Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 102. (Read 523478 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Baritus is making difficulty slower in an effort so that difficulty is more stable. This sounds good, but it shows he does not actually understand the problem.  The problem is not that difficulty is not stable, that is just a symptom of the real problem,  which is that the way the economy is designed now gives gpu farms, multipool and middlecoin an unfair 1000X advantage over supporters of the coin by them being able to jump on the coin at low difficulty and mine all the blocks at a difficulty that is artificially low, because of the insanely slow re target interval.

Unfortunately Baritus has chosen to ignore and blow off the many people who have tried to bring this to his attention for the last 2 months in irc, and now that he fianlly has recognized we are right that it is a problem, instead of listening to us, he is instead is proposing an update which makes the difficulty respond even slower than it already does which makes the problem even worse.

If he would treat the source of the problem and not the symptom he would see difficulty stabilize and the price of dgc stop going down daily.

That's not what this update is doing. What this update is doing is limiting the amount the difficulty can go up or down. Meaning, that gpu farms, multipool, middlecoin, etc... won't even have the chance for an unfair advantage because the difficulty will no longer wildly fluctuate from 5 to 1 and back to 5. Instead, if a farm drives the difficulty up to 5 one time... the most it will drop is back down to 3 or 4... so the farms won't have any benefit to jump back on.

In theory... this update will keep the difficulty in a range that should keep DGC in the 5-10 most profitable coins to mine and avoid being number 1 or number 20 so the hopping pools don't ever mine it since it is never number 1 and the loyal miners don't suffer because it will never be in last place.

This could be a great thing. Don't judge it until you see it in action.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
completely wrong assumptions being made by Baritus on this difficulty issue, will he drop the ego and admit he is wrong? My guess is not, and dgc will continue to suffer because of it.

What are your arguments? Present yourself

Baritus is making difficulty slower in an effort so that difficulty is more stable. This sounds good, but it shows he does not actually understand the problem.  The problem is not that difficulty is not stable, that is just a symptom of the real problem,  which is that the way the economy is designed now gives gpu farms, multipool and middlecoin an unfair 1000X advantage over supporters of the coin by them being able to jump on the coin at low difficulty and mine all the blocks at a difficulty that is artificially low, because of the insanely slow re target interval.

Unfortunately Baritus has chosen to ignore and blow off the many people who have tried to bring this to his attention for the last 2 months in irc, and now that he fianlly has recognized we are right that it is a problem, instead of listening to us, he is instead is proposing an update which makes the difficulty respond even slower than it already does which makes the problem even worse.

If he would treat the source of the problem and not the symptom he would see difficulty stabilize and the price of dgc stop going down daily.

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
completely wrong assumptions being made by Baritus on this difficulty issue, will he drop the ego and admit he is wrong? My guess is not, and dgc will continue to suffer because of it.

What are your arguments? Present yourself
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Activity: 196
Google/YouTube
Are there ways to earn this coin without mining, maybe by writing?

Sure, you can join the promo team and get paid DGC per article.

How does that work?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

Sure, you can join the promo team and get paid DGC per article.
Activity: 196
Google/YouTube
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

Finally, what is the timeline on CryptoAve?  I've heard different time-frames.  

a few days ago it was confirmed by Baritus that, IF everything pans out correctly, it will go live in November (subject to unforseen delays of course)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
You are right, buying is much more efficient than mining right now. Even though I mined thousands of coins up to now, I decided to buy more at 15 and even below 15. Lot's of new cheap dgc coming in from multipool autosellers at cryptsy. This is actually something you can profit of until people are realizing which coins to disable from autoselling and hold.

Also updated to the latest client, good job!
legendary

Wow, so its really worth buying it now then.  Cause 1 BTC buys you about 6,000 DGC.  So you guys mine a whole month for $130? Minus electricity of $40 so you need to mine 6 weeks for what I can buy with 1 BTC.  Man, I need to buy another 30,000 DGC.  This is a steal.   Thanks a lot!

this doesn't take difficulty adjustments into account either, so it could be a bit more, or less, but definitely not much Smiley

Maybe you can get even better hashpower for 2000$, but i think if you really want to invest in DGC, just buy them before the exchange goes live in a few months, then DGC can be traded against USD directly Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
Hey guys, how many. DGC can one expect to get with a good Dual GPU $2,000 mining rig?   Just a ballpark figure.  Thanks.

Hourly    7.87402834   
Daily    188.97668007   
Weekly    1322.83676046   
Monthly    5669.30040196   
Annually    68976.48822386   

this is assuming you'll have 2 MH/s, which can vary, depending on your setup of course Smiley

Wow, so its really worth buying it now then.  Cause 1 BTC buys you about 6,000 DGC.  So you guys mine a whole month for $130? Minus electricity of $40 so you need to mine 6 weeks for what I can buy with 1 BTC.  Man, I need to buy another 30,000 DGC.  This is a steal.   Thanks a lot!
legendary
Hey guys, how many. DGC can one expect to get with a good Dual GPU $2,000 mining rig?   Just a ballpark figure.  Thanks.

Hourly    7.87402834   
Daily    188.97668007   
Weekly    1322.83676046   
Monthly    5669.30040196   
Annually    68976.48822386   

this is assuming you'll have 2 MH/s, which can vary, depending on your setup of course Smiley
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
UPDATES:

1. DGC is now supported on https://www.coinpayments.net/. I've also updated the pool list, let me know if I missed yours.

2. DGC is the primary currency of the upcoming CryptoAve exchange and the only currency supported for exchanging CryptoAve shares.

3. New investors are joining DGC and you should see the buy orders building up.

4. DGC will be updated so difficulty rises a maximum of 100% and drops a maximum of 50%. More details to be announced within the next couple of days.

Retarget every 1080 bloks will be the same?

Yes, there is no need to compromise the difficulty's stability with variance when this solution is also viable.
Activity: 163
UPDATES:

1. DGC is now supported on https://www.coinpayments.net/. I've also updated the pool list, let me know if I missed yours.

2. DGC is the primary currency of the upcoming CryptoAve exchange and the only currency supported for exchanging CryptoAve shares.

3. New investors are joining DGC and you should see the buy orders building up.

4. DGC will be updated so difficulty rises a maximum of 100% and drops a maximum of 50%. More details to be announced within the next couple of days.

Retarget every 1080 bloks will be the same?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
One more quick question.  I've bought my DGC coins but I'm curious how much one can actually mine.

What's a decent average with say a $2,000 GPU mining rig?  How many DGC coins can one expect to get in one 24 hour period?  TIA!
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
Put in the hashrate for the "$2000 rig", hit Calculate.

Thanks!
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
One more quick question.  I've bought my DGC coins but I'm curious how much one can actually mine.

What's a decent average with say a $2,000 GPU mining rig?  How many DGC coins can one expect to get in one 24 hour period?  TIA!
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
Put in the hashrate for the "$2000 rig", hit Calculate.
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
One more quick question.  I've bought my DGC coins but I'm curious how much one can actually mine.

What's a decent average with say a $2,000 GPU mining rig?  How many DGC coins can one expect to get in one 24 hour period?  TIA!

If you take the good and you take the bad, and take them both, there you have
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
One more quick question.  I've bought my DGC coins but I'm curious how much one can actually mine.

What's a decent average with say a $2,000 GPU mining rig?  How many DGC coins can one expect to get in one 24 hour period?  TIA!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Quick question:  anybody have any idea why the price of DGC has gone down by some 60% over the last few weeks?  

I'm not complaining - I think this is a great time to buy and hold some DigitalCoins, but I am curious as to what may be causing this dip.  TIA.
Jump to: