Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 324. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

I'm completely open to hearing from the community about what exchanges they use and prefer us to be on. I have already sent messages to some of the smaller exchanges (AllCoin, Atomic, Europex) to be de-listed. Personally, I like Vault of Satoshi, Mintpal, and Poloniex. I can also email Cryptsy for de-listing if the community agrees, but truly at the end of the day it's the decision of the exchange themselves to add or remove us.

As a first step, I will be editing our OP to only include the worthy markets upon hearing back from more members as to what they prefer to use.

So it's open ground, let the public discussion commence! What exchange markets do you prefer to buy and sell EMC2 on?

IMO Mintpal is the best in terms of beautiful and easy interface, superior functionality, fast and stable server. Second would be Poloniex. Forget cryptshit and others.

Changing algo could be a good thing, i would have no problem mining vert and emc2 at the same time but i don't think the community would like the scrypt-n effect on gpu's. it's an idea we have to see as a good option for the future (short and long term)

If we have to change algo, I prefer x11 as cards are super cool compared to other algo. Sorry I can't stand mining scrypt or scrypt-n with my VGA anymore epsecially during summer. 
Activity: 128
dont worry if it go more down i keep buying and friend of me gonna buy for 10 btc if it go under 115
Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
I've always viewed using the "Einsteinium" BTCTalk account for official news releases. I use my personal account when I am reaching out personally.

Would the community rather see me post from the "Einsteinium" BTCTalk account opposed to my personal account?

If you have a lead or contact with talented developers, marketers, etc. Please contact me here ASAP.

Do you prefer a shift in algorithms for small miners? If so, make your claim and gather support. Let's reach out to developers who are interested in the concept or give me their contact information so I can do so personally.

- Ryan Wright
The Einsteinium Foundation
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
The price is falling down  Sad
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
KGW and Digishield come to mind.

it would be nice if you could someone limits khs from a specific up address network wide during mining.

I know when I was mining Naut the week before last - these people with 300 and 500 mhs would show up and destroy everyone - and some of them were giant GPU farms so that shoot a hole in hybrid algos as a defense mechanism.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
I'm so sad to say what happens with this coin is exactly what happens with RPC or small scrypt coin in general. In the RPC thread I've warned the creator a few months ago and they called me troller, FUD spreader, even deleted my post. Ok the creator is not a dev himself so he couldn't understand some technical stuffs.
I posted here as well about a month ago about changing the hashing algo in order to avoid ASICs. The dev listens to the community and tested to change to X11. I don't know why he/they postpone it, or even cancelled??
Look at what happening now with 2 biggest scrypt coins out there LTC and DOGE. A handful of ASICs miners scare off the whole community. What do you think what will happen to us?
Accept the fact now, guys. Scrypt is dead. But I don't want to see this coin has the same fate. If you want to have a real science coin, look at Curecoin. I think it is an amazing idea.

what - I'm a small scrypt miner and I mine LTC, Doge and EMC all the time - the big scrypt miners have not scared me off at all. My income is the same as it was three months ago.

Smiley

I resoundingly agree with the stated proposal that an emphasis be put on some level of integration with experiment.com. Changing algos is only a temporary fix because none of GPU algos are truly asic proof and this will shock the X11 and Scrypt-N markets as new hardware is introduced (discovered to have been in use for months) in a few months. Hybrid POW/POS with straight Scrypt and a more advanced method for adjusting difficulty would be a move I would like to see. I know it is currently unpopular to say so but Asics will not become as powerful for Scrypt as with SHA-256 but they may lower power consumption, and provide for strong networks.  
Activity: 266
I'm so sad to say what happens with this coin is exactly what happens with RPC or small scrypt coin in general. In the RPC thread I've warned the creator a few months ago and they called me troller, FUD spreader, even deleted my post. Ok the creator is not a dev himself so he couldn't understand some technical stuffs.
I posted here as well about a month ago about changing the hashing algo in order to avoid ASICs. The dev listens to the community and tested to change to X11. I don't know why he/they postpone it, or even cancelled??
Look at what happening now with 2 biggest scrypt coins out there LTC and DOGE. A handful of ASICs miners scare off the whole community. What do you think what will happen to us?
Accept the fact now, guys. Scrypt is dead. But I don't want to see this coin has the same fate. If you want to have a real science coin, look at Curecoin. I think it is an amazing idea.

what - I'm a small scrypt miner and I mine LTC, Doge and EMC all the time - the big scrypt miners have not scared me off at all. My income is the same as it was three months ago.

Smiley
Activity: 938
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Activity: 289
Nothing is going to happen without a proper dev onboard.

The official Dev posted on page page 223 post #4458. To me this post looks like there is a Dev onboard but recent posts from Foundation make is sound like he is not onboard.

It does not help that the Foundation members post from their own accounts and also from the Foundation "einsteinium" account.  Many people probably don't realize that "ahumanbeingx" user also posting on this page is Ryan who is part of the Foundation. Christine posts with both "praxiscat" and the "einsteinium" account as well but it seems she has posted long enough that most people know that she is with the Foundation regardless of the account......I wish there was some consistency here for new people that may come to the thread.

HwM
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Nothing is going to happen without a proper dev onboard.
tz
Activity: 350
Merit: 251
How long since someone form the EMC2 staff posted something? Are the devs working on anything? In it's current state, the coin will not make it to the next epoch. Sorry to say, but this coin is dying a slow death. It's noble what they are trying to do with the foundation and I completely support that, but if they don't integrate the coin in the process, the coin will be nothing but imaginary money with absolutely no value. Stop funding your projects with real money and start using EMC2. It's the only way this coin will ever become something.
Activity: 466
Thats the real thing...if a merchant start accepting the coin it will automatically improve coin's value. Isnt it why bitcoin is so famous:P
Activity: 398
Instead of changing the algorithm or more marketing, i would strongly suggest that the currency needs to approach merchants and get some real value. Trading only was never the goal of emc2.

Good luck with that. If I go to the market right now and buy emc2 worth 3 pizzas i will move the market price by 10%. What merchant is going to accept such a currency? Or am i missing something?
Activity: 196
Changing algo could be a good thing, i would have no problem mining vert and emc2 at the same time but i don't think the community would like the scrypt-n effect on gpu's. it's an idea we have to see as a good option for the future (short and long term)

At the same time, those who mined EMC -> will produce VTC PLX MON

After the change of the algorithm immediately add on https://give-me-coins.com
Now there is a triple mining: VTC + MON + PLX.

Just change algo, make more advertising and help science projects.
Activity: 466
Instead of changing the algorithm or more marketing, i would strongly suggest that the currency needs to approach merchants and get some real value. Trading only was never the goal of emc2.
Activity: 289
I am holding a decent amount of coins and hope the Foundation is able to get things back on track, granted this is no easy tasks with people having day jobs as a priority. I agree with what others have said above that without miner support in the short term there is no long-term to worry about. The Foundation has said that changing algo's will not make a difference overall but it really does, the alt coin mining environment is evolving away from the basic plain no POS scrypt coin.

When larger scrypt asics come out they will be able to mine coins at a very low cost, selling at cheaper prices over GPU miners. This will ultimately alienate the GPU miner and send them on to another coin.......regardless if this is for a good cause. I have smaller scale scrypt asics myself and even with that being said I would rather see this suceed versus sticking with scrypt and losing the GPU miners.

The team should take some pointers from another ethical coin http://curecoin.net which has a lower block reward but at least a more stable value. They also have a decent method to equally allow CPU/GPU and Asics to contribute in a fair way. (Asics secure the network and CPU/GPU are folding).  Of course folding differs from the scope of science related projects here but for the people that want to contribute to a good cause while mining.........this currently looks better than EMC2.

Please don't ignore the issue of mining and press forward with marketing......that is only a short term solution.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Great,I start to slowly rebuy emc2
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
Without changing the algorithm, I do not see any prospects for this coin.

Lets make merged mining with vertcoin. And change algo to scrypt-n.
If you need help with this, let's turn to vetcoin community, I think they will be happy to help us.

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
ahumanbeingx, mark this point on the EMC2 chart you have initiated a new beginning, your last 4 posts provide a level of openness that serves to stabilize EMC2. 

Jump to: