Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 415. (Read 1076366 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Guys just copy paste the N scrypt from vertcoin even their schedule. They are 100% focus on avoiding asics, yes is less ecological and requires some tweaking but it should be a once in a lifetime fork. Then we can focus our minds and resources into science.

Vertcoin is just an adapted scrypt algo, really not 'ASIC resistant', the multiple hash of X11 or Quark algo would take much more effort to build an ASIC against ...

Chaining NIST approved algos is in no way asic resistance, theres not a single one which is memory hard - its just cheap to put that on a chip...
If you want to know the reason why x11 mining takes less power, its simple - the miner is totally unoptimized.

There is also a big disadvantage with that, cpu mining is nearly as fast as gpu mining...that means, its ideal for beeing mined on botnets - thats something you really dont want.
I dont really find that it matters if it is indeed optimized or not. If it was optimized it would mean generally speaking a same perentage increase of hash for every miner, meaning they still get the same proportional reward. Can you explain what you mean by cpu being as fast as gpu?
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
Guys... BIG NEWS

Our winner Dr Moss, Will be doing a 2 hour AMA on reddit tomorrow between 6-8pm EST. I urge all of you to show up http://www.reddit.com/r/science and show your support. Not only for our coin but for the great work Dr Moss is doing as well.

I know he will need to drum up some more donations, he's only around 75% of the way there.. Lets show our support for him and fund the rest in EMC2, now that would be AWESOME!

See you guys there!

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Guys just copy paste the N scrypt from vertcoin even their schedule. They are 100% focus on avoiding asics, yes is less ecological and requires some tweaking but it should be a once in a lifetime fork. Then we can focus our minds and resources into science.

Vertcoin is just an adapted scrypt algo, really not 'ASIC resistant', the multiple hash of X11 or Quark algo would take much more effort to build an ASIC against ...

Chaining NIST approved algos is in no way asic resistance, theres not a single one which is memory hard - its just cheap to put that on a chip...
If you want to know the reason why x11 mining takes less power, its simple - the miner is totally unoptimized.

There is also a big disadvantage with that, cpu mining is nearly as fast as gpu mining...that means, its ideal for beeing mined on botnets - thats something you really dont want.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
any word on getting added to the iama reddit calender? only one other person tomorrow!

Hello, the AMA will be on http://www.reddit.com/r/science, /r/IAMA is more for famous or successful people, not the best choice for now. Maybe in the future it will.
We've talked with the mods about it, so it will 90% happen tomorrow at the scheduled hour, 10% being reserved for extraordinary events.  If you want more information I can ask the marketing team to offer more details.
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
any word on getting added to the iama reddit calender? only one other person tomorrow!
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
Added for voting at c-cex.com exchange: https://c-cex.com/?id=vote
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
FREE COINS - FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER FIRST 100 FOLLOWERS TO SEND ME AN ADDRESS RECEIVE 30 EMC2 COINS!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

@EMC2FOUNDATION
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Are the coins mined so far safe after this planned fork?

The fork isn't planned yet. They are exploring the possibility. Part of this exploration is determine how best to preserve the blockchain and make sure people keep the coins they have mined so far. (this is what derbrause has posted above.)
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
hope dev team prepared a press release about the winner of the first epoch)

That would be our marketing team. The press release is ready, it just needs to be sent out.

We leave our dev team to the dev stuff, which as you can tell...they are rather busy.
Activity: 207
Merit: 100
Are the coins mined so far safe after this planned fork?
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Please, support Einsteinium at:

mintpal
 - You can vote 5 times per hour, must be registered.
Cryptsy
 - You must be registered.

Donations are welcome • EMC2: EUXmHCiJKcRkSH6TofnwmiR7PKQYg4bq28 • Thank you
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
block halving begin in epoch 3 (begin from 72000 block)?
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
hope dev team prepared a press release about the winner of the first epoch)
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
well, seems it's going to be X11 after all
hope you success
Activity: 95

serious testing going on.

- Testnet runs are successful

Current Test:
Compile wallet with an included hard fork date
Build Wallet
Download real Blockchain
Sent EMC2s out of *the scrypt blockchain* to the x11 wallet (PASSED!)
isolate the network
Setup 3 different nodes as seednodes and connect them viceversa
Let the hard fork happen (time and date was set - PASSED)
Transfer *scrypt-EMC2s* to another x11 Wallet within the bubble-network (no connect to real blockchain)
Mine the Block to confirm that tx - Processing

sadly i have to wait until i find the first block with the diff of 14 even within my testnetwork.. as the diff is recalculated as soon as a block is found that will speed up things. Have to wait for ~6 hours i guess. *Greatly depending on the luck*

Once again and this is VERY Important for everyone to understand:

These are just TECHNICAL tests! There are a lot of things to consider and discuss before we will do anything like a real hardfork. Eventhough we have to do nearly everything we did in the past once again (building the windows wallets, setup a p2pool implementation, build android wallet, build working block explorer etc..). Thats no 'hooray..lets do that now!' step.
Just to make that point clear.

Activity: 84

serious testing going on.

- Testnet runs are successful

Current Test:
Compile wallet with an included hard fork date
Build Wallet
Download real Blockchain
Sent EMC2s out of *the scrypt blockchain* to the x11 wallet (PASSED!)
isolate the network
Setup 3 different nodes as seednodes and connect them viceversa
Let the hard fork happen (time and date was set - PASSED)
Transfer *scrypt-EMC2s* to another x11 Wallet within the bubble-network (no connect to real blockchain)
Mine the Block to confirm that tx - Processing

sadly i have to wait until i find the first block with the diff of 14 even within my testnetwork.. as the diff is recalculated as soon as a block is found that will speed up things. Have to wait for ~6 hours i guess. *Greatly depending on the luck*

Once again and this is VERY Important for everyone to understand:

These are just TECHNICAL tests! There are a lot of things to consider and discuss before we will do anything like a real hardfork. Eventhough we have to do nearly everything we did in the past once again (building the windows wallets, setup a p2pool implementation, build android wallet, build working block explorer etc..). Thats no 'hooray..lets do that now!' step.
Just to make that point clear.

Activity: 462
this coin will go to the moon ,  love this coin .
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
Activity: 94
If you want to see the predatory nature of things, watch Aurora right now. I am not sure if it's just hot air, but supposedly it is under multiple attacks. Not just BCX. It's the Wild West! It will be interesting to watch what happens, and see if and when aurora will recover. I don't think it is dead or will die honestly. And this may all just be hot air. BCX sure is forcing a dump though.

I know this isn't EMC2 related, just interested in seeing if anything really happens to a coin supposedly under attack, even if it is just FUD. Strange world.

UPDATE: It looks like it is all FUD started by BCX. Thank goodness.  Smiley

UPDATE #2: May have been a successful 51% attack. Supposedly it had to be at least 16GH/s to pull it off. Either that or this is more FUD by BCX. I wish I knew how to tell.  Embarrassed

UPDATE #3: It looks like it really is all FUD. My intention is not to spread it. There is still one main fork that everyone planned to switch to at block 5400, and the smaller ones more likely are just not updated wallets. The main fork is the only one moving forward. BCX is a fear monger, duh. And maybe people aren't as malicious as they seem. Again, nothing to do with EMC2. Been running great since the start. Just wanted to see what the heck the fuss was all about with aurora.
Jump to: