Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 419. (Read 1076366 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Basically we should centralize the price of EMC2? Would not work very well in crypto land.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
not true - establish your own private exchange and have the exchange set a value. simple as that.

I think is not fair at all,is not this game in cryptoworld,we need to grow,raising found,having fun and just need some time. Smiley
That is misleading. ASICs were not created because of EMC2. They were created because of the popularity of scrypt. I think all the attention EMC2 has received is positive. Thinking about it, that's a first for me. Seems like every coin I am interested in has something bad happen in the first month. It is the norm with cryptos. Okay now I have jinxed it. Seriously though, I don't see a lot of complaining here. It is more of a discussion relevant to the times. I know if I had plunked down 10k or a 100k on some ASICs I would be on a campaign to get as many coins as I could staying with scrypt. That way I can jump around more for profit.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
not true - establish your own private exchange and have the exchange set a value. simple as that.

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
I'm going to keep my observations brief and succinct.

Those among you who are complaining are getting exactly what you asked for and now you don't like it.

YOU are the ones who begged people to vote to get this coin listed on exchanges and now you're complaining about the attention you're being given as a coin.

You could limit this coin to only being mined by dilythium crystals and still creative developers would some how find a way to circumvent your road blocks and utilize technology to get a leg up on the mining competition. Change and advancement are inevitable are like a runaway train - can never be stopped.

You wanted a monetary value set on your coins and now the people who make their business leveraging the monetary value of literally anything are set to pounce with newer and faster technology and you don't like it - so you're solution is to go back to the stone age... I think Albert Einstein would be sadly disappointed.

You can resist change or you can embrace and exploit it when it comes - SO WHAT if people can mine your coin faster. Are you coin hogs afraid that it will drive down the value of your nest eggs or are you really altruistic and protecting the coin?

I have a solution for you. If you are really as altruistic as you profess to be then pursue will all possible diligence having the coin removed from all exchanges then mining will only be done by those truly interested in the coin for it's implied value and not it's monetary value - but as long as you stay listed on exchanges, the coin will posses a monetary value and be mined as quickly as possible by those who can for it's value - so it's simple - remove it's value and they asic whales will simply ignore you.

my humble .00000002

No monetary value equal no raising found, equal no more emc2,cause its is first goal,raise found for science ! So,it need to be valuable in term !
I agree. It isn't about being the most ASIC resistant. It is more about mitigating a potential threat that is coming down the pipeline in the near future. This threat being true, powerful, game changing scrypt ASICs. Many will say that the threat isn't real because there isn't yet hard evidence of a scrypt ASIC besides the gridseeds and dual miners. Those hardly wipe out GPUs.

Someone posted some preorder numbers for the now 250 MH/s units and it is over 2 million dollars. That is why the issue needs to be addressed now. We can hold our hats and hope no ill minded folks would ever attack such a noble coin, or that the ASICs are further away than predicted.  In my opinion, that is fool hearted in this new Wild West. It is better to set the wheels in motion sooner than later and the devs have done just that. It may seem sudden and rash, but ultimately it is all for the best, and not taken lightly.

This change, if and when it happens is to protect the coin in its most vulnerable phase. Once the coin has gained a bigger base, the threat won't exist in the same way. Maybe Bitcoin is going through some kind of change because of ASICs. Read recently about KNC, same manufacturer releasing the 250 MH/s scrypt ASIC, mining/dumping $460,000 worth of Bitcoins everyday. That isn't too surprising other than the potential price reducing implications of such an operation. Maybe Bitcoin could have better thwarted this kind of thing if it strived to be ASIC resistant. That is a maybe though. It isn't a certainty. If that kind of thing really rattles your bones there are coins that protect against it.  EMC2 needs the best shot at surviving whatever is happening in this new frontier right now.

I like x11 because I have tested it out. Power cost is down, usability of my computer is up, heat is down and ease of use getting it working is still there. I don't think it offers strong if any true ASIC resistance other than being different and new. It's more about timing than anything. A year out we may see the same thing happening to x11 and that would be a great thing in my opinion.

I have tried Vertcoin and it just didn't work with common settings. Sure it may be ASIC resistant but it seems to be Timespace resistant too. It is not appealing to the masses when you can't easily get it up and running. Fine tuning and tweaking will always be a thing for advanced users. I am saying that it should be as easy or easier than scrypt mining to get it to work initially. This is conducive with higher adoption rates.  It should also be popular enough to have strong community support. X11 ticks those boxes easily. If anyone has examples of other algos that can fulfill those needs then I am open to being swayed.

@einsteinium Thank you for the kind words. I spent enough time on the forums/phone to agitate my wife. Whoops! Oh, and thank you for doing very well at listening and respecting the community. Great work so far!
Activity: 116
Btw. can you please disable the top wordpress-bar for non-admin/legitimate users (which are only registered for the votings) at the foundation website.

@functions.php
Code:
if(!current_user_can('manage_options')) 
{
    add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_false');
}

Have you figured out how to transfer the fund to the winner? If there are any news, please also update the twitter account so that we all can spread (or retweet Smiley) the word. It's too quiet there...
I'm going to keep my observations brief and succinct.

Those among you who are complaining are getting exactly what you asked for and now you don't like it.

YOU are the ones who begged people to vote to get this coin listed on exchanges and now you're complaining about the attention you're being given as a coin.

You could limit this coin to only being mined by dilythium crystals and still creative developers would some how find a way to circumvent your road blocks and utilize technology to get a leg up on the mining competition. Change and advancement are inevitable are like a runaway train - can never be stopped.

You wanted a monetary value set on your coins and now the people who make their business leveraging the monetary value of literally anything are set to pounce with newer and faster technology and you don't like it - so you're solution is to go back to the stone age... I think Albert Einstein would be sadly disappointed.

You can resist change or you can embrace and exploit it when it comes - SO WHAT if people can mine your coin faster. Are you coin hogs afraid that it will drive down the value of your nest eggs or are you really altruistic and protecting the coin?

I have a solution for you. If you are really as altruistic as you profess to be then pursue will all possible diligence having the coin removed from all exchanges then mining will only be done by those truly interested in the coin for it's implied value and not it's monetary value - but as long as you stay listed on exchanges, the coin will posses a monetary value and be mined as quickly as possible by those who can for it's value - so it's simple - remove it's value and they asic whales will simply ignore you.

my humble .00000002

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Nice to see bounties being put in place here.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
no, it simply mean that someone is faster
I disagree with all of the above
HwM
Activity: 119
I am under the impression that:
1: ASICS will just Bazinga! the KGW making difficulty rise.
2: This rise will decrease the number of coins mined in general by "normal miners"
3: Rise in price <=> profit for the small time miners and better payouts to projects we want to support.

And for the people with only dollar signs in their eyes. Imagine how many blocks will be cracked? a.k.a. halving rate goes much faster and your currently mined coins will be worth more automatically.

I myself just passively mine EMC2 with only 300 K/Hash and buy more whenever possible and let this all just happen. Good things will come for EMC2.

"All roads lead to Rome"

Aaaand your post.. pretty much the same text:

2: This rise will decrease the number of coins mined in general by "normal miners"
3: Rise in price <=> profit for the small time miners and better payouts to projects we want to support.

And for the people with only dollar signs in their eyes. Imagine how many blocks will be cracked? a.k.a. halving rate goes much faster and your currently mined coins will be worth more automatically.

I myself just passively mine EMC2 with only 300 K/Hash and buy more whenever possible and let this all just happen. Good things will come for EMC2.

"All roads lead to Rome"

You just copy what other people write and post them as your own... questionable..

Consider youself pwnd.
Activity: 84
Activity: 84

"All roads lead to Rome"

Please dont forget that the block target time is still the same - therefor the amount of mined coins will be exact the same Smiley
I love this pool!

http://emc2.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 5 Minutes (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0%
Block Reward Bonus: 0.25%

EDIT: We are currently offering a 0.25% block reward bonus for the next 4 hours. A bonus that pays everyone who contributes to the block not just the block finder. If you already with us, prepare to get some more free EMC2 in your payouts, if you still havent signed up, you're missing out on free EMC2 handouts. To confirm that we're actually paying you, everyone will see 'bonus' transactions in their accounts. Enjoy.

P.S. Server migration is complete. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Activity: 63

"All roads lead to Rome"

http://emc2.poiuty.com
New emc2 mpos pool.
Fee 0%, stratum. Welcome!

any block finder bonus?

I'm on a pool now that give me a 5 coin bonus for each block found and I find a LOT of blocks!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

http://emc2.poiuty.com
New emc2 mpos pool.
Fee 0%, stratum. Welcome!

Activity: 448
Merit: 254
A few things we would like to prepare people for if x11 happens.

This can take time, maybe longer than most people would like. Development is not like waving a magic wand, and hard forks such as this one take additional time and testing. In addition there is a time that is needed to communicate with everybody involved. miners, exchanges, pools, etc. As much as people say make this ASAP, there is a point to making sure this is done right and things go smoothly. We have great developers, but having great developers also means the community needs to have reasonable understanding that not all development is easy, and our developers have lives outside of crypto too.

I agree. I don't even want this done ASAP (though I do want to see it done).
Take time so that everyone will know about it and it is done correctly.

ASAP does not mean: now.

Therefor asap includes thorough testing ensuring the fork is done right and of course a feasible timeframe for everyone to prepare.

+
Lots of work ahead, and a lot of moments must be provided
Jump to: