Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 325. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Without changing the algorithm, I do not see any prospects for this coin.

Lets make merged mining with vertcoin. And change algo to scrypt-n.
If you need help with this, let's turn to vetcoin community, I think they will be happy to help us.

Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
Activity: 180
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
It makes me sad to see emc2 in the state it is right now. I was searching for sth totally different, found emc2, found bitcoins, altcoins. Trading has been a major source of income for me since years, so I have been trading altcoins since that day. That was some interesting (and succesfull) experience thus far. In the past two months I learned alot (I hope) about this market, I will write down my view on emc2. I do not claim to be right, dont know if it is helpfull, but it wont hurt for sure.

One of the major mistakes was, the permanent emphasis on the "long run". As far as I can see there is no "long run". Altcoins are one of the most volatile and risky invetsments you can make. Most traders are focussing on the short term and are probably right to do so (you can still buy sth and hold if you like the concept, just do it with a very small amount of your money). Like it or not, but ignoring the market environment is not going to lead to a succesfull product. This market is 80% about hype, if you want your coin to succeed you have to accept that and behave appropriately.

I dont know how many times I have read (not only here), that while a coin is in freefall mode, it would be good thing that all the short term guys are selling and only the "real" investors are staying. Are you kidding me? How is that a good thing? All what happens that the coin loses its volume, dies slowly and the "investors" are sitting on huge stack they cant sell anyways because it would shoot the price to the rock bottom.

Emc2 still has one advantage, that is the foundation and a team that is still dedicated (mostly). I dont like every decission, but at least they are still around and probably will continue to do so. That is not something that can be said of every coin. Furthermore this coin serves a purpose other than a quick punp and dump. I wouldnt take the time and write this if i didnt think emc2 didnt have a chance, however the window is closing and it is closing quickly.

While I like ahumanbeings post, one thing bothers me:

"Once there is solid news that's when transparency will be given"

As I already pointed out, that is not the stock market and you are not a listed company. The coin may be dead once you come around the corner with your news. Let the community know what you are planning, even if it is in a very early phase and might not be done in the end. Create some hype. That doesnt mean spreading lies around. Look at the twitter account. The last tweet is 3 weeks old. If you dont change that, and quickly, this coin will die.

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I do have to say that if EMC2 is only on Poloniex and/or Crapsy then I will be selling my bag immediately as I refuse to use either of those holes.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Activity: 180
as long as EMC2 is not abandoned, nothing is ever too late. Look at all the ups and downs in other coins, they still survive. Even BTC suffers huge drops sometimes.

To EMC2 teams: Whenever there is some news, please update us immediately. Even if there is none, you guys should come here and say hi to us frequently so we know y'all are still around for this coin.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Well at least there is no longer denial. However, it may be too little too late.
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
Nice to hear a positive update from one of the team, I have confidence that the coin will rebound and I will be keeping hold of my bag for the foreseeable future anyway Wink

I dont sell my coins, when i see FUD on this thread. FUD is FUD Smiley
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
time to buy  Grin. thanks for the update.

I wanted to write the same thing, but you faster Smiley
Activity: 31
Nice to hear a positive update from one of the team, I have confidence that the coin will rebound and I will be keeping hold of my bag for the foreseeable future anyway Wink
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
time to buy  Grin. thanks for the update.
Just to answer a few questions before rumors get out of hand.

#1. No, the coin count is not changing. If the community and new development team decide that it should change for some reason, I will let you all know first.

#2. Yes, there will be new updates as soon as we get a grip on the new changes of direction (still solidifying).

#3. We NEED a new coin developer and we are willing to give a large bounty to anyone willing to take on the role. I'm personally not wealthy by any means so I can't offer monetary compensation right now. The dev should be ethical and willing to build the coin in the name of helping science while simultaneously improving coin price through reasonable support of the coin itself.

#4. My personal role in marketing and promoting the coin has taken a backseat until we can guarantee that we can follow through with our plans with new development and direction. I don't want to push something that is in bad shape and I would rather give you guys the good news when we start to make the turn around.

#5. There is no possible way we can discuss all the changes and ideas we are formulating behind the scenes out in a public forum, I just want you guys to know we are not dormant. Once there is solid news that's when transparency will be given. We do have plans, but until we know they can be executed without fail I will not leak or hype potential changes. Transparency = What we have done and what we will do. If we don't know the exact course (lack of dev) I feel it would be a disservice to talk about potential new algorithms, wallet updates, and codebase changes. I will give the word to you guys as soon as the pieces fall into place. I'm sorry, but we do not have public meetings on public forums. That being said, we do meet up daily in our instant private chat to talk about issues raised here and possible new direction.

#6. If you have a question, please direct it toward me and I will go to the team and give you the full answer.

#7. Those who have pointed out the fundamental flaws in the coin concept are generally right. You are not being ignored.

Promotion will kick up drastically after the pieces begin to be put together. We will be looking to give bounty rewards to new members willing to help the team. Honestly, to promote the coin in its current state would not be very wise until our new website is online and we get a new dev on-board. I really want to give you all some positive news.

Also, I personally have plans to resurrect EMC2 in a big way. If this new plan is confirmed by the team (with dev backing) I will be the first to bring my concept to everyone's attention. Einsteinium is not dead, it's being rebuilt now in a stronger and better way.

I promise to be here more frequently to answer your questions and concerns. You can contact me directly here on bitcointalk, in our IRC channel, through email, or even Skype. Thank you for your time.

IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/?nick=Einstein|?#einsteiniumfoundation
Email: [email protected]

- Ryan Wright
Activity: 11
Hey its Essokinesis! I am one of the ops at the #EinsteiniumFoundation IRC Channel. We are trying to help promote community growth by making the IRC Channel a place of information and help. We are doing a huge giveaway so please come stop by. If you do not have an IRC client please use this link. - https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/?nick=Einstein|?#einsteiniumfoundation - Also please come check out the other features the EMC2Bot has other than being a tipbot. Here are some of the new features !wormhole - tells you whether we are in a wormhole event or not, !profit - profitability calculator, !worth - tells you how much a specific amount of Einsteinium is currently worth.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
The Day 1 EMC2 Pool, still proud of it:

https://emc2.suprnova.cc

The Day 1 EMC2 Pool
Steady and fast Payouts
Heavy Load approved
Straum+VDiff
Fast US and EU Connections
Over 500MH/s in the Pool
Wallet 1.1 !
Promo: 0 % fee - try us !

Safe against fake shares!

Activity: 11
Let's put EMC2 back together, it's worth it. Nothing is easy, a long travel is ahead of us. Let's do this  Grin

Hey come to the IRC Channel so we can talk about what we can do as a community to help Einsteinium. The IRC Channel is #EinsteiniumFoundation. If you do not have a IRC Client use this link: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/?nick=Einstein|?#einsteiniumfoundation
Activity: 182
★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★
Can someone confirm the max supply of EMC2? Did I read it was changing?
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
Let's put EMC2 back together, it's worth it. Nothing is easy, a long travel is ahead of us. Let's do this  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
im gonna buy back into emc2 around 50 sats because unfortunately it probably will be there soon...

This thread lately just has bad vibes

That is exactly my intention....Millions
Jump to: