bitcoin or Litecoin, few words to the haters = cya in 3-4 years!
legendary
Activity: 980
Tell me genius, where's just one, JUST ONE:  gates, jobs, Woz, tesla, Einstein, Newton, Bell, Hewllet, and the list is in the tens of thousands but NOT ONE SINGLE WOMAN.
Carly Fiorina Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
‘Try to be nice’
** one final point Vlad

So devious is my oppressor - that she argues for your points , she says that men are superior , its tricks and lies , she lies to lull us into this way, you can't say that's not genius?

I can only submit, yield to this superior being.
‘Try to be nice’
can someone lay out for me the "why not" of a diff change literally per block - i just want to know the "why not" argument.

I did witness some discussion around this regarding Bitcoin itself and the general implication at that time , (that I witnessed) was that it would make and (have made) little difference fundamentally, that is to say structurally or from a security stand point .

So I'm asking , why have not all Crypto evolved in this direction towards a literal per block re-target - i know the algorithm has to have a reference , but I'm just talking about a trend towards 1

so that is to say , not that we would end up there . (and maybe there has been that trend now i reflect)

so if anyone has any "pro longer" points I'm interested.

(i personally do not see the huge difference , but that aside)

*ps Vlad , you are crazy , in some fields I'm a genius , in others I'm made to look like a latent retard to a woman . woman rule us , submit now , it will be easier., the more you resist the longer your pain.

Hail the Goddess.

{sorry lol}

btw i don't see a "dgc diff adjustment problem", i don't think there ever was one even originally , ha ha this is not a DGC problem , some people are missing the Forrest here  , and its not a multi-pool problem either.

{my ability to see this Vlad, gives me a small edge against our oppressor - its fleeting though , and quickly I'm shoved back into submission} , {its  submission i want though ..hail.}
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Well i has to agree on one thing - Diff problem should be solved much sooner and much precise...

Well ppl, if some of you feel urged to carry out posting-battles on such a level, they should consider to start a separate thread for that - perhaps charging fees for those who like to follow it.
Afaik this here is the main thread to DGC and i think ppl interested in DGC would like to read more substantial about DGC than personal tainted lamentations  Angry.

I read a lot here about that "Diff Problem" - and i tend to agree to those who ask for quicker diff-adjustments in order to limit negative side-effects of pool-jumping on constant miners.

However I don't believe that is the only or even the predominant problem DGC experiences - currently exposing something like an all-time-low.

Of course many other coins are going down currently as well - but that can never serve as an argument to refuse an analysis of or the debate about possible causes for the "own" coin and appropiate means addressing that phenomenon.
Perhaps the community can find back to an objective debate in a more constructive atmosphere...  Roll Eyes

It not about posting-battle. I am just saying my opinion, and it not first time I said it.

Well i think it is a main problem.

Current all-time-low is no problem at all for me

I want a large discussion how to fix diff adjustment

I would suggest we wait and see what the client update brings and if we need to improve we can try something else.

Personally, I believe Baritus knows what he is doing. I doubt we will need a second fix. We just need to get past the multipool problem

Agree

To be fair, let's not call it "the multipool problem" as it's actually a "dgc diff adjustment problem". Any party or pool with any hashpower are welcome to mine dgc for as long as they want. It's the strength of Dgc to adjust to the new competitive mining environment and not fight against the inevitable with pathetic measures to change the difficulty in ever shorter time periods. I believe dev has taken the right course of action here.
Activity: 163
Well i has to agree on one thing - Diff problem should be solved much sooner and much precise...

Well ppl, if some of you feel urged to carry out posting-battles on such a level, they should consider to start a separate thread for that - perhaps charging fees for those who like to follow it.
Afaik this here is the main thread to DGC and i think ppl interested in DGC would like to read more substantial about DGC than personal tainted lamentations  Angry.

I read a lot here about that "Diff Problem" - and i tend to agree to those who ask for quicker diff-adjustments in order to limit negative side-effects of pool-jumping on constant miners.

However I don't believe that is the only or even the predominant problem DGC experiences - currently exposing something like an all-time-low.

Of course many other coins are going down currently as well - but that can never serve as an argument to refuse an analysis of or the debate about possible causes for the "own" coin and appropiate means addressing that phenomenon.
Perhaps the community can find back to an objective debate in a more constructive atmosphere...  Roll Eyes

It not about posting-battle. I am just saying my opinion, and it not first time I said it.

Well i think it is a main problem.

Current all-time-low is no problem at all for me

I want a large discussion how to fix diff adjustment

I would suggest we wait and see what the client update brings and if we need to improve we can try something else.

Personally, I believe Baritus knows what he is doing. I doubt we will need a second fix. We just need to get past the multipool problem

Agree
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
Remember, this is a coin announcement thread, not a gender debate. If you want to continue on your discussion, make a new thread in Off Topic, or continue in PM.

Got it.
Activity: 938
www.multipool.us
I'd like to know the economics (macro, micro, behavioral) behind people's assumptions that none of the changes will work. Didn't realize we were all trained economics professionals....

I'm sure the change will work "about" as well as the FTC change did, since it's basically the same fix (ftc has a maximum drop/increase of around 40%)

From Baritus's example:

Quote from: Baritus
EXAMPLE
Before:
1. Pool hopping software mines the easy blocks and pushes difficulty to 5
2. Pool hopping hash power leaves and DGC retargets to difficulty 1 because of the lack of hash power
3. Pool hopping software gets on again, mines most of the easy blocks, and pushes difficulty to 5
4. Repeat....

After:
1. Pool hopping software mines the easy blocks and pushes difficulty to 5
2. Pool hopping hash power leaves and DGC retargets to 2.5 difficulty
3. Regular miners join the network because of the improved profitability
4. Network stabilizes at that hash rate because pool hopping software will not switch due to low difficulty spikes

I'd suspect what will actually happen will be that we will bounce between 2.5 and 5, instead of 1 and 5, but at double the frequency.

It might be that we mine other coins when the diff is 2.5, in which case another retarget will now happen even more quickly back to an easy diff when we hop back on.  Rinse and repeat.

Overall, I think that this patch is a good thing, since it has a chance to rid the coin of the extremely low difficulty periods where the stale rate is high and many blocks are orphaned because they're being found too quickly.  But it will do next to nothing about the "multipool problem" that it purports to cure.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Remember, this is a coin announcement thread, not a gender debate. If you want to continue on your discussion, make a new thread in Off Topic, or continue in PM.
legendary
Activity: 1064

Only 1.5% of open developers are women?

Hahahahaaa.  That's less than the 20 to 1 I observed.

But wait, how dare you bring real statistics and facts into this?  You sexist.  It's because Jonny had access to a computer and Jane didn't.  Hahahaha, wait, that whole nurture thing is more bullshit liberal lies.

But still, you can't bring up facts.  Baritus has spoken, and women are equal to men.  At least to him.   In his experience women are equal to him, which very very sad.  It's like getting beat by a woman in sports or in arm wrestling and then thinking that's the norm.

Anyone who's gone to college and taken really difficulty logic courses has at some point said:  "Hey, where's all the hot chicks?!"  And that's not sexist, I would have given anything to have those marketing and logic-less degrees swap out their women for all the men in my classes but it was never the case.  It was always a a sausage party and once in High School or in College did I ever see a woman get the highest score in a math or science class.  It was usually me or some other dude.

Sorry, but I can't let some liberal brainwashing propaganda take place of REALITY.  Women are not equal to men in anything, not even cooking, but you go go ahead, Baritus, and tell yourself that and when you get married get bossed around by your equally stupid and very inferior wife.

Good job cherry picking one statistic out of an article that uses statistics to counter-argue your dark age view of the sexes. Did you even bother to read the entire article and check some of the sources?

Since you like cherry picking statistics, here is a quote from the article:

Looking at the BLS numbers, it is interesting that these professions attract more women (as a percentage) than software engineers (20.2%):

Bailiffs, correctional officers, jailers (26.9%)
    Chief executives (25.0%)
    Database administrators (35.3%)
    Biological scientists (45.1%)
    Chemists and materials scientists (30.0%)
    Technical writers (50.4%)

Even the professions that are said to have a glass ceiling (such as CEO) have more women in them than software development. Based on the number of science positions listed in the BLS data with substantial numbers of women in them, it is clear that the myth that women are afraid of math or science is just plain wrong (even if less than 1% of mathematicians are women). And given the bizarre outlier of DBAs at 35.3%, and technical writers at 50.4%, we can see that women certainly do not dislike computing fields in general.

Database administrators, biological scientists, chemists, materials scientists and technical writers do not require logical thinking skills?

Next time try reading the entire article. Most likely it appears that cultural differences are the reason there are not more women in the computer science field.

Anyway, kind of a strange subject for the DGC thread. Vlad, keep digging that hole and alienating developers, you will go far with that strategy.  Cheesy

Pages:
Jump to: