Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EPC][Scrypt] Experiencecoin-The coin geared towards gamers-reRelease - page 2. (Read 63650 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073
Heya all is there any working blockexplorer for EPC  ?  

If so please pm the link for it so i can add to our Coininfo on Cryptopia !

Regards Lafu

Prohashing is working on resyncing their wallet. I would think dray's block explorer would be updated, it is here:

http://45.63.119.167:3003/

Nope, drays please update your block explorer. You will need to resync the blockchain from scratch, since it shows blocks past 1100000 with a 17500 reward.

Currently http://coincave.nl/epcstats.php is the only updated mining pool, they have a block explorer, but it does not allow searching.

I am not a fan of this thoughtless change/fork (I specifically mean the block reward change), so I would prefer to just bring my explorer down for now, given that
 (a) my warning regarding the block reward change was left unaddressed and basically was ignored by "bitcoinore.com" and the team;
 (b) updating the Block explorer will take time which I don't have now;
 (c) I have some suspicions Yobit might ignore the new client, and continue to work on old fork - this would result in old fork being more viable than new one.
The reason (a) is clearly the main one though.
Wish you all the best though.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114

Regards Lafu

Hi Lafu, thanks for contacting us. I will send you a pm to confirm our official blockchain explorer is online and running.
It's going to be on such address:

http://explorer.epcnodes.com

Also please, if you didn't yet take it into account, be aware of the new logo available with the new version here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/experiencecoin/experiencecoin/master/src/qt/res/icons/experiencecoin.png

Regards
Sal

Ok thank you  !  Nice

Hi Lafu,

The development team is working to get a explorer up, in addition prohashing as confirmed with us they have updated EPC, and will release it with their next role out.  We will keep you posted.

Thanks

Thanky you too Smiley
Activity: 302
Merit: 251
Ego Sum Qui Sum
Awesome news, just wait some profit  Wink Cool
Activity: 592
Merit: 503
workingForBitcoins.com
Heya all is there any working blockexplorer for EPC  ?   

Regards Lafu

Hi Lafu,

The development team is working to get a explorer up, in addition prohashing as confirmed with us they have updated EPC, and will release it with their next role out.  We will keep you posted.

Thanks
Activity: 75
Merit: 7

Regards Lafu

Hi Lafu, thanks for contacting us. I will send you a pm to confirm our official blockchain explorer is online and running.
It's going to be on such address:

http://explorer.epcnodes.com

Also please, if you didn't yet take it into account, be aware of the new logo available with the new version here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/experiencecoin/experiencecoin/master/src/qt/res/icons/experiencecoin.png

Regards
Sal

It appears yobit has updated their wallet.

Where do you see that?
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114
Heya all is there any working blockexplorer for EPC  ?   

Regards Lafu
We have confirmation. v 3.0 client is working!

That's interesting..I'm checking this on my peers as well.
Anyway my latest commits and the building binaries aren't harmful. I just removed the ability to request merged mining, which is not supported anymore.
Without watching logs, because prohashing guys are a bit deaf (not as deaf as yobit though) I made my best guess.

Anyway guys if you really want to give a real help to this project, please bug prohashing,but most of all yobit (they didn't reply to our issue in 2 weeks!)
Cryptopia seems the only one who put the status on holding because they are upgrading the wallet.
No, I don't think they did update, because my 3.0 client shows they are running shibetoshi. I think the old wallet accepted blocks with a 64 reward, that is why it showed as 64 rewards on prohashing. My 3.0 client says block 1100564 was the last block, with a reward of 64 EPC. I don't think the new client has a bug. I think the old client is accepting 64 epc reward blocks.

mm..that's rather weird. The old client isn't supposed to accept 64 EPC blocks
Activity: 330
Merit: 0
Here coincave.nl is running a new 3.0 client, look it works!

http://coincave.nl/epcstats.php

addnode=178.62.40.172:7300
addnode=165.227.211.179:7300
addnode=45.63.119.167:7300
addnode=118.240.210.46:7300
addnode=108.162.133.49:7300
addnode=149.56.204.127:22556
addnode=72.208.141.45:22556
Activity: 8
OK, so it is showing prohashing as not having an updated client when I check the peers.

They did  update the client, but due to a bug their client misbehaved. A fix is already provided to them and we think it should solve the issue.
For now only linux binaries (32 bit and 64 bit) are updated as this bugfix only affects pools and solo miners.

We will slowly update windows and mac binaries as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Whats the current status? Is the blockchain alive?? Mined some blocks at coincave, but the reward never arrived in my wallet. Is there a working blockchain explorer? Is there anybody?
OK, so it is showing prohashing as not having an updated client when I check the peers.

They did  update the client, but due to a bug their client misbehaved. A fix is already provided to them and we think it should solve the issue.
For now only linux binaries (32 bit and 64 bit) are updated as this bugfix only affects pools and solo miners.

We will slowly update windows and mac binaries as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Activity: 74
OK, so it is showing prohashing as not having an updated client when I check the peers. Bummer. I guess I'm gonna have to sell all my coins.

Just kidding.

I'm sure they will update someday.
This project is so quiet, even if the exchange does not want to update it?
Hahaha...
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073
Experiencecoin block reward to permanently drop from 17,000 EPC to 64 EPC after block 1,100,000!

So you mean the block reward will immediately become 64 EPC right after block 1,100,000 !!!?

I understand it is seemingly beneficial for the current holders, however it is a very dangerous move. Given the current supply, and the current state if the coin (low acceptance and price per coin), the block reward is extremely small, and it would make mining completely unprofitable. In the worst case scenario miners might stop mining the coin, and chain will stop. In the best case scenario, mining will continue with low hashrate, but that could make the chain very susceptible to 51% attack.

Wouldn't it be better to gradually decrease the reward from 17,500 to 64 over few (10-20) years?
Activity: 592
Merit: 503
workingForBitcoins.com
Experiencecoin is planned for block reward to permanently drop from 17,000 EPC to 64 EPC after block 1,100,000.
Activity: 15
Many games + blockchain projects were born in 2017, but they are all quiet and understated. I think it's not yet time for a collective outbreak. Instead, I'm more optimistic about the game because I think it is the easiest to accept application
This is a currency for a non-profit project. Mining but no mining pool. The developer did not specify their route, so it was a worthless currency to me!
In short, anyone who buys cryptocurrency is an investment!
Without a good development plan and an outstanding developer, people will not easily invest in this currency!
What's more, this currency has not yet been applied in real life.

It was a post about the mining pool in this thread. If you didn't understand it you can try reading it again. Good luck.
This is a currency for a non-profit project. Mining but no mining pool. The developer did not specify their route, so it was a worthless currency to me!
Without a good development plan and an outstanding developer, people will not easily invest in this currency!

Why are you here? Are you bored? Sitting there claiming false things and constantly complaining about nothing is really stupid. I buy cryptos. I do this because one day in december of 2016, I became very depressed, because I was very poor with no hope at all.

Then for some really random reason I became obsessed with bitcoin and cryptocurrency. I ended up investing a very small amount (about $300) and am now not very poor. Also, I realized that if I buy a low priced coin and don't sell it for a long time, I could make a very large amount of money.

So, I just so happened accross this great coin when nobody else wanted it. So now I am spreading the word. It is true that this cryptocurrency is undervalued, and is probably going to be more valuable in the future. The wallet update is a little bit nerve racking, since I have now ammased over half a billion experiencecoins, but I am confident it will be OK.

Do you know why Bitcoin is so expensive?
Because it limits the total amount, and it is rare, the market is so well controlled!
Your ratio of Bitcoin to this currency really made me laugh!!
Activity: 161
Merit: 11
This project feels good to me, but the information you provide is not comprehensive enough, so that everyone can understand the project better.
Pages:
Jump to: