Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][FLT] Fluttercoin Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ | Proof of Transaction 3.0 | Update v0.7.5.22 - page 51. (Read 151531 times)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

IMPORTANT - MINTPAL COINS UPDATE

Good morning flutters,

After near a month, the ''send back'' process is a success so far. We receive a lot of very nice comments - it's a pleasure for us.

But more than half mintpal coins have yet to be sent back, and we can now stake those remaining coins and get a solid reward. So what to do with this reward (and the next one) ?

What we propose is:

- Use any staking reward to pay back the 8.95% deduction we had to apply on each balance, starting with the first email we got and so on. We won't have enought to pay everyone's 8.95% at first, but we suspect that we will be able with future staking reward. So, each of us will get 100% of their FLTs back !

- Meanwhile, Ofeefee will split the block a lot to try to decrease PoS interest rate and secure the entire network (he will explain better for sure).

- When people will be fully reimboursed, we would send further staking reward to the bounty fund, allowing us to hire more people, developpe some projects and so.

+++++

All this is not yet ''official'', because we need first to see how much flutters the staking will reward, and too we need you guys approval. It's not our coins, so any decision have to get a general approval.

Thanks.

Sounds like a good plan to me.  Smiley

Many thanks again for getting the coins back from mintpal.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
People have had time to get their coins back. If they haven't done so, I think it's fair to compensate those who are still around and interested Smiley

But just to make it clear, we won't pay out of the remaining coins (we don't own these), but out of Proof-of-Stake reward. We may or may not be able to pay everybody back, but will start doing so using from the first email we got to the last. My opinion is we will be able to pay 100% to everybody.

Great news!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
People have had time to get their coins back. If they haven't done so, I think it's fair to compensate those who are still around and interested Smiley

But just to make it clear, we won't pay out of the remaining coins (we don't own these), but out of Proof-of-Stake reward. We may or may not be able to pay everybody back, but will start doing so using from the first email we got to the last. My opinion is we will be able to pay 100% to everybody.

Yess, we will eventually have 100% of the people interested covered Smiley
Activity: 741

legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports

+1
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
Why are there still coins left?
 Because they have not responded to the email request. If you had mpv1 coins and not received an email, check your spam filter boxes.

I like this idea, one more way to get everyone to 100%.

--o
IMPORTANT - MINTPAL COINS UPDATE

Good morning flutters,

After near a month, the ''send back'' process is a success so far. We receive a lot of very nice comments - it's a pleasure for us.

But more than half mintpal coins have yet to be sent back, and we can now stake those remaining coins and get a solid reward. So what to do with this reward (and the next one) ?

What we propose is:

- Use any staking reward to pay back the 8.95% deduction we had to apply on each balance, starting with the first email we got and so on. We won't have enought to pay everyone's 8.95% at first, but we suspect that we will be able with future staking reward. So, each of us will get 100% of their FLTs back !

- Meanwhile, Ofeefee will split the block a lot to try to decrease PoS interest rate and secure the entire network (he will explain better for sure).

- When people will be fully reimboursed, we would send further staking reward to the bounty fund, allowing us to hire more people, developpe some projects and so.

+++++

All this is not yet ''official'', because we need first to see how much flutters the staking will reward, and too we need you guys approval. It's not our coins, so any decision have to get a general approval.

Thanks.
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
I've updated my FlutterShare to 25%!

Fixed a bug in blockbrowser which caused client crash, added a stake splitting option so you can customize your blocks, updated all the coin control enhancements recently added, and added a return change to the sender address, available on github if you want the latest.

FYI, there is an issue when splitting blocks where the fee is not calculated properly on larger splits.  I tested trying to split a block into 50 smaller chunks, and ran into the issue.  My solution at the moment is to select the blocks i wanted to split, set my split blocks, check return change, and send less than original.  Another option is to use less # of splits.

What is happening here is coin control is estimating the size of the block and the amount of the fee, and then you copy after fee, but then you output it to a bunch of outputs which increases the fee.

For instance, i select 12k of blocks to split, check return change, select 10 blocks, and set my address to send the split to (has to be one in the wallet), set amount to 11k and send.  This will generate 10 blocks ~1100, and another block about 900 or so.

--o
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
 withdraw your    deliver it to right people   And they know and understand
You speak English.  I KNOW it is English.  My English is enough good to understand.  Still.  I.  Understand.  Fuckall.

But hey, look promising no ?

Tongue
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
slax0r found an issue in makefile.linux which was preventing a compile.  Forgot to include the messaging objects for these, we build using gitian, but many of you source guys need this!  Pull latest from github, should get you going.

Thanks slax0r
--o
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
Oy Oy Oy !

Derek (Ofeefee) may have discover a way to PoT out of PoS Smiley

Would be an amazing breakthrough !!!  As of now, PoT is produced by PoW.   It limit it a lot, and before today, we had no sexy solution to increase PoT without jeopardizing the entire balance.  Derek just told us on skype that he may discovered a way to reward PoT on top of PoS !

Gentlemen, start your engine !&&(%?(*#&#&&!

I got some of the math messed up on where I pulled the 5% reward from (pulled from entire block rather than just reward), but here was the block with the PoT code being run, just forced output to a spare address in the bounty fund while testing.  I have it offline at the moment, need to fix the reward calculation, and need some transaction mods, my transaction table recorded strange activity, but restart of wallet showed proper values, so the wallet data was correct, just how it was reflected in gui.  Finished up completion of the fluttershare mods so min/max gets saved to wallet, testing this further, got all the wallets online next few days.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/flt/tx.dws?af0300442854f3f415b6f05754973b360d2249d02367b55235192cbc1a03e2bd.htm

--o
Oy Oy Oy !

Derek (Ofeefee) may have discover a way to PoT out of PoS Smiley

Would be an amazing breakthrough !!!  As of now, PoT is produced by PoW.   It limit it a lot, and before today, we had no sexy solution to increase PoT without jeopardizing the entire balance.  Derek just told us on skype that he may discovered a way to reward PoT on top of PoS !

Gentlemen, start your engine !&&(%?(*#&#&&!
I like the tatoo idea, my daugther would enjoy it !

Meanwhile, have a look at Shawn short article-presentation here : http://fluttercoin.us/new-and-exciting-changes-to-the-fluttercoin-wallet/
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
anyone got flt temp tatoos yet?  my daughter saw our fluttergirl and now she wants one!
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
uploading MacOSX v0.7.5.14 and will update the client update check, if you are running v0.7.5.12 on next launch it should inform you to download update.

Thanks,
--o
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
Why can't we make it automatic ?   I mean it's like reducing a bit PoS reward to increase PoT occurence, right ?   At this moment PoS is still very hight, and PoT very low, so why making it optionnal at all ?   We explain it, we set a serious Vote on it, and majority chose ?   We all want flutter to be a success, but honestly, I would not make it optional - since so few are realy donating - and we cant rely on a handfull of persons to feed PoT from their pockets.

Imo we need to have a currency that exist by itself, not relying on people good will.

Learned a lot about some things...you can force this in code to run pot and payout some of their stake. but someone is going to remove this code and recompile without it. Because unless you build it in as a requirement in the chain, meaning you have a security check, nothing is stopping someone from bypassing it.

For instance I can compile a piece of code that if I hit pow it generates me a million flt. Easy to do. The reason you can't do this is the rest of the network checks this to verify that it's not right and rejects it.

I think having a few wallets designed with this in mind would be ideal, meaning, we create a few 1million flt wallets, all for the sole purpose of bounty and staking for pot. It would be unique in crypto, a coin that rewards based on generosity of the holders. What if you had the option to pay it forward a bit...and not be required to do so.

Additionally right now I'm not sure how to get pot code to generate me an address for me to optionally much less forcefully donate, but it is something I would like.

Right now it's 5% pot on pow block, how coin was designed. We could increase pow to 100 and this goes to 5, or set it so when pot hits it's 80% or some value, or maybe make it generate some random percentage based on a value in the block.

Fixed values are easier but random has some variance which makes it feel not so static.

legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
Kdioby pointed me out that it would be great to have 2FA security. I do not remember if it was doable ?

I don't know how to do that yet, it is doable.
Kdioby pointed me out that it would be great to have 2FA security. I do not remember if it was doable ?
Pages:
Jump to: