Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GB] $ GreenBacks $ ~ A Complete Currency & Infrastructure ~ - page 21. (Read 224554 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Pos minting is like pow mining. It takes time to stake / mine

Just be patient and it will come, your weight will be quite low so when that builds you will start to see stakes.

Your weight is determined by coin age and amount of coins held I think.

So with your 150 coins as opposed to my 20000 I would potentially stake faster than you

Would it be possible for you to suggest how much coins you get through staking in each 8 hour cycle ?
No problem if you do not want to disclose this.

I just want to get a perspective to compare it with my staked coins which seems to be very low (1-2 GB) to me though the total number of coins
I have in the wallet is almost 10 times of what you said you have in your wallet.

You might be still be confused, the point is that there are not 8 hour cycles, your coins only have to be matured once. The thing is that your coins only stake while the wallet is open, and you stake ~10% of your coins in a year. So, if you have 1000 coins you can expect to make 100 coins in a year, if you stake 24/7 365 days. Each POS block has roughly .5-2gb in it, so you would need ~100 POS blocks to do this, or in other words, someone with 1000 coins would probably stake 1 coin every 3 days. We hope this puts the math in perspective.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
good to hear because I bought my GB long time ago for 1200s and waiting Smiley

Hold with us. I didn't sell after the ico pump, I'm an asshole I know, btw this coin deserve to reach higher than 3400sat....
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
good to hear because I bought my GB long time ago for 1200s and waiting Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003
https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer
Thanks for 100% Profit. Great Community what I see.

But sorry I am honest this is one of 200 Coins at the moment.. nothing special imo.

NO FUD! Just my opinion.

Wish you good luck with the project.

Dump Smiley
Check the market history all red on "sell" price drop now from almost 1200 to 800 s.
Hmm maybe I put small bid at 250-300s. Tongue

Just a correction + some panic sellers. Later this day/tomorrow we see 1500sat.

But sorry I am honest this is one of 200 Coins at the moment.. nothing special imo.

NO FUD! Just my opinion.

Dump Smiley
Check the market history all red on "sell" price drop now from almost 1200 to 800 s.
Hmm maybe I put small bid at 250-300s. Tongue
Activity: 110
Merit: 10

Just be patient and it will come, your weight will be quite low so when that builds you will start to see stakes.

So with your 150 coins as opposed to my 20000 I would potentially stake faster than you

Would it be possible for you to suggest how much coins you get through staking in each 8 hour cycle ?
No problem if you do not want to disclose this.

I just want to get a perspective to compare it with my staked coins which seems to be very low (1-2 GB) to me though the total number of coins
I have in the wallet is almost 10 times of what you said you have in your wallet.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10

Your coins have to be in your unlocked wallet ( best to be encrypted ) for a minimum of 8 hours before they reach maturity. Once you have staked those coins that were used in the staking process lose there coin age and the process starts again so those coins will take another 8 hours before they reach maturity.

This is a very crude example of the pos cycle.

Thanks for explaining, ChrisLandin.

I'm a bit disappointed though as each time my staking works I get just 1-2 GB through it and then it stops staking till my coins mature again.

Now that I understand the staking process it doesn't seem to be lucrative enough for me to continue staking.
Activity: 952
Merit: 515

NO FUD! Just my opinion.

Activity: 602
Merit: 250
HEX: Longer pays better
156 coin its very low number.
Click mouse button on Green arrow icon and you can see how many time you need to stake some coin.
No need have coins in point "A " on your screen. They can be in Balance but it working, only you need have "unlock" wallet. Green arrow sugest that your coin already stake.
But with 156 coin you can wait many hours to take anything. Stake is 10% on YEAR. So 156 coin  x 10% its 15 coin on one year so I dont think its have sense.

Thanks I see that now (80 days lol )
I want to buy more GB but not at the price its at right now, so I guess I will have to wait a little Smiley

Thanks for your answer by the way it was appreciated !

Mark
2 x Reply from Newbie account with words means "thats is not pump" Smiley
No needs comments Smiley
And to link to Anti_pump price start rising many hours before GB Team wrote update about web wallet.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 253
Margin Trader
Activity: 172
Merit: 11
Even if it is a pump, we are talking about a coin that some days ago was at 3000+ satoshis with no spotlight at all. Finally it become a known coin, that means even if it is a pump it will be over 3k!
I think its a pump.
No important news and price 200% up.
When 2 x 3BTC Bid wall from 633s & 480s dissapear its sign dump.
Or maybe I am wrong and too da moon Smiley I have some GB so I prefer to da moon ofc Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
Omg what a rise!  Amazing.  More than +200%
156 coin its very low number.
Click mouse button on Green arrow icon and you can see how many time you need to stake some coin.
No need have coins in point "A " on your screen. They can be in Balance but it working, only you need have "unlock" wallet. Green arrow sugest that your coin already stake.
But with 156 coin you can wait many hours to take anything. Stake is 10% on YEAR. So 156 coin  x 10% its 15 coin on one year so I dont think its have sense.
Activity: 824
Merit: 501
Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

Ok so i thought I would give this staking a go and learn more about it.

I have unlocked my wallet with the staking check box ticked, but alas not much is happening ?

I guess my balance should move to the staking section but it hasnt. [ See A on image ]

My wallet has been open and the incoming transactions have been there in excess of 8 hours [ See B on image ]

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance for any and all help !

Cheers
Mark

Activity: 824
Merit: 501
Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th
Hello guys, I'm a newbie to staking and hence have newbie queries :

I've recently(4-5 days now) started staking GB through my windows wallet. I'm seeing a trend how the staking is working in my wallet.

It stakes for some time, staking 2-3 GB coins and then stops staking and shows message "Not staking because you don't have mature coins".
Is this behavior normal ? Query 1

I posted a query about this message earlier here and the dev informed me that the term "mature coins" means the coin should be available in my
open wallet for a certain amount of time for staking to start.

The way I understood this is once the said certain amount of time criteria is met then my staking would start and would continue until I add new coins to the wallet - is this correct ? Query 2

The problem for me that the message ("Not staking because you don't have mature coins") is not very helpful as it is very generic and does not
inform when I would've mature coins again ? Query 3

Also when we talk about "mature coins" - is there any specific time period after which coins would mature for staking or is it random or does it depends upon the number of coins I've in my wallet ? Query 4

Do you turn your computer off at nights ?

The coins need to sit there for i think i read 8 hours to become mature and start staking..If however you turn off your computer OR restart your GB wallet that 8 hour cycle starts again.

I don't think that's totally correct. The coins take a minimum of 8 hours to mature, if you turn your pc off or close your wallet the coins cant stake but your coins weight increases with time  which makes it more likely that you will stake when you reopen your wallet.

Hello guys, I'm a newbie to staking and hence have newbie queries :

I've recently(4-5 days now) started staking GB through my windows wallet. I'm seeing a trend how the staking is working in my wallet.

It stakes for some time, staking 2-3 GB coins and then stops staking and shows message "Not staking because you don't have mature coins".
Is this behavior normal ? Query 1

I posted a query about this message earlier here and the dev informed me that the term "mature coins" means the coin should be available in my
open wallet for a certain amount of time for staking to start.

The way I understood this is once the said certain amount of time criteria is met then my staking would start and would continue until I add new coins to the wallet - is this correct ? Query 2

The problem for me that the message ("Not staking because you don't have mature coins") is not very helpful as it is very generic and does not
inform when I would've mature coins again ? Query 3

Also when we talk about "mature coins" - is there any specific time period after which coins would mature for staking or is it random or does it depends upon the number of coins I've in my wallet ? Query 4

Do you turn your computer off at nights ?

The coins need to sit there for i think i read 8 hours to become mature and start staking..If however you turn off your computer OR restart your GB wallet that 8 hour cycle starts again.  "I Think"
Pages:
Jump to: