Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 95. (Read 523478 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
That did the trick, difficulty is at 3.92495658 now. does that sound about right?

That's correct.

Baritus, maybe I missed answer to this question , but did you thoght about removing our coin from cooinchoose?
There are some opinions that it helped WDC.
I'm not expert - it's newbie questions...

I'm not comfortable losing a source of hash power(security) and promotion. I think it's better to adjust to them and take advantage of the environment. I would also like the multipools to mine DGC and make it more secure without compromising security.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Multipool just forked DGC?  I hope their fork will not be recognized as good one.

How did they fork anything?  It shows they haven't found a block in 9+ hours.

Multipool has been mining dgc updated and everything. No fork whatsoever.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Multipool just forked DGC?  I hope their fork will not be recognized as good one.

This fork is such that only the true chain generates blocks, the others generate orphans.

If that so good work Baritus Wink
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

This fork is such that only the true chain generates blocks, the others generate orphans.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

How did they fork anything?  It shows they haven't found a block in 9+ hours.
Activity: 212
legendary
That did the trick, difficulty is at 3.92495658 now. does that sound about right?

That's correct.

Baritus, maybe I missed answer to this question , but did you thoght about removing our coin from cooinchoose?

I'm not comfortable losing a source of hash power(security) and promotion. I think it's better to adjust to them and take advantage of the environment. I would also like the multipools to mine DGC and make it more secure without compromising security.
Activity: 310

That's correct.

legendary

That's correct.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
legendary
Baritus Are you considering lowering difficulty up and down steps (currently +100% / - 50%) in next update where retarget time will be 1/10 of current retarget time? Diff changes can be them much faster AND smoother

It will be 1/5th of the current target time due to the block time doubling. The difficulty caps won't be changed as they are already at the desired level.

It certainly is desired level! Wink I hope it is also well choosen level. When will V1 update take place? Sooner the better

When a large percentage of nodes are up to date and there is an established average generation rate with the new difficulty specifications.
legendary
The correct difficulty is 1.96247829.  Any pool showing 0.98 did not update their DGC daemon. Pool operators please update your code with the correct source from the new repo: https://github.com/baritus/digitalcoin.  You can not just do a 'git pull' since the repo name changed.

I have downloaded the latest version from github and compiled it. the difficulty I see is 0.98123914.  How is that?

You might be connected to nodes that failed to update and so are on a fork.

I'd select some nodes identifying as version 0.2 and use them to rebuild your peer list:
http://pastebin.com/sZZi9baZ
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
The correct difficulty is 1.96247829.  Any pool showing 0.98 did not update their DGC daemon. Pool operators please update your code with the correct source from the new repo: https://github.com/baritus/digitalcoin.  You can not just do a 'git pull' since the repo name changed.

I have downloaded the latest version from github and compiled it. the difficulty I see is 0.98123914.  How is that?
Activity: 163
Baritus Are you considering lowering difficulty up and down steps (currently +100% / - 50%) in next update where retarget time will be 1/10 of current retarget time? Diff changes can be them much faster AND smoother

It will be 1/5th of the current target time due to the block time doubling. The difficulty caps won't be changed as they are already at the desired level.

It certainly is desired level! Wink I hope it is also well choosen level. When will V1 update take place? Sooner the better
Activity: 473
Sounds good, do you have any idea when this next change will happen (which block number for example) ?

In my opinion block 500040 would be great. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
The update was a success and the network didn't have any issues adjusting to the specs.

The DGC V1 update should be similarly straightforward since I'll be using the same hard-forking method for the most part.

Sounds good, do you have any idea when this next change will happen (which block number for example) ?
legendary

Activity: 163
legendary
The update was a success and the network didn't have any issues adjusting to the specs.

The DGC V1 update should be similarly straightforward since I'll be using the same hard-forking method for the most part.
Activity: 448
scryptmining is up to date (as of earlier this morning).

On another note, we broke the 4,000 DGC donated to the dev fund mark!  Nice job to everyone who mines with a donation % set at http://dgc.scryptmining.com.  Your helping continue to make this coin great Smiley

Coins donated to DGC Development: 4025.274836 DGC
(earned via donation %)
Pages:
Jump to: