Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 147. (Read 523478 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Looks like the pools are getting split between 2 major now  Grin

Network hashrate: 757.57 MH/s

erundook  ->http://dgc.epools.org/   ->Pool hashrate: 343.42 MH/s
Big Vern   ->http://digicoinpool.com/ ->Pool Hashrate: 321 MH/s  

The rest @ 100 Mh/s

If we can have at least a 3rd pool that gives accurate rewards like this 2 we don't worry about that 51 % question  Grin

Edit : People should post about the other pools and their experience with rewards

I normally don't use p2pool, but I have been mining at http://p2pool-dgc.com:9500/ and the rewards have been spot on. Very solid pool. I found it more accurate with the rewards than any of the pushpools I tried.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
I think I have a potential fix for the vulnerability that causes this. The bad nodes broadcast block chains with a higher nHeight which automatically update the counter to that chain's height, it doesn't have any other affect.

I should have a client out later this week with a fix, we'll be the first to address that issue actually.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hack The Planet
Looks like the pools are getting split between 2 major now  Grin

Network hashrate: 757.57 MH/s

erundook  ->http://dgc.epools.org/   ->Pool hashrate: 343.42 MH/s
Big Vern   ->http://digicoinpool.com/ ->Pool Hashrate: 321 MH/s  

The rest @ 100 Mh/s

If we can have at least a 3rd pool that gives accurate rewards like this 2 we don't worry about that 51 % question  Grin

Edit : People should post about the other pools and their experience with rewards
legendary
That is only a graphical bug in the wallet loading bar, it doesn't affect anything else.

Will it be fixed? It is not pretty

People are purposefully making it happen by trying to mess with the network.

As the network gets bigger it gets rarer until it stops occurring.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
That is only a graphical bug in the wallet loading bar, it doesn't affect anything else.

Will it be fixed? It is not pretty
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
I have to admit that I have not tried to back it up while the client is open, but I will definitely say it would be safer to back it up when it is closed.  As far as I know, and someone may correct me, but you wallet should just contain your private key, and you really should only need to update a backup if you change your encryption/password.  ALL transactions for a given coin, both those related and those unrelated to your wallet, are stored in the block-chain, so the transactions and even your balance are not in the wallet, per se.

My understanding is it also has all your addresses (preallocating 100 and adding another after each transaction).

Yes, very good point.  I believe that is the case as well.  Forgot that part....

This is not something you want to forget about, XD
Activity: 389
I have to admit that I have not tried to back it up while the client is open, but I will definitely say it would be safer to back it up when it is closed.  As far as I know, and someone may correct me, but you wallet should just contain your private key, and you really should only need to update a backup if you change your encryption/password.  ALL transactions for a given coin, both those related and those unrelated to your wallet, are stored in the block-chain, so the transactions and even your balance are not in the wallet, per se.

My understanding is it also has all your addresses (preallocating 100 and adding another after each transaction).

Yes, very good point.  I believe that is the case as well.  Forgot that part....
legendary

legendary
Can anyone please tell me if this is a bug? Just opened my DGC client and saw that it is trying to sync. It shows that there are 268k blocks remaining on the sync, but it shows all my latest transactions (as of a couple days ago) as confirmed. Also, it says the last block received was generated 18 seconds ago.

Just restart your client. Your funds are safe. Sometimes there's some other coin's chain conflicting I think although I didn't see that  error for few days already. I guess the network is getting stronger.

Thanks for the confirmation. Did it and now everything looks fine!

Just wasn't sure if that was something I should worry about or not; figured something may be corrupted and with cryptos, I've learned (reading posts) that the smallest mistake can make you lose everything, :p.

Just make sure you have multiple backups of your encrypted wallet.dat file.  I've had PC issues that have required deleting and re-downloading different coin block-chains on multiple occasions.  But as blizz said, as long as you have a good copy/backup of your wallet.dat file, you should be fine.

Ah, yeah, this is something I haven't done yet: back it up.

Question: does the backup have to be done with the wallet closed? My issue is I want to do automated backups of the wallet files so I don't have to keep remembering to.
Can anyone please tell me if this is a bug? Just opened my DGC client and saw that it is trying to sync. It shows that there are 268k blocks remaining on the sync, but it shows all my latest transactions (as of a couple days ago) as confirmed. Also, it says the last block received was generated 18 seconds ago.

Just restart your client. Your funds are safe. Sometimes there's some other coin's chain conflicting I think although I didn't see that  error for few days already. I guess the network is getting stronger.

Just wasn't sure if that was something I should worry about or not; figured something may be corrupted and with cryptos, I've learned (reading posts) that the smallest mistake can make you lose everything, :p.

Just make sure you have multiple backups of your encrypted wallet.dat file.  I've had PC issues that have required deleting and re-downloading different coin block-chains on multiple occasions.  But as blizz said, as long as you have a good copy/backup of your wallet.dat file, you should be fine.
legendary

Just restart your client. Your funds are safe. Sometimes there's some other coin's chain conflicting I think although I didn't see that  error for few days already. I guess the network is getting stronger.

This has been happening to me every single time I leave my wallet open in the background. Just have to keep restarting it when it pops up again... more a nuisance than anything else.

This helps explain it. I leave my wallets open when I "hibernate" the PC.

It doesn't *appear* to be causing problems; seems like it might just be visual. Still pulls in blocks as they come up. So hopefully the hibernating with wallets up is fine. I haven't run into any problems yet...
Activity: 26
Merit: 0

Just restart your client. Your funds are safe. Sometimes there's some other coin's chain conflicting I think although I didn't see that  error for few days already. I guess the network is getting stronger.

This has been happening to me every single time I leave my wallet open in the background. Just have to keep restarting it when it pops up again... more a nuisance than anything else.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I will be running a campaign to get more people to know about DGC. Meanwhile, everyone can help by just telling friends, family, and sharing on sites.

I told you before.

If you keep supporting DGC like this and maintain the slow & sure approach, DGC will be one of the most successful coins.

Good work!
legendary
legendary
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Jump to: