Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 321. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 254
i think (as it may sound funny) this critical situation can be useful for coin. As the saying goes "A friend in need is a friend indeed", the team updated and acquired experience. I am of course difficult to judge, I'm not invested tens of BTC in EMC2, but I bought the coins for so much money that I can take a risk and not afraid of losing. But I think that EMC2 cope with the crisis. All problems have right decision
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
When was website update? i missed something? I like new design. EMC2 start headway Smiley

I saw it yesterday when I was looking for new project nomination deadline dates.   

The site infrastructure appears to be in place although many of the details are still coming together.

I think you are right to mention it before official mention, EMC2 needs as much meaningful encouragement as possible at this critical time.

The website is a step in the right direction, we have to do what we can to help emc2 grow.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
When was website update? i missed something? I like new design. EMC2 start headway Smiley

I saw it yesterday when I was looking for new project nomination deadline dates.   

The site infrastructure appears to be in place although many of the details are still coming together.

I think you are right to mention it before official mention, EMC2 needs as much meaningful encouragement as possible at this critical time.
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
Whoa, "Vlad2Vlad"  Shocked  ... you here to help EMC2 out of this major jam, or to issue last rites?

Your wealth of CC knowledge, and hands-on aggressive style may be the shot-in-the-arm needed to wake EMC2 up out of its current coma.    

Do you currently own any EMC2?

Have you followed EMC2 at any point in the past 4 weeks?

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
well whatever iam holding them not selling them this cheap just be patient
Activity: 798

10% PoS per month is massive inflation and it will drive the value of this coin into the ground while encouraging hoarding, thus killing the velocity of the coin and with it, any value it has.

If PoS is added it has to be a small amount, something less than 8% PER YEAR.  Even that would be seen as a high inflation rate but much more rational than 10% per month.

did you post in the wrong thread?
this coin cannot go proof of stake..
without mining there is no way to generate revenue for the fund to support scientific projects. ie the point of the coin.

sure you could tax the stakeholders instead of the miners but who is going to invest in a coin that is perpetually being inflated and then taxed?

miners are flyby night.. they come in they mine they sell for a profit they don't care too much about what they mine as long as it is profitable.. so it doesn't matter how high the levy is.. as long as the coin is profitable compared to other coins it will attract miners.

PoW coins are inflationary in the beginning because new coins are being created at a relatively fast rate... over time the block reward halves reducing the inflation and putting upward pressure on the coin making it more profitable for the miners who then switch over to mining the coin. it is a self stabilizing system so it can be taxed quite easily. (and even easier with Merged mining as has been stated in previous posts)

in a PoS system.. if the inflation is fixed then the coin is constantly being devalued. this gives people a reason to spend the coin. if you then tax those people for holding the coin, it gives them more reason to spend their coin... however if they don't have anywhere to spend their coin.. they will simply dump it into the market causing the price to further fall leading to more people dumping....with fixed inflation there is no self adjusting mechanism...

now if you implement a PoS system where the inflation is not fixed.. ie it decreases over time, say 8% first year then 7% the next.. then that really does just give people less reason to hold it over time which defeats the purpose of the PoS in the first place.

i think that regardless of which system this coin uses they wont be able to generate significant revenues to further the coins mission unless they grow the pie.. ie unless more people are actively using the coin for goods and services. In my view, basing your entire revenue stream on a speculative bubble is a terrible way to fund scientific research which by its very nature requires steady and ongoing funding across multiple years.

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

10% PoS per month is massive inflation and it will drive the value of this coin into the ground while encouraging hoarding, thus killing the velocity of the coin and with it, any value it has.

If PoS is added it has to be a small amount, something less than 8% PER YEAR.  Even that would be seen as a high inflation rate but much more rational than 10% per month.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

I'm having a hard time figuring out how many coins are out right now for this coin and what the hard cap is.

Can anybody clarify this?

Thanks!
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
The coin could have made traction with a switch to a more power efficient, much cooler algo. I suggested this many times but was me with disgust. Thankfully it prompted me to sell my stake ( good job dev team ). I still see people talking about an algo change would not be beneficial. Well, the writing is pretty friggin obvious. Scrypt is for ASIC's now and all such coins are seeing the price plummet. The miners that have cpu/gpu farms are gone from here, again as warned. It's 90+ degrees in the Southeast USA daily now, and coins with dramatically less power usage and heat generation are soaring in profitability. Hate to say "told ya so", but yeah - did that..

well armes in the begin before EMC2 was on cryptsy it went too 1331 and i sold at 1300 just be patient and dont loose faith iam 3 years in this cryptogame

Dailey123, 1331 was a direct result of the new kid on the block fad fame; since that time it has never seen that rate again.  

3 years in the CC industry is great I wish such tenure was relevant to the way things are done now, but they aren't, not for BTC and not for any of the alts either.  Back then a press release was magic, as EMC2 recently experienced it no longer packs the same punch.  These are different times, times that now require greater and more concentrated efforts.  Remember when Doge could literally chat up its market value, well that's finished, just like many of the strategies and tactics of the past.

We are entering a time in the CC evolution in which security is more important than ever, and genuine community involvement (not simple hype) is NECESSARY for meaningful growth and stability.  The line of demarcation occurred in early Feb of this year, when the CC community finally came to the realization that real money was being lost chasing cryptocash.  The oddest thing in the world is the fact that although everyone knows how to literally create new money, so many still prefer to steal and scam it away -- Mt Gox  (once biggest, oldest, and most trusted exchange in CC history).

Anyway fad fame enjoyed by new coins almost always result in a higher unrealistic beginnings followed by far more realistic and stable longer term values.  Essentially the coin has its beginning range, its end range, and its middle range comprised of high, low, and mean averages.  Historically, the ONLY time EMC2 has seen this level of low was when it was growing in and out of it in/at the beginning range/stage, not sinking into it, indicative of end stage activity.  

EMC2 is at a critical juncture, in need of emergency care from the community, there is no time for complacency -- this is NOT a test, it is a real emergency.
legendary
Activity: 1386
yeah friend of me said he is gonna invest too in this and will try help in the long run let it go up

Wow, look at all the investors. A little over 0.5 BTC in total buy orders at Poloniex. Yeah guys just ride it out, it will bounce back... Yeah, no big changes needed, it's about long term. Really, that's the stance?

Well I've seen ALOT of coins and I am crossing my fingers the team implements PoS so people have a reason to buy and hold the coin - to earn interest while staking for science! So no, I suppose that isn't the stance.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
yeah friend of me said he is gonna invest too in this and will try help in the long run let it go up

Wow, look at all the investors. A little over 0.5 BTC in total buy orders at Poloniex. Yeah guys just ride it out, it will bounce back... Yeah, no big changes needed, it's about long term. Really, that's the stance?

legendary
PoS coins are very popular and seem to have very stable and increasing exchange rates (as people hold onto them to stake more coins)

Give EMC2 10% monthly interest is another idea which could be relatively easily implemented and will most likely "save the coin"

This is the easiest, fastest way to see big turnaround in EMC2

EDIT: let me know asap if this will be implemented as I will buy a lot Wink

Staking for Science! Has a nice ring to it too Wink Most pure scrypt mining coins are failing as it has been done to death, PoS is the future and EMC2 is a good fit for it Wink It will make the network more secure too.

While my merge mining suggestion above would be cool - I don't expect the community to agree to such a radical change. In my opinion implementing PoS asap could be exactly what EMC2 needs and in terms of effort required to positive outcome ratio it is probably the most effective thing which can be done right now.
legendary
It's time to start thinking like one of the new leaders -- what would you do if you were placed at the helm of the EMC2 ship?  If that's too much, what is it that you feel EMC2 should do, or happen within the EMC2 community, to result in a real upswing in EMC2 market value?

What i would do:
#1 no algo change, right now we couldn't please everyone is this community.

#2 merge mine  with 1 or 2 small coin with potential (not p&d) (digibyte, noblecoin or any coin that have proven what it's worth). why merge mine with a small coin? Because it would help both if we merge mine with a bigger, more establish coin it will look like we are his little pet. Emc2 is worth much more than that. With a small coin, both community can work to make things work for both coin. Since a lot of small coin have difficulty right, it would be the best time to do it. We would have to make a list of potential coin to merge mine with, let's see which coin the community think is worth it.

#3 No PR campaign until everything is done. it would take some times for the community to find the right coin and one that want to merge mine too.

#4 when it's done, it's show time, ads, video and everything to let the net knows what happened. In the same time, working on expanding the usefulness of both coins (trying to find as many vendors as we can to accept both coins). Not necessarily any vendors but maybe focusing on vendors related to the goal of each coin.

#5 Going back to the exchanges.

#1 & #3 are clear.    #5 is a bit unclear

I think #2 is a discussion point that has been mention numerous times and should be given legs so that it could be thoroughly considered by the community, and subsequently voted on (adopted or rejected).  

In what way, if any, do you see the subject of merge mining as relevant to the market value of EMC2?

The value will rise if we choose the right coin to merge mine with. We can't choose any coins and do it. We have to find one that will make the merge mine beneficial for both. Don't know if a coin like that exist right now. We can't really take merge mining lightly right now with the position emc2 is at. It's an option we have to consider. Only merge mine won't save emc2, it's the actions made after that, that will save emc2 if we do it.
It's time to start thinking like one of the new leaders -- what would you do if you were placed at the helm of the EMC2 ship?  If that's too much, what is it that you feel EMC2 should do, or happen within the EMC2 community, to result in a real upswing in EMC2 market value?

What i would do:

#2 merge mine  with 1 or 2 small coin with potential (not p&d) (digibyte, noblecoin or any coin that have proven what it's worth). why merge mine with a small coin? Because it would help both if we merge mine with a bigger, more establish coin it will look like we are his little pet. Emc2 is worth much more than that. With a small coin, both community can work to make things work for both coin. Since a lot of small coin have difficulty right, it would be the best time to do it. We would have to make a list of potential coin to merge mine with, let's see which coin the community think is worth it.

#3 No PR campaign until everything is done. it would take some times for the community to find the right coin and one that want to merge mine too.

#4 when it's done, it's show time, ads, video and everything to let the net knows what happened. In the same time, working on expanding the usefulness of both coins (trying to find as many vendors as we can to accept both coins). Not necessarily any vendors but maybe focusing on vendors related to the goal of each coin.

#1 & #3 are clear.    #5 is a bit unclear

I think #2 is a discussion point that has been mention numerous times and should be given legs so that it could be thoroughly considered by the community, and subsequently voted on (adopted or rejected).  

In what way, if any, do you see the subject of merge mining as relevant to the market value of EMC2?

legendary
EMC2 should Be merge mined with BTC and use receiver files like Devcoin (so the sponsored projects receive EMC2 every month ongoing)

Other people who want to be involved in the project can be on the receiver files and earn EMC2 every month for their marketing efforts.

e.g bloggers can earn some each month for having EMC2 banners on their blogs, people can earn some for having EMC2 in their signature, administrators of EMC2 project can earn for their ongoing work etc.

Merge mining with Bitcoin also has benefit of saving energy and also EMC2 will be secured by huge network power.

Any coin like this with a mission should implement receiver files and merge mining like DVC.

All old EMC2 coins should be migrated to new merge mined blockchain - this should happen within 2 weeks!

Devcoin value is arguably low as there is no hard limit on the number of coins - EMC2 will have much less coins created each month equals higher value.

Wink

P.S Otherwise just keep doing what you are doing - this is crypto and everyone needs to understand most coins are not going to be the next Litecoin and the best thing right now is for the project to keep on keeping on. People have been freaking out way too much in this thread and there really is no need for it. EMC2 is still worth more than BTC was at one stage Wink
well armes in the begin before EMC2 was on cryptsy it went too 1331 and i sold at 1300 just be patient and dont loose faith iam 3 years in this cryptogame
legendary

What i would do:

i hope you like this answer better  Wink

Jump to: