Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 289. (Read 1076368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Ryan,

Can we please have the files for the einsteinium site, & can you please transfer the domain name 'einsteinium.org', and the google gmail credentials for the einsteinium.org mail system over to me? Please let me know what information you need to facilitate this move?

Ive also sent you a PM.

I've given you guys all the info necessary. Please check PMs.

Yea thanks I did get your PM.
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
Ryan,

Can we please have the files for the einsteinium site, & can you please transfer the domain name 'einsteinium.org', and the google gmail credentials for the einsteinium.org mail system over to me? Please let me know what information you need to facilitate this move?

Ive also sent you a PM.

I've given you guys all the info necessary. Please check PMs.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
PayPal has announced it will start accepting Bitcoin as a payment method starting with ebay!

Read more: http://altcoinpress.com/2014/09/breaking-ebay-announces-paypal-bitcoin-integration/

They've been boasting and taunting this to cryptocurrency users for several months, until you actually see the Bitcoin option in the checkout don't fucking bother posting these articles up.
RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...
PayPal has announced it will start accepting Bitcoin as a payment method starting with ebay!

Read more: http://altcoinpress.com/2014/09/breaking-ebay-announces-paypal-bitcoin-integration/

legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
I could, but I think it would help if we had a wiki somewhere to post it to. Smiley  I have a feeling that just posting it here, that it would get lost in the thread.

True but we need one that we could add in a folder when we give the prize to the winner of ''EPOCH'' (they might not know really well how everythings works). Adding an ''how-to'' to a congratulation message might bring them to stay in the community and not switch to btc or fiat.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Report To The EMC2 Community

A week into this new management's administration, we have experienced ups, and ups, and ups, and also some downs -- all in stride.  Although we are up to the task we know our goals can be realized faster with more assistance from concerned EMC2 community members -- please volunteer some of your time.

Review, Reconcile, Rethink, and Rebuild

did
Analyzing -- we looked at all major systems, did comparisons, and ran probabilities to get a good idea of what the true condition of EMC2 was, particularly how it was viewed: in the world of science, in the CC world, and in its own community (introspective).  

Assessing -- we determined that in the world of science einsteinium.org was irrelevant,  in the CC world EMC2 was insignificant, and in the EMC2 community as a whole EMC2 was hopeless.   However, we also determined that EMC2 could regain some core strength if it focused its limited resources on vital areas, most specifically market value.  It was then determined that if we could responsibly (no market tricks) increase the worth of the coin by 25% in the span of 3 days it would signal the faint heart beat of a coin regaining consciousness.  

Planning -- we determined that with the focused attention of at least 3 committed community leaders it was possible to stop the financial hemorrhaging that was dooming the coin, we believed that if we could show the community that the coin was no longer bleeding that it was possible to reverse its immediate condition over a permissible time.   Little did we know that the community would respond so positively to the management change.  

Executing -- to date 97% of all relevant EMC2 management material has been provided.  The transfer essentially enabled us to provide a clean break from the past, and create a fresh new beginning.  The official website is the only relevant item not within our control.   Although there remains a trust fund reconciliation issues you (the community) have all of the info we have on it, we are working with what we have access to, of course we will report any material change upon occurrence.   If you look around you will notice some small but relevant changes including by not limited to: pg 1 of EMC2 ANN page, and delisting of 2 non performing exchanges from www.coinmarketcap.com.  

In an effort to safeguard EMC2, particularly at this extremely sensitive time of redevelopment we created The Guardians program (see earlier post for more details), this program is a vehicle for those who want to sell large amounts of EMC2 safely, quickly, and privately without negatively impacting any of the public markets.  

Mining is a major fundamental component of every coin, we recognize that and have added a new mining pool.

doing
One of the hardest things to do in a voluntary relationship is to get along.  Our team is multinational as well as transcontinental, we regard anonymity, and yet are of one mind with respect to the redevelopment of EMC2.

We spend lots of time reading messages, not just from one another but also from various forums and mail services -- we need volunteers to help triage messages.  Sometimes intriguing offers are presented, in those cases we look into them and discuss them.  Only after a comfortable degree of examination do we consider it for adoption; so far many presentations have risen to that level a couple were rejected, many were approved and now awaiting funding, and some others are in the finalization process.  We are constantly considering opportunities for EMC2.

When we did our analysis of 'EMC2 needs' vs 'available human resources', we determined that although our force could handle the coin's actual needs, we new the challenge would be in the 'wants' of the community.   We knew the community had grown accustomed to some communication luxuries that our human resources could no longer afford.   In addition to volunteers, we are looking into tools that would allow us to post a single message that would travel through multiple media simultaneously.

The EMC2 valuation report is the first tool to help protect the community against damaging pump and dump trickery.  On a weekly basis, or whenever PND red flags are recognized we will present to you our opinion as to what we believe EMC2 is worth and why.   Over time the report will be less frequent, we don't want to infringe on an honest and free open market.

We are actively compiling a list of contractors (developers and others) to assist in the building of EMC2 please help us add names to the list.

The Report To The Community is provided every 3 to 5 days, once the coin reaches specific level of stability it will be a weekly publication, at about 1000 sat it will likely become a monthly message.

will do
We are constantly cleaning up outdated info not just text info but also some of the graphics as well, this pertains to all of the mediums that voice the EMC2 message within our control.  

A EMC2 Budget will be created, most of the line items are already in place however since the income side of the equation is so uncertain the expense side is difficult to calculate.  We believe that as projects are funded revenue will become more stable and reliable.  We are also considering non-taxing revenue streams.  For example we will create a store that will allow for the safe purchase of goods and service with EMC2, we will also have an escrow service that will allow for the movement of EMC2.  

We believe EMC2 is spread too thin across the public markets rendering it vulnerable, in that light we are trying to communicate with AllCoin, and Atomic Trade exchanges to have EMC2 delisted only at their exchanges.

There will be many times in which we will present the community with voting opportunities, as such we are designing voting protocols and procedures so that when those times arrive we will be ready.

We are experiencing some technical difficulties at the finalizing stage for the first of a few multi-sig wallets for funds disbursement by mgmt.

We are reaching out to Poloniex about our sponsorship of a EMC2 giveaway, we believe this is a healthy marketing tool for EMC2.  

We want to provide ongoing outreach to schools for project and sponsorship opportunities, we need volunteers to maximize the effort.  

The voter approved POS conversion initiative will be implementation as soon as funds are responsibly budgeted for the effort.   There are a number of other code changes that will occur at that time as well, like reducing the number of confirmation needed to clear wallet funds.

wishlist
Our wishlist highlights items that will make our jobs easier ie:  comprehensive blockchain explorer, and paper wallet generator, of course our greatest wish is for volunteers.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
https://cryptassist.io
I could, but I think it would help if we had a wiki somewhere to post it to. Smiley  I have a feeling that just posting it here, that it would get lost in the thread.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
I am almost always in the #EMC2 channel on freenode, if anyone needs help with the wallet/client, mining, etc. 

One thing I can offer is if anyone would like to fire up a new P2Pool node, but needs the networks.py files, please let me know and i'll post them up. I also suggest registering your node on p2pools.org so miners can easily find the node closest to them.

Good if we get any questions related to that, you'll be our man to go.
Would you be able to create an ''how-to'' on how to use the wallet (how to install it, how to back-up wallet.dat, how to send/receive, how to import private keys, etc.) ?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
https://cryptassist.io
I am almost always in the #EMC2 channel on freenode, if anyone needs help with the wallet/client, mining, etc. 

One thing I can offer is if anyone would like to fire up a new P2Pool node, but needs the networks.py files, please let me know and i'll post them up. I also suggest registering your node on p2pools.org so miners can easily find the node closest to them.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
Nice to see that the coin has been taken over by people that care.

Good luck guys!!!
legendary
Ryan,

Ive also sent you a PM.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I hope einsteinium will be known better by the science community with the efforts of our new board. I don't expect a night and day difference by tomorrow either. But it will gain that popularity day by day. Einsteinium is not another "scam" coin. We talk about a vision that is to know "you help (donate) science and research when just using this coin".  We are going to see Einsteinium stand as many of others go extinct. 
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity

To create new coin and support other with adding number of features are different things. I really want EMC2 to succeed, because you said it - there are 500+ coins on the market. I should tell you something you maybe don't know. At least 20% of those coins are created by 2-5 developers and 95% of them are dead. That is why I told you it will be very hard to revive Einsteinium. People are sheeps in general and they want to be millionaires in 2 days, but once they realize that the truth is different - they just give up. Why EMC2 project was left by original developer? Why so many other good coins are struggling? Because I said it... people are sheeps.

Which is why we want to avoid future pump & dumps with EMC2.

EMC2 is being re-released as a long term investment with some big plans. Armis will be releasing regular reports with board member opinions on the coins current worth with a view to protecting potential investors. We are not intentionally shooting for a high price next week (not to say it wont happen), but rather a consistent, reliable, investment-worthy coin, that will produce returns long term together with the possibility of short-term gains for savvy traders.

You can protect investors if they (or you) have more money than others. It's that simple. Developers who launched 10s of coins have thousands of BTC in their wallets. When they launch new coin, they also create hype. Many features are promised and sometimes delivered, then the coin is pumped by themselves and then dumped. Guess what happens next? Launching a new coin of course. I believe that things will look different if people stop investing on every new coin and put together their efforts in 1-5 coins for example, but that is just a dream and I said it why... people are sheeps.
legendary

To create new coin and support other with adding number of features are different things. I really want EMC2 to succeed, because you said it - there are 500+ coins on the market. I should tell you something you maybe don't know. At least 20% of those coins are created by 2-5 developers and 95% of them are dead. That is why I told you it will be very hard to revive Einsteinium. People are sheeps in general and they want to be millionaires in 2 days, but once they realize that the truth is different - they just give up. Why EMC2 project was left by original developer? Why so many other good coins are struggling? Because I said it... people are sheeps.

Which is why we want to avoid future pump & dumps with EMC2.

EMC2 is being re-released as a long term investment with some big plans. Armis will be releasing regular reports with board member opinions on the coins current worth with a view to protecting potential investors. We are not intentionally shooting for a high price next week (not to say it wont happen), but rather a consistent, reliable, investment-worthy coin, that will produce returns long term together with the possibility of short-term gains for savvy traders.

We have a lot of plans in store for EMC2. At the moment we are still in the 'take-over' stage from the original dev's. Taking over domains and even simple things such as acquiring email addresses is not as straight-forward as some may think. There are a lot of politics involved. Some of these guys worked hard to get EMC2 to where it is now ie a recognised, unique coin & its handover may not come easy. But we have been publicly given the go ahead & we are determined to work through the process. Remember, Armis, myself, & Djnocide are but 3 people. We werent handed this coin on a platter, but we all know its successful aquisition will potentially provide big dividends, not only for us, but for all investors, and the community as a whole. This coin is unique and it has great potential. The groundwork has been done. None of us are programmers & we accept we may have to pay for any changes made to the coin, and are willing to do so, if required. No matter, we are all confident we have the team that can take a coin such as EMC2 to the point that its subsequent value alone will pay for the changes that need to be made.

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
In the last vote, we decided EMC2 will be changed to POS, I want to know now what is progress?
If you can not change the POS as soon as possible, so now the price is likely to be downward.

Afeizhai, thanks for your message and concern.  

EMC2 is operating with new management, we are reviewing everything and budgeting accordingly.  Any major upgrades that have not been implemented are either paused (ie: POS conversion), or under review for functionality (ie: new wallet).

There are three ways POS will be implemented:
1) it is included into the budget,
2) a benefactor (such as yourself) provides the funding to pay for the project,
or
3) a developer performs the job free.  

Our new budget has not yet begun to form,  when that takes place we will take a responsible look at when we can implement the POS conversion.

Given our week long tenure, our current priorities, and the absence of a budget, the POS conversion will not occur anytime soon.

If a developer is willing to do the job free, they could start immediately.
If a benefactor is willing to fund the project we will create a job listing to find a contractor for the job, once we have a suitable candidate s/he will start immediately after contract.

EMC2 will need at least 10 BTC for start. Believe me, it is very hard (nearly impossible) to find coders which will support it for free (or for EMC2 coins).

Your pricing is way off base, I have a short list of developers who will create a whole new coin for a fraction of what you have quoted.

With 500+ coins on the market today, developers are beginning to auction off their services, especially when it involves a coin they have no respect for.   There are a number of different classes of coins forming as Oldminer alluded to in the EMC2 market value analysis above with his comparative statement.   All coins are not the same, and developers are pricing their services accordingly.

When a coin gets to the point of being universally regarded support comes in many different ways and directions.   EMC2 is a good coin, with a tortured past that brought us to this point.  The new admin is 5 days old, we are committed to buffing out the tarnish to restore the luster we know is there.  

EMC2 experienced its first jaring "pricing adjustment" since the mgmt change.   I don't know why it occurred, but I do know that it started at Cryptsy and reverberated to other exchanges.  We are taking steps to mitigate the harsh effects of larger volume sell-offs.

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
The official website in undergoing technical difficulties, we will update everyone once we get more informations on the situation.

Website still down.
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
The official website in undergoing technical difficulties, we will update everyone once we get more informations on the situation.
The Guardians [name subject to change] is a group of EMC2 holders who are committed to the structural integrity and financial viability of EMC2.

It is a private list of individual investors who can be called on to buy EMC2 at a moment's notice when large volumes of EMC2 are offered up privately for sale.   This system will serve to blunt the effects of malicious dumps that often result in panic sell-offs.

It will start rather open, but will eventually be prioritized based on dependable and ability:  track record of program performance, tenure of unused funds, amount of unused funds, community engagement (volunteer),  and response time, financial ability.

For example, someone has a personal emergency, needs cash but doesn't want to hurt EMC2 with the cash-out, they contact us, we view the avg rate on all three exchanges, provide a pro forma quote so that the seller knows exactly what to expect, if he agrees he sends coin to us in the increments requested.  In that same time we send a message via tweet to the Guardians informing them of the quantity of coin available at price certain.  The first affirmative responder will have the opportunity to buy the amount they indicated up to 2/3rd of the lot; the 2nd person will be able to buy the amount they indicated up to 50% of the balance, and the 3rd person will be able to do the same, any leftover will be offered to the next responder.   

The whole transaction may take from 1 to 8 hours, depending on amount of funds involve and availability of escrow admins to facilitate the deal (we need 2 of 3 admins to sign for out going payments), from the time the seller agrees with the quoted rate.

This tool is likely to be rarely used, however it will serve as a financial security feature that checks unjustified negative downturns inspired by malicious intent.   In other words, if you see a big drop in price someone likely dumped EMC2 on the market to provoke a selling frenzy (panic sell) -- your response should simply be to just buy up the cheap coins and continue with the day. 

This will start as a free service [tip address provided], whenever it changes to a fee service the fee will be lower than if it was transacted at Mintpal, Cryptsy, or Poloniex. 

Please contact one of the admins if you want to be considered for one of the 9 remaining seats. 

Activity: 536
Merit: 252
In the last vote, we decided EMC2 will be changed to POS, I want to know now what is progress?
If you can not change the POS as soon as possible, so now the price is likely to be downward.

Afeizhai, thanks for your message and concern.  

EMC2 is operating with new management, we are reviewing everything and budgeting accordingly.  Any major upgrades that have not been implemented are either paused (ie: POS conversion), or under review for functionality (ie: new wallet).

There are three ways POS will be implemented:
1) it is included into the budget,
2) a benefactor (such as yourself) provides the funding to pay for the project,
or
3) a developer performs the job free.  

Our new budget has not yet begun to form,  when that takes place we will take a responsible look at when we can implement the POS conversion.

Given our week long tenure, our current priorities, and the absence of a budget, the POS conversion will not occur anytime soon.

If a developer is willing to do the job free, they could start immediately.
If a benefactor is willing to fund the project we will create a job listing to find a contractor for the job, once we have a suitable candidate s/he will start immediately after contract.

EMC2 will need at least 10 BTC for start. Believe me, it is very hard (nearly impossible) to find coders which will support it for free (or for EMC2 coins).

Your pricing is way off base, I have a short list of developers who will create a whole new coin for a fraction of what you have quoted.

With 500+ coins on the market today, developers are beginning to auction off their services, especially when it involves a coin they have no respect for.   There are a number of different classes of coins forming as Oldminer alluded to in the EMC2 market value analysis above with his comparative statement.   All coins are not the same, and developers are pricing their services accordingly.

When a coin gets to the point of being universally regarded support comes in many different ways and directions.   EMC2 is a good coin, with a tortured past that brought us to this point.  The new admin is 5 days old, we are committed to buffing out the tarnish to restore the luster we know is there.  

EMC2 experienced its first jaring "pricing adjustment" since the mgmt change.   I don't know why it occurred, but I do know that it started at Cryptsy and reverberated to other exchanges.  We are taking steps to mitigate the harsh effects of larger volume sell-offs.

Jump to: