Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][FLT] Fluttercoin Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ | Proof of Transaction 3.0 | Update v0.7.5.22 - page 52. (Read 151531 times)

Activity: 741
Merit: 500
Why can't we make it automatic ?   I mean it's like reducing a bit PoS reward to increase PoT occurence, right ?   At this moment PoS is still very hight, and PoT very low, so why making it optionnal at all ?   We explain it, we set a serious Vote on it, and majority chose ?   We all want flutter to be a success, but honestly, I would not make it optional - since so few are realy donating - and we cant rely on a handfull of persons to feed PoT from their pockets.

Imo we need to have a currency that exist by itself, not relying on people good will.
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1001
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
One more thing is pot booster, basically fluttershare to pot reward.  If you hit pos and pot code finds a match it will share some of your reward boosting pot.  Edit--this would be optionally enabled by the wallet user.
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
(x) FlutterShare
(x) FlutterSpeed
(x) Encrypted Messaging
(x) Coin Control
(x) Proof-Of-Transaction
(x) Proof-Of-Stake
(x) Proof-Of-Work

I would open (one more time) a discussion around changing some reward (PoS, PoT, PoW) - to make sure we have the best balanced and secure coin out there, and be ready for the next huge BTC ride. Already discussing it in the Skype Group - but maybe and outside point of view would help.

Ofeefee, you know i'm not on the technical stuff, but would it be possible to set an ''auto-update'' feature into the wallet, or at least an automatic alert when a new release is out there ?   Maybe something around the new messaging system ?   So it would allow some security if ever as a group we chose to hard fork to create the best balanced coin. I know flutter is already one of the most secure coin with it's triple-hybrid structure, but I feel that PoT is way underestimated. Still think it's, by far, the best innovation in cryptos since PeerCoin PoS creation. So, what you guys think ?

Oh and for those persons outside the skype group, it's been some discussion around an anonymous transaction feature - we have options, but some of us don't think it's something worth it at the moment. Maybe there too an outside point of view would'nt hurt.

We already have the update notice in .12 release, I have not updated it to .14 because I am waiting on the macosx build.  It will popup telling you there is an update.

Pow halves at 320k+ or so to 10 and pot goes to .5, this needs to be adjusted in my opinion.  Pos is dynamic, and will adjust with more blocks participating.  I have an idea to help with this over the next few months, my plan doesn't require a hard fork. Pow changes do, but we give enough time everyone should have ample update time.

I don't necessarily like the 30 day stake but as of now I have coins staking every day so if I need to spend its easy to do so.  When you reduce the maturity window this increases the blocks competing for stake and can get to be a perceived problem.  For instance, I have a coin, with a 9 day maturity, and I have some blocks that are taking 40+ days to stake them.  They also have a max pos reward of 1000 so you have to keep small blocks if you want max reward which compounds the issue.  There diff is pretty high because of this.  So just because you have a low maturity window doesn't mean you are compounding every xx days, many times it goes much longer.

Note that once the pos reward starts to fall, the pow and pos difference will be smaller, so maybe focusing on pow problem, if it is?  Maybe just make pot a higher percentage of pow and not worry about the pow reward.  Unless we are going to go the doge route and make pow 10 reward forever which keeps new coins coming into the market, and a way too mine it continuously.  Or come up with another value, but I do know that I've heard pow reward of 10 for a coin of 220million, but most pow/pos coins stop pow completely, and pow coins halve for the most part.  I like you can stake and mine, much more at the moment from pos but hoping this will reduce some in the near future.

Just some ideas of mine, be interested to hear from others flt holders on their experiences with flt.
(x) FlutterShare
(x) FlutterSpeed
(x) Encrypted Messaging
(x) Coin Control
(x) Proof-Of-Transaction
(x) Proof-Of-Stake
(x) Proof-Of-Work

I would open (one more time) a discussion around changing some reward (PoS, PoT, PoW) - to make sure we have the best balanced and secure coin out there, and be ready for the next huge BTC ride. Already discussing it in the Skype Group - but maybe and outside point of view would help.

Ofeefee, you know i'm not on the technical stuff, but would it be possible to set an ''auto-update'' feature into the wallet, or at least an automatic alert when a new release is out there ?   Maybe something around the new messaging system ?   So it would allow some security if ever as a group we chose to hard fork to create the best balanced coin. I know flutter is already one of the most secure coin with it's triple-hybrid structure, but I feel that PoT is way underestimated. Still think it's, by far, the best innovation in cryptos since PeerCoin PoS creation. So, what you guys think ?

Oh and for those persons outside the skype group, it's been some discussion around an anonymous transaction feature - we have options, but some of us don't think it's something worth it at the moment. Maybe there too an outside point of view would'nt hurt.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
new releases are uploaded to github - https://github.com/ofeefee/fluttercoin/releases

New download links are available on the website!
http://fluttercoin.us

Just added and testing first mod for the next release, let's you just check a box for return change, so you do not have go copy and paste a address for custom change address.

--o

Very handy Smiley
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
new releases are uploaded to github - https://github.com/ofeefee/fluttercoin/releases

Just added and testing first mod for the next release, let's you just check a box for return change, so you do not have go copy and paste a address for custom change address.

--o
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports

legendary
Great news keep coming, keep up the good work ofeefee! Smiley
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
I have a suggestion for a wallet feature. Actually this would be good for wallets of all coins. Build in a informational bulletin board screen to notify users that they need to update in case of hard fork or other technical problem. Maybe build in a chat feature that runs 24/7 so people can check in and see what is happening in the flutter coin community.

We could build in a web window to a menu item, and it would pull down a web page in wallet.  And could post items here.  We do have the new update notification in version .12+.  When we release .14 we will update the web notification check, and the notification will begin to popup until you turn it off, or use the new version.

It's a nice idea and has been discussed few time ago.

What you think Ofeefee ?

Activity: 808
Merit: 502
I have a suggestion for a wallet feature. Actually this would be good for wallets of all coins. Build in a informational bulletin board screen to notify users that they need to update in case of hard fork or other technical problem. Maybe build in a chat feature that runs 24/7 so people can check in and see what is happening in the flutter coin community.
Ofeefee, (and Pille, Kizeren, jarrid) thanks !

You know what ? When you look back at the fluttercoin situation few months ago, and you compare with now, it's just amazing !   I saw all this from the inside, but still, you guys keep surprising us !

One think I'm sure. When it will be another 'november 2013 Btc ride'', we will be in a freaking good spot !  Fluttercoin keep improving, we keep our target on sight and work toward it, and those accumulating FLT today will get rewarded big time on the next ride.

With Mintpal mess, we lost a bit of momentum, but now we overpassed it, and I see a bright future for fluttercoin, bitcoin and others resilliant currency.

One more time thank you guys. Within this community i meet some very nice persons, and if only for that, my fluttercoin ride was worth it.

We rock !
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
For encrypted messaging, I would propose 250 000 flt bounty.

Let know if you guys agree.

Sounds fair Smiley

This is completed, it's on dev branch with some other items we have been working on and testing further for release.  Do we have this posted on the fluttercointalk.com bounty page so I can mark it complete?

Thanks!
--o

Great work man!

Here's the link to claim your bounty : http://fluttercointalk.com/showthread.php?310-250-000-FLT-Bounty-Adding-encrypted-messaging-in-fluttercoin-qt&p=1875#post1875

Going to reduce this down to 150k, and 50k of that is going to those that have helped test it out.  Bounty fund is getting low, as we pay for translations, marketing, etc.  Need people to Fluttershare - Bounty fund address is - FShqpDupfZKaw6zkDyqYhZop3P86NRZiet

---

All changes are on github master if anyone is waiting for that to compile new code.  We are having to addnode our new clients so that we can pass messages because there are only 1-2 of the messaging capable clients online at the moment.  Hopefully we will get the seednodes all updated next few days, get this ready for primetime!

Need to write a list of all the new things in this one, got some really good features in this release to make it easier to use the wallet.

--o

Trans - 4b1348c51cb0a736bf02e33fbcf52362ff7416b1226346d4fe951fa4c82a1192
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
| TeamFLT | Trader & Investor |

Sounds fair Smiley

This is completed, it's on dev branch with some other items we have been working on and testing further for release.  Do we have this posted on the fluttercointalk.com bounty page so I can mark it complete?

Thanks!
--o

Great work man!

Here's the link to claim your bounty : http://fluttercointalk.com/showthread.php?310-250-000-FLT-Bounty-Adding-encrypted-messaging-in-fluttercoin-qt&p=1875#post1875
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports

Sounds fair Smiley

This is completed, it's on dev branch with some other items we have been working on and testing further for release.  Do we have this posted on the fluttercointalk.com bounty page so I can mark it complete?

Thanks!
--o
legendary
Great job TeamFLT!  Refreshing to see people working together.

I have completed encrypted messaging, doing some testing on the client, main issue is you need clients running the new code to relay messages so its a bit clunky having to addnode at the moment but it works well.

Only good news when I open this thread, keep up the good work Smiley
legendary
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
Great job TeamFLT!  Refreshing to see people working together.

I have completed encrypted messaging, doing some testing on the client, main issue is you need clients running the new code to relay messages so its a bit clunky having to addnode at the moment but it works well.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Keep it up !

OK Thanks again!   

legendary
Refund is going smoothly... Awesome Smiley Cool
Pages: