Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 416. (Read 1076366 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
No algorithm is asic proof indefinitely. People need to come to accept that.  If we do fork it will be a one time thing to avoid the more immanent vulnerability and take the opportunity to grow the community. Later in a coins lifecycle a coin can benefit from ASICs as it keeps the network in place. We are very early in our lifecycle though.

thats a good point it is possible that scrypt could just live on with pure ASIC mining like BTC but since these are alt coins who knows how they will react.  

Dogecoin, Litecoin, Peercoin, absolutely, and there is nothing wrong with that. They have all matured, Dogecoin rather quickly actually. Not all scrypt coins need to change, nor should they. Again coin maturity is a big factor in this.
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
No algorithm is asic proof indefinitely. People need to come to accept that.  If we do fork it will be a one time thing to avoid the more immanent vulnerability and take the opportunity to grow the community. Later in a coins lifecycle a coin can benefit from ASICs as it keeps the network in place. We are very early in our lifecycle though.

thats a good point it is possible that scrypt could just live on with pure ASIC mining like BTC but since these are alt coins who knows how they will react. 
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
No algorithm is asic proof indefinitely. People need to come to accept that.  If we do fork it will be a one time thing to avoid the more immanent vulnerability and take the opportunity to grow the community. Later in a coins lifecycle a coin can benefit from ASICs as it keeps the network in place. We are very early in our lifecycle though.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
A little fuel:
We looked up the code and were able to see that the current 'power savings' are just temporary as the algo itself is very bad in shape so its not properly configured which leads to less work for the card. So if its 'optimized' ( which is something bad in this case :-) ) in the future that energy saving 'feature' will fall apart but the hashrate will rise because of optimiziation.
Furthermore all algos used in x11 are optimized for ASICs :-)
We have been working hard testing and discussing X11 . Its by no means ready to launch and it may never launch if the team feels like there's a better way to go. But at this point it looks very probable that IF we'll be switching to X11 in the near future, everything will need to be rebuilt. Wallet, android app, ect ect ect so everyone will have ample time and advance warning to adjust to the possible upcoming switch to X11, It wont happen overnight, likely there will be at least 25 days notice.
so, you are going to change the algo to X11?
even if it is optimized for asic already?

would it have to be an asic that could work with all 11 algos?

actually yes
i think it would if X11 get popular like scrypt (is going to)
look at all new coins
its not stoppable, every day 1-5 new coin
they'll gonna shift from scrypt to X11 and soon (maybe in 1 year) we can expect hearing news for X11 asics
The Ask Me Anything with Walter Moss, Ph.D. will be from 6PM - 8PM EST this Sunday on the Einsteinium subreddit!

EDIT. This will be US Eastern Standard Time.

Did yall request that they add it to the iama calender?

Going to check on that.

sweet. also the top image on the OP seems broken/missing but that might just be me.
Activity: 252
A little fuel:
We looked up the code and were able to see that the current 'power savings' are just temporary as the algo itself is very bad in shape so its not properly configured which leads to less work for the card. So if its 'optimized' ( which is something bad in this case :-) ) in the future that energy saving 'feature' will fall apart but the hashrate will rise because of optimiziation.
We have been working hard testing and discussing X11 . Its by no means ready to launch and it may never launch if the team feels like there's a better way to go. But at this point it looks very probable that IF we'll be switching to X11 in the near future, everything will need to be rebuilt. Wallet, android app, ect ect ect so everyone will have ample time and advance warning to adjust to the possible upcoming switch to X11, It wont happen overnight, likely there will be at least 25 days notice.

The Asic would have to run all 11 algorithms in the proper sequence, thus making the asic specifically for X11.
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
The Ask Me Anything with Walter Moss, Ph.D. will be from 6PM - 8PM EST this Sunday on the Einsteinium subreddit!

Going to check on that.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

http://emc2.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 30 Seconds (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0.5%
Current Pool Hashrate: ~200MH/s
Current Pool Workers: ~175

A little fuel:

Activity: 350
A little fuel:
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Btw. can you please disable the top wordpress-bar for non-admin/legitimate users (which are only registered for the votings) at the foundation website.

@functions.php
Code:
if(!current_user_can('manage_options')) 
{
    add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_false');
}

Have you figured out how to transfer the fund to the winner? If there are any news, please also update the twitter account so that we all can spread (or retweet Smiley) the word. It's too quiet there...

My bad - im the tchilp-guy Cheesy .. gonna boost that now!

I forwarded your suggestion to our webdev - Thanks for the advice !

Great... twitter is exploding, wp-bar also removed... keep up the great work! Wink

Activity: 448
Merit: 254
This is the beginning, for EMC2 and all future coins inspired from EMC2! happy to be along for the ride

+ fat +
The Ask Me Anything with Walter Moss, Ph.D. will be from 6PM - 8PM this Sunday on the Einsteinium subreddit!

Awesome, I'll get my questions ready.

this could be huge for einsteinium and has front page potential. Reddit loves science
Activity: 115

Please, support Einsteinium at:

mintpal
 - You can vote 5 times per hour, must be registered.
Cryptsy
 - You must be registered.

Donations are welcome • EMC2: EcXytMHJR4F3uxxH1EoTVFRGYisGUHFsh6 • Thank you

Activity: 104
This is the beginning, for EMC2 and all future coins inspired from EMC2! happy to be along for the ride
The Ask Me Anything with Walter Moss, Ph.D. will be from 6PM - 8PM this Sunday on the Einsteinium subreddit!

Обязательно буду там, интересно пообщаться с победителем

Lol Grin i mean "i'll sure to be there, it is interesting to talk with the winner" Grin

Обязательно буду там, интересно пообщаться с победителем
Wow wow! here there is a serious discussion! What did I miss? Smiley
Activity: 536
Merit: 252

Jump to: