Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EPC][Scrypt] Experiencecoin-The coin geared towards gamers-reRelease - page 9. (Read 63650 times)

Activity: 330
Merit: 0
Fantastic news, keep up the good work.  Cheesy
Activity: 75
Merit: 7
We're here to announce the change of direction on the upgrade process.

Our original objective was to move to the Litecoin source code, however, after many months of issues,
we have realized this is not possible. The follow reasons are the issues we faced while trying to move to the Litecoin codebase:

- We determined that maintaining our own AuxPoW implementation would be too costly for our team, when we would rather be working on the future.

- There are potential conflicts between the special AuxPoW block version, and SegWit's use of version number to signal softforks.

- We decided to preserve the existing community's full investment without creating the hassle of a forced upgrade and hardfork.

Due to these on going and outstanding issues, we are diverting from a Litecoin code base, and moving forward with the latest Dogecoin code base!!

This will allow us to continue moving forward.

Additionally, there is no longer a necessity to pause or hold off mining and trading.
Cryptopia trading has been restored, and supporters are free to resume mining.
We hope this good news and new direction will give you guys a boost in positivity.
Activity: 200
Hello folks.  I just read that EPC wallet holders should not mine after 1078016 block by I just tried to synch my wallet today and I am stuck at 1078203 block and it won't move forward.  What is the necessary step(s) needed to fix this?  I got plenty of coins in my wallet from last year so I have not been mining, just holding.  Please advise.  Thanks.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
access project are very interesting with all the information complete without any confusing from this project, I think this project has a good plan for the development of this coin in the future
OK, so what is you ETA for the wallet release? So far you are only giving excuses. If you give me a time and day of the estimated release of the wallet, that would be great.

I am here saying these things, because you have successfully stopped mining, and you have successfully stopped trading, and so far you are successful in not releasing an update. So in conclusion, EPC is successfully under attack, and is in danger of being snuffed out by evil devs.

Wow, you're really a troll, there's no other way to call you. After having that clear and full explanation, writing what you wrote it just means that. I'm going to stop reading your posts as they are just disturbing and against EPC. You're the evil here if you didn't notice. Goodbye.
Activity: 592
Merit: 503
workingForBitcoins.com
There are been some valid concerns and suggestions made.

First off, it is a very complicated process releasing an update. There are plenty of steps and testing that need to take place, to get from point A to point B. During that process, mistakes are likely to happen.

We are not experts in this process. We do our best with what we have, we make judgement calls, based on our best intentions. This whole process is not easy to navigate, and we are learning as we move forward.

People complaining, must realize you will absolutely NEVER have more to lose than the developers of this project. We have put years of effort into this project, we have put in endless hours, tens of thousands of dollars, maintaining servers, services, and the continued development of this project.  

This does not mean that our supporters don't have anything to lose, and we understand that.

During this process, we have made a couple of mistakes.

1 - Our first mistake was that our playbook for testing was incomplete - As a result, we had incorrectly concluded that we were ready to release, which turned out to be false.

2 - Requesting a pause in trading - This was consequence of our first mistake, we requested that trading be paused, with the assumption that the release was ready. The idea, as I explained before, was to protect people from loss or inaccurate transactions. It should be noted, that we paid 500,000 DOT to have EPC posted on cryptopia, and 1 BTC to have it get on yobit.

The biggest hurdle for us, has been, and continues to be, updating while maintaining the same blockchain. The main reason for this is legacy behavior of DOGECOIN wallet having the capacity for shared mining.  It has been a complete nightmare to resolve, and it has been the sole obstacle between us and the release of 3.0. To appreciate the difficult of such a change, from DOGECOIN Code base to LITECOIN code base, whilst dealing with this, you'd have to have an intimate understanding of aux.

More importantly, EPC is an open source project. We may have given birth to the project, but as soon as the project was shared, it was no longer ours. We have our vision for EPC, but that is our vision. Everyone here has the option to take EPC and go in whatever direction you'd like.

You don't like what we are doing? Take the code, and do what you think should be done with it.

Don't like to update?
Stay on EPC 2.0 and continue using the original Blockchain.

Think we are taking too long? The latest changes are on github, clone it and get the updates out sooner

Don't like the project and/or the developers? Consider other projects with the similar objectives.

Don't like that EPC is paused on cryptopia? Pay another exchange to list it and trade as you wish

EPC is yours, if you have internet access and a computer. YOU can do what ever you want with the project. That option is YOURS. No one is forcing ANY of you to follow our game plan, absolutely No on, but you. You have every right and opportunity to take it and make it our own, and get the support of others to follow suit.

Look at Bitcoin, there were people who did not agree with the way core dev were handling and directing the project. So what did they do? They forked the code and created their own versions of Bitcoin:

Bitcoin ABC...
Bitcoin Unlimited...
Bitcoin XT...
Bitcoin Cash...
Bitcoin Gold...
...and so on!

Don't come here and complain about what we are doing, if you don't like it, don't wast your time being negative, instead, go grab the source code and create your own version of EPC, or simply ignore our updates and stick to the old wallet and blockchain.

That is what Open Source, decentralized projects are all about. You have the power to do as you wish, and follow who and what you want.

Activity: 22
My wallet is getting more and more delayed.
The cause is...
Are there many people who let go?
Activity: 183

At this point I don't care much, because I don't think you have the technical skills to take on this project, at least I can say I have no evidence that you are planning to update at all, because at this point it appears to be malicious intrigue set out to destroy a project that was great.

Many projects get picked up by malicious people who only want to profit or destroy.

I agree with your feeling,

because day after day, week and week after week, then month to month its next, this does not lead to good impact and bring significant development, which means slowly tillage field launched in the business circle

no wonder, the business world and the world of cryptocurency developers have dark side parts.

Technically, everyone else has the same authority  as the current dev except for the fact that he can request to delist, suspense trading as he paid for the listing (however, everyone else can request listing somewhere else). If most people use old wallet, mine from the old wallet... the chain will continue.

If dev comes out with a new working wallet, and no one uses, then the old chain win, otherwise so be it.
Activity: 322

At this point I don't care much, because I don't think you have the technical skills to take on this project, at least I can say I have no evidence that you are planning to update at all, because at this point it appears to be malicious intrigue set out to destroy a project that was great.

Many projects get picked up by malicious people who only want to profit or destroy.

I agree with your feeling,

because day after day, week and week after week, then month to month its next, this does not lead to good impact and bring significant development, which means slowly tillage field launched in the business circle

no wonder, the business world and the world of cryptocurency developers have dark side parts.
I am only suggesting that you do what you say. If you are having issues with the wallet update and cannot release it like right now, you should contact cryptopia so they can continue to trade there.

Imagine if Charlie Lee tried to do the same thing with litecoin? What kind of reaction do you think would occur?

'Litecoin creator Charlie Lee halts trading to provide a new update to the wallet.'

'News update, almost two weeks later it comes to light a bug is preventing the wallet update.'

Ok, so my point is, don't say you will release an update, then think its OK that weeks go by and you expect people to just not trade or mine? You seriously are not helping this project, I think it would be better if you announce that v.3 is NOT going to be released. Then if you somehow decide that you want to release the wallet, then DO it when it is READY!

Well, if you were a developer you could understand that some bugs can rise under specific circumstances, if you're not that's fine, now you know it, that is just what I'm going to tell you.
By the way, the source code is already available on github since days, it's not difficult to check to have *some evidence* but you're more than welcome to stay on the old chain if you like it so much, nobody is forcing you.
Activity: 592
Merit: 503
workingForBitcoins.com
So your plan was to get us ready for an update so you could try to stop the trading and mining? I am starting to wonder if you simply are trying to kill this coin.

Technically the people who decide to run the wallet software are in control of whether the v.3 update is accepted. When you release the wallet, you can specify what block the fork occurs. Trying to stop the current experiencecoin from operating is essentially evil. It goes against everything cryptocurrency stands for. You cannot decide whether a coin is traded or mined. You may release your update if you want, but until you actually provide a download of the wallet, you have no say whatsoever about experiencecoin. People are still able to trade, mine send coins etc. When you actually release an updated wallet, then you can say the fork happens on block whatever.

The objective was for us to release right away, and for the pause to exists for a minimal time frame. We needed to pause the trades because EPC will have a new network magic. Meaning that to continue communicating with nodes and the main blockchain, all nodes needed to be updated, otherwise they would not be able to communicate and write to the blockchain. If there are transactions occurring which we are the mist of us transitioning from EPC v2 to EPC v3, they risk being lost.

For example,

If After the release

User A using EPC 2 has 100 EPC

User B using EPC 2 as well buys 50 EPC from User A

User B updates to EPC 3, he will have zero EPC in his wallet

User A updates to EPC 3, and he will still have 100 EPC

This is because the initial transaction took place on the old blockchain using the old network Magic, while after the update to EPC v3.0, the wallets will point to current blockchain and the right network magic.

This is what we are trying to protect people from. As I mentioned, our objective was to have had released EPC already, but due to surfacing Bugs, we must address them, prior to releasing.

So your plan was to get us ready for an update so you could try to stop the trading and mining? I am starting to wonder if you simply are trying to kill this coin.

Technically the people who decide to run the wallet software are in control of whether the v.3 update is accepted. When you release the wallet, you can specify what block the fork occurs. Trying to stop the current experiencecoin from operating is essentially evil. It goes against everything cryptocurrency stands for. You cannot decide whether a coin is traded or mined. You may release your update if you want, but until you actually provide a download of the wallet, you have no say whatsoever about experiencecoin. People are still able to trade, mine send coins etc. When you actually release an updated wallet, then you can say the fork happens on block whatever.

Your points are valid but the "pause" of the coin was due only to the major changes we went though. The version 3 had to be released already but due to some bug just raised in some specific condition this is not yet done. We want to fix this bug first, that's the reason of the delay. From my side and from EPC devs there's absolutely no reason or will to kill the coin but instead we want to make worth and usable in different cool ways, which only this upgrade can let us do that.
So please keep some more patience until we fix that nasty bug and we move on.
legendary
Activity: 1938
Merit: 1014
updated site, looks amazing)

changes are already taking place, it's nice to watch it Wink

http://www.experiencecoin.org/

Is the update still planned to occur? Personally I like the coin how it is. But an update is always welcome.

It's going to occur, we just need to test latest things and release.
Activity: 420
Merit: 31
Admin
Can you pleaz contact Yobit (i suppuse you have a direct support with them) my EPC coins a stuck (no transaction non confirmation)..they really have a pb, i cant withdraw

thanks for you r help

The dev is not responsible for clearing your transaction, you must contact yobit with a support ticket and wait. Or forget obout your coins. Try withdrawing some more if you can. It will probably work, if it doesn't work, then you should worry. The dev is not in direct contact with yobit.

im not complaining 
i ask isf the admin can talk to Yobit about EPC problem on their exchange
Yes he talk to them or have a VIP support....in some days cryptopia stop the wallet waiting to realese 3.0

You had never problem with Yobit ? Roll Eyes  are you kidding me ?
I dont know if they re scammer on not competent but thousand of users have coin stucks (Millions of dollars)

Yobbit support dont give answer..some of us waiting since 2 month or more
Many of us have their EPC coin stuck on Yobit
To Administrator. Smiley
Please tell me.  I have questions.
I am currently using a wallet 'Experiencecoin Core version v1.8.2.0-unk(32bit)' and program 'Qt version 5.3.2'.
Can I keep this wallet?
https://i.imgur.com/SBSC9l8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/C6bfS5R.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/r3MMQpj.jpg

If the wallet works, then it should be OK, however, we are anticipating a V.3 release soon, so when it is available you should update your wallet after backing up your wallet.dat.

OK. I'm relieved.
I am looking forward to the new release!
Thank you. Grin
To Administrator. Smiley
Please tell me.  I have questions.
I am currently using a wallet 'Experiencecoin Core version v1.8.2.0-unk(32bit)' and program 'Qt version 5.3.2'.
Can I keep this wallet?
https://i.imgur.com/SBSC9l8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/C6bfS5R.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/r3MMQpj.jpg
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Admin
Can you pleaz contact Yobit (i suppuse you have a direct support with them) my EPC coins a stuck (no transaction non confirmation)..they really have a pb, i cant withdraw

thanks for you r help

The dev is not responsible for clearing your transaction, you must contact yobit with a support ticket and wait. Or forget obout your coins. Try withdrawing some more if you can. It will probably work, if it doesn't work, then you should worry. The dev is not in direct contact with yobit.

From the first yobit is not concerned with customer complaints, you are free to contact yobit through the support ticket you will never get an answer.
Activity: 420
Merit: 31
Admin

thanks for you r help
legendary
Activity: 1938
Merit: 1014
EPC New Splash Screen

very good work Dev)

Hi @diorthotis thanks, you always help any people here, i glad it  Grin

Indeed, it's nice to have a community that help each other, that's exactly the open source way we follow, free software and free knowledge to improve the whole community experience at different levels.

Beside that, we're going to release in the weekend, probably you've read that already!
There's twitter posts about it. I'm just working now on the look&feel of the client, I'm tempted to send a screenshot here but I won't do that as our boss doesn't like surprises before release :-D

All I can say, I think it's going to look awesome. I might be biased and I wait for your opinion once you see it.

Laters

in anticipation of an EPC update) we waited so long, that 1 - 5 days -  is nothing;)

Pages:
Jump to: