Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 261. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]
EMC2 Wants An Exchange With EMC2/USD Market

The Einsteinium Foundation is doing all we can to create new opportunities to increase the value of our currency however we notice that every time BTC's value drops, for whatever reason or no reason at all, our market value drops too, often times more so.   I realize this is rather normal, and usual, and occurs with very many other currencies  however I think its time to break from that norm and start evaluating CCs on their own merit to the degree that more CC/fiat markets are created. 

BTC is now outrageously unstable and when you tie their instability to any other CC's occasional fragility it's a recipe for avoidable disaster.   I think it would be great if responsible coins (like EMC2) could skip the 'middle-currency' (BTC) so that our coin has more of an opportunity to move more independently.

What do you think?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10148272

We are trying to do the exact same thing for the exact same reason. Please let me know if something fruitful comes up for you and I will do likewise Wink
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
EMC2 Wants An Exchange With EMC2/USD Market

The Einsteinium Foundation is doing all we can to create new opportunities to increase the value of our currency however we notice that every time BTC's value drops, for whatever reason or no reason at all, our market value drops too, often times more so.   I realize this is rather normal, and usual, and occurs with very many other currencies  however I think its time to break from that norm and start evaluating CCs on their own merit to the degree that more CC/fiat markets are created. 

BTC is now outrageously unstable and when you tie their instability to any other CC's occasional fragility it's a recipe for avoidable disaster.   I think it would be great if responsible coins (like EMC2) could skip the 'middle-currency' (BTC) so that our coin has more of an opportunity to move more independently.

What do you think?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10148272

That's a great idea to send $1 to worthy science campaigns from the EMC2 Foundation. Maybe you could tell them that if they would accept an EMC2 donation you could give them more a little more in the form of EMC2?

Sounds frustrating. I never imagined it would be hard to find campaigns to fund. But with the long term thinking you guys have I am sure it will definitely pay off in the end for EMC2 being able to carry out its mission. Feel free to tweet some stuff to @hypercrypto and we can spread the word a little.

A dedicated EMC2 youtube channel is a great idea. Since we started posting weekly youtube video updates and also our new HYPER intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTt3zAJgpg Interest has been soaring. I would highly recommend getting an EMC2 youtube channel off the ground with an intro video and weekly videos if you have the resources Wink

Also it sounds to me like perhaps EMC2 should go straight for the source, and set up your own crowdfunding platform where people can donate EMC2 and other supported cryptocurrencies to worthy science / world changing projects. That would be something and as most of the support is from cryptocurrencies (especially EMC2) why not? It would get a lot of press too as there is nothing quite like it as of yet. Beats waiting around for Indiegogo or another site to add cryptocurrency support. With coinpayments it wouldn't be too hard to set up either.

Just my 0.02 EMC2 you all are doing a great job and you've been steadily plugging away at your goals while many, many other coins have come and gone.

Yes, we do have a youtube channel, the video in the campaign is the most recent addition, the campaign gallery video is our 'about us' (EMC2) video.  You're right we should provide additional video, but as Varvarin indicated our hope is that the success of this campaign will bring on more projects to work with.

When I mentioned sponsoring youtube channels, we would pay channel owner for the right to place a few second clip at the start of their video: "this video was sponsored by" [show EMC2 logo] "The Einsteinium Foundation .... (with a catchy tagline ... 'donating to science')"  and also have a mention at  the channel's youtube channel info page.

Indiegogo is a magnificent CF platform, there are very many other CF platforms some of which with a focus on science all of them will be used.  As for setting up a CF platform here is where we would need to partner with you to create a platform.  You know there are a ton of games seeking CF each year, this would also serve as a source for your gamer coin consortium (the three coins) as well.  

Between the cause-coin consortium and the gamer-coin consortium we have a minimum of 8 different coins represented to start.   I think this type of project could serve all involved very well -- let me know what you think.

Here's a good reference: https://www.startjoin.com/

Replied to your PM Wink Maybe we could merge platforms if everyone agrees.

That's a great idea to send $1 to worthy science campaigns from the EMC2 Foundation. Maybe you could tell them that if they would accept an EMC2 donation you could give them more a little more in the form of EMC2?

Sounds frustrating. I never imagined it would be hard to find campaigns to fund. But with the long term thinking you guys have I am sure it will definitely pay off in the end for EMC2 being able to carry out its mission. Feel free to tweet some stuff to @hypercrypto and we can spread the word a little.

A dedicated EMC2 youtube channel is a great idea. Since we started posting weekly youtube video updates and also our new HYPER intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTt3zAJgpg Interest has been soaring. I would highly recommend getting an EMC2 youtube channel off the ground with an intro video and weekly videos if you have the resources Wink

Also it sounds to me like perhaps EMC2 should go straight for the source, and set up your own crowdfunding platform where people can donate EMC2 and other supported cryptocurrencies to worthy science / world changing projects. That would be something and as most of the support is from cryptocurrencies (especially EMC2) why not? It would get a lot of press too as there is nothing quite like it as of yet. Beats waiting around for Indiegogo or another site to add cryptocurrency support. With coinpayments it wouldn't be too hard to set up either.

Just my 0.02 EMC2 you all are doing a great job and you've been steadily plugging away at your goals while many, many other coins have come and gone.

Yes, we do have a youtube channel, the video in the campaign is the most recent addition, the campaign gallery video is our 'about us' (EMC2) video.  You're right we should provide additional video, but as Varvarin indicated our hope is that the success of this campaign will bring on more projects to work with.

When I mentioned sponsoring youtube channels, we would pay channel owner for the right to place a few second clip at the start of their video: "this video was sponsored by" [show EMC2 logo] "The Einsteinium Foundation .... (with a catchy tagline ... 'donating to science')"  and also have a mention at  the channel's youtube channel info page.

Indiegogo is a magnificent CF platform, there are very many other CF platforms some of which with a focus on science all of them will be used.  As for setting up a CF platform here is where we would need to partner with you to create a platform.  You know there are a ton of games seeking CF each year, this would also serve as a source for your gamer coin consortium (the three coins) as well.  

Between the cause-coin consortium and the gamer-coin consortium we have a minimum of 8 different coins represented to start.   I think this type of project could serve all involved very well -- let me know what you think.

Here's a good reference: https://www.startjoin.com/
legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished
Not going to quote that much text ..  Cheesy

Thanks HYPER. We like to push and see what cracks, there is still a lot of mistrust in BTC and almost no awareness of altcoins so for next campaign we will have learned a lot and have something to back up claims. Trying to wrestle .org domain and having a spiffy new site in the works, spruced up wallet and next one is going to be epic.

Not to mention the contacts made, which would not have been possible without sticking our necks out onto the chopping block  Grin

Thanks to the whole EMC2 community for keeping things on markets moving, I do see EMC2 mentioned in a few places. Almost no one is willing to sell cheap, just buying out miner sells, that's a plus too.
EMC2 would be higher up if something was updated on github ... hehe. Looks like we'll have to get a new wallet just to say it's new and shiny regardless that the old one works just fine Smiley

Campaign is crawling a bit, getting more action in coins than USD, which was to be expected. However, come end of the month many will get paid and then no excuses to drop a few bucks.  Grin

Nice ranking there HYPER, considering liquidity only on bittrex, pretty nice.

Thanks Wink Well at least it sounds like the cryptocurrency funding part of the campaign has already been a success. Great original idea you guys had to bring the crypto community together for something worthwhile I think it's great.

I was recently made aware of a new CC ranking site:

https://www.coingecko.com/en

Noticed that EMC2 is in top 100

Their system considers various factors to arrive at their ranking, specifically:

Development,
Community,
Social Networking,
Public Interest,
Liquidity
and
market capitalization
https://www.coingecko.com/en/methodology

Of course with such criteria objectivity takes a back seat and political influence moves further forward.  But I like the fact some of the work produced by the board is factored into how we, as a coin and community, are portrayed and judged. 

Coin Gecko is a great site that uses some interesting metrics to formulate their rankings. I like the public interest rankings that use google results and the metrics for social media account followers etc that are also taken into account. Glad to hear EMC2 is in the top 100 HYPER has a decent ranking there too Wink

How is the crowdfunding campaign going?

Whoa, HYPER 35 ... its always good to see improved ratings eh?

The crowdfunding campaign is nearly 100% funded by the CC community, currently we tracked all of the funds except $10, which may have also come from the CC community.   It's great to see the broad base of support from the CC community, but disappointing to know that indiegogo's platform failed to produce donations of substance as of yet.   

When I search 'science' and see so many unproductive campaigns getting the prime search positioning above us I get steamed.   Two days ago someone put up a photo (no video) of a castle, the campaign title was something to the effect of 'want to start a science university', has about 5 paragraphs of text, a goal of 3.5M euro and bingo, he's in first position for keyword 'science'.   I noticed the campaign owner was an unverified 1 person team with no FB or Twitter connected followers, and no previous performance history with indiegogo yet he occupies first place on the 'science' search.   

Nevertheless, we've been working tirelessly to create a wealth of backlinks to connect the campaign to our keywords 'cryptocurrency', 'science', and 'crowd funding', in the primary search engines, in this way the campaign will continue to produce impressions for Dr. Havekes, EMC2, and the sponsors for a long while.

Although we are on track for exceeding our base goal I thought we would be working on our first performance goal by now.

This experience has enabled us to create some protocols and guidelines for different aspects of the whole process of CF, marketing, campaigning, and campaign mgmt. 

Believe it or not, it's very difficult to find science projects worthy of funding, if anyone thinks it's easy please take the job.  In the run up to the campaign I saw a number of other Science related campaigns that were very interesting, I reached out to some of them, 'videos for science teachers' campaign responded.  I think it would be good for EMC2 to be one of their youtube channel sponsors, that's something we will discuss after our respective campaigns have concluded. 

That experience opened up a new marketing tool for us.  So we created an account for The Einsteinium Foundation with the intent on finding worthy science projects to donate $1 to.  The donation will allows us to support the campaign, allows the campaign owners to be introduced to and learn about  EMC2, and allows us to contribute comments to the campaign that are visible to all who visit that campaign.   This high quality, and highly efficient form of outreach can lead to finding EMC2 grant candidates too. 

The more active EMC2 is in the CF space the more headway we create for the CC industry.   

Their system considers various factors to arrive at their ranking, specifically:

Development,
Community,
Social Networking,
Public Interest,
Liquidity
and
market capitalization

Of course with such criteria objectivity takes a back seat and political influence moves further forward.  But I like the fact some of the work produced by the board is factored into how we, as a coin and community, are portrayed and judged.  

Coin Gecko is a great site that uses some interesting metrics to formulate their rankings. I like the public interest rankings that use google results and the metrics for social media account followers etc that are also taken into account. Glad to hear EMC2 is in the top 100 HYPER has a decent ranking there too Wink

Whoa, HYPER 35 ... its always good to see improved ratings eh?

The crowdfunding campaign is nearly 100% funded by the CC community, currently we tracked all of the funds except $10, which may have also come from the CC community.   It's great to see the broad base of support from the CC community, but disappointing to know that indiegogo's platform failed to produce donations of substance as of yet.  

When I search 'science' and see so many unproductive campaigns getting the prime search positioning above us I get steamed.   Two days ago someone put up a photo (no video) of a castle, the campaign title was something to the effect of 'want to start a science university', has about 5 paragraphs of text, a goal of 3.5M euro and bingo, he's in first position for keyword 'science'.   I noticed the campaign owner was an unverified 1 person team with no FB or Twitter connected followers, and no previous performance history with indiegogo yet he occupies first place on the 'science' search.  

Nevertheless, we've been working tirelessly to create a wealth of backlinks to connect the campaign to our keywords 'cryptocurrency', 'science', and 'crowd funding', in the primary search engines, in this way the campaign will continue to produce impressions for Dr. Havekes, EMC2, and the sponsors for a long while.

Although we are on track for exceeding our base goal I thought we would be working on our first performance goal by now.

This experience has enabled us to create some protocols and guidelines for different aspects of the whole process of CF, marketing, campaigning, and campaign mgmt.  

Believe it or not, it's very difficult to find science projects worthy of funding, if anyone thinks it's easy please take the job.  In the run up to the campaign I saw a number of other Science related campaigns that were very interesting, I reached out to some of them, 'videos for science teachers' campaign responded.  I think it would be good for EMC2 to be one of their youtube channel sponsors, that's something we will discuss after our respective campaigns have concluded.  

That experience opened up a new marketing tool for us.  So we created an account for The Einsteinium Foundation with the intent on finding worthy science projects to donate $1 to.  The donation will allows us to support the campaign, allows the campaign owners to be introduced to and learn about  EMC2, and allows us to contribute comments to the campaign that are visible to all who visit that campaign.   This high quality, and highly efficient form of outreach can lead to finding EMC2 grant candidates too.  

The more active EMC2 is in the CF space the more headway we create for the CC industry.  

legendary
EMC2 would be higher up if something was updated on github ... hehe. Looks like we'll have to get a new wallet just to say it's new and shiny regardless that the old one works just fine Smiley

Campaign is crawling a bit, getting more action in coins than USD, which was to be expected. However, come end of the month many will get paid and then no excuses to drop a few bucks.  Grin

Nice ranking there HYPER, considering liquidity only on bittrex, pretty nice.

Development,
Community,
Social Networking,
Public Interest,
Liquidity
and
market capitalization

Of course with such criteria objectivity takes a back seat and political influence moves further forward.  But I like the fact some of the work produced by the board is factored into how we, as a coin and community, are portrayed and judged.  

Development,
Community,
Social Networking,
Public Interest,
Liquidity
and
market capitalization

legendary
was just wondering its been hours since I tried withdrawal on cryptsy and still says pending on there end but they take along time sometimes was just making sure it wasn't a problem on my end THX Cool

Just drew some coins from Cryptsy and it arrived exactly 3 minutes later. Maybe confirmation email?
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
was just wondering its been hours since I tried withdrawal on cryptsy and still says pending on there end but they take along time sometimes was just making sure it wasn't a problem on my end THX Cool
I just contributed my $1.00 i think the concept is great, looking forward to more projects... Good Job Einsteinium team.. i still have the few you were giving away @Varvarin on Poloniex

Thanks for your donation Kingnuze

can we count on you to help promote the campaign too?
legendary

can some one post current wallet  Grin

I have v0.8.7.1-unk-beta thanks

That's the v1.1, ie the latest one. Any particular reason?
can some one post current wallet  Grin
[
I have v0.8.7.1-unk-beta thanks
can some one post current wallet  Grin
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
 I just contributed my $1.00 i think the concept is great, looking forward to more projects... Good Job Einsteinium team.. i still have the few you were giving away @Varvarin on Poloniex
legendary
Here is the list of official EMC2 Foundation Donation Addresses (updated), majority are on Poloniex.com exchange, HYPER on Bittrex.com. EMC2 address is Foundation's official donation address.
--- If you have a coin not listed below you are willing to donate instead, please send a PM or a reply below and it will be added.

Thank you in advance - Varvarin - EMC2 Foundation.

HYPER: Sponsors HYPER address:HE1EdHGs2WcAk8doDeqMMkjFyL4eiCvVy6
PimpCash: Sponsors PIMP address: PC9MBuRxwycPXkwKgKdqdx42ZH75X7FsxS

Bitcoin: 1EGfNXBD3wYVbyZT7qnYG54CBjdCDy9xbt
Dogecoin: DHidkbqgNdoWrjGvhnXHpM9XQGkDDkA9Jv
Litecoin: LQtJ6kNCWAjKZoMpVGd8HdgwoMU9QyKBK7

Digibyte: DN88jr7aP1H799wJhBR9p9HrsQSXQ8stvd
Blackcoin: B6vVnzChfb9rcXHCWDaGqTZKjHXKgk2o8D
Blocknet: BmovLZXT4ZieWpguYfZSY9zE5UtmdiBWPj
Burst: BURST-VYPX-27PU-6GKW-2B33S
Cannacoin: CSx3A21odvpgYwkD6p4dxDkDvcrEPZQSAi
Curecoin: BNwfFaj8rd6Z2TiVZG3dDkRW57faYt2dwL
Darkcoin: XjR4JcfCcKtpg51hRxQbnmY1zxEP1pe6SD
Gapcoin: Gd9nGWG5u6RA4EQe1pdFEayAw4p2LLZpzr
Gamerscoin: Geh6sFtY5nFdF9igHRHd9fKcTABGqjeqFX
Gridcoin: GFz9MiAMoZWt2U9Gu9Xnd7qP7BY3DFQc7E
Magi: 9AW8noGx4ZkTMewimv1wuvmWv18GBWU5aZ
Mintcoin: McfvyiWNgpVxqfC7pzexPViLYsjENkeNyM
Myriadcoin: MKwhRnVsguCUy617th9P1uuHn9hUGGqKUQ
Nautiluscoin: NNuovFXoCMFGjuiwiN1dmzeNAYXfHSpsuw
Noblecoin: 9iU19DTzDAuu38G8NUNnPQV5HMiCjbzhrV
NobleNXT: NXT-JNML-PRQQ-238K-GMEZB
NXT: NXT-F4X9-JKAL-DCK6-5Y97T
Opal: ofiiottMLqZ2E4xiSfDyD3GJgRvnXgMxk6
Ripple: r9mhXahmMM2UqwQmi7K86EqVxUHy4HAx9r
Snowballs: SiWgs3d4QvNc2mbVLrPgNdKfbkzcuZhfw6
Supernet: NXT-UYK6-KLWH-TGF2-9NUMD
Viacoin: ViQzdV7zA56C2z8jhxDJwLAa7M8W2fVUf9
Vericoin: VMA36LR4desz679LAxMuGanBUqpze4fRXG
Vertcoin: Vo44YxMxyJLmjHFrzDBHHRo28gpknohWQp
Worldcoin: Wd352PdX9BHizRfAz996N1cYFX4GLVzCsA

Boolberry: deposit address: 1D9hJ1nEjwuhxZMk6fupoTjKLtS2KzkfCQ7kF25k5B6Sc4UJjt9FrvDNYomVd4ZVHv36FskVRJGZa1J ZAnZ35GiuAHf7gBy
payment id: f9cfc0b2bc4e502d9b4a8756e72f1e3e682a932bfd1be150d8afd0b298ad6fcb

Bytecoin: deposit address: 25cZNQYVAi3issDCoa6fWA2Aogd4FgPhYdpX3p8KLfhKC6sN8s6Q9WpcW4778TPwcUS5jEM25JrQvjD 3XjsvXuNHSWhYUsu
payement id: 88d902361e13ae604399aaedf6ccff7c59ffe7470f91d5c0363389d7d4174cea

Monero: deposit address: 47sghzufGhJJDQEbScMCwVBimTuq6L5JiRixD8VeGbpjCTA12noXmi4ZyBZLc99e66NtnKff34fHsGR oyZk3ES1s1V4QVcB
payment id: 3768f151a6698394b96b2366e90eb5f10ce75603a7f516296cb9688a62aa8fcd

Einsteinium: Ec8A9gLAnBdQymX9rbNhb1pg5mm1qScSRu
legendary
Congratulations for this Great Initiative,

PimpCash recognized the good cause, the active community and the great devs and managers of this project

We are making a 30,000 PIMPcash donation and in contact with Dev for better communications.

Way to go EMC2 Community, Great project to use Crypto for good.

I support this as much as is support PIMPcash i will double the donation from the pimpcash team.

Much appreciated. A new perk category has been added with PIMP as sponsor coin to indiegogo at the $10 donation level (provisionally, to be spruced up with logo and all shortly)
legendary
Activity: 1080
BTC - 14ZVqS5UGqhY77d5u9aUSW24ipRJ2g9wmm
Congratulations for this Great Initiative,

PimpCash recognized the good cause, the active community and the great devs and managers of this project

We are making a 30,000 PIMPcash donation and in contact with Dev for better communications.

Way to go EMC2 Community, Great project to use Crypto for good.

I support this as much as is support PIMPcash i will double the donation from the pimpcash team.
Jump to: